• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hello friends. It's been too long. I made the decision to avoid all things game of thrones this year in attempt to forget about the wait. It hasn't worked. I have completely lost my mind. It's now been officially one year since season 7 wrapped up. But today I have something small to show. A small glimpse at season 8! HBO just showed a new promo and it has a small bit. I'm gonna say that this is an actual spoiler so be warned . Starts at 1:10

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
What's the show in that teaser clip where someone jumps off of the same looking cliffs as the the one Dany and Jon were talking on?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Big Little Lies getting a second season is...weird. Should've just been one season and more so since the same director isn't coming back.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some things that I could see happening; Arya ultimately dies, at the hand of Jaquen, probably after fulfilling her goals, or short of it.
Sansa becomes lord of Winterfell or Queen of the north. Bran becomes the new third eyed crow, lives in the walled tree in Winterfell. Aegon returns (I think this will be a big twist in the TV show) and ultimately becomes king, succeeding at unifying and rallying the kingdoms against the Night King. Cersei becomes the Night Queen to protect her unborn child, she stays pregnant forever, leaving for the forever winter land. Daenrys goes back east, and rules over Mereen, pregnant of a bastard from Jon. Jon goes back to the Nightwatch, but is condemned to death for breaking his oath. He is presumably executed, but in reality was let off by his friends, leaving for the north to live with the Wildlings. Jaime dies, which is what leads Cersei to stop fighting and leave for the north. Tyrion joins the Nightwatch (since his sister became the Night Queen, why not?), a big turn for the character. Sam becomes maester at the wall. No idea what the heck happens with Brienne, but I could imagine Thormund staying south of the wall, granted land there, and maybe marrying her lol, but that's probably too much. The hound becomes a queen's guard to Sansa. Davos... I don't know lol.

Ain't happening lol, they aren't stupid. The reason it's obvious Jon, Bran, nor Sansa would rule Westeros is because they are nobodies to the eyes of the kingdoms. They won't put someone on the throne who is even less legitimate than all the ones that came before. Whoever ends up on the throne ends up there because #1; there is still a throne, #2; because the kingdoms accept it. Aegon would work out (the real one, no one would believe Jon is a Targaryen), beyond that there's no one, so I think it's Aegon or nobody.

The reason I think Tyrion abandons everything (but to be frank, it's what I expect from the books more than the show) is because he has been failing at everything relating to power and his family's name, so I think he'll throw it all away.

It's what I think will happen in the books, less so in the show, people would lose their shit. The show seems to have ended her story when she killed Baelish, sadly. They'll just have her marry/relationship Gendry or something.
If your not referring to Jon, then which Aegon you talkin about?

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Based on the clip, Sansa is unhappy but like everyone came in expecting that so.....this is a bunch of nothing.

Kit's beard is fuller too and makes it look much better than the ugly patchy thing that he had in season 1. His beard has gone a long way.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if Sansa will be mad at Jon. He is usurping her. But if Bran tells her the truth then she would know he's legit, yet maybe wouldn't accept it. Maybe she'll go mad hoping to stay "queen of the north". Arya did threaten her. Sansa could have Robyn at her side, although the show stupidly skipped how Sansa could explain that she lied about Baelish not killing his mother. She will either become what she dreamed of but with a dose of reality, or abandon her dreams.

If your not referring to Jon, then which Aegon you talkin about?

If you read the books you know it. If not maybe you don't want to look into this and wait for the show, but it's possible they are skipping that plot line.

I believe in the last season we hear the Golden Company is coming to Westeros right? I would think D&D would have dropped that if they didn't plan to get this bit in the plot in the last season. It would also work out with Varys' antics, who seems to be plotting against both sides, "for the realm".

Last edited:

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if Sansa will be mad at Jon. He is usurping her. But if Bran tells her the truth then she would know he's legit, yet maybe wouldn't accept it. Maybe she'll go mad hoping to stay "queen of the north". Arya did threaten her. Sansa could have Robyn at her side, although the show stupidly skipped how Sansa could explain that she lied about Baelish not killing his mother. She will either become what she dreamed of but with a dose of reality, or abandon her dreams.

If you read the books you know it. If not maybe you don't want to look into this and wait for the show, but it's possible they are skipping that plot line.

I believe in the last season we hear the Golden Company is coming to Westeros right? I would think D&D would have dropped that if they didn't plan to get this bit in the plot in the last season. It would also work out with Varys' antics, who seems to be plotting against both sides, "for the realm".

Only 6 episodes left, the final battle and so many plot characters to close, I don'think they will have time to introduce that thing. And the show now has its own Aegon, it would be too much confusing for the audience.

Last edited:

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Only 6 episodes left, the final battle and so many plot characters to close, I don'think they will have time to introduce that thing. And the show now has its own Aegon, it would be too much confusing for the audience.

It would be a neat twist in the "game of thrones"; a newcomer shows up suddenly at the end and "wins" the game everyone fought so hard to win.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's a sure fire way to piss off fans. I swear if they do some wonky shit like that, my interest in their Star Wars series of films will plummet.

I don't think so, it can be done neatly. If the real main stake is the Night King, Aegon can basically be in the background, a distraction people aren't paying much attention to, a mere rumor of Aegon's return, which the viewer assumes is a misunderstanding that people are somehow hearing about and which has to do with Jon, something Varys could do to create doubt in Daenerys' mind towards Jon if not outright animosity but in reality to prepare the throne for the other Aegon, but you wouldn't see Aegon, you'd think it's about Jon. The war against the Night King rages on, with the Golden Company's help at Cersei's service, and we keep hearing mounting stories about Aegon's return thinking it has to do with Jon, so the viewer thinks Jon will be the hero who the people will put on the throne, and then when the Night King is defeated and the kingdoms are left severely weakened, after Jon/Daenerys saves the day but probably in a way that most people wouldn't really know about, the Golden Company betrays Cersei (if not during the war), and puts Aegon on the throne, and people know no better. Daenerys is pissed, wants to take it, and who knows what Jon decides to do, but I would think he doesn't let her. Bran knows Aegon isn't the real deal, but him and Jon let it be.

Jon doesn't look anything like a Targ, but Aegon would. People are dumb, Jon has no claim to them, any attempt to claim the throne at that point would paint him as an usurper. It puts him in a situation similar to the one Ned was in, and he has to make a choice. I think it ties things up nicely with what set all of the events in motion. It's all about the opening scene of ep1.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
They won't introduce Young Griff this late, i don't think they're that incompetent. I rolled my eyes at that Sansa clip. We get it, guys. They couldn't be any more on-the-nose.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so, it can be done neatly. If the real main stake is the Night King, Aegon can basically be in the background, a distraction people aren't paying much attention to, a mere rumor of Aegon's return, which the viewer assumes is a misunderstanding that people are somehow hearing about and which has to do with Jon, something Varys could do to create doubt in Daenerys' mind towards Jon if not outright animosity but in reality to prepare the throne for the other Aegon, but you wouldn't see Aegon, you'd think it's about Jon. The war against the Night King rages on, with the Golden Company's help at Cersei's service, and we keep hearing mounting stories about Aegon's return thinking it has to do with Jon, so the viewer thinks Jon will be the hero who the people will put on the throne, and then when the Night King is defeated and the kingdoms are left severely weakened, after Jon/Daenerys saves the day but probably in a way that most people wouldn't really know about, the Golden Company betrays Cersei (if not during the war), and puts Aegon on the throne, and people know no better. Daenerys is pissed, wants to take it, and who knows what Jon decides to do, but I would think he doesn't let her. Bran knows Aegon isn't the real deal, but him and Jon let it be.

Jon doesn't look anything like a Targ, but Aegon would. People are dumb, Jon has no claim to them, any attempt to claim the throne at that point would paint him as an usurper. It puts him in a situation similar to the one Ned was in, and he has to make a choice. I think it ties things up nicely with what set all of the events in motion. It's all about the opening scene of ep1.
Wait so there's actually two different characters named Aegon? Jon and someone else? Yeah not going to happen. Six episodes left, and I doubt D&D are dumb enough to start confusing us. It's like when people were frothing out the mouth with dreams of Dany turning evil and being the final villain, and it's like there's zero build up for this. Same thing here. We just got introduced to an Aegon in the very last episode of last season. Now there's going to be two suddenly jostling for the Throne?

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait so there's actually two different characters named Aegon? Jon and someone else? Yeah not going to happen. Six episodes left, and I doubt D&D are dumb enough to start confusing us. It's like when people were frothing out the mouth with dreams of Dany turning evil and being the final villain, and it's like there's zero build up for this. Same thing here. We just got introduced to an Aegon in the very last episode of last season. Now there's going to be two suddenly jostling for the Throne?
Yeah I just looked it up on the books wiki, and I doubt they introduce him this late in the game. I wonder if GRRM will go a different route from the show and Change the ending.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

This exactly. It's too late for that plotline. D & D gave that role in the story to Cersei, they don't need that character anymore.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
It would be a neat twist in the "game of thrones"; a newcomer shows up suddenly at the end and "wins" the game everyone fought so hard to win.

Won't happen. There would have been casting news about it by now.

D & D have already said that the ending won't be the exact same as GRRM's ending but the broad strokes will be there specifically for the main characters which means different characters can take other characters' roles in the story.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Haha. Yeah i'm rewatching the show and this episode is still pretty fucking brutal.
Was it renamed though? Or where did the title "red wedding" came from?

It's called the Red Wedding in the books so a lot of book fans call it that.

The author calls it the Red Wedding .

The writers like Benioff/Cogman/Weiss call it the Red Wedding even in interviews as do the actors.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So apparently a youtuber named Fikidoctor is gonna drop a major leak in the next 10 hours or so. Apparently has a good track record. The folks on reddit are getting hyped. Just thought I'd warn everyone if your trying to stay spoiler free.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I bet it will be you-know-who being confirmed. Why else bring in the GG in so late into the show? If GRRM was pissed about D&D not bringing in LS, he would have been pissed about them skipping over this too, but he never spoke about it.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I bet it will be you-know-who being confirmed. Why else bring in the GG in so late into the show? If GRRM was pissed about D&D not bringing in LS, he would have been pissed about them skipping over this too, but he never spoke about it.

It's not that at all. It's life and death-related. That's all I will say.

Also no discussing anything from the books.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
e6j128xpjnk11.jpg

Recent interview from Maisie. Looks like we were meant to think that Arya was the bad guy between her and Sansa. Also we're supposed to be creeped out by her.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
"No, ah, it's complicated…" Dinklage says. "A lot of the time with Tyrion, it's professional and personal. Obviously, he has feelings for Daenerys. He loves her — or thinks he does. She's awe-inspiring. He's questioning that because he doesn't have a good track record for falling in love. There's jealousy wrapped up in there. And he loves Jon Snow, too. They're the two people he has the most in common with, in a way — they're both outsiders in their own families who have refused to follow the path their family has taken, and hopefully for the better. He's wondering how smart of a move [Jon and Dany getting romantically involved is], because passion and politics don't mix well. He knows the two of them getting together could be very dangerous."

Peter Dinklage confirming that Tyrion is in love with Daenerys and not liking Jon hooking up with Daenerys.

https://ew.com/tv/2018/09/06/game-of-thrones-tyrion-jon-dany/

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
"It's sure shitty to be the other one." Bronn catches sight of Jorah.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-21332-1370649256-4.gif

I really wish that scene would have made it in lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.