• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
You know I'm not liking this season but c'mon guys lol

That said joking about Game of Thrones Brotherhood is hilarious.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Look I'm upset about this season too... But I'm not going to whine about it. Also no way this accomplishes anything... The amount of contracts that would have to be renegotiated and with how much the actors and actresses will all ask for now makes it an impossibility.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. I would love to know what their dream ending would have been.
Personally I would have enjoyed an interesting conclusion to the story threads. I looked forward to seeing how Tyrion would use his intelligence in this world for example. While he did make use of some of it for a time, after a point he just seemed to be very lucky to survive things, and unlucky with his plans but had enough favor to not have to pay for failure (demotion). I also had high expectations for what Little Finger's plan was.

I could see Dany getting to a point where she's ok with turning on innocent people with enough time to develop that side of her, similar to Jaime ending up being a humble person after his time surviving with Brienne. She was written to forget the Iron Fleet among other things, that made her a bit ignorant and vulnerable just so they could speed up her mad queen stuff, turning on innocent people included.

Wombat_Lover

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 20, 2019
User banned (2 days): Making inflammatory comments about other users, trolling.
GOT fans have just become fucking crazy, just like star wars fans with The Last Jedi. Just look at Era's reaction to the episode. You are all fucked in the head.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Look I'm upset about this season too... But I'm not going to whine about it. Also no way this accomplishes anything... The amount of contracts that would have to be renegotiated and with how much the actors and actresses will all ask for now makes it an impossibility.

It's a flippant three sentence long change.org petition. Might as well take that petition to drink the sarcophagus juice seriously as well.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
This season's writing has been trash but you're a naive idiotic nerd if you think HBO will pay for another season that rectons the entire plot of a season. Learn to move on people and wait for GRRM to finish the books. Then you can have the correct ending.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
GOT fans have just become fucking crazy, just like star wars fans with The Last Jedi. Just look at Era's reaction to the episode. You are all fucked in the head.
Kind of unnecessary to call a community of people (that you are a part of) fucked in the head over opinions regarding a TV show.

Most of the reactions you saw here were shared sentiments by media outlets that included the same sentiments in their reviews.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
It's a flippant three sentence long change.org petition. Might as well take that petition to drink the sarcophagus juice seriously as well.

its impossible to know how many of the 80,000 signatures actually think there's a chance of this happening rather than just venting/trolling, but its still a small fraction of the total audience.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of unnecessary to call a community of people (that you are a part of) fucked in the head over opinions regarding a TV show.
Not liking an episode is normal (I have disliked most of this season personally). Having meltdowns like you see online though is just embarrassing.

It's only a tv show. People just need to relax.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Not liking an episode is normal (I have disliked most of this season personally). Having meltdowns like you see online though is just embarrassing.

It's only a tv show. People just need to relax.
Who melted down? It's comments on a message board, do you sincerely believe people were screaming as they were typing, or crying, or breaking things?

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's fine to not like media in a franchise you enjoy but if you get to the point where you not only don't enjoy a particular episode or movie but are *angry* about it you need to step back and breathe. No piece of entertainment is worthy of getting angry about.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

Most of the reactions you saw here were shared sentiments by media outlets that included the same sentiments in their reviews.

Are shitposts, rants, tantrums, and conspiracy theories "opinions"?

Back at the old place a lot of these people saying D&D should burn in hell or whatever would be instantly perm banned, but instead we have mods threadmarking completely skewed interpretations of D&D's work to try and make them out to be sexists and racists. Another threadmarked post has ad hominem littered throughout the entire thing. When it comes to GoT, vitriol is encouraged.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Who melted down? It's comments on a message board, do you sincerely believe people were screaming as they were typing, or crying, or breaking things?

People who are saying this, like the post above me, are being disingenuous as fuck. As if everyone within the fandom of GOT who isn't happy with how it's ending have personal "issues" of some form. It's really gross.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I think the best anyone can hope for is an animated series.

At least until Game of Thrones: Brotherhood comes out in 2035.

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crybabies.

But yeah, do an animated series once the books are done

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
my ex left me because, in his words, he realized he identified more with Cersei and I was too much of a Ned for him.

fuck this show tbh and i'm glad it's gone to hell.

suck it sebastian.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Are shitposts, rants, tantrums, and conspiracy theories "opinions"?

Back at the old place a lot of these people saying D&D should burn in hell or whatever would be instantly perm banned, but instead we have mods threadmarking completely skewed interpretations of D&D's work to try and make them out to be sexists and racists. Another threadmarked post has ad hominem littered throughout the entire thing. When it comes to GoT, vitriol is encouraged.
I agree with you that the level of personal attacks were lame but I wouldn't attribute it to the whole forum by calling people "fucked in the head", and I'm def not interested in going down the meta-drama road regarding moderation. The people doing that stuff are a minority of posters, most people were just disappointed. I disagree with classifying things as "tantrums" when we do not definitively know the headspace of any given user, and "conspiracy theories" could just be forum speculation. There were def some shitposts and rants, rants are whatever, if someone wants to type out a long seemingly passionate post about their viewpoint, that's part of what a forum serves as a space for.

My main point was it's messed up to lay an insult on the community like that, that's all.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
They won't remake season 8 specifically

but we will get a full metal alchemists style reboot eventually that starts from the beginning adapting the 1st book for the 1st season but this time with all the flash backs and wolfe dreams.

this

a full remake after the final books are released is easy money

game of thrones is now a legendary brand. they'll keep remaking it and spinning it off for the rest of time.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_pfzcdieGYR1t4abm8o1_400.png

Shouldn't at least one of the little dragonspawn have black hair?

Deleted member 8674

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

That's why they rushed this season. Contracts + The Star Wars job.

Deleted member 1698

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The big mistake they made was changing from regular length episodes covering lots of sub stories, to longer episodes covering a few stories in detail. It seems people just can't wrap their head around one long episode like this being the equivalent of a season if they told it in the old cut up style. "It is rushed!" well no.

Once people get off reddit and twitter during the show and actually try to enjoy it, I'm sure they'll appreciate the work that was put in. In my opinion the writing has been solid, the cinematography quite outstanding for tv and the season extremely satisfying to date. Don't believe me? Try describing how poor this season has been in comparison with earlier ones, making sure to work the "bad pussy" line into your answer.

Exactly.

I wish it had gone in another darker direction with one of the main characters, but I'd expect that'll be saved for the books. This in no way stops me enjoying the show.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
It's fine to not like media in a franchise you enjoy but if you get to the point where you not only don't enjoy a particular episode or movie but are *angry* about it you need to step back and breathe. No piece of entertainment is worthy of getting angry about.
I have a feeling that people aren't really angry, just disappointed and enjoy discussing it on the internet or in person in the same way people talk about a sports ball event where their team lost.

I remember when I got into Diablo 3, it was my first Diablo and I heard so many good things about Blizzard from the PC community. It took so friggin long to unlock the Inferno mode which was said to be the point in which the real game starts, but it wasn't ready, untested, and so much about it was horrible. I had so much knowledge, and experience gained from the hours I put into the game, especially since I thought I leveled the wrong classes and went through it all again with different classes. I enjoyed discussing Diablo 3 and what could have went wrong, I was in the know, I understood everything people brought up. It's just something to connect with and talk about.

You can still discuss things if everything went very well (Breaking Bad threads, Better Call Saul so far, etc.). We're on the internet in discussion sites, ready to talk about things for entertainment, exchange of ideas, or whatever. Let's be real, it doesn't take much to make a petition online, and sometimes these petitions are just for fun (like polls on Era), and just to meme/troll. There could even be a petition somewhere on Frozen 2 reveal trailer (I thought this was random, but I may have been influenced because someone mentioned Frozen in this thread).

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Alternatively, your cherry should be popped by now (for lack of a better term). For me, it was the Star Wars prequels (and for games, Smash Bros Brawl and Twilight Princess). They crushed my spirit. Now, no entertainment can truly disappoint me to the point of anger ever again.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Look at the critic reviews.

The Last Jedi this situation is not

This is more like a Star Wars prequels reception post original trilogy reception situation LOL