• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ComputerBlue

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
I think Bronn will bring Viserion back by shooting a dragonglass spear in its heart.

But he'd be dead either way so the Night King could just reanimate him again, unless Melisandre can now suddenly revive dragons as well as turn the undead back to life and manage to get to him faster than the Night King. I think at this point it's better to assume that Viserion is completely done for, lol.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
But he'd be dead either way so the Night King could just reanimate him again, unless Melisandre can now suddenly revive dragons as well as turn the undead back to life and manage to get to him faster than the Night King. I think at this point it's better to assume that Viserion is completely done for, lol.

No, the dragonglass in the heart brings you back, that's how Benjen came back. The night king would have to kill him again.

But yeah, this plot point is probably going to be reserved for the night king himself.

Viserion will probably be burned to ashes by Drogon.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
No, the dragonglass in the heart brings you back, that's how Benjen came back. The night king would have to kill him again.

But yeah, this plot point is probably going to be reserved for the night king himself.

Viserion was never revived that way. He was revived like a wight.

And if you dragonglass him then Viserion will die. Remember how wights get insta-killed with dragonglass.

OP
OP
ComputerBlue

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017

I think the Dragonglass can prevent you from turning if you're dying, or dead but not turned yet, which is what they did to Benjen. But it's also how they created the Night King, who was alive and well before they did that.

V has already been turned though. I'm 99% sure there is no turning back unless I'm forgetting something or something like him dying and Melisandre being able to revive him happens. But even that wouldn't work unless he's mostly intact, and not all busted up, wings torn to shit and face falling off. It's magic that's controlling him now, doesn't need food as he would if he was really alive.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hmm I thought specifically stabbing the dragonglass in the heart brought you back, whereas elsewhere it killed the wraith. It would remove the tension otherwise, like everyone can keep some dragonglass on them like an adrenaline jab, whereas as I understood it you have to actually confront the wraith to stab them in a precise spot to save them, seems more fun this way. I guess we'll see.

OP
OP
ComputerBlue

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it was ever mentioned that stabbing a weight or WW in the heart would bring them back. Again, I just don't think it would be possible once you're already turned.

Doesn't look like kid has a heart, but say he does. How would he survive in human form looking like that? lol

50be6845_508_promo_stills_1100162650_1_.xxxlarge_2x.jpg

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
No idea where folk are getting the 'Dragonglass in the heart brings you back' thing from.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/10/game-thrones-kit-harington-emilia-clarke-aww-cuteness/
yHa0YyNl.jpg

D&D, please don't do a thing where the last six episodes are filled with those two arguing as their relationship falls apart or something. JUST LOOK HOW HAPPY THEY ARE
I'm almost confident it won't go down like that. Jon is or isn't a man of his words. People can't have it both ways. Dude gave up being the King in the North after Dany showed him what she was willing to lose to be shown the truth. He effectively blurted out to Cersei that he couldn't agree to her demands due to his allegiance to Dany. He's not suddenly going to turn around and go:

"Wait the Iron Throne? Well that changes everything."

Remember, even if they beat the White Walkers, he'd still have to fight Cersei to claim it. I expect Dany to be pregnant anyways, and that they will get married. There, problem solved. D&D I swear to god if you pull some fuckery, I will hate you till the end of time.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost confident it won't go down like that. Jon is or isn't a man of his words. People can't have it both ways. Dude gave up being the King in the North after Dany showed him what she was willing to lose to be shown the truth. He effectively blurted out to Cersei that he couldn't agree to her demands due to his allegiance to Dany. He's not suddenly going to turn around and go:

Remember, even if they beat the White Walkers, he'd still have to fight Cersei to claim it. I expect Dany to be pregnant anyways, and that they will get married. There, problem solved. D&D I swear to god if you pull some fuckery, I will hate you till the end of time.
I don't mean that he'd want the Iron Throne but more that they'd be butting heads about how to properly fight the wars or something. Kinda like when Sansa and Arya finally got together and it wasn't all so rosey, I hope it's rosey this time from the start till the end. I don't want any moments where I think, "oh no, are they gonna break up!?" I want Dany and Jon working as a perfect team to fuck up some white walkers.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean that he'd want the Iron Throne but more that they'd be butting heads about how to properly fight the wars or something. Kinda like when Sansa and Arya finally got together and it wasn't all so rosey, I hope it's rosey this time from the start till the end. I don't want any moments where I think, "oh no, are they gonna break up!?" I want Dany and Jon working as a perfect team to fuck up some white walkers.
Oh, well in that case I think Jon Snow will face most of his issues at the hands of fellow Northmen when they discover he's really Aegon Targaryen lol. Besides the Loot Train battle, has Dany ever made military decisions? Even the bad ass "let's burn one ship and scare them to submission" plan to end the siege of Meereen was pretty much Tyrion's plan. The beyond the wall rescue op and the plan to free herself from the den of Khals were her own plans, but those aren't military level plan making. Dany isn't a general (and she also doesn't pretend to be, and defers almost exclusively to her counsel), so I'm sure it's going to be Tyrion (please be out of your funk by now man) and Grey Worm drawing up war plans for her side (which technically are both their sides now I suppose).

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

This is exactly my train of thought.

And while the finale of last season is my favorite in the series (thus far), I felt like Bran's "he needs to know" almost rings hollow

He's not going to suddenly be like OH well. In that case..

Nah. He's well beyond that. I do think it's important for him personally to know, but in the context of the three eyed raven to suddenly put so much importance in it.. sort of feels like that urgency is in vain.

Cuz in the end I don't think Jon knowing going to change his motivations/convictions or his place in the story.

Unless it's essentially forced on him again and he feels he must accept the burden (assuming everybody else eventually knows the truth).

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017

And while the finale of last season is my favorite in the series (thus far), I felt like Bran's "he needs to know" almost rings hollow

Nah. He's well beyond that. I do think it's important for him personally to know, but in the context of the three eyed raven to suddenly put so much importance in it.. sort of feels like that urgency is in vain.

Cuz in the end I don't think Jon knowing going to change his motivations/convictions or his place in the story.

Unless it's essentially forced on him again and he feels he must accept the burden (assuming everybody else eventually knows the truth).

Yeah the only issue is that who the fuck is Jon Snow to the Riverlands, Lannister areas, the Reach, Dorne, etc? Makes more sense that a bunch of Northmen bypassed the legitimate heir to the North at the time (Sansa) and made a bastard of Ned their king, but why would the rest of the seven kingdoms? Not to mention, surprise he's actually a Targaryen lol. It would be so forced that I'd actually shut the tv off if it happens.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah the only issue is that who the fuck is Jon Snow to the Riverlands, Lannister areas, the Reach, Dorne, etc? Makes more sense that a bunch of Northmen bypassed the legitimate heir to the North at the time (Sansa) and made a bastard of Ned their king, but why would the rest of the seven kingdoms? Not to mention, surprise he's actually a Targaryen lol. It would be so forced that I'd actually shut the tv off if it happens.
The main thing I'm worried about is what is Sansa going to do if she finds out Jon is a Targaryen. I don't want her to backstab Jon, and am I the only one who hates how Bran turned into Branhattan?

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

The only way it could have importance is if Daenerys dies and they have to figure out her heir.

And that's what the show set up.

"We'll talk about the succession once I wear the crown."

Sounds a lot like " The next time we meet, we'll talk about your mother."

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The last frame of Game of Thrones will be a freeze frame of Dany, Jon and their daughter jumping in midair.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
The main thing I'm worried about is what is Sansa going to do if she finds out Jon is a Targaryen. I don't want her to backstab Jon, and am I the only one who hates how Bran turned into Branhattan?

I don't think Sansa is the one he needs to worry about. See Royce seems like he might have an opinion or two about Targaryen heirs, and I don't think he's the only one who feels that way.

"A Targaryen can not be trusted!"

The only way it could have importance is if Daenerys dies and they have to figure out her heir.

And that's what the show set up.

"We'll talk about the succession once I wear the crown."

Sounds a lot like " The next time we meet, we'll talk about your mother."

I don't think this show is going that route. It may not be a super happy ending, and hell Dany might not end up on the Iron Throne (due to it not existing anymore or her not wanting it), but I honestly believe she'll survive this show.

The last frame of Game of Thrones will be a freeze frame of Dany, Jon and their daughter jumping in midair.

Me as it happens:

enjoy-watching-my-friends-arguing-natalie-dormer-game-of-thrones-gif.gif

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Who is Royce? I really need to rewatch GoT Before it airs again.
This conniving piece of shit right here:

06fe5e43068d12ff-600x400.jpg

Dude was telling Jon not to go meet with Dany because Targaryens are shit and can't be trusted. Then right after Jon left, buddy was talking about how they made a mistake when they choose Jon as their King, and that they really should have chosen Sansa. He's your trouble maker I'm telling you.
It'll be Jon and Daenerys sitting on two thrones ruling over a prosperous kingdom with the love of the people.

It'll be their......

tumblr_ohw68bdhns1vtwfvso1_500.gif

Final Fantasy.

A6gmV.gif

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Ok i remember now. I just don't want anymore Stark family drama. And please make Bran normal again.

Bran's not going back to normal. It's permanent. If it wasn't he wouldn't be saying that he could never be Lord of Winterfell.

I guess this is part of Bran's bittersweet ending. He gains magic powers but his personality dies as a result and gets absorbed into the Three Eyed Raven entity.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Bran's not going back to normal. It's permanent. If it wasn't he wouldn't be saying that he could never be Lord of Winterfell.

I guess this is part of Bran's bittersweet ending. He gains magic powers but his personality dies as a result and gets absorbed into the Three Eyed Raven entity.
Question about this Three Eyed Raven persona. The White Walkers didn't just start amassing a force yesterday, and I'm pretty sure the Children of the Forest and the Three Eyed Raven dude knew this. Why not inform the realm what's happening and confront the WW when they're starting to build up? The argument that no one would believe them doesn't even work once a bunch of tree people show up going, "yeah we need to talk guys."

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

But the old TER was displaying some emotion and character. Bran just seems dead kind of. Like Bran Stark is dead, it's only the three eyed raven.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Question about this Three Eyed Raven persona. The White Walkers didn't just start amassing a force yesterday, and I'm pretty sure the Children of the Forest and the Three Eyed Raven dude knew this. Why not inform the realm what's happening and confront the WW when they're starting to build up? The argument that no one would believe them doesn't even work once a bunch of tree people show up going, "yeah we need to talk guys."

I know as much as you do.

Maybe, the TER was Doctor Stranging it and saw the future, and realized he and the COTF needed to stay in the cave so a specific set of events could happen so the WW lose.

I mean he did say that he's been watching Bran from his birth.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
But the old TER was displaying some emotion and character. Bran just seems dead kind of. Like Bran Stark is dead, it's only the three eyed raven.

Well, it's really a retcon since the end of season 6 Bran was fine. But it's probably because Bran's been overloaded by everything and he wasn't ready so his brain got fried.

D & D told Isaac to play Bran like Doctor Manhattan.

Isaac: It was a really challenging thing to do this season. I had a meeting with David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss], our showrunners, before we started filming. We had a chat about how we wanted to play Bran this season, and they suggested Doctor Manhattan from the Watchmen comic. Bran was slightly based on that, existing in all these different times at once, knowing all these various things, being this emotionless rock connecting these different timelines and the history of the universe. We wanted that, but we didn't want a boring, monotonous character who would just go, "Yeah, I'm the Three-Eyed Raven, blah blah blah." It becomes a bit unbelievable, and also it becomes a bit dull. Not that the whole thing isn't completely unbelievable, but you know what I mean.

We also wanted to make sure that there was a bit of Bran left, a glimmer of a person still in there. It's like he's the first cyborg. We just connected a supercomputer to a human being's brain. He's a mainframe, but there's a little bit of his personality. More often than not, though, Bran is a vessel for human knowledge.

[Laughs.] Yeah, sorry about that. There were some cool bits to get to play, less so that creepy moment with Sansa. That was weird. I don't think Bran meant that in a weird way; I don't think he's trying to freak his sister out by going, "Yeah, I know everything. Don't fuck with me." It's more like Bran is processing everything he's seen, like, "I've seen you there. That happened to you. I'm sorry for what happened to you." Bran has lost that emotional connection. He just states what he sees in an almost autistic way, not really connecting with things but just saying how they are.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Uncaring Bran was another case of getting what you want, in this case the Starks back together, but with a catch. It was a good call from a story perspective but it sure was a sad one seeing Bran act like that.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's really a retcon since the end of season 6 Bran was fine. But it's probably because Bran's been overloaded by everything and he wasn't ready so his brain got fried.

The only issue is that had his behaviour been like that from the moment they lost the tree sanctuary and Hodor, I can buy that the trauma and lost rattled his brain. But he was fine afterwards when they ran into Uncle Benjen, was fine when he looked up what happened at Jon's birth, and was fine when Uncle Benjen dropped him off. Then suddenly he turns into this unemotional creature who doesn't seem to be able to emote at all. It was just all very jarring.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The only issue is that had his behaviour been like that from the moment they lost the tree sanctuary and Hodor, I can buy that the trauma and lost rattled his brain. But he was fine afterwards when they ran into Uncle Benjen, was fine when he looked up what happened at Jon's birth, and was fine when Uncle Benjen dropped him off. Then suddenly he turns into this unemotional creature who doesn't seem to be able to emote at all. It was just all very jarring.
Yeah, they obviously thought of that after season 6 but there was enough of a gap between that scene and his first in season 7 that in my mind i can imagine that it was his powers finally settling in and that's when his personality changed.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Meera's sendoff was heartbreaking. I'm sure the leaked scripts from last year of that scene say she then "walks out of the series" but I really hope she's in the next season somewhere. She really came to love Bran and went through such hardship in losing Jojen, Hodor and Summer along the way.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Man, Meera's sendoff was heartbreaking. I'm sure the leaked scripts from last year of that scene say she then "walks out of the series" but I really hope she's in the next season somewhere. She really came to love Bran and went through such hardship in losing Jojen, Hodor and Summer along the way.

I believe the actress said she wasn't filming for season 8.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I believe the actress said she wasn't filming for season 8.

That's a real shame if that turns out to be true. I think we can assume the White Walkers will devastate most of the North before reaching Winterfell where a lot of the cast currently are, or are heading to.

Greywater Watch (where House Reed lives) is a fair bit south from Winterfell, I hope Meera makes it out okay.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
That's a real shame if that turns out to be true. I think we can assume the White Walkers will devastate most of the North before reaching Winterfell where a lot of the cast currently are, or are heading to.

Greywater Watch (where House Reed lives) is a fair bit south from Winterfell, I hope Meera makes it out okay.

Edmure, Howland and Meera will live forever.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's funny that they mention that there's a slight glimmer of Bran, but I didn't notice that all.
Yeah It just allseemed abrupt to me. And extra sad when Meera left.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Edmure, Howland and Meera will live forever.
Speaking of whom, is he still rotting in a dungeon? Two of the most head scratching moments of last season for me was Arya not running into Edmure in the Twins, and the Legion of Stupid not asking about Ellara when they were in KL. She was paraded around in public so I'm sure Varys would know that Cersei has her as a prisoner (who she's keeping alive by the way).

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of whom, is he still rotting in a dungeon? Two of the most head scratching moments of last season for me was Arya not running into Edmure in the Twins, and the Legion of Stupid not asking about Ellara when they were in KL. She was paraded around in public so I'm sure Varys would know that Cersei has her as a prisoner (who she's keeping alive by the way).

I think D&D are hoping the majority of viewers forget about those characters.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

Ellaria's actress said that you won't see her again so for all intents and purposes, she's dead.... even though she's canonically alive. I think the writers realized the reception that Dorne got and did damage control by killing almost everyone there off and making sure everyone else won't reappear again.

Idk about why Arya didn't let Edmure out though. Maybe, the writers couldn't get Edmure's actor back so they ignored him or they don't know what to do with the character so they just left him in the dungeon.

OP
OP
ComputerBlue

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
https://winteriscoming.net/2018/05/17/emilia-clarke-game-of-thrones-filming-multiple-endings/

I don't know that I even [know the ending] now. I'm being serious. I think they're filming a bunch of stuff and they're not telling us. I'm being serious. I'm being deadly serious. I think that they don't even trust us. There's lots of different endings that could happen; I think we're doing all of them and we aren't being told which is actually what's going to happen.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the last episode to leak before episode one even airs because fuck HBO.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Emilia is lying her ass off.

She was at the table read with the actors. She knows the ending plus she's made a comment about the ending leaving her in a daze and that the ending is not what people have guessed at.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Emilia is lying her ass off.

She was at the table read with the actors. She knows the ending plus she's made a comment about the ending leaving her in a daze and that the ending is not what people have guessed at.
People have guessed since the beginning that Dany dies. So you're telling me that's not what's going to happen?!

OP
OP
ComputerBlue

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
Just because she said that she knew the ending at one point doesn't mean that other endings haven't been thrown at her since.

Either way, avoiding spoilers is going to be really hard, multiple fake endings or not because HBO is terrible at keeping the show under wraps from some reason and everyone's "speculation and theories" end up being spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.