• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can somebody PM a brief summary about why everybody hated the last GoT episode?

I only watched S1 and gave up on it but I'm curious.
They destroyed two main characters. One that has been a good person, wants rid the world of tyrants and end slavery, goes from saving innocent people and risking her life to save Westeros from the undead, to killing children and destroying an entire city because she hears bells, in the span of two episodes. The other is man that starts bad and spends the whole series trying to redeem himself, only to end up right where he began as the same exact person.

The final episode entire plot has leaked and it is the biggest steaming pile of shit to end a series that will go down as arguely one of the worst endings of all time. Dont believe me? Go look at the open spoilers thread.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
They destroyed two main characters. One that has been a good person, wants rid the world of tyrants and end slavery, goes from saving innocent people and risking her life to save Westeros from the undead, to killing children and destroying an entire city because she hears bells, in the span of two episodes. The other is man that starts bad and spends the whole series trying to redeem himself, only to end up right where he began as the same exact person.

The final episode entire plot has leaked and it is the biggest steaming pile of shit to end a series that will go down as arguely one of the worst endings of all time. Dont believe me? Go look at the open spoilers thread.
Dany is not a good person.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018

Dany is not a good person.

May 15, 2019
This is going rather far. Would I rather prefer a 10 episode season 7 and 8, with possibly going into 9? Absolutely, but I believe they've still done a good job with the show.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
If you think they're angry and disappointed now, just wait until they all see the next episode. LOL, they haven't seen anything yet.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah this is why I ended up not getting into Game of Thrones. With the showrunners having a serious risk of fucking shit up, and the last two books MIA, it's not like there's a clear path as to get a definitive conclusion. I'd rather not get that invested into such a large a series as GoT if the actual conclusion and leadup is completely up in the air.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Read the final episode plot in the leaks thread and then comeback here.
The finale seems perfectly fitting for this world, I wish like hell the last two seasons had been done better, and I'm sure the execution of the finale will be just as rushed but ultimately what occurs is completely befitting the series.

Either way, as someone with a Dany avatar, I feel you, I wish it had been done better but the broad strokes of it fit the series better than any cliche happy ending would have.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Did people just forget how terrible season 7 was? Because it was worse than season 8 has been. Regardless, fuck fans.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
While the writing has been really bad for a while, there is no way that the books will end up in a different place regarding the character that triggered this response. That's where
Daenerys
has always been heading. If the books get written, we will get that story told in a much better way.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I'm a Dany fan and disappointed at what they've done to her just let it go. HBO isn't going to do this. Wait until the eventually reboot.

Nov 11, 2017

'Because she hears bells' ... huh? It was too fast but there were still hints across 2 seasons it was in progress.

And get outta here with the plot leak spoilers crap. The show has always been about being watercooler talk... it never had incredible writig and to turn on it now seems so foolish.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I'd absolutely love a Game of Thrones: Brotherhood in like 10 years when GRRM has finally finished the books and the stain of D&D's shitty writing has faded away but yikes at this reaction. Way too many over entitled babies out there.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
While the writing has been really bad for a while, there is no way that the books will end up in a different place regarding the character that triggered this response. That's where
Daenerys
has always been heading. If the books get written, we will get that story told in a much better way.

Nah. I'm thinking...

Young Griff

Will be the one who goes crazy and starts killing innocent civilians. He's already invaded well ahead of Daenerys.

Rose Red

Oct 26, 2017
People got their minds blown by the one 'twist' that was actually long time coming and the only thing that made sense this reason.

Naturally.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
Nah. I'm thinking...

Young Griff

Will be the one who goes crazy and starts killing innocent civilians. He's already invaded well ahead of Daenerys.
I don't see that at all.
Young Griff is an invader for sure but is going to be somewhat charismatic and charming. He already has the support of Dorne, has Varys and Illyrio backing him up. He's going to have a temper but he's going to be the "perfect" king (if he makes it that far)—then Dany is now going to become the usurper, the one who is determined to take what she believes is her birthright with fire and blood. Dany's full-fledged madness will come shortly after.

Sep 28, 2018
The show is far more damaged than what people are saying happened with Daenerys. By far.

I'm not sure what the answer is. An anime seems like too much work, a reboot without the finished book material is unspeakable. I reckon we just need to find another huge fictional fantasy universe to get TV adapted. Like Wheel of Time or Malazan.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I always find this sort of thing really silly, because there's no way in hell it's ever happening, and then it undermines the legitimate criticisms with the show by sounding petulant. At any rate, the show's had major problems since post-S4, that ain't getting fixed in a season. Considering the plot and character mangling that went on with the storylines of Cat/Stannis, and the lack of fAgeon and the storylines that converge around him, we might as well wait for a remake. Someday.

Dudes just wait ten years and make Game of Thrones: Brotherhood with the proper manga ending.

...Okay it'll be more like thirty years.

The Game of Thrones: Brotherhood meme is so perfect. Hopefully we'll get it someday!

Oh, god, if we do, it will indeed probably be thirty years away. fucccccccccccccccckkkkkk

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
in my day we just accepted shitty endings and moved on. EWOKS.

Speak for yourself. Even at age ten, and watching Return of the Jedi for the first time I thought they were absolutely out of place and stupid. Especially since The Care Bears were hitting their peak at that point. That movie will forever be remembered as The Care Bears Defeat the Empire, just like The Phantom Menace is Disney Kid Accidentally Saves the Day. As bad as I thought they were, what retroactively made it worse was the fact that they were originally intended to be wookies instead.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Nah. I'm thinking...

Young Griff

Nah.

Assuming the book will still end with Crazy Dany burning King's Landing, i think Young Griff might take the throne in Winds, be a good king, participate in the fight against the zombies, and tell Dany to fuck off when she ask him to give her the throne once the dead are dealt with. Prompting her to burn the city as a response because she could not accept that.

Sep 28, 2018
The Game of Thrones: Brotherhood meme is so perfect. Hopefully we'll get it someday!

Oh, god, if we do, it will indeed probably be thirty years away. fucccccccccccccccckkkkkk

FMA:B was able to skirt what the original anime covered in a mere 13 twenty minute episodes. Asking GOT to do recreate s1-s4 before continuing to a faithful adaptation sounds insanely unrealistic. And I'm with you. I feel post S4 we are missing half or more of the ASOIAF plot.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get this, episode 5 was the first good episode and finaly felt like GoT again.

You might want to go back and rewatch the series from the beginning if you had not done that in a while. It felt nothing at all like Game of Thrones, unless it was meant to be a special episode co-written and co-directed by Michael Bay and Rian Johnson.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
I'm surprised that people didn't realized that D&D aren't good writters only now.

I mean, look at the whole stuff they did with the Greyjoys. Better: Look what they did with the Night's King, they picked an legend from the age of the heroes, completely misrepresented it and basically wasted it in the most stupid way possible.

This petition is a completely joke because the whole work of the series relies on the Martin's mind, and not in a vision that some producers of TV had over the past works of Martin. Also, expect a happy ending from Martin isn't expecting something realistic - it's being optimistic at best, and being naive at worst.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised that people didn't realized that D&D aren't good writters only now.

I mean, look at the whole stuff they did with the Greyjoys. Better: Look what they did with the Night's King, they picked an legend from the age of the heroes, completely misrepresented it and basically wasted it in the most stupid way possible.

This petition is a completely joke because the whole work of the series relies on the Martin's mind, and not in a vision that some producers of TV had over the past works of Martin. Also, expect a happy ending from Martin isn't expecting something realistic - it's being optimistic at best, and being naive at worst.

Not to completely dismiss your point, but I doubt the majority that watch the show actually care how faithful it is to the source. Most people just want consistent storytelling and consistent rules and logic; which the series had mostly through six seasons, then consistency and logic face-planted off the Red Keep. The funny thing is, as absurd as the last season was, it was still way better than this. Like what the fuck actually happened; did they spend two years trying to get every shot perfect, while they only spent a baked weekend on the actual script?

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
htokjnj5aev21.gif

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Why even create a petition for this? Why would any studio remake a movie or show from fan backlash right away? Anyways, there's petitions for everything these days. It loses weight or value when it's overdone.