• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
6jIq2Uo.jpg
If that means it runs out before Chernobyl ends you're just playing yourself.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah it's rushed and everything being wrapped up pretty simple and unsurprising. But these partitions are dumb.

I don't see the problem overall with dany either, makes sense, but maybe needed a bit more time for the full turn.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I don't know that someone taking less than a minute to sign a petition is necessarily being "riled up".
That just makes the whole thing seem even more moot, if it takes so little effort. And in any case, these are people taking time out of their day to sign a petition and write a statement. Less than a minute is downplaying that fact.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
If they ever do remake the last two seasons I hope it's only after the remaining books are out so it can be a proper adaptation. From the sound of it Martin's pretty far into TWOW to the point that a release in the next couple years isn't too unlikely. Replace season seven with that. Then hopefully it won't take longer than five or six years to finish the last book. Remake season 8 as an adaptation of it. Full ten episode seasons (or longer). Splice with existing footage as needed. Assuming cast and crew are alive and well there's like a ten year window to make it happen. Hey, Lord of the Rings has extended cuts, The Hobbit was bloated with lots of material that wasn't even in the book and retcons are more common than ever now so it's not like a project like this would be out of the realm of possibility. But I would only care IF the reshot seasons were proper adaptations of the upcoming books.

Last edited:

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
That just makes the whole thing seem even more moot, if it takes so little effort. And in any case, these are people taking time out of their day to sign a petition and write a statement. Less than a minute is downplaying that fact.
If you admit it seems moot and takes little effort, then downplaying it rather than framing it as people being riled up seems to be the proper response, right?

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate season 8, but this type of shit is just too much. People need to not get so invested in fiction. They should focus more on fixing real life than fixing a TV show.

My life is fine, I just want to shat on some creators for fun.

I mean, almost everyone that put the name on this stupid petition know HBO not gonna remake anything.

ps. I didn't sign, the show was shit since season 5. (laugh while rolling)

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
If you admit it seems moot and takes little effort, then downplaying it rather than framing it as people being riled up seems to be the proper response, right?
Only if we assume people are just doing it for kicks and not because they're actually upset, which also renders it moot and not worth much.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
So what's happening with this? Last I heard it had over 1 million signatures. Has this endeavour been given any follow up, was HBO officially contacted? Was this whole thing just hot air?

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
anyone talk about the actors contracts, location, companies and everything else that goes into shooting these episodes? and if hbo can force them to redo months of filming because 1+million people said so?

i highly doubt many of the actors would drop whatever they have next to reshoot a whole season, they are probably on new contracts. they have a life too.
anyway, this is entertaining none the less lol

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
It was never about actually getting HBO to redo the season — that isn't feasible. It's just a message of negative PR for them and D&D.

Even if those starting it never really believed HBO would redo the season, it's still a petition. There isn't any real message sent yet, and it didn't generate enough bad PR to do any difference. Not even with the handful of articles written about it. Most people already forgot. For it to have any real meaning, the petition needs to be officially sent to HBO. If not, this really amount to nothing, and the whole thing ends up being really childish.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Imagine believing HBO would actually do something.

The checks have already been cashed, I can assure you: They give zero fucks about anyone's petition.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Well, as I said above, the usual next step for any petition is to officially submit it to the people/organization it concerns. There really is no message sent to anyone otherwise, and this whole thing would indeed be very pointless.

The message of dissatisfaction has been received loud and clear by all parties, I'm sure. There's little HBO can do now, though, beyond shelving Confederate (which they've confirmed is on the back burner).

Perhaps this will cause Disney to rein in D&D's input on Star Wars — who knows. Its impact is unknowable right now, and probably forever if you require official statements, which won't happen.