• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Game of Thrones - Off Season No Book Discussion|OT|IncestERA

"Who was the hardest to cast and who was the easiest to cast? “

David and Dan: Maisie Williams as Arya was the hardest to cast and Mark Addy as Robert Baratheon was the easiest to cast.” -

Benioff's favorite House is Stark and Weiss' favorite house is the one with the turtle sigil even though it's not in the show although he still identifies with it. (he means House Estermont)

Oct 27, 2017
Mark Addy definitely had the personality - I mean, his take on Robert is iconic now. But he never looked like someone who was once tall and strong, but a decade+ took its toll. He just looked like a short fat guy.

Still, I love him. His role in A Knight's Tale made him legend even before this.

Meant to say GRRM.
Oh. End it as in they realized the endgame that they were shooting towards.

GRRM told them his endgame in that year and they decided what to jettison, what to keep, what to fill in and what to change after their big meeting.

In 2014, Benioff and Martin talked about their 2013 meet up:

In the April issue of Vanity Fair, on stands March 13, show co-creator David Benioff tells Windolf, “Last year we went out to Santa Fe for a week to sit down with him [Martin] and just talk through where things are going, because we don’t know if we are going to catch up and where exactly that would be. If you know the ending, then you can lay the groundwork for it. And so we want to know how everything ends. We want to be able to set things up. So we just sat down with him and literally went through every character.” Martin tells Windolf, “I can give them the broad strokes of what I intend to write, but the details aren’t there yet.

Last year Benioff mentioned the 2013 meeting again:

Certain things that we learned from George way back in that meeting in Santa Fe are going to happen on the show, but certain things won’t. And there’s certain things where George didn’t know what was going to happen, so we’re going to find them out for the first time too, along with millions of readers when we read those books. Some people wish we would wait until the books were finished to finish the show, but George works on his own schedule, which is the way any good writer should do it. He shouldn’t be beholden to a TV schedule to finish his novels, that would be completely artificial and would not serve him well. But we do have these actors and they’re getting older, and we have to finish.
He had some great stuff that he could share with us, like [Hodor’s death], but a lot of it, he wasn’t sure yet, because he was writing, and he discovers things by writing. For us as TV writer-producers, we have to be architects. Everything has to be planned out really far in advance. And for us, we can’t say we’re going to stop and figure things out for a couple years. We know we have to have a season every year, pretty much. We knew we were barreling towards an ending, because we knew from the start the show would run seven or eight years.
So it was after Robb died that they figured out the endgame.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh. End it as in they realized the endgame that they were shooting towards.

GRRM told them his endgame in that year and they decided what to jettison, what to keep, what to fill in and what to change after their big meeting.

Benioff and Martin talking about their 2013 meet up:

Last year where Benioff mentions the 2013 meeting:
Ah, I knew that this happened but I didn't know it was all the way back in 2013.

Oct 25, 2017
"Who was the hardest to cast and who was the easiest to cast? “

David and Dan: Maisie Williams as Arya was the hardest to cast and Mark Addy as Robert Baratheon was the easiest to cast.” -

Benioff's favorite House is Stark and Weiss' favorite house is the one with the turtle sigil even though it's not in the show although he still identifies with it. (he means House Estermont)
So I see he’s a masochist.

Oct 29, 2017
"The Story of" series from HBO Go got posted (leaked ?). Has a few hints for the new season.
Jon Snow
Arya
Cersei
Daenerys
Jaime
Bran
Tyrion pt1 & pt2
Sansa

There is also a Sam, Jorah, Davos, Hound videos, but I cant find them.
Only watched Jon's. I forgot he met with her before Ramsey was defeated.
His repeated annoyanced with Sansa, I wonder if this is a sign of her fucking things up in the last season. I sure expect her to clash with him in the books far more seriously than in the show.

Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Only watched Jon's. I forgot he met with her before Ramsey was defeated.
His repeated annoyanced with Sansa, I wonder if this is a sign of her fucking things up in the last season. I sure expect her to clash with him in the books far more seriously than in the show.
If you read the scripts, it's made very clear that Sansa wants the North and considers multiple times if she's willing to overthrow Jon for it. She only doesn't go along with it because she can't find a way to sell it to Arya.

It's also established that Sansa's problems with Jon aren't resolved by the end of season 7 and she's troubled by Jon x Daenerys.

So expect Sansa to clash with Daenerys and Jon in season 8.

Oct 25, 2017
Edmonton
If you read the scripts, it's made very clear that Sansa wants the North and considers multiple times if she's willing to overthrow Jon for it. She only doesn't go along with it because she can't find a way to sell it to Arya.

It's also established that Sansa's problems with Jon aren't resolved by the end of season 7 and she's troubled by Jon x Daenerys.

So expect Sansa to clash with Daenerys and Jon in season 8.
Fuck, we don’t have time for this shit. One of the worst parts of season 7 was that idiotic nonsense that was going on between Sansa and Arya. Come on Sansa don’t be a dumb Stark. First thing Jon has to do when he gets back north, is feed Lord Does Nothing from the Vale and that other dude who was telling Sansa that choosing Jon was a mistake to a dragon. Nip this nonsense in the bud.

Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Fuck, we don’t have time for this shit. One of the worst parts of season 7 was that idiotic nonsense that was going on between Sansa and Arya. Come on Sansa don’t be a dumb Stark. First thing Jon has to do when he gets back north, is feed Lord Does Nothing from the Vale and that other dude who was telling Sansa that choosing Jon was a mistake to a dragon. Nip this nonsense in the bud.

Here is Sansa not wanting to stamp down disloyalty toward Jon.

Here's Arya seeing right through Sansa. The top of the next page says:

“Arya is right. She knows it. We know it. Sansa knows it.”

Sansa is relieved that Bran doesn't want to be Lord of Winterfell.

LF knows how to play Sans's tune. She's the future of House Stark and the North should rally behind her.. She's the trueborn daughter of Lord Ned Stark and Lady Catelyn Stark born in Winterfell. Jon is a motherless bastard born in the South.

Sansa is upset no one mentioned her when they gave Jon the crown.

Sansa is unhappy that she doesn't have the North. And LF alludes to that.

Here's from the Vanity Fair article:

The Sansa Question—What Did She Know and When Did She Know It?:
Both Sansa haters and lovers alike had some difficulty puzzling out the Stark sister dynamics in Season 7. Arya and Sansa were at each other’s throats; the elder sister was inexcusably rude to her vassal Brienne; and things were generally a mess at Winterfell, until they weren’t. Did Sansa know all along that Littlefinger was trying to manipulate her into fighting with her sister, or was she, for a time, duped by the late Petyr Baelish?

The script reveals it is the latter. Sansa gets ticked off watching her sister and Brienne spar in the courtyard, and worries Brienne might be an ally for her sister should Arya turn on Sansa. “Sansa is not happy about it” the script reads. Furthermore: “This disturbs Sansa; the woman she thought was her dedicated protector is actually a time share.” That’s why Sansa abruptly, and unkindly, sends Brienne away.

So when, exactly, did Sansa catch on? She may have had some private suspicions all along, but Baelish doesn’t make his big mistake until the season finale, when he tells Sansa that Arya wants to be the lady of Winterfell. Sansa knows very well her sister never wanted any such thing. The script outlines Sansa’s moment of dawning realization: “Littlefinger spreads his hands. Well? There it is. Sansa nods. There it is.” And that little moment marked the beginning of the end of Littlefinger’s climb.
So Sansa is quite a bit power-hungry.

Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Oh yeah and the last private convo between Sansa and LF is quite interesting because she's being sincere in it:

Littlefinger: It's not easy for ravens to fly in these storms. Perhaps Jon tried to send word earlier--

Sansa: No. This is the way he is. The way he's always been. He never asks for my opinion. Why would he start now?

LF: I can't believe he'd surrender the northern crown without consulting you--

Sansa: (holds up scroll) This is his writing. His signature. He pledged to fight for Daenerys Targaryen. He bent the knee!

Littlefinger moves about the room examining an ancient First Men carving of a wolf.

LF: I've heard gossip that the Dragon Queen is quite beautiful.

Sansa: What does that have to do with anything?

LF: Jon is young and unmarried. Daenerys is young and unmarried.

Sansa stares at him in disbelief.

Sansa: You think he wants to marry her?

Sansa stares at him in disbelief.

LF: An alliance makes sense. Together, they'd be difficult to defeat.

He lets that thought sink in for Sansa, before continuing.

LF: He was named King in the North. He can be unnamed.

Sansa glances at Littlefinger and looks away. Is she willing to turn that far against her brother?

Sansa: Even if I wanted to....Arya would never go along. She's always loved Jon. Far more than she ever loved me. And she'd kill anyone who betrayed her family.

LF: You're her family, too. Would Arya really murder her own sister?

-------------------------------

So yeah, Sansa thinks about overthrowing Jon.

And there was a news article about Sansa and Daenerys not getting along (at least initially) and there being tension between the two.

So we may have Sansa v Jon & Dany in the background for season 8.

Maybe moreso once Jon finds out that he's Aegon Targaryen and not really Ned Stark's son.