• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't usually follow these kinds of things, but I am huge GoT fan and they seem like pretty great people in real life. Also a little good news these days never hurts.

Game of Thrones actor Rose Leslie has arrived at the church where she is marrying her former co-star Kit Harington.

She was accompanied by her father as she arrived at Rayne church in Kirkton of Rayne, Aberdeenshire, wearing a flowing ivory gown and veil. Stepping out of the car, she smiled at the crowd gathered outside the venue and said "Hello everyone".

Harington, wearing a morning suit, arrived earlier on Saturday afternoon. Guests at the wedding include Game of Thrones stars Peter Dinklage, Maisie Williams, Sophie Turner and Emilia Clarke.

The couple, both aged 31, met in 2012 when they played on-screen lovers Jon Snow and Ygritte in the TV drama. They are celebrating at Leslie's 12th-century family castle in Scotland. Fans of the series have been gathering outside Wardhill Castle in Aberdeenshire hoping to catch a glimpse of the couple.

Speaking outside the castle, Leslie's father, Sebastian, said: "We are absolutely thrilled for Kit and Rose to be marrying today." The local councillor added: "It's an absolutely lovely day for us.

"It's a great day for Aberdeenshire. We are using local caterers, local lighting, local flowers."

Two years after they met, Leslie left Game of Thrones, while Harington has become one of the show's most popular stars, having appeared in every episode.

Two students from China, currently studying in Glasgow and clutching floral bouquets for the stars, were among the fans who gathered at the venue. Yunyao Li and Qiong dan Xu, both 23, said they are fans of Harington's alter-ego. "We would like to see him if possible," they said.

A wedding date of 23 June was previously posted at Aberdeenshire's Huntly register office.

The stars announced their engagement in the Times newspaper last year.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...ngton-rose-leslie-game-of-thrones-stars-marry

Bride and Groom

DgYzCfbWsAEvvHM.jpg

DgYzDICW0AYhTTI.jpg

DgY94fiUwAE7zEN.jpg

Some of the cast that attended

DgY659-XUAAVdvn.jpg

DgY67TqWsAEK39N.jpg

DgY68CGWAAEHDkV.jpg

DgZC5xlW0AADg21.jpg

DgY68w_W4AEQHWH.jpg

http://i./i/newpix/2018/06/23/18/4D8F485700000578-5877025-image-a-27_1529776454910.jpg

Last edited:

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm still mad she died. Super glad to hear they're a real couple. They had good chemistry.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Happy for them.

Hopefully Kit manages to find a decent gig after Thrones.

Wish I saw more of them. Found Rose starring in a weird scifi flick on netflix but thats about it.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sophie going for non wedding attire, lol. Don't upstage the bride.

Pretty cool that all the actors turned up.

Clarke in Scotland. I knew it was nicer today.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I hope "Wildling!" was their first song as a married couple.