• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
What would have been a *remarkable* ending is if Dany had been poisoned, and right at the point they're about to triumph, falls ill, and falls to her death.

Drogon grieves, and begins to destroy the city.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I feel like I'm in an extreme minority in regard to liking and being thoroughly entertained by GoT despite its flaws. The extreme hate is just exhausting, whether it's GoT, SW, whatever.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can somebody PM a brief summary about why everybody hated the last GoT episode?

I only watched S1 and gave up on it but I'm curious.

Limit

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Their tears is making this season way more entertaining than it would have been otherwise. Delightful stuff.

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I feel like I'm in an extreme minority in regard to liking and being thoroughly entertained by GoT despite its flaws. The extreme hate is just exhausting, whether it's GoT, SW, whatever.
The issue is that the quality has been dropping drastically over the last few seasons. Surely you have felt the writing going downhill?

In terms of petitions like this, they are stupid as hell and people write articles about them just to get clicks. I can find you wayyyyyy dumber petitions than this. They just aren't worth talking about.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
The whole point was that there would be no alibi for her razing the city. She made the decision herself. The execution of that scene is perfect and Emilia knocks it out of the park, it's the buildup and the pacing that are the problematic parts. Even still, I think this episode was the best so far for season 8.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what HBO is thinking of this shit storm, seeing as they want to continue with the IP.
They'll weather the fecal matter and hope people are more forgiving by the time the prequel series is released.

But what D&D have done is looking like they have basically salted the earth, not very different from what Dany did to King's Landing, so who knows. HBO really fucked up by giving them as power and leeway as they have done.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of you have spent more time discussing and debating this petition than the person who wrote the petition spent creating it.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The issue is that the quality has been dropping drastically over the last few seasons. Surely you have felt the writing going downhill?

In terms of petitions like this, they are stupid as hell and people write articles about them just to get clicks. I can find you wayyyyyy dumber petitions than this. They just aren't worth talking about.
The quality has dropped in terms of writing, yes. I acknowledged that it's got pretty huge flaws. But I'm still enjoying it immensely for what it is.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I wonder what HBO is thinking of this shit storm, seeing as they want to continue with the IP.
giphy.gif

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Superfans are fucking trash. It's hilarious that their delusional as fuck minds would think a petition like this has any chance of being considered by who they're intending it for.

There are real world problems for these losers to give a fuck about.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
This is taking it way too far. I hate the fuck out of this season, but this petition is just whiny bullshit.

That said, I wouldn't mind a Game of Thrones: Brotherhood after the manga has caught up

Oct 27, 2017
Superfans are fucking trash. It's hilarious that their delusional as fuck minds would think a petition like this has any chance of being considered by who they're intending it for.

There are real world problems for these losers to give a fuck about.

Not that I don't agree w you, in that I doubt it'll ever lead to anything. But what makes you think these are people who can't care about both real world problems and complain about a show they like? Are people super one-dimensional?

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I would say going to the length of making or signing a petition just to throw a fuck you to the show writers because you didn't enjoy their work is pretty immature and sad, yeah.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Petition is obviously a joke but I think there is a real conversation to be had about this season hurting the IP in the long run.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Not that I don't agree w you, in that I doubt it'll ever lead to anything. But what makes you think these are people who can't care about both real world problems and complain about a show they like? Are people super one-dimensional?
They really are. How many people here that complain about societal issues actually volunteer for or donate to local causes? Things that actually help make a difference as opposed to creating useless online petitions or complaining online.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty shortsighted view, I doubt they're that naive (I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not)

I'm literally repeating the last headline about viewership. I think everything is crazy rushed but the people signing this petition are barking up a lonely tree.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Just wait for the inevitable second adaption. Wouldn't be surprised if Amazon is already got their sights on it. Books might even be finished by the time that one reaches the end.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Well good to know we've reached the pinnacle of pathetic fan reactions on this one. Can't wait to see how it gets topped following this week's episode...

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They would be better off starting a gofundme to get GRRM a life coach so he can finish writing the books and provide a satisfying ending before he dies.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
i don't think alot of people were really mad about the direction (Mad Dany, Arya stabbing night king, etc) the show is going...the backlash is about the execution. The payoff doesn't yield much satisfaction due to either the lack of reasonable build up or just out of the blue development (Euron Greyjoy fight with Jamie...who came up with this?)

This season felt rush through and through as if they are trying to get to the finish line by checking a list of checkbox with very effort put in the nuances of how the pieces came together.

Why is it 6 episodes? Clearly HBO wanted more episodes and more seasons, not less so budget and the lack of will from the network is clearly not the reason.

The only blame can be laid on the main writers and showrunner, D&D, for seemingly wanting to get off the GoT train ASAP for whatever reasons only they knew (the rumor of them wanting to go to disney to do the star wars thing thus the rush notwithstanding).