• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if you found any, but The Ringer did an episode by episode rewatch of the entire series in their Binge Mode podcast. https://www.theringer.com/binge-mode
Yes, this is the one I found and have been listening to! :)

I wish I could help you. There was a first time, spoiler free weekly rewatch discussion on r/andnowmyrewatchbegins/ reddit, but there wasnt enough first timers so they ended those discussions. Not sure about spoiler free podcasts, but I'm sure there is something out there that did each episode after all these years. If something pops up, I'll share.
Thanks! I'll check out what was posted. Can't get enough!

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got my internet! Yeah!
Day 137 without GoT:
awwbntmcxp901.jpg

Day 138 without GoT:
1ek39jommq901.png

HBO Boss talks GoT finale and future spinoffs. No spinoffs until at least 2020 ( this was expected ) and 5 different ones in the works. He also said in another interview that fans will be very, very happy with the ending of GoT. New Maise Williams interview. She was also on the Graham Norton Show:

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I somehow only found out yesterday that S7 came out on BluRay last month, so I ordered it from Amazon and am watching the bonus Conquest and Rebellion disc first.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
We just finished Season 2 on our one episode per week rewatch. I still love this season a ton. We'll see how it compares to the other re-watches but I still put it probably at 2nd or 3rd place in all the seasons. I love Tyrion's arc, and Stannis was great. Ayra's interaction with Tywin was amazing, too. Dany's arc this season is a bit lower than some, but not too bad.

It was a bit weirder knowing Robb's going to die soon. The first time you watch Season 2 it really feels like he's built up to be the next bit main character, but after you know he dies you invest a bit less in his part of the story. His story almost becomes more Cat's story than his.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
The audio commentaries would be better if they let the people watch the episode once, then do the commentary on a second viewing. For episode 6, Liam Cunningham (Davos) and Iain Glenn (Jorah) actors kept going quite because they were watching so intently. And it was apparently recorded the night of the premier in LA, so they hadn't seen any of the other episodes, either.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
We just finished Season 2 on our one episode per week rewatch. I still love this season a ton. We'll see how it compares to the other re-watches but I still put it probably at 2nd or 3rd place in all the seasons. I love Tyrion's arc, and Stannis was great. Ayra's interaction with Tywin was amazing, too. Dany's arc this season is a bit lower than some, but not too bad.

It was a bit weirder knowing Robb's going to die soon. The first time you watch Season 2 it really feels like he's built up to be the next bit main character, but after you know he dies you invest a bit less in his part of the story. His story almost becomes more Cat's story than his.

It's probably always going to be my favorite season. What the show lacked in budget it made up for with some absolutely incredible character scenes.

"No, my Lord, anyone can be killed"

Chills. Every single time. That hint of sadness when she begins talking about Robb to a room full of enemies, the Stark theme rising softly underneath, the Wolf pup matching the old Lion's predatory gaze. Holy shit! And that might not even be their best scene together.

OP
OP
ComputerBlue

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
Signed into GAF tonight for the first time in months and decided to reread through old GoT season threads, it's well past my bedtime and I'm gonna be tired as fuck tomorrow, but I got caught up in it because some of the theories and arguments are hilarious. While I don't care to use the site anymore, I do hope it never shuts down because it has an amazing archive of some great discussions.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Necro bumb! I was in the shower randomly thinking about Jon. lol

I was thinking maybe he could use a skill boost against zombie Darth Maul. The show has made it a point to portray that Jon spent much time honing his sword skills. I'd say he was likely already better than Rob when the show started and has kept getting better since. And when the show started he was practicing his sword moves on a dummy when he was interrupted and teased by Jaime fooking Lannister. It would be cool to have a similar scene in these final episodes where Jaime interrupts him again while training, but this time to give him pointers. And then Jon completes his path toward becoming the greatest living swordsman in the 7 fooking kingdoms.

That is all.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I find the idea that the true legitimate heir is the best swordsman in Westeros a load of fantasy drivel.

Jon Snow's too much of an escapist fantasy hero. He feels like he belongs in a Disney cartoon.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Karl was like his first unconventional opponent who had street experience. Jon's done some growing and learning how to deal with those kind of shits.
6h8UeEf.gif

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Karl was like his first unconventional opponent who had street experience. Jon's done some growing and learning how to deal with those kind of shits.
6h8UeEf.gif

I mean all he did was use daggers. It wasn't that unconventional.

Realistically those daggers shouldn't have even been able to do much if Jon had actually used a helmet and armor but I guess the Night's Watch use paper mache for armor and like to freeze their ears off.

Just saying but the only people that Jon's actually beaten in a duel before he went up against Ramsay are Qhorin Half-Hand (which Qhorin threw), Karl Tanner (because Karl turned his back on him) and the Thenn leader.

Only the last one was legitimate.

Also I'd like to know who the hell is spreading all these stories? Is Jon bragging to his boys at the NW?

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean all he did was use daggers. It wasn't that unconventional.

Realistically those daggers shouldn't have even been able to do much if Jon had actually used a helmet and armor but I guess the Night's Watch use paper mache for armor and like to freeze their ears off.

Just saying but the only people that Jon's actually beaten in a duel before he went up against Ramsay are Qhorin Half-Hand (which Qhorin threw), Karl Tanner (because Karl turned his back on him) and the Thenn leader.

Only the last one was legitimate.

Also I'd like to know who the hell is spreading all these stories? Is Jon bragging to his boys at the NW?
Jon was picked out at wall by Thorne because he was a better sword than the other recruits and could handle multiple sparing opponents at one time.

Karl mocked Jon however for having a traditional "honorable" fighting style and then spit in his eye to get the upper hand. As for hype man...
anigif_sub-buzz-30958-1501542727-1.gif

He's ahh...
tumblr_otxq0wB5pj1tw14gho3_400.gif

He's still dialing in the enthusiasm level for Jon.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Jon was picked out at wall by Thorne because he was a better sword than the other recruits and could handle multiple sparing opponents at one time.

Karl mocked Jon however for having a traditional "honorable" fighting style and then spit in his eye to get the upper hand. As for hype man...
anigif_sub-buzz-30958-1501542727-1.gif

He's ahh...
tumblr_otxq0wB5pj1tw14gho3_400.gif

He's still dialing in the enthusiasm level for Jon.

I mean that isn't that great of a feat because Jon is castle trained as Tyrion points out and the others are al peasants who haven't held a sword until now.

If Jon was wearing a helmet, that spit in the eye would be ineffective.: p

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean that isn't that great of a feat because Jon is castle trained as Tyrion points out and the others are al peasants who haven't held a sword until now.

If Jon was wearing a helmet, that spit in the eye would be ineffective.: p
It's still a good starting point though and we see that Jon has been serious in his training in Winterfell and was proficient enough to not need more guidance at CB. In fact, he was basically taking on teaching duties at CB.

IDK why armor counts agains Jon's skill for you. The Watch or most Northern soldiers for that matter don't seem to equipt them.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
It's still a good starting point though and we see that Jon has been serious in his training in Winterfell and was proficient enough to not need more guidance at CB. In fact, he was basically taking on teaching duties at CB.

Well my argument isn't that Jon is not a good swordsman. My argument is that Jon's "legendary" feats don't really back up whoever is hyping him to Ramsay.

I mean the rumors that Jon is one of the greatest swordsman that we've ever seen in the North came out of nowhere for me.

IDK why armor counts agains Jon's skill for you. The Watch or most Northern soldiers for that matter don't seem to equipt them.

It doesn't. I just want to complain about them not having any armor.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
obXdUtk.png

Tyrion is for me the single biggest disappointment for season 7. Every plan of his was stupid and resulted in catastrophe.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
While I do think Tyrion should've gotten some wins to really show off how genius, I also think people shit on Tyrion for that a bit too much. It was a good plan that would've worked perfectly but it failed because he didn't know one piece of information: Casterly Rock was useless. There's no reason for him to have known that, everyone in that room heard his plan and went along with it because it was sound, and it sounded sound, because they all also believed that Casterly Rock was still worth something.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
While I do think Tyrion should've gotten some wins to really show off how genius, I also think people shit on Tyrion for that a bit too much. It was a good plan that would've worked perfectly but it failed because he didn't know one piece of information: Casterly Rock was useless. There's no reason for him to have known that, everyone in that room heard his plan and went along with it because it was sound, and it sounded sound, because they all also believed that Casterly Rock was still worth something.

Nah, even if it was worth something, it'd have still been a bad plan because he was putting the dragons on the backburner instead of using them whilst dividing his forces.

Take care of KL and the war is over. Just focus on the capital.

Also, why the hell was Olenna alone at Highgarden? I get that she was there to raise the Tyrell army but how'd she get there?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, even if it was worth something, it'd have still been a bad plan because he was putting the dragons on the backburner instead of using them whilst dividing his forces.

Take care of KL and the war is over. Just focus on the capital.

Also, why the hell was Olenna alone at Highgarden? I get that she was there to raise the Tyrell army but how'd she get there?
You're ignoring all the valid points Tyrion made about the optics of sending dragons to Kings Landing or sending Dothrakis to take it over. Even just having Dothrakis actually pushed some people towards Cersei, it would've been even worse if they had attacked King's Landing.

They all knew they could've taken Kings Landing right off the bat but they wanted to do it in a way that wouldn't have turned all the people against Dany.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
You're ignoring all the valid points Tyrion made about the optics of sending dragons to Kings Landing or sending Dothrakis to take it over. Even just having Dothrakis actually pushed some people towards Cersei, it would've been even worse if they had attacked King's Landing.

They all knew they could've taken Kings Landing right off the bat but they wanted to do it in a way that wouldn't have turned all the people against Dany.

Eh, Aegon the Conqueror did it.

Besides if Cersei's dead, they'd have to find another alternative which might be hard.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that if season 7 and 8 had came out in the normal times, we'd have already seen the trailer for season 8 and it'd be coming in about a month's time.

OP
OP
ComputerBlue

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm instinctively getting that itch. Hoping Spring 2019 for the final season. Thrones in late Summer felt wrong.

I've been holding off on playing Telltales Game of Thrones for this reason.

Thinking about starting it up soon and playing 1 episode a week. It won't be nearly as good but it will take about 6 weeks and might help fill the void a bit.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017

Except this is the equivalent of not taking on an ISIS held city with bombing runs, because the optics of having fighter jets screaming overhead makes you look like the villain. Cersei Al-Baghdadi just levelled an entire city block, has killed hundreds of people, desecrated religious grounds, and is ruling the city with an iron fist. The Mountain is running around killing anyone who so much as snickers at Cersei.

Tyrion is a god damn fucking idiot. His whole optics viewpoint is bunk when you've got a terrorist Queen running the god damn place. No general (well none that was actually good at fighting wars) has ever had the upper hand and refused to press the advantage due to "optics". You don't squander a clear tactical advantage, when you can't say for certain everything you hope for will actually play out the way you want.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
First time she used her dragon she almost lost it, second time she did.
Yeah, but during that second episode when everyone was all ready to roll if the order was given? Cersei didn't have a scorpion made to defend King's Landing. The whole thing would have been over in a matter of days if not less. She doesn't lose her fleet, she doesn't lose the Sand Snakes and Ellaria, the Reach and High Garden don't fall, you don't have Tyrion suggesting his idiotic beyond the wall campaign, you don't lose a dragon to the white walkers, and of course you don't have a company of sell swords on their way to push your shit in from the rear.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm back! Sorry ya'll, been super busy with life and I have neglected my daily post countdown ( or count up?). I feel terrible. I know I've mentioned it before, I became a homeowner a few months ago and it's been hands down the most overwhelming and stressful thing I have ever done. The home I purchased needed some tlc and upgrades and it's been a bit of a nightmare. But, I'm nearly done and can start posting on Era more often. I'm just ready to be done and finally relax!

Anyways, I just wanted to quickly post that a major pic just leaked! It's a set pic staring Jon and Dany. It might be spoilers for some, but still be careful for what you search reading GoT's. Some tin foil hats are saying it's a plant from HBO.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So does the Emergency Awesome channel on YouTube use leaks when their theorizing? I wanna watch his videos, but I'm honestly not sure if he's going off of leaks.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yoooooooo! More images and two BIG leaks by someone on reddit were posted yesterday. Images are also on imgur. Just warning you all. Stay away if you want to stay spoil free.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yoooooooo! More images and two BIG leaks by someone on reddit were posted yesterday. Images are also on imgur. Just warning you all. Stay away if you want to stay spoil free.

Where do I find the two BIG leaks on reddit lol?

Just started listening to the audiobooks at work. Cant believe I waited so long to check them out lol. I was assumed the writing would be hard to get through, like old English or something, but its been great so far. You can tell why this series was picked to be a show or movie after the first few chapters. I know this thread isnt for book discussion, and im not here to, just pleasantly surprised by how good it is lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.