• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
melonrabbit
How straight forward was the cop scan results? Is it stated without any equivocation?
I'd also like to know this when you get a chance melonrabbit.
We should also be talking about Melon's next target.

Who do people think is scum with Splinter?
This is also a good point. If we're going to believe everything Melon has to say right now, then we should find out if she can kill again in the next night and if so, who it should be if we're going to vote on *Splinter.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
A fake red check is a pretty bad idea, because we would just go for her tomorrow if he ends up being town.
nah, Mafia would never fake Red-check. 1-1 trade-off is a no-no, Melon's got to be the real deal or else a Neutral with ulteriors

Unless there's a Framer about, or something.

Maybe the many-faced guy plants faces instead of using them himself

Oct 30, 2017
Wait would melon have been able to red check Splinter that early in the game? (She voted with post 126). I thought her powers were night only?

Giant Panda

Oct 25, 2017
Looking back at day 1, I think Fantomas and B-Dubs might have been busing Splinter, but Zookfoodle, Kopite, and Faddy were all defending him.

I had a bit of scum read on Faddy yesterday, but it's a lot easier to trust Faddy now, so I think it's safe to focus attention on the other 4 if Splinter flips scum.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Wait would melon have been able to red check Splinter that early in the game? (She voted with post 126). I thought her powers were night only?
That vote was to win the religion hint apparently, it could have been on anyone I think. What she won for that was the ability to check whether someone was town or not, and she used it on *Splinter.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
hey what if the prizes don't work like they're supppsed to if as the recipient you're the wrong religion for it

*Splint grab my hand I can lift you out of there

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still a couple of pages behind. Options seems to be

Exodus: talked about this a bit earlier, scum's choice

Kits: I can at least follow the logic on this train, even if I don't really agree with it being scummy. Probably the least bad option here.

Blarg: this vote seems to be mostly out of frustration. I don't have a read on Blarg yet but definitely haven't seen any good reason to lynch him already.

VOTE: Kitsunelaine

I was tempted to sit this one out, I'm voting against Exodus' lynch more than anything

This is him coming off Apollo. As noted, doesn't really protect anyone.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Looking back at day 1, I think Fantomas and B-Dubs might have been busing Splinter, but Zookfoodle, Kopite, and Faddy were all defending him.

I had a bit of scum read on Faddy yesterday, but it's a lot easier to trust Faddy now, so I think it's safe to focus attention on the other 4 if Splinter flips scum.
I did think he was town, because of his early interaction with Zeke regarding recruiting. If I was scum I wouldn't make one of my first posts be defending a partner.

Btw, Kits and Indy seem are behaving a little obtuse on why we should vote for Splinter. Could be deliberate.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone bandwagon onto *Splinter right now

The sooner you bandwagon, the less scummy you'll appear Tomorrow, I guarantee it

Oct 30, 2017
I did think he was town, because of his early interaction with Zeke regarding recruiting. If I was scum I wouldn't make one of my first posts be defending a partner.

Btw, Kits and Indy seem are behaving a little obtuse on why we should vote for Splinter. Could be deliberate.
I messed up with my exo vote. Trying not to make that mistake again.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I messed up with my exo vote. Trying not to make that mistake again.
pIIGqVO.gif

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

For me it's less being obtuse and more "I need to hear more because I don't know what to think right now". I'd be much more comfortable if Splinter himself weighs in.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

Are you saying Fantomas and B-Dubs are scum? I'm gonna need you to walk me through that one.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

I was actively arguing for people to jump to him when he pulled out in front. If we're both scum why the heck would I do that?

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
If anything, I'm looking at Faddy a little sideways still if only because he town read Splinter when the votes started piling up. I mean, I trust him right now but still.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
If anything, I'm looking at Faddy a little sideways still if only because he town read Splinter when the votes started piling up. I mean, I trust him right now but still.

I gave him more town credit than he deserved due to activity.

But FEP was actually the first person to town read him AND he jumped about the vote yesterday as well.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
"Bussing" usually means scum voting for a partner to look good, which is why I was asking.
Oh, well in that case then, I explained my vote on *Splinter already and I stood by the vote until Friday when we were getting towards the end. It seemed like the conversation was moving elsewhere after a while and the case against Kitsune was adding up in my mind over time, so that's why I made the switch off of him. I don't know if that's indicative of "bussing" but that's what went down.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Alright, lets say Splinter comes in and says he's a vanilla town and Melon must be scum. What would you do?

I lynch Splinter. VT is the easiest role claim a scum can make, While Melon's claim is far riskier. Better to trust Melon and sort it out if she's lying then trust Splinter with such a weak claim even if he's telling the truth

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I lynch Splinter. VT is the easiest role claim a scum can make, While Melon's claim is far riskier. Better to trust Melon and sort it out if she's lying then trust Splinter with such a weak claim even if he's telling the truth
I do wanna see what story he's got, because I could use the laugh.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's probably just timezones but it's still funny that Splinter was here until about 20 minutes before melon claimed.

Zookfoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Hi so this is your resident #xamxiety checking in
Why is everyone just 100% buying what melon is saying with like basically no counterpoints?
Like, look, sometimes if it looks too good to be true it is.
Lemme give an example
In Phoenix Wright Mafia (yes I know this is meta, but let me finish), I was a serial killing cop (dont try to understand that bit) and I ended up winning. While I was probably in an overpowered role, the reason I actually won was because Town thought I was telling the truth because I was actually very helpful to town throughout the entire game. I was able to weave a story that made sense by claiming early, day 2 to be in fact, and by the end of the game when the last few survivors finally realized something was up, I just kept my cool and made it to the end. I bring this whole shebang up because reading these last few pages reminded me of how PW went, except this time melon is the "friendly townie". Now, there is a large chance this is all off the mark and melon is telling the truth. Hell, I am not convinced enough in my own theory to vote for melon. I just wanted to point out the drastic shift in direction and hopefully can make some people step back a bit with the Splinter bloodlust.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Hi so this is your resident #xamxiety checking in
Why is everyone just 100% buying what melon is saying with like basically no counterpoints?
Like, look, sometimes if it looks too good to be true it is.
Lemme give an example
In Phoenix Wright Mafia (yes I know this is meta, but let me finish), I was a serial killing cop (dont try to understand that bit) and I ended up winning. While I was probably in an overpowered role, the reason I actually won was because Town thought I was telling the truth because I was actually very helpful to town throughout the entire game. I was able to weave a story that made sense by claiming early, day 2 to be in fact, and by the end of the game when the last few survivors finally realized something was up, I just kept my cool and made it to the end. I bring this whole shebang up because reading these last few pages reminded me of how PW went, except this time melon is the "friendly townie". Now, there is a large chance this is all off the mark and melon is telling the truth. Hell, I am not convinced enough in my own theory to vote for melon. I just wanted to point out the drastic shift in direction and hopefully can make some people step back a bit with the Splinter bloodlust.
Thing is, before the whole Blarg thing yesterday, Splinter was on his way to a Day 1 lynch. Besides, if this all turns out to be bullshit and he's town we'll lynch Melon in retaliation. Either way we lynch a scum in the next two days.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
You mean the legendary serial killing cop role that will never be repeated because it's deeply infamous in the meta?

There were some questions to melon in the thread. Maybe you saw them. Maybe you didn't. There are still some lingering questions. It's still more efficient to lynch the red check and see what happens. If he's scum or neutral, great. If not, we lynch melon.

Where is the bad? And what exactly is the path you wanna take here?

Oct 26, 2017
Thing is, before the whole Blarg thing yesterday, Splinter was on his way to a Day 1 lynch. Besides, if this all turns out to be bullshit and he's town we'll lynch Melon in retaliation. Either way we lynch a scum in the next two days.
Blarg should have never stopped that if there was ever any conviction toward the lynch

Zookfoodle

Oct 25, 2017
You mean the legendary serial killing cop role that will never be repeated because it's deeply infamous in the meta?

There were some questions to melon in the thread. Maybe you saw them. Maybe you didn't. There are still some lingering questions. It's still more efficient to lynch the red check and see what happens. If he's scum or neutral, great. If not, we lynch melon.

Where is the bad? And what exactly is the path you wanna take here?
If melon is lying, that's 2 days where scum can basically hide in the shadows. Sure, they'd be down a member, but they would also have 2 nights to do what they wanted, whittling us down further. And this is especially worth noting because three people died on night one, already bringing player numbers down lower than they normally are at this point in time. It could be all that Scum needs to start a murder snowball of death. But it might not. A large part of whether I actually end up voting melon will come after we hear what splinter has to say in response. If he comes off as flaky, I might relucantly bite the bullet and help get splinter lynched. If he comes off as more sincere, I might start pushing into melon a bit.
Tl;dr I just want the vote rush to slow down a bit especially because we just started the day, relaticely

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
...the vote rush already slowed.

Are you reading the thread or are you just trying to stand in front of Splinter here for some reason?

Zookfoodle

Oct 25, 2017
...the vote rush already slowed.

Are you reading the thread or are you just trying to stand in front of Splinter here for some reason?
There are 4 votes on splinter right now, which i consider to be significant because of how early it is in the day. Considering the bar to surpass first in votes was actually 4 votes for a significant period of time, I want to call attention to it

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
going off of my experiences with marvel mafia, melon killing zeke and checking splinter seems like something that she would do.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
There are 4 votes on splinter right now, which i consider to be significant because of how early it is in the day. Considering the bar to surpass first in votes was actually 4 votes for a significant period of time, I want to call attention to it
This is how it went on day 1 though. 4-ish votes came out for Splinter, then people came out defending him then people started getting on the blarg train.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like the threads avetage iq dropped very sharply since melon claimed.
This really shouldn't be as complicated as so many of you seem to be finding it.
I'm struggling between claiming so I can post fun gifs of my character and preserving my identity. It's hard.

Can we play who would you check/shoot?

I'd check melon and shoot Apollo. melon 'cause she's hard to read. Apollo, obviously.

Love that this game is catching on. Tho you also forgot the Protect/

Good morning! Can we not try to lynch me while I'm sleeping and unable to defend myself? It's really tiresome! Thanks!

Holy crap that's a lot of deaths. At least one of them was the neutral, though. That's something. I guess. Gets us no closer to scum though. Sad we had to lose Muffin.
Fuckin tell em!
It's really rare for someone to fake claim a cop check because they just die the next day. This early in a game it would be straight up suicide; late game, maybe. There are sometimes shenanigans or roles that can mess with a check but usually a red check gets lynched and we go from there.

Doesn't mean we have to. Just usually it's the most efficient, pending no other info.
Remember that time spider did it as town and basically singlehandedly won the game?
My reading is that melon has a legit red check but I also think the nemesis comment spoils her legitimacy and makes Splinter appear neutral with a scum leaning based on bias.

If he's neutral he's still a target either way. The red check is still difficult to untangle from
How on earth does melons opinion of her cop check target influence the outcome? A red check is a red check.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
maybe a bit premature as we haven't seen splinter's defense yet or his flip, but him flipping scum would be interesting. for his final vote D1 exodus was already sitting at 8 votes, and he put vote 6 on kitsune over joining the blarg vote (although he notes that he still didn't find kitsune particularly scummy). imo it would have been reasonable to assume exodus was a dead man walking at that point so im definitely interested in looking at both of those vote leaders more depending on splinter's flip to see how he might have used his vote there

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If melon is lying, that's 2 days where scum can basically hide in the shadows. Sure, they'd be down a member, but they would also have 2 nights to do what they wanted, whittling us down further.

I mean one could make a very reasonable and very accurate argument that scum will continue to give in the shadows regardless of what happens because they're scum and they'll do their night actions each night no matter what

But also because splinter lynch today or melon lynch tomorrow still = one scum member down so maybe I don't really follow your argument