• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll who think this is embarrassing don't get it.

Not being happy with the show's ending and writing this doesn't mean you can't worry about more important stuff in life, and it doesn't mean people's lives are ruined. Everyone will be fine, we know. That petition is barely taking more time to sign than to complain about the petition in this thread. So, nonsense argument.

Yes it's just entertainment, and it's fine if you just view it as something fun you just watch, keep on enjoying it. But let's be honest, this show is a cultural phenomenon, everyone and their grandma watches it, people were speculation and theorising like crazy, it was amazing... for almost a decade, and then to have it all end as a fart in the wind, it kind of hurts and it's fine to feel that way.

D&D absolutely took a dump on their fanbase and this is a way for people to show they're not happy with it.

I don't think there is a chance in hell that we're going to get a remade S8, but maybe this will send a message to HBO that next time they should handle a situation like this differently. If show runners want to move on to something else, let them go and find new ones. It was a horrible mistake to keep D&D working on this.

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
lmao people are still signing this fucking thing? I'm glad I'm one of the few who really like this season so far. They will never remake season 8. Never gonna happen. What a colossal waste of time and energy lol

Oct 27, 2017
If people (and critics based on rotten tomatoes) had cared this much about the shit writing years ago maybe we wouldn't be in this boat. But now it's just funny.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017

Not being happy with the show's ending and writing this doesn't mean you can't worry about more important stuff in life, and it doesn't mean people's lives are ruined. Everyone will be fine, we know. That petition is barely taking more time to sign than to complain about the petition in this thread. So, nonsense argument.

Yes it's just entertainment, and it's fine if you just view it as something fun you just watch, keep on enjoying it. But let's be honest, this show is a cultural phenomenon, everyone and their grandma watches it, people were speculation and theorising like crazy, it was amazing... for almost a decade, and then to have it all end as a fart in the wind, it kind of hurts and it's fine to feel that way.

D&D absolutely took a dump on their fanbase and this is a way for people to show they're not happy with it.

I don't think there is a chance in hell that we're going to get a remade S8, but maybe this will send a message to HBO that next time they should handle a situation like this differently. If show runners want to move on to something else, let them go and find new ones. It was a horrible mistake to keep D&D working on this.
Petitions made over entertainment are a mockery of the concept.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Go the homestuck epilogue route and let people choose whether they want to watch the meaty depressing ending or the sweet one where everybody is happy

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
lmao people are still signing this fucking thing? I'm glad I'm one of the few who really like this season so far. They will never remake season 8. Never gonna happen. What a colossal waste of time and energy lol

Waste of time and energy? It literally took 5 seconds - I didn't even walk a half a city block doing it.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
nah you clearly chose two similar situations to attempt to discredit how people feel (or was it just coincidental that both of your charming analogies are alt-right topics)

It's only similar in that they're all about people who feel entitled to their entertainment being very specifically tailored to them, and in every case they try to mask it by saying it's really about something more important. I really didn't think that was too difficult to grasp, but then again I don't post here that often.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season 8 is fine. Anyone who didn't see certain things going this way isn't paying attention.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
If people (and critics based on rotten tomatoes) had cared this much about the shit writing years ago maybe we wouldn't be in this boat. But now it's just funny.

A-fucking-men to this post.

and whoever else admitted to liking season 8 short of episode 4 kudos to you. I'm the same wtf were people expecting with 6 episodes even with extra run time there's only so much you can do with an hour of tv in a universe like GOT.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

because it smacks of peak consumerism and privilege. Of majoring in the minor-est of minors. Of a failure to understand how anything works.

Oct 25, 2017
If The Winds of Winter let alone A Dream of Spring ever release, then I'd love to see animated adaptions (several seasons). That's a lot to ask for and probably will never happen, but it doesn't hurt to wish.

These change.org petitions usually don't amount to anything, but it only takes a few seconds to sign them.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The petition is about remaking it but in reality it's really about getting as much news coverage as possible so HBO knows

tenor.gif

With prequels on the way and subscribers on the line you got to come correct and they didn't. The answer to D&D turning down additional episodes should have been a huge clue to them.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The petition is about remaking it but in reality it's really about getting as much news coverage as possible so HBO knows

tenor.gif

With prequels on the way and subscribers on the line you got to come correct and they didn't. The answer to D&D turning down additional episodes should have been a huge clue to them.

Yeah I'm curious if HBO (or AT&T rather) is concerned for their IP considering it will be the foundation of the new steaming service.

Dec 13, 2017
I don't think anyone reasonably expects a do-over, but it could humiliate D&D and possibly send a message to Disney about how they ended this franchise. Trevorrow got taken off the job after a film flopped and he drew bad press, Sonic is getting redesigned due to fan backlash. If HBO see this outpouring, they could demand more control over how the prequel series are run and won't give full authority to the show runners. I think the big mistake here was that you had HBO willing to go as long as possible and give more money to make sure the series would end successfully, but banked on the word of their writers that they could get it done. This is just one of the many ways to illustrate that they in fact did not get it done.

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought it was some mockery fun, but 600000+ now making it funnier.

Many really piss on this shit show huh?

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

tenor.gif

This. I wish people would really stop pretending that they truly believe that people think a remake would happen.

Deleted member 5127

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Petitions made over entertainment are a mockery of the concept.

Perhaps, but that's up to personal opinions. I don't think it does.

because it smacks of peak consumerism and privilege. Of majoring in the minor-est of minors. Of a failure to understand how anything works.

Further illustrating that you don't get it, this is about letting HBO know about the disappointment. They are going to keep handling the IP with spin offs and people don't want a repeat obviously.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Let fuck ups happen and criticize them appropriately. I think it's terrible that Sonic is getting redesigned after so much negative reactions. Now the movie might just be boring bad instead of incredibly bad.

Game of Thrones S8 shitting the bed is the same

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
No signs of slowing down. Gunna be 650K soon, probably 750-800K by tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if it hit 1M before the finale

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good lord. Nobody is comparing it to alt-right bullshit, where are you getting that? The point is that people often dress up their real complaints with fake shit to make it seem less like they're just whining and entitled and more that there's some serious, fundamental and objective flaw that needs to be addressed. I used a few examples I knew everyone here would be familiar with.

I don't really give a shit if you don't like the show, and why should I? I don't know you, and you don't know me. We're all allowed to like or dislike whatever the hell we want. Too many people, however, think they are entitled to what they consume, that it's their property and not the work and art of other people, which they are merely consuming.

Nobody wants to say they hate The Last Jedi because they really wanted Luke to go Super Jedi Saiyan and destroy the First Order or whatever, and they don't want to admit that they hate Thrones now because Dany took the VERY obvious turn they've been telegraphing for eight fucking years, so instead this place gets 900 threads per day of people griping about how shit is "unearned" or "sloppy" followed by a bunch of hyperbolic nonsense about how everything is ruined and the worst fucking thing ever in a million billion years. You guys are falling all over yourselves to let everyone know just how displeased you are. It's ridiculous.

As Ian McShane once said when people just like y'all threw hissy fits because he accidentally spoiled something in season 6, "For fuck's sake, it's just tits and dragons".

Bummer you didn't like the final season. Sometimes things don't work out like you want them to. Get the fuck over it. Just because you became invested in a show doesn't mean the creators are required to cater to your fucking headcanon.
What a load of horse shit. Good for you knowing what everyone really thinks. I'll try, you're salty about people pointing out the flaws in your beloved show and you're pretending you just don't like the entitlement of people and their entertainment. This is fun. Well, as you would say. Get the fuck over it.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Good lord. Nobody is comparing it to alt-right bullshit, where are you getting that? The point is that people often dress up their real complaints with fake shit to make it seem less like they're just whining and entitled and more that there's some serious, fundamental and objective flaw that needs to be addressed. I used a few examples I knew everyone here would be familiar with.

I don't really give a shit if you don't like the show, and why should I? I don't know you, and you don't know me. We're all allowed to like or dislike whatever the hell we want. Too many people, however, think they are entitled to what they consume, that it's their property and not the work and art of other people, which they are merely consuming.

Nobody wants to say they hate The Last Jedi because they really wanted Luke to go Super Jedi Saiyan and destroy the First Order or whatever, and they don't want to admit that they hate Thrones now because Dany took the VERY obvious turn they've been telegraphing for eight fucking years, so instead this place gets 900 threads per day of people griping about how shit is "unearned" or "sloppy" followed by a bunch of hyperbolic nonsense about how everything is ruined and the worst fucking thing ever in a million billion years. You guys are falling all over yourselves to let everyone know just how displeased you are. It's ridiculous.

As Ian McShane once said when people just like y'all threw hissy fits because he accidentally spoiled something in season 6, "For fuck's sake, it's just tits and dragons".

Bummer you didn't like the final season. Sometimes things don't work out like you want them to. Get the fuck over it. Just because you became invested in a show doesn't mean the creators are required to cater to your fucking headcanon.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
What a load of horse shit. Good for you knowing what everyone really thinks. I'll try, you're salty about people pointing out the flaws in your beloved show and you're pretending you just don't like the entitlement of people and their entertainment. This is fun. Well, as you would say. Get the fuck over it.

Nah I know the show has lots of flaws, I just don't spend all day every day up my own butthole about it.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
The show is what it is, deal with it, its not a fucking video game where you can patch things out. I feel sorry for ppl invested in this sorta shit so much they need to sign petitions and review bomb. Discuss the show, have your opinion and move on, no ones gonna care bout this shit in a few years anyways.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The show is what it is, deal with it, its not a fucking video game where you can patch things out. I feel sorry for ppl invested in this sorta shit so much they need to sign petitions and review bomb. Discuss the show, have your opinion and move on, no ones gonna care bout this shit in a few years anyways.
Biggest show ever and no one is going to care years from now. People still complain about LOST, I'll have what you're drinking.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

Dude. Read the thread and the tone of the people passing it around. I refuse to believe anyone thinks it will happen. It's entirely about the optics and shaming D&D.

Deleted member 5127

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd honestly would be totally down for them making an alternative ending with these visuals, even if it's not the original actors voicing them.