• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't you worried about a kill mechanic to do with religion?
I'm struggling between claiming so I can post fun gifs of my character and preserving my identity. It's hard.

Can we play who would you check/shoot?

I'd check melon and shoot Apollo. melon 'cause she's hard to read. Apollo, obviously.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm struggling between claiming so I can post fun gifs of my character and preserving my identity. It's hard.

Can we play who would you check/shoot?

I'd check melon and shoot Apollo. melon 'cause she's hard to read. Apollo, obviously.

Assuming we are lynch kits...

I would check girlofgotham and shoot DoubleD

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Kits was going really hard about blarg, while that read as suspicious it also read as too obvious. Say blarg goes down and he's not scum, who do we immediately look at? Kits. But say Kits goes down and is town, well the votes started piling up right after we got into it over blarg. She goes down as town you all immediately turn to me. So either I vote to take down an obvious scum or wind up having everyone's guns pointed at me.

Kits going down as scum doesn't really tell me anything other than she was way too obvious, if she goes down and is town then we learn that blarg annoyed her way more than we thought he did. I didn't see a second move in that vote so I didn't make it. Who would we go after next if Kits was scum?

I figured if Exodus goes down and is town we can take a look at the people who got in on him early and those who got in late. Plus I jumped on him to get the vote away from a draw on Kits and Blarg. If you'll notice, before I moved my vote it was 6-6-6 between the top three. We spare someone and it's one less piece of information to use the next day. Considering Blarg is just annoying and Kits felt too obvious, that's pretty much the only spot my vote could go at the time.

What I'm curious about is why we lost 3 last night. I was under the impression that scum can only take down one a night.
This sounds pretty dubious to me. The thread was pretty active at the point of your post, with votes coming in. It was pretty unlikely your vote would be certain to be the difference.

As for your last paragraph we've discussed it already. I wonder if you just put that there to distract from the heat you got for jumping on Exodus?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good morning! Can we not try to lynch me while I'm sleeping and unable to defend myself? It's really tiresome! Thanks!

Holy crap that's a lot of deaths. At least one of them was the neutral, though. That's something. I guess. Gets us no closer to scum though. Sad we had to lose Muffin.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
one batch

two batch

penny and dime

tumblr_p25ji4411u1vti6y9o1_540.gif

Some fates we earn, Stark.

Also, the gods have spoken Splinter is scum.

Vote: *Splinter

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
rancor: long-standing bitterness

A quarrel a group of sparrows

A quarrel of arrows

anagram: quadruple? etc.

4 arrows: the cardinal directions?

North, South, East, West

The High Sparrow?

spare

No Lynch?

stubborn

The prize is a quad-vote?

birds

Feathers

flock together

A fight

erupted

Volcano Island?

We have to go back

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also I never got a chance to say this because I was asleep when it happened and the day ended before I could comment but good on Blarg for not doing the thing. Not doing the thing is good and wholesome.

Oh yeah I promised a vote yesterday. A Lannister always pays her debts. (I'm not a Lannister.) (Or am I?) (You don't know.) (Do you?)

Vote: Faddy

Faddy is still tunnelling super hard. The foundations for Faddy's tunnelling were super rocky. I started talking a lot because they gave me something to talk about, in terms of how bullshit they were. D1 is always lousy for things to talk about and have opinions on, and if you throw red meat my way with a dumbass vote with dumbass reasons and then quadruple down with it and then accuse me of acting suspicious for chowing down on it your motives are inheretly suspicious.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Also I never got a chance to say this because I was asleep when it happened and the day ended before I could comment but good on Blarg for not doing the thing. Not doing the thing is good and wholesome.

Oh yeah I promised a vote yesterday. A Lannister always pays her debts. (I'm not a Lannister.) (Or am I?) (You don't know.) (Do you?)

Vote: Faddy

Faddy is still tunnelling super hard. The foundations for Faddy's tunnelling were super rocky. I started talking a lot because they gave me something to talk about, in terms of how bullshit they were. D1 is always lousy for things to talk about and have opinions on, and if you throw red meat my way with a dumbass vote with dumbass reasons and then quadruple down with it and then accuse me of acting suspicious for chowing down on it your motives are inheretly suspicious.
Faddy is pretty much clear tho so like....

maybe you will want to catch up before you start slinging votes.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I said dumbass vote, the vote only came later, that should be "a dumbass scum read". Writing things out just after you woke up leads to dumb things and i'm nothing if not... Thorough. <3

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds pretty dubious to me. The thread was pretty active at the point of your post, with votes coming in. It was pretty unlikely your vote would be certain to be the difference.

As for your last paragraph we've discussed it already. I wonder if you just put that there to distract from the heat you got for jumping on Exodus?
Hell you can go back and look at the votes before mine. It was blarg fucking around, flatearthpanda voting faddy then exodus, Monkey going apollo, CeeCee going faddy, and so on and so forth with most of the votes going to kits and blarg. No one was breaking the tie, in fact the votes were upholding it as they came in, so I broke the tie.

As for the last paragraph I must have missed the discussion. I had only skimmed the dawn of day 2.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So what I'm getting from EoD and so far today is that a lot of people are not voting scumreads but just voting to vote so that's gonna be fun to sort.

tumblr_nwyiw31lRn1u3dx87o1_500.gif

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Kopite how come you voted blarg? You didn't give a reason in your vote post and it's the only vote you cast.

So what I'm getting from EoD and so far today is that a lot of people are not voting scumreads but just voting to vote so that's gonna be fun to sort.

tumblr_nwyiw31lRn1u3dx87o1_500.gif
Combine that with the number of people who voted blarg simply because they found him annoying.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Who do you think the Vigilante killed last Night

clearly it couldn't have been DCPat, since he obviously happenstanced upon Mafia

I'm guessing the many-faced dude is a Serial Killer. Right?

Oct 30, 2017
B-Dubs

My vote went exodus because I had thought he was trying to steer or run the conversation by calling out multiple users and consistently asking for explanations. I explained it better in an earlier post.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
DCPAT said he was scum reading Splinter because he was pushing on him with points that didn't make sense and that he wasn't backing up.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My current guess is that there are going to be at least three Neutral. I don't know how many scum, though.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Am I imagining this or is melon being weirdly evasive?

"He has been red checked."

melon, so you're a cop and also a vig?

Giant Panda

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I'm wondering why the people before me went Exodus. I went to break the tie, you can see that around my post. Right below me someone comments it's 6-6-6, then the updated list has me breaking the stalemate. Which means there were 6 votes on there prior to me. Indy, double d, and both pandas gave no reasoning in their vote posts despite getting in early.
I had previously explained my reasoning and why I went for Exodus in these posts:

First Splinter and now Blarg have gotten a fair number of defenders to come to their aid, Blarg especially. At this point we might get some decent info if either were lynched. Depending on how the votes shake out over the next few hours I'd prefer an Exodus, B-Dubs, Faddy lynch over kitsunelaine. From what I understand, the case against her is basically that she got active and a bit forward after being called out for low activity. I don't see how that makes someone scummy on day 1.

Faddy has been steadily been looking more scummy has time has gone on for me after a strong start. I greatly dislike his efforts to be anointed town leader.

Exodus for pushing the flavor theory. He could be flavor good guy but in-game scum, and so he was trying to make it safe to claim his role.
B-Dubs for the strange assertion that no one was defending Blarg even though a number of people were by saying his behavior should be ignored.
Faddy for power hungry town leader ambitions.

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't we have done Splinter on day 1? Or is this gonna be another, he reads kinda scummy so let's toss him only let's not because reasons?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so if I'm understanding this right, Melon is claiming she is a vigilante and killed Ezekial, and that her gift for the religion thing was to find out that *Splinter is scum?

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so if I'm understanding this right, Melon is claiming she is a vigilante and killed Ezekial, and that her gift for the religion thing was to find out that *Splinter is scum?
Maybe? I mean, she did have the earliest vote out of all of us. Or this could be a trap.