• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Rewatching the series, halfway through S2. Man, I will miss this show. Just absolutely fantastic.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So what is the explanation for Jon being named Aegon in the show? I often hear show-haters say surely in the books Jon won't be named Aegon because it wouldn't make sense for Rhaegar to name two sons Aegon. But in the show he did name his first son Aegon, and that one died during the sack of king's landing. Don't see why D&D would have done that if it wasn't because GRRM told them that's how it would be, especially since Jon's parentage waw basically one of the things they had discussed with GRRM way early.

I think in S8 we will find out Rhaegar somehow knew Aegon would die, or was planning to use him as a decoy.

"The dragon has three heads" is a lot like when people say a hydra needs to have all its heads chopped to be killed. Rhaegar was just making backups
I know that's kinda dark and fucked up but lmao.

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
So what is the explanation for Jon being named Aegon in the show? I often hear show-haters say surely in the books Jon won't be named Aegon because it wouldn't make sense for Rhaegar to name two sons Aegon. But in the show he did name his first son Aegon, and that one died during the sack of king's landing. Don't see why D&D would have done that if it wasn't because GRRM told them that's how it would be, especially since Jon's parentage waw basically one of the things they had discussed with GRRM way early.

I think in S8 we will find out Rhaegar somehow knew Aegon would die, or was planning to use him as a decoy.

"The dragon has three heads" is a lot like when people say a hydra needs to have all its heads chopped to be killed. Rhaegar was just making backups.
Strictly speaking of the show, it's likely that she knows Rhaegar and her, I suppose they were her step-kids, are all dead. She then names him Aegon herself. Maybe she believes there needs to be a living Aegon to fulfill TPTWP prophecy.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Waaaaaaaiting
jaime-dance.gif

Anyone subscribed to that service to watch GoT in Canada? I should do this soon.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The Ringer are doing some pretty fun videos going over their top 25 moments in the show.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Battle of the Bastards today.

It's still the best and most goddamn brutal medieval battles ever put on screen. Now I'm gonna slow down on watching episodes and watch one per day so I'm all catch up by Sunday for the premiere.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
They had said they were filming a bunch of "fake" endings so no one actually knew what the real thing was but I think that ended up being BS.
Benioff hinting that not even the cast may know the ending:

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a27055839/game-of-thrones-ending-changed/

Could it be possible they filmed something secret with one or two cast members that the rest don't know about?

Nah. Nikolaj even called it BS on because they're not going to waste money like that. It would cost millions just to fake people out. Would HBO okay that?

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe the multiple filmed endings rumour, but calling in one or two of the actors to film a secret scene in an existing set wouldn't cost much really.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Really curious to see if the imagery and visions Dany had in the early seasons about how it all ends come back into play this season.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So on my rewatch, did Tywin know that Arya Stark was his steward? Or did he just assume it was some highborn girl?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
So on my rewatch, did Tywin know that Arya Stark was his steward? Or did he just assume it was some highborn girl?
Just some highborn girls.

There's speculation that Littlefinger knew who she was, and the actor even said he knew, but I'm not sure if that's just his interpretation or what was intended by the writers. He definitely gives her an odd look during the scenes.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just some highborn girls.

There's speculation that Littlefinger knew who she was, and the actor even said he knew, but I'm not sure if that's just his interpretation or what was intended by the writers. He definitely gives her an odd look during the scenes.
Another question I have is, why the fuck did the white walker at the end of S2 leave Sam alive. I always wondered about that.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Another question I have is, why the fuck did the white walker at the end of S2 leave Sam alive. I always wondered about that.
Yeah this is the biggest question. That's the main reason I think they don't want to Thanos the world but have a very specific goal.
Yeah, this one doesn't really have an answer. At least not yet.

If I had to guess, I think the boring and probably correct answer is that they just thought it would make for a really badass scene and great cliffhanger for the season.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is the biggest question. That's the main reason I think they don't want to Thanos the world but have a very specific goal.
My wife came up with a theory...

That explains a lot of things.

We were discussing THAT episode in season 7 (the magnificent 7 does beyond the wall), and when I told her that to me the only thing that makes sense is if the Night King is aware of some prophecies and specific elements.
She then told me "What if he was a Three Eyed Raven? I mean, not Bran, because that's stupid to ret con time travel and shit, but one of the very first Three Eyed Raven? Maybe the first even?".

That would indeed explain a lot. Specifically why White Walkers have been all around the place but leaving some humans/ wildlings be, doing very specific shit, in preparation for a very specific moment (Danny and her Dragon's).

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
The biggest disappointment with the white walkers will be after all these seasons of build up they are resolved in the span of like two or three episodes.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The key to the outcome of the Starks:

"Where will they go? Their mother's dead." (Winterfell destroyed, the north lost.)
"They don't belong down here!" (Northmen and Starks refugees in the south.)
"Better a quick death. They won't last without their mother." (Better dead than to live out from their homeland.)
"No!"

The lone wolf dies, the pack survives.
Ghost and Nymeria are the only ones not dead.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Is it weird that I want HBO to release the Season 7 recap that'll be attached to the new episode, early? It won't have any new footage obviously, but those recaps are always edited so tightly, gets me in the mood right away. The Season 6 recap for S7 was hype af, though it does spoil the Hound encountering that family again.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
See you on the other side people(Season OT). I'm pretty sure I'll continue my tradition of reading the thread for reactions and ignoring it the rest of the week cause of all the negativity.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So I go on Crave, thinking "let's see if this works, I have to make sure it does before tomorrow". I see "S8 trailer" on the first page, click.

q0rLH8t.jpg

This shit must NOT HAPPEN tomorrow.

edit: Works on Chrome, thankfully...

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

It's how I watched last season. It's typically up a minute or two before air, and you can fast forward past the recap and intro if you want. They air some other shows live, like Vice, but it's not the same thing - one has to jump into watching the show in progress and can't rewind or fast forward.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.