• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ComputerBlue

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
Yoooooooo! More images and two BIG leaks by someone on reddit were posted yesterday. Images are also on imgur. Just warning you all. Stay away if you want to stay spoil free.

Thanks for the heads up. Though I guess it probably doesn't matter because before you know it "theories" are gonna start popping up everywhere. Shits annoying.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Another major leak ( Not that surprising tho)! Stay off reddit. The ship is really starting to leak now. Gonna be a hard year to stay spoiler free I'm afraid :( Seriously some of these leakers are going to be screwed big time if they get caught.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I thought after what happened with HBO getting hacked, they'd be locking the set down like Fort Knox. HBO, the second leakiest thing after the Trump administration.

rancey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
has this been coverred as a storytelling alternative?

- why didn't jamie and bronn get captured by dany's army
- leading to dany wanting to burn them alive and tyrion begging for his brother's life
- leading to dany having to actually come up against her desire to conquer oppressors against her innate humanity, for the first time being in conflict

explain to me exactly how it was a good idea in any any fucking way that they didn't follow this story thread? and that by NOT doing so they improve the show and didn't create a weird lack of character motivation for tyrion and bronn, at the very least, when we're going into the final season?

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
has this been coverred as a storytelling alternative?

- why didn't jamie and bronn get captured by dany's army
- leading to dany wanting to burn them alive and tyrion begging for his brother's life
- leading to dany having to actually come up against her desire to conquer oppressors against her innate humanity, for the first time being in conflict

explain to me exactly how it was a good idea in any any fucking way that they didn't follow this story thread? and that by NOT doing so they improve the show and didn't create a weird lack of character motivation for tyrion and bronn, at the very least, when we're going into the final season?

They wanted Jaime to have a chance to leave Cersei and that necessitated that Jaime not be captured.

That's pretty much it.

They shouldn't have done Jaime falling in a river with heavy armor as a cliffhanger.

rancey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They wanted Jaime to have a chance to leave Cersei and that necessitated that Jaime not be captured.

That's pretty much it.

They shouldn't have done Jaime falling in a river with heavy armor as a cliffhanger.

he would still have had a chance in my alternate version of events

he still had a chance in theirs and didn't really do it until he literally just went 'oh i'm bored with you i'm leaving'

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
What are these YouTube videos of the history of the history of some of the houses that are narrated by some of the cast members like Jamie Lannister and Danny's brother? And does anyone know where to find them all in one place? I'll post an example when I get home. They are really well done.

Rodhull

Oct 27, 2017
What are these YouTube videos of the history of the history of some of the houses that are narrated by some of the cast members like Jamie Lannister and Danny's brother? And does anyone know where to find them all in one place? I'll post an example when I get home. They are really well done.

Extras from the dvds and blurays.

Youtube is probably your best bet i think unless HBO have posted them themselves.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
They are official history videos made by HBO, that explore people and events that have happened prior to the show's timeline. You can either keep finding them on youtube, or they are available as part of the extra content of the home release for each season. Obviously every season has different stories, and most actually do deal with characters and subjects brought up in the course of the season in whichever set they appear in.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
At this time I'm completely spoiler free. I know only the director names. Last year it was a bloodbath with all those leaks floating on the web.. the full synopsis was public ten months before the show.

But the road is so long... it will be difficult to dodge all the traps.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
'Game of Thrones' Just Broke Its Own Record by Filming the Biggest Battle Sequence Yet
DbKKlvS.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Need help finding the best Blu-ray set of the series with all/most of the bonus features. Dont care about the region as long as it plays on a US PS4.

Does anyone here know if this set has all the bonus features that came with the single season blu-ray releases? I cant tell from the Amazon page if it does or not:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07539BZ3N/?coliid=I13IKGSHTGBU9D&colid=3GGR30WHAUK74&psc=0

Is there a better alternative for around the same price??

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Need help finding the best Blu-ray set of the series with all/most of the bonus features. Dont care about the region as long as it plays on a US PS4.

Does anyone here know if this set has all the bonus features that came with the single season blu-ray releases? I cant tell from the Amazon page if it does or not:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07539BZ3N/?coliid=I13IKGSHTGBU9D&colid=3GGR30WHAUK74&psc=0

Is there a better alternative for around the same price??

I wouldn't start investing in the Blu-rays at this point with Season 1 out on UHD Blu-ray next month.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Conquest and Rebellion is a separate, retailer bonus disc. It isn't classed as a standard extra and so isn't included in the 'complete' boxsets, same as those retailer exclusive discs.

If you want a complete GoT set in terms of extras you need to seek out individual retailer bonus discs.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Conquest and Rebellion is a separate, retailer bonus disc. It isn't classed as a standard extra and so isn't included in the 'complete' boxsets, same as those retailer exclusive discs.

If you want a complete GoT set in terms of extras you need to seek out individual retailer bonus discs.

Was just wondering what that was. Dont want a complete set in those terms lol. Just wondering if the collected editions on Amazon that i linked to have the standard bonus features that came with the separate versions, or atleast most of them, and if they work on a US PS4. The listings dont mention anything about bonus features....

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Was just wondering what that was. Dont want a complete set in those terms lol. Just wondering if the collected editions on Amazon that i linked to have the standard bonus features that came with the separate versions, or atleast most of them, and if they work on a US PS4. The listings dont mention anything about bonus features....

Any standard feature that was in the individual box sets will remain as the discs are just repackaged.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Still hoping the "bitter sweet" ending is White Walkers are defeated but Cersei wins the game definitively. Jaime dies. Drink wine

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Still hoping the "bitter sweet" ending is White Walkers are defeated but Cersei wins the game definitively. Jaime dies. Drink wine

Bittersweet is like the Dance of Dragons according to GRRM where both contestants end up dying, the dragons die and the one that inherits is the little boy that had to watch his mom get chomped on and didn't do anything for the entire war.

Or Frodo's journey where he fails to throw in the Ring (although it still ends up destroyed), he comes back to the Shire where it's destroyed, realizes he can't enjoy the Shire after he's saved it and he goes off to go die in the Undying Lands with Bilbo. Also no one at the Shire even recognizes him for the hero he is preferring to worship Merry, Sam and Pippin.

Basically, the "good" guys "win" but they leave terrible/sad lives or they end up sacrificing themselves.

Cersei winning or Euron winning after the Others are defeated isn't bittersweet. It's just dark.

But I don't think Daenerys is gonna win the throne either.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I remember you from gaf. I see you still have terrible taste.

Only sensible choice. I want to believe in Jon, truly I do, but he's proven to be as reckless with his vows as his brother Robb and father Rhaegar(Ragger) -- fucking everything up for a hot piece of ass and a lustful heart. Cersei is taking the Tywin role seriously now. With her enemies out of the way, the Realm will prosper.

Hopefully Jon can prove me wrong and finally Kill The [horny little] Boy, becoming the One our Lord promised to the world, but, until then, long may she reign!

tenor.gif

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Only sensible choice. I want to believe in Jon, truly I do, but he's proven to be as reckless with his vows as his brother Robb and father Rhaegar(Ragger) -- fucking everything up for a hot piece of ass and a lustful heart. Cersei is taking the Tywin role seriously now. With her enemies out of the way, the Realm will prosper.

Hopefully Jon can prove me wrong and finally Kill The [horny little] Boy, becoming the One our Lord promised to the world, but, until then, long may she reign!

tenor.gif

They're both dumb as bricks but lucky as hell. The realm is fucked.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Cersei is far more competent than Robert and no where near as evil/sadistic as The Mad King. She's the best ruler the Realm has seen for a generation.

Yeah but Robert didn't do any ruling. He let competent people govern the kingdom. And his reign was pretty peaceful and stable. So Robert's a better ruler by results.

Cersei has like 3 kingdoms at best under her command(likely less), doesn't listen to anyone's advice and already had to stamp out a fire that she started that ended up nearly killing her and did end up killing her only son and she overestimates her own abilities. This is a bad mixing pot. She's just gonna eventually self-destruct.

Wait, I just realized we don't even know if she even has a Small Council on the show.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but Robert didn't do any ruling. He let competent people govern the kingdom. And his reign was pretty peaceful and stable. So Robert's a better ruler by results.

Cersei has like 3 kingdoms at best under her command(likely less), doesn't listen to anyone's advice and already had to stamp out a fire that she started that ended up nearly killing her and did end up killing her only son and she overestimates her own abilities. This is a bad mixing pot. She's just gonna eventually self-destruct.

Wait, I just realized we don't even know if she even has a Small Council on the show.

People always conveniently leave out the Tyrell's role in the both of the High Sparrow's major leaps in power & influence. Margaery's scheming is what gave him royal authority, true power, as she thought she could manipulate both he and Tommen. Cersei didn't create that monster alone, and was more than willing to play team-ball to oust him.

Despite being attacked on multiple fronts she did a wonderful job not only defending her kingdom, but also making economic and political moves to insure its success going forward. Her first stint as ruler was far more efficient and impressive than Dany's time in Meereen period. Other than the fact people like her more why should anyone believe Dany would do better job?

Cersei listens to Qyburn, but hasn't exactly had a chance to put together a council of people she can trust, which can't be an easy task in that liar's den King's Landing. I imagine Randyll Tarly would have been a top advisor but...you know.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Cersei is far more competent than Robert and no where near as evil/sadistic as The Mad King. She's the best ruler the Realm has seen for a generation.
Yeah that's not true. Cersei committed regicide; allowed that little monster Joffrey to do whatever the hell he pleased; tried to get her brother killed by any means necessary; rearmed the Westerosi equivalent of ISIS in a bid to use them on her enemies, and then had her plan backfire on her spectacularly; had her undead knight stalk the alleys of King's Landing like an NYPD officer looking to stop and frisk; took a plan that the Mad King devised when faced with a no win scenario, and actually went ahead and implemented it; had her undead knight rape/torture an enemy of hers (who she helped create); started her own "Make Westeros Great Again" campaign that gave a platform for racists and xenophobes to rally behind; and she pretended to join the coalition to stop the White Walkers, only for her to actually plan to not keep her word and to bring mercenaries to backstab the people she made a promise to. The Mad King suffered from some genuine mental illness, what's Cersei's excuse?

Her first stint as ruler was far more efficient and impressive than Dany's time in Meereen period.

Comparing Dany in Mereen to Cersei is kinda weak. Dany didn't have a maestor growing up to teach her how to be a ruler, she didn't have a stable home, and she spent almost her entire life on the run with a target on her head. Cersei grew up in the household of the wealthiest and most powerful man in the world. She tells Jaime and Tyrion just how much she's learned from their father. Besides the significant difference in how they grew up, the condition Dany faced in Mereen isn't even in the same universe of similarity to Westeros. Three quarters of the population are former slaves and their former owners are fighting an insurgency to put them back in chains. Not to mention the other slave states that are paying and arming said insurgency. The parts of Westeros (KL, the Crownlands, etc) under Cersei are a cake walk to manage in comparison. Cersei has had (in her position of regent), by virtue of an established and long running bureaucracy, a small council of experts to run the day to day operation of the realm. Dany had a bunch of soldiers and not one administrator as her advisors. Totally not a comparable situation. Also, Cersei has been operating KL and whatever small territories directly under her rule since her coronation, with fear and straight forward intimidation. You do recall her coronation scene right? That is a ruler who when they eventually can't buy the loyalty of their guards/troops, are usually a short time away from getting a dagger put in their backs. Despots like her only hold on to power through fear. Ask yourself how many people genuinely liked Cersei besides Jaime and were and have been willing to fight for her?

Last edited:

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
People always conveniently leave out the Tyrell's role in the both of the High Sparrow's major leaps in power & influence. Margaery's scheming is what gave him royal authority, true power, as she thought she could manipulate both he and Tommen. Cersei didn't create that monster alone, and was more than willing to play team-ball to oust him.

Despite being attacked on multiple fronts she did a wonderful job not only defending her kingdom, but also making economic and political moves to insure its success going forward. Her first stint as ruler was far more efficient and impressive than Dany's time in Meereen period. Other than the fact people like her more why should anyone believe Dany would do better job?

Cersei listens to Qyburn, but hasn't exactly had a chance to put together a council of people she can trust, which can't be an easy task in that liar's den King's Landing. I imagine Randyll Tarly would have been a top advisor but...you know.

Errrr, no. You forget that she's the one that broke her own alliance with the Reach by trying to get Marge thrown in jail and then blowing the Tyrells up. She's self-sabotaged herself. The only goals that Cersei's achieved were done because of Euron and Jaime. She didn't devise the campaign strategy. And some of those political moves she came up with at the end of season 6 are iffy.

It's easy to think that Daenerys would do a better job than Cersei because Daenerys' goals are to better the lives of the people. Priorities that Cersei doesn't have. So even if Cersei was more competent than Daenerys, she'd still be a worse ruler because of priorities. Daeneys also has dragons to push her will on the people that dissent against her and has natural allies with Jon and presumably Tyrion once she grants him Casterly Rock.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's not true. Cersei committed regicide; allowed that little monster Joffrey to do whatever the hell he pleased; tried to get her brother killed by any means necessary; rearmed the Westerosi equivalent of ISIS in a bid to use them on her enemies, and then had her plan backfired on her spectacularly; had her undead knight stalk the alleys of King's Landing like an NYPD officer looking to stop and frisk; took a plan that the Mad King devised when faced with a no win scenario, and actually went ahead and implemented it; had her undead knight rape/torture an enemy of hers (who she helped create); started her own "Make Westeros Great Again" campaign that gave a platform for racists and xenophobes to rally behind; and she pretended to join the coalition to stop the White Walkers, only for her to actually plan to not keep her word and to bring mercenaries to backstab the people she made a promise to. The Mad King suffered from some genuine mental illness, what's Cersei's excuse?

-Ned killed Robert by playing his hand waaay too early and backing Cersei and the future of her House into a corner.

-Like she said the love for her children is a mother's main weakness. She didn't let Joffrey 'do anything', she couldn't stop him. Tywin didn't fair much better.

-Vengeance is a different beast altogether, you as a Dany fan should understand this better than anyone . I could easily rattle off a list of atrocities out of context that she committed for that sweet sweet revenge .

-Her playing upon the people's fears was a shrewd political move and also the main reason the Kingdom won't go hungry. Seriously though, what's the alternative welcome foreign invaders who want to destroy her with open arms?

-The peace summit was a sham and everyone had already clicked up against her before it even started. Of course she wasn't going to play ball after learning that. There's literally nothing in it for her at that point.

Last edited:

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Errrr, no. You forget that she's the one that broke her own alliance with the Reach by trying to get Marge thrown in jail and then blowing the Tyrells up. She's self-sabotaged herself. The only goals that Cersei's achieved were done because of Euron and Jaime. She didn't devise the campaign strategy. And some of those political moves she came up with at the end of season 6 are iffy.

It's easy to think that Daenerys would do a better job than Cersei because Daenerys' goals are to better the lives of the people. Priorities that Cersei doesn't have. So even if Cersei was more competent than Daenerys, she'd still be a worse ruler because of priorities. Daeneys also has dragons to push her will on the people that dissent against her and has natural allies with Jon and presumably Tyrion once she grants him Casterly Rock.

Margaery didn't escalate the situation first by trying to turn Cersei's own child against her and have her removed from KL?

Even if it's true you just gave Robert credit for the work of the people beneath him but suddenly it's a mark against Cersei? She's the one at the top and is engaged in a way Robert never was, she shares the credit.

Her priority is to recapture her Kingdoms and rule them smoothly. Again she's clearly dawned the Tywin a hat after years of claiming she heeded his words more than her brothers ever did . He didn't give many fucks about the people outside of keeping them happy/fed so things ran smoothly.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
-Vengeance is a different beast altogether, you as a Dany fan should understand this better than anyone . I could easily rattle off a list of atrocities out of context that she committed for that sweet sweet revenge .
I think you and I have a very different definition as to what constitutes as an atrocity. What happened to the witch is not an atrocity. What she did to the Warlock, and the dude that killed her dothraki and stole her dragons in Qarth, was not an atrocity. Ordering the Unsullied to kill the Masters in Astapor was not an atrocity. Punishing the Masters of Mereen for nailing little children on posts, was not an atrocity. The one part that I felt Dany went too far was when she gave that one Master to the dragons after Barriston, a bunch of Unsullied/Second Sons, and civilians were killed when the Harpies first showed up. Dany went as far as having one of her own advisors executed because they took a life that they weren't sanctioned to take. I will admit 100% that Dany has stuffed the landing many times in trying to achieve her goals, but her and Cersei don't do things with similar mindsets and for similar reasons. Dany is at her most ragest when she's being confronted with her people or the weakest members of society being harmed (at the gates of Qarth, her slain Dothraki, the Walk of Punishment in Astapor, the Children being used as mile markers, the Siege of Meereen, etc).

When has Cersei every taken any interest or shown a single eota of concern for injustice and harm brought upon civilians? If Cersei was doing what she did because she was angry that someone was murdering and slaughtering her people, you can make the argument that she's being driven to this point out of a need to save the people who follow her and whom she's responsible for. Cersei threatened Tywin to his face that she'd go as far as to burn down her own house if he made her do something she didn't want to do. Nothing is ever Cersei's fault is it? Her single minded objective to nail Tyrion for Joffrey's death, is the reason everything collapsed around her. She then has the nerves to blame Tyrion for that as well. Her arming the Faith started the whole mess in KL. I don't care that Margaery decided to use the Faith in an effort to fix a situation Cersei put her in. Cersei opened that box of fuckery. She is psychotic. Also, Cersei blowing up the Sept was less about vengeance than actually trying to escape judgement, so I'll give you the bit with Septa Unella but not the actual destruction of the Sept. I also didn't bring up Ellara and the Sand Snakes because that was justifiable.

-Her playing upon the people's fears was a shrewd political move and also the main reason the Kingdom won't go hungry. Seriously though, what's the alternative welcome foreign invaders who want to destroy her with open arms?

Cersei's position during Season 7 is not unlike the situation that the last Abbasid Caliph was in. A monarch who holds titles to kingdom tier realms in name only. Just like Al-Musta'sim really only had control over Baghdad and some surrounding area, Cersei's "rule" is really only over a small number of territories. She effectively had food stolen from a conquered region to be brought back to KL. What kingdom did she save from starvation exactly? She looted the Reach, and doesn't have control over Dorne, the Eyrie, the Riverlands, and the North.

Last edited:

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I bet Bran is going to become king.
Disabled folk need some representation! IDGAF if he's become Branhattan

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
One of the most continuous and best partnerships on this show.

82cb679c95c730688398018a864a363f.jpg

Also, I'm hoping Tyrion's strategy making improves from his horrendous Season 6 and Season 7 record.

416f8c4aff49e933599e4974fce7e762.jpg

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Margaery didn't escalate the situation first by trying to turn Cersei's own child against her and have her removed from KL?

Even if it's true you just gave Robert credit for the work of the people beneath him but suddenly it's a mark against Cersei? She's the one at the top and is engaged in a way Robert never was, she shares the credit.

Her priority is to recapture her Kingdoms and rule them smoothly. Again she's clearly dawned the Tywin a hat after years of claiming she heeded his words more than her brothers ever did . He didn't give many fucks about the people outside of keeping them happy/fed so things ran smoothly.

But Marge didn't create the situation to begin with. Cersei did.

Im only marking it against Cersei because it's war and she lost Jaime. And no, I'm sure Robert was very engaged in war as well.

But Tywin actually knew how to govern. Nothing says Cersei can.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
But Marge didn't create the situation to begin with. Cersei did.

Im only marking it against Cersei because it's war and she lost Jaime. And no, I'm sure Robert was very engaged in war as well.

But Tywin actually knew how to govern. Nothing says Cersei can.

Well Tyrion created the situation. The show flat out says that the Sparrows arrived as a result of Tywin's death. They were becoming a problem either way -- it wasn't a dumb move to try and keep them close and attempt to placate them on some level -- Tyrion employed similar strategy when Lord of Light followers descended on Meereen in Dany's absence. Cersei's biggest mistake, besides underestimating what robed dudes with blunt weapons could do, was completely dropping her guard. But main reason the plan blew up, if we're being honest, was Littlefinger detonating one of his chaos bombs.

Robert was engaged with the war part, but not so much the political/economic ramifications. Cersei seems to be so far

Hesh I want to address several of your points, especially that second paragraph .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.