• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Critics criticize and make their opinions known because it's their job, and their platform is specifically for entertainment and doesn't overlap with a platform that is supposed to be used for political activism.

I meant in general. Not only the fans are upset about this. Because reading some of the comments in this thread, it's like fans are just angry because of Dany and not the bad writing.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
What are you trying to get at? That remakes shouldn't be allowed? Like there somehow isn't a million remakes every year? Also don't know how Ben Shapiro is related to this, but fuck him.
Relax it was a joke. I'm poking fun at how impossible your statement was, this season is not going to be remade unless the entire show does years from now.

Modern remakes aren't a result of whiny ass fan petitions.

SodapopVII

Oct 27, 2017
This is embarrassing. It's entertainment, worry about something that actually matters.

95% of people are not tearing their hair out over this show... it's just a silly petition that the creator almost assuredly knew was going to go ignored. The only thing that's embarrassing is people complaining about it. Is it so hard to see some people might be very passionate about Game of Thrones and feel disappointed enough to want to let the TV network know they should have done better?

Jaime.GGG

Oct 27, 2017
Because he's one of the best characters in the books and one of the worst in the show. they fucked him
I haven't read the books. I hated Stannins because he murdered his brother, fucked the red woman and kept his daughter locked in a tower. Are any of those things different in the books?

Jun 26, 2018
Relax it was a joke. I'm poking fun at how impossible your statement was, this season is not going to be remade unless the entire show does years from now.

Modern remakes aren't a result of whiny ass fan petitions.

That's certainly a way to make a bad impression on someone then.

I literally didn't say that it was going to happen, so why are you poking fun at me?

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
95% of people are not tearing their hair out over this show... it's just a silly petition that the creator almost assuredly knew was going to go ignored. The only thing that's embarrassing is people complaining about it. Is it so hard to see some people might be very passionate about Game of Thrones and feel disappointed enough to want to let the TV network know they should have done better?

There's more than enough negative attention on this show right now for HBO to get the message. This petition is pointless.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dany stans are shook I tell you, shook! The meltdowns are hilarious to say the least.
Goddamn I hate idiotic shit takes like this. This isn't a bunch of Dany stans, it's stans of good writing and people who hate the rushed and botched ways that D & D have rushed to just hit GRRM's outline points without the story beats to earn that ending.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I haven't read the books. I hated Stannins because he murdered his brother, fucked the red woman and kept his daughter locked in a tower. Are any of those things different in the books?
His daughter isn't locked in a tower and she wanders around with a fool who was returned to life by the drowned god and he predicts most of the major events of the series before they happen. You never see him fuck the red women on screen, but it's implied he did. And yeah he rightfully killed his brother who rose up against him. He also saved the nights watch from complete destruction at the wall. He is the king that cared

Oct 29, 2017
Goddamn I hate idiot shit takes like this. This isn't a bunch of Dany stans, it's stans of good writing and the rushed and botched ways that D & D have rushed to just hit GRRM's outline points without the story beats to earn that ending. But to be honest, an idiotic post like this lets me know that you've likely one of those people who watch the show and have no idea what half the characters names even are.
Jesus, don't be so rude to people. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean they're an idiot or don't actually like the show. It makes you seem like the idiot, not them.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
The last episode pissed me off, but I'm shaking my head at these petitions. How many millions of dollars did these epiusodes cost? No one is rerunning the entire 8th season.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, don't be so rude to people. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean they're an idiot or don't actually like the show. It makes you seem like the idiot, not them.
I edited to take out some of the vitriol. However, I don't care if he has a different opinion, I care that all he can manage is a shit post ignoring all legit criticism and just playing like "Dany stans" are the people who haven't enjoyed this season.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Easily crossed half mill, sitting at 512K
The last episode pissed me off, but I'm shaking my head at these petitions. How many millions of dollars did these epiusodes cost? No one is rerunning the entire 8th season.
I think the whole season cost like 80M?

They're not spending another 80M to satisfy some unhappy fans when they can just be spending it on.. anything else, like a new GoT show.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Danys has been a one note character for awhile. Her heel turn was telegraphed, just not well considered in the episode itself.

This reaction/petition is incredibly embarrassing.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Danys has been a one note character for awhile. Her heel turn was telegraphed, just not well considered in the episode itself.

This reaction/petition is incredibly embarrassing.
agreed.

Goddamn I hate idiotic shit takes like this. This isn't a bunch of Dany stans, it's stans of good writing and people who hate the rushed and botched ways that D & D have rushed to just hit GRRM's outline points without the story beats to earn that ending.
look on the bright side: that wasn't the ending.

Oct 29, 2017
I edited to take out some of the vitriol. However, I don't care if he has a different opinion, I care that all he can manage is a shit post ignoring all legit criticism and just playing like "Dany stans" are the people who haven't enjoyed this season.
A lot of people are upset about the Dany situation. I get that you're annoyed about the generalisation but if you look elsewhere and - in some cases here - it's understandable why he'd draw that conclusion.

The writing and general pacing has been fucking awful this season but I do think that whilst people like you and many others would be voicing their opinions there'd be a lot less people if Dany didn't got all mad in the last episode and a lot of the discussion has centered around that.

Episode 4, from a pure writing, logic and plot standpoint was far, far more egregious than the last one.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people are upset about the Dany situation. I get that you're annoyed about the generalisation but if you look elsewhere and - in some cases here - it's understandable why he'd draw that conclusion.

The writing and general pacing has been fucking awful this season but I do think that whilst people like you and many others would be voicing their opinions there'd be a lot less people if Dany didn't got all mad in the last episode and a lot of the discussion has centered around that.

Episode 4, from a pure writing, logic and plot standpoint was far, far more egregious than the last one.
I'm sure there are a lot of people who are upset that their favorite character murdered half a million people, for sure. I think the finishing point in the books will be pretty similar, but the journey will be so much better that I think people will be much more accepting of where we end up. It's just that nothing feels earned on the show anymore.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure there are a lot of people who are upset that their favorite character murdered half a million people, for sure. I think the finishing point in the books will be pretty similar, but the journey will be so much better that I think people will be much more accepting of where we end up. It's just that nothing feels earned on the show anymore.
Hundred percent agreed.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
500k signatures yeesh

giphy.gif

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think anyone really expects this season to be remade, at least no one sane.

I just hope the petition gets enough heat on D&D to get them off Star wars lol.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
It's just a powerful jab at a show that has gone to shit. No one thinks HBO will do the season again. I gotta say though I'm pretty shocked at the amount of signatures. The best case scenario here is that the writers may be listening to critics and will take the lessons learned and make a better SW trilogy because of them.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I think HBO will be pretty annoyed about all this. Not so much for this show but the next one. Lasting damage could be done to the franchise. Totally deserved though.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is embarrassing. It's entertainment, worry about something that actually matters.

why not both?

it's kind of crazy how people are so quick to discredit others

I think HBO will be pretty annoyed about all this. Not so much for this show but the next one. Lasting damage could be done to the franchise. Totally deserved though.

I'm thrilled at the notion that they'll see this. I'm not living in a fantasy where they'll "remake the season" but they'll remember this and will treat their stories with more care in the future.

still hyped af for the prequels

I love the idea that some people believe they are entitled to have the show fit their headcanon
Uh huh and Gamergate was really about ethics in journalism and Battlefield V was really about historical accuracy.

wow, because it's impossible for people to be genuinely upset the show had become a disaster? I guess all of the critics are wrong and it's just those fuckin nerds on the internet again!

nah lets forget about magic missiles being shot from boats and poorly rushed plotlines, but sure, entitlement I guess.

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I cant wait to see the reaction next week, if D&D really shit on Dany, it'll be worth it for the continued internet outrage.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Knowing nothing about spoilers, I fully expect this petition to be hammered again, come Sunday. No chance it doesn't exceed 1 million signatures.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
It's just a powerful jab at a show that has gone to shit. No one thinks HBO will do the season again. I gotta say though I'm pretty shocked at the amount of signatures. The best case scenario here is that the writers may be listening to critics and will take the lessons learned and make a better SW trilogy because of them.
That would be the best case scenario assuming D&D read the comments.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Are you two really so upset about people not liking thing that you're wiling to compare this to alt-right schlock like gamergate?

Good lord. Nobody is comparing it to alt-right bullshit, where are you getting that? The point is that people often dress up their real complaints with fake shit to make it seem less like they're just whining and entitled and more that there's some serious, fundamental and objective flaw that needs to be addressed. I used a few examples I knew everyone here would be familiar with.

I don't really give a shit if you don't like the show, and why should I? I don't know you, and you don't know me. We're all allowed to like or dislike whatever the hell we want. Too many people, however, think they are entitled to what they consume, that it's their property and not the work and art of other people, which they are merely consuming.

Nobody wants to say they hate The Last Jedi because they really wanted Luke to go Super Jedi Saiyan and destroy the First Order or whatever, and they don't want to admit that they hate Thrones now because Dany took the VERY obvious turn they've been telegraphing for eight fucking years, so instead this place gets 900 threads per day of people griping about how shit is "unearned" or "sloppy" followed by a bunch of hyperbolic nonsense about how everything is ruined and the worst fucking thing ever in a million billion years. You guys are falling all over yourselves to let everyone know just how displeased you are. It's ridiculous.

As Ian McShane once said when people just like y'all threw hissy fits because he accidentally spoiled something in season 6, "For fuck's sake, it's just tits and dragons".

Bummer you didn't like the final season. Sometimes things don't work out like you want them to. Get the fuck over it. Just because you became invested in a show doesn't mean the creators are required to cater to your fucking headcanon.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Relax, I just thought that was a funny and interesting perspective. I'm really not upset at anything :)

You're right. Its easy to see you're not upset about this.

Good lord. Nobody is comparing it to alt-right bullshit, where are you getting that? The point is that people often dress up their real complaints with fake shit to make it seem less like they're just whining and entitled and more that there's some serious, fundamental and objective flaw that needs to be addressed. I used a few examples I knew everyone here would be familiar with.

I don't really give a shit if you don't like the show, and why should I? I don't know you, and you don't know me. We're all allowed to like or dislike whatever the hell we want. Too many people, however, think they are entitled to what they consume, that it's their property and not the work and art of other people, which they are merely consuming.

Nobody wants to say they hate The Last Jedi because they really wanted Luke to go Super Jedi Saiyan and destroy the First Order or whatever, and they don't want to admit that they hate Thrones now because Dany took the VERY obvious turn they've been telegraphing for eight fucking years, so instead this place gets 900 threads per day of people griping about how shit is "unearned" or "sloppy" followed by a bunch of hyperbolic nonsense about how everything is ruined and the worst fucking thing ever in a million billion years. You guys are falling all over yourselves to let everyone know just how displeased you are. It's ridiculous.

As Ian McShane once said when people just like y'all threw hissy fits because he accidentally spoiled something in season 6, "For fuck's sake, it's just tits and dragons".

Bummer you didn't like the final season. Sometimes things don't work out like you want them to. Get the fuck over it. Just because you became invested in a show doesn't mean the creators are required to cater to your fucking headcanon.

Hey man, you're the one who mentioned gamergate out of nowhere.

In any case you seem to be very sure of what other people are thinking.

Theory

Oct 27, 2017

You might think are doing a good job of pointing out a problem here but you, sir, are part of a much larger problem.

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It was my fault for assuming that people would understand the analogy that what we say things are about aren't really what they're actually about, and not just reflexively kneejerk at the sight of the word Gamergate, you're right. My apologies.

Good because that was one dumbass analogy.

Apology accepted.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bio said:
Good lord. Nobody is comparing it to alt-right bullshit
Bio said:
Uh huh and Gamergate was really about ethics in journalism and Battlefield V was really about historical accuracy.

It was my fault for assuming that people would understand the analogy that, sometimes, what we say things are about aren't really what they're actually about, and not just reflexively kneejerk at the sight of the word Gamergate, you're right. My apologies.

nah you clearly chose two similar situations to attempt to discredit how people feel (or was it just coincidental that both of your charming analogies are alt-right topics)

Bio said:
now because Dany took the VERY obvious turn they've been telegraphing for eight fucking years, so instead this place gets 900 threads per day of people griping about how shit is "unearned" or "sloppy" followed by a bunch of hyperbolic nonsense about how everything is ruined and the worst fucking thing ever in a million billion years. You guys are falling all over yourselves to let everyone know just how displeased you are. It's ridiculous.

lmao and way to cherry pick one item that is problematic for people ... and I haven't heard anyone say that they didn't see this coming. the seeds of the mad queen were sown in season fucking one. she literally walks through the red keep in season 2 covered in ash. I think everyone has a problem that they slowly developed the plot and then jumped immediately to it's conclusion to finish the series... as we have seen with virtually every other plotline