• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm binging Season 1 today to refresh myself, and will probably do Season 2 as well. But I never got around to Season 3 so I'm looking forward to that.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's hard to believe that they will commit to a Sansa v Jon arc with so few episodes remaining. The season was already going to be time constrained as it is.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's hard to believe that they will commit to a Sansa v Jon arc with so few episodes remaining. The season was already going to be time constrained as it is.

I think it will just be her getting angry as the north divides itself, she reveals Jon's parentage, it makes everything worst, then the NK arrives. Probably all happens in one episode, probably ep2.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So now that we know when season 8 starts, would anyone like a rewatch / spoiler free- first time watcher thread? I can make up a quick schedule ( something like 1 episode a day, monday-friday).

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Literally just finished a rewatch of the whole season though. Lol

Can't wait for the show to come back on. Even though I thought the last promo was cheesy as hell, I'm appreciating them showing as little as possible. Hope they continue this trend so I can go in as blind as possible.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Literally just finished a rewatch of the whole season though. Lol

Can't wait for the show to come back on. Even though I thought the last promo was cheesy as hell, I'm appreciating them showing as little as possible. Hope they continue this trend so I can go in as blind as possible.

D&D have confirmed a proper trailer will come at some point, so you might want to avoid that.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
D&D have confirmed a proper trailer will come at some point, so you might want to avoid that.
Q9WYLNx.gif

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
when the time comes, there should be a "game of thrones my avatar" thread. Kinda want a superimposed jon snow or a Samwell Tarly face on my avi. Lmao

or perhaps a direwolf. Sorry, Paige.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
How do they trailer this season without revealing the destruction of half the world?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
It's unfortunately the best SB commercial by far

Let me do the season 8 commercial for them.

*context-free scene of the Army of the Dead standing and/or walking*

*speech by Davos or Jon talking about how they're coming to kill everyone*

*speech by Cersei being all evil*

*Jon and Daenerys embracing, characters talking about their heritage*

*random footage of swords clashing between whitewalkers and men without a clear outcome*

*random place that no one cares about like the Last Hearth in ruins*

*logo*

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let me do the season 8 commercial for them.

*context-free scene of the Army of the Dead standing and/or walking*

*speech by Davos or Jon talking about how they're coming to kill everyone*

*speech by Cersei being all evil*

*Jon and Daenerys embracing, characters talking about their heritage*

*random footage of swords clashing between whitewalkers and men without a clear outcome*

*random place that no one cares about like the Last Hearth in ruins*

*logo*

That would blend in way too much with everything else. Something like the Bud Light commercial really catches people's attention.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
They combined both of The Mountain's most famous kills into one trailer, and then had everyone bathed in dragonfire. I'll give them points for cruelty.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I'll build a statue to the man who posts this with the title "Game of Thrones Season 8 Official Trailer"

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
cool video thanks for sharing. gets a bit depressing there at the end. Lol. that would be a shitty yet dare i say fitting fate for jon.
If Jon does sacrifice himself, I still think somehow Bran wargs into a dragon and burns kings landing down.
Like in the video Gunslinger posted above.

I did notice that Bran became a tree wizard, Arya a faceless assassin. What about Sansa?

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
If Jon does sacrifice himself, I still think somehow Bran wargs into a dragon and burns kings landing down.

I did notice that Bran became a tree wizard, Arya a faceless assassin. What about Sansa?
Yeah Bran is gotta do something, right? A grand thing of some kind. Warging into a dragon is something I hadn't even thought of. Would be neat.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Sansa marries the new king (and it's not all rainbows and unicorns, but now she's ready for being a queen and not be used). She will marry Varys' puppet, but she is Littlefinger's heir, so Varys and Littlefinger's battle will go on through those two even though both puppet masters will be dead.

Bran is there to remember, especially for the Starks. I think he'll be in the tree in forever-snowed-in Winterfell. He might warg into the NK and walk him far north again, and as such the White Walkers once again become the Stark's weapon, under their control, as they originally were. He saves the kingdom from them, but also controls them. They are an insurance policy to protect the Starks, the children of the forest and the Wildlings and really anything north of the wall.

The new wall is raised far south of Winterfell, and like its original purpose, it protects the north from the southern kingdoms. The Wildlings go back north of the wall, along with Jon, after Sansa mock-executes him for being a Night Watch vow breaker, resurrected by a fire witch, friend of wildlings, self-proclaimed King in the North, pretender to the Iron Throne under the stolen name of Aegon Targaryen, consort to Mad Daenerys and her dragons, ennuuch army, barbarian army, and pirate army.

The Golden Company are seen as the kingdoms' saviors.

Last edited:

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sansa marries the new king (and it's not all rainbows and unicorns, but now she's ready for being a queen and not be used). She will marry Varys' puppet, but she is Littlefinger's heir, so Varys and Littlefinger's battle will go on through those two even though both puppet masters will be dead.

Bran, I think he becomes a book. He's there so people remember, especially the Starks. I think he'll be in the tree in forever-snowed-in Winterfell.
Still think Bran becomes an all powerful king.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I keep hearing people talk about the possibility of a new trailer during the Oscars.

I know it's just speculation but what do you think?

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So what is the explanation for Jon being named Aegon in the show? I often hear show-haters say surely in the books Jon won't be named Aegon because it wouldn't make sense for Rhaegar to name two sons Aegon. But in the show he did name his first son Aegon, and that one died during the sack of king's landing. Don't see why D&D would have done that if it wasn't because GRRM told them that's how it would be, especially since Jon's parentage waw basically one of the things they had discussed with GRRM way early.

I think in S8 we will find out Rhaegar somehow knew Aegon would die, or was planning to use him as a decoy.

"The dragon has three heads" is a lot like when people say a hydra needs to have all its heads chopped to be killed. Rhaegar was just making backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.