• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
People have guessed since the beginning that Dany dies. So you're telling me that's not what's going to happen?!

I'm just telling you she knows the ending.

Her exact words were:

"It will be what none of us think it will be," Clarke said.

Which is unlikely but I think it's safe to wager that there will be some amount of unpredictability to it.

But it can't be so out of this world that no one's predicted it since the author has stated that some segment of the fandom have guessed the ending but with the amount of theories there are, the only way it couldn't have been guessed if it's a bunch of aliens that sit the Iron Throne.

My two cents, I doubt it'll be King Arajon and Queen Arwenerys of Houses Targaren go marry each other, have kids and reign happily together.

And while a Targaryen restoration is on the table so is a Baratheon restoration and so is a no restoration

Last edited:

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Emilia Clarke on her final scene in Game of Thrones, I'll put it partially in spoilers:

In an interview with Vanity Fair that was published on Wednesday, Emilia Clarke seemed to hint that Daenerys Targaryen's last scene will almost certainly be controversial.

"It f—ed me up," she said of shooting her character's final on-screen moments. "Knowing that is going to be a lasting flavor in someone's mouth of what Daenerys is . . ."[/quote]

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Emilia Clarke on her final scene in Game of Thrones, I'll put it partially in spoilers:

In an interview with Vanity Fair that was published on Wednesday, Emilia Clarke seemed to hint that Daenerys Targaryen's last scene will almost certainly be controversial.

"It f—ed me up," she said of shooting her character's final on-screen moments. "Knowing that is going to be a lasting flavor in someone's mouth of what Daenerys is . . ."
Reading that quote damn near gave me a panic attack. However, upon reading the article, eh. Doesn't seem like what I thought it was implying.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Reading that quote damn near gave me a panic attack. However, upon reading the article, eh. Doesn't seem like what I thought it was implying.

Yeah, I'm having trouble parsing out what she means even in context.

But damn, I wanted to scare you. > : (

What about this?

-----

Next morning we were up for a quick bagel and coffee breakfast (there are approximately 700 million coffee places in the Harvard Square area, and I wanted to try as many as possible) and a panel called "All You Need Is Love", about love and sex in fiction. It was okay, though it's not like Martin is a master of romance fiction, y'know? Martin did say he prefers tragic love stories (a la Romeo and Juliet) which gave me even less hope for Jaime and Brienne.

-----

Did I scare you more yet? >: )

Muahaha !

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
tumblr_nirpjvglcW1sxt4ogo1_1280.png

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
We just got through Season 4 on our 1 episode per week re-watch of the entire series. Season 4 is much better than I remember it being. I thought it started to dip in quality a bit more in that season, and though technically I still might rate it a bit lower than 2 or 3 it's not by much.

Now on to probably my least favorite season. 5 was just a turd all around. Except Hardhome. Should be interesting how it is on rewatch though. Whereas I've watched the other seasons at least 2 or 3 times I don't think I've given 5 a full rewatch since that first time.

OP
OP
ComputerBlue

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
"We spent twice as much shooting these six episodes than we did on two full seasons before."

Jesus christ.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Oh cool I found this thread. Was wondering if there was an OT.

Went ahead and watched last season again and I gotta say, I thought it was pretty great start to finish. Sure, I think the biggest flaw was the whole "go north and bring one of em down" thing cause I guess that just had to find a way for the Night King to get a dragon. And yeah it wasn't the most graceful. But that episode was still good right? Good banter amongst characters that haven't been together before, like the hound and tormund. Also the whole Arya/Sansa thing didn't bother me as much this time around. Probably cause I didn't have to wait a whole week for the next episode.

Anyway, this next season is taking so long to come out. And to think we pretty much have a whole other year to go.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People are too hard on Dan and David. It's clear that GRRM's books was first and foremost responsible for providing the great characters and dialogue that allowed the show to be as good as it is, so there was no way they were going to magically manage to keep the story up to par when they essentially reached a point where they had to create the scenes George hadn't created, there was going to be a quality gap, unless you put the show on hold for two or three years to nail the writing with George, which isn't how things work anyway.

This show is a little miracle, and the only way it could have been better is if they had all the books ahead of time. Beyond that, the show has been so much better than one could have expected going in.

OP
OP
ComputerBlue

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
I got spoiled today by google news. I heard filming was done and wanted to check for myself so I googled the following. Game of Thrones filming completed. As a heads up, don't be an idiot, best to avoid googling....Actually, best to avoid everything unless you completely trust it.

The first was a thumbnail to an article that had two cast members taking a selfie, one in costume, one not.

Then another was a title which mentioned someone and a location.

No surprised by what I saw, but not impressed that I saw it either. What's bullshit though is why these websites are putting spoilers in their titles and header/thumbnail images. Shit is annoying. Heh, fuck can you do. Knowing HBO I won't be surprised if everything is leaked before Christmas anyway.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
D & D like Bronn way too much.

I liked him better when he was just a cold mercenary rather than when the show tries to make him onto a dude that would sacrifice his money for Jaime.

I mean, dude, is willing to slaughter babies for money.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
D & D like Bronn way too much.

I liked him better when he was just a cold mercenary rather than when the show tries to make him onto a dude that would sacrifice his money for Jaime.

I mean, dude, is willing to slaughter babies for money.

Well the babies wouldn't reward him with more gold and property if he rescued them. A Lannister, on the other hand......

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Started a full on re-watch with my wife who's never seen the show before and doesn't know anything Game of Thrones. She's throwing way too many questions at me and I refuse to answer them lol. She needs to experience this show and I love her reactions to the big events. Still on season 1, closing in on the last 2 episodes, can't wait to see her reaction to what happens to Ned.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Started a full on re-watch with my wife who's never seen the show before and doesn't know anything Game of Thrones. She's throwing way too many questions at me and I refuse to answer them lol. She needs to experience this show and I love her reactions to the big events. Still on season 1, closing in on the last 2 episodes, can't wait to see her reaction to what happens to Ned.

I've been keeping up with my ex's little sister as she makes her way through the show for the first time. She came over to watch the Red Wedding episode. For the first time ever something rendered her speechless. I couldn't stop laughing.

illamap

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was just thinking that season 7 trailers were bit too spoilery for me personally. I mean sure most events teased in trailer were expected to happen but still. Especially voyage to north would have been better to not show at all. Wonder how they can make trailers for next season without being too spoilery since it is the final season. With this hindsight I hope that I have the willpower to avoid trailers, (Doubt it, trailer hype will probably overpower me.) that is if I manage to avoid other spoilers.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
We're still chugging our way through our 1 episode a week rewatch we started back when Season 7 ended. Just finished Hardhome last night. Still a pretty good episode overall. What's interesting is I feel like my reaction to Season 5 has been better than I remembered. I think the first time through I was shocked at how bad it was but now going in I have more tempered expectations so it's better. Also I suppose compared to Season 7 it's not that bad.

Definitely enjoying really soaking in the show over this amount of time, though.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Season 5 is a lot better on re-watch, it does start off slow but it picks up a lot around episode 4-5ish. Dorne's shittiness is only really centered around one episode and before that it only shows up for a really small amount of time and those scenes are decent.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Season 5 is a lot better on re-watch, it does start off slow but it picks up a lot around episode 4-5ish. Dorne's shittiness is only really centered around one episode and before that it only shows up for a really small amount of time and those scenes are decent.

Yeah a lot of Season 5's suckiness was the squandered potential. If you know Dorne is terrible and aren't looking forward to where it goes then it's not quite as much of a gut punch.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Season 5 spins its wheels a lot as does season 6 specifically when it comes to Cersei and King's Landing.

I don't mean the general trajectory but there are a lot of filler scenes that are not needed there. I felt the same way about season 3 Kinng's Landing.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Season 5 spins its wheels a lot as does season 6 specifically when it comes to Cersei and King's Landing.

I don't mean the general trajectory but there are a lot of filler scenes that are not needed there. I felt the same way about season 3 Kinng's Landing.
That stuff progressed way faster in the first few seasons than Jon and Dany did, so they had to slow it down. Jon's arc in particular took the longest to get to where it needed to be for the endgame.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
"I thought it was really brave," Bauer said of the ending of the series. "I thought it'd be interesting to see. It's very true to what 'Thrones' is, and knowing how it ends, I don't actually see how it could end any other way.

"I think the whole series has aimed toward this. I obviously can't say what it is. I think there will be divisions because people have grown to identify and like and hate various characters, so everybody has their version of how they want it to end based on those things, but looking at it objectively, I think the way it ends is the way it must end, so I'm just going to leave it at that."

Full speed ahead toward the controversial ending!

Also GOT will not finish put out the bulk of its episodes before May 31 and will then miss the Emmys in 2019:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...elease-date-later_us_5b7b3bbde4b018b93e96beca

So expect a May/June/July release for season 8.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Some things that I could see happening; Arya ultimately dies, at the hand of Jaquen, probably after fulfilling her goals, or short of it.
Sansa becomes lord of Winterfell or Queen of the north. Bran becomes the new third eyed crow, lives in the walled tree in Winterfell. Aegon returns (I think this will be a big twist in the TV show) and ultimately becomes king, succeeding at unifying and rallying the kingdoms against the Night King. Cersei becomes the Night Queen to protect her unborn child, she stays pregnant forever, leaving for the forever winter land. Daenrys goes back east, and rules over Mereen, pregnant of a bastard from Jon. Jon goes back to the Nightwatch, but is condemned to death for breaking his oath. He is presumably executed, but in reality was let off by his friends, leaving for the north to live with the Wildlings. Jaime dies, which is what leads Cersei to stop fighting and leave for the north. Tyrion joins the Nightwatch (since his sister became the Night Queen, why not?), a big turn for the character. Sam becomes maester at the wall. No idea what the heck happens with Brienne, but I could imagine Thormund staying south of the wall, granted land there, and maybe marrying her lol, but that's probably too much. The hound becomes a queen's guard to Sansa. Davos... I don't know lol.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Some things that I could see happening; Arya ultimately dies, at the hand of Jaquen, probably after fulfilling her goals, or short of it.
Sansa becomes lord of Winterfell or Queen of the north. Bran becomes the new third eyed crow, lives in the walled tree in Winterfell. Aegon returns (I think this will be a big twist in the TV show) and ultimately becomes king, succeeding at unifying and rallying the kingdoms against the Night King. Cersei becomes the Night Queen to protect her unborn child, she stays pregnant forever, leaving for the forever winter land. Daenrys goes back east, and rules over Mereen, pregnant of a bastard from Jon. Jon goes back to the Nightwatch, but is condemned to death for breaking his oath. He is presumably executed, but in reality was let off by his friends, leaving for the north to live with the Wildlings. Jaime dies, which is what leads Cersei to stop fighting and leave for the north. Tyrion joins the Nightwatch (since his sister became the Night Queen, why not?), a big turn for the character. Sam becomes maester at the wall. No idea what the heck happens with Brienne, but I could imagine Thormund staying south of the wall, granted land there, and maybe marrying her lol, but that's probably too much. The hound becomes a queen's guard to Sansa. Davos... I don't know lol.
This I can handle, except the Arya bit would leave me broken. I've always felt that Dany would be better off in Mereen than in Westeros.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I'll tell you what I think in the show:

Jaime dies.

Cersei dies.

Tyrion becomes Lord of Casterly Rock.

Daenerys dies either in the epilogue after giving birth or she gives birth before the final battle but dies during the final battle. The point is that she saves the world but the story isn't going to let her rule.

Sansa rules the North.

Arya leaves to go on more adventures as she realizes that she's become too restless to really enjoy home.

Bran never comes back and lives a very long time.

Gendry gets legitimized and becomes the new Lord of Storm's End. Davos goes with Gendry to Storm's End to help him rule.

Tormund, Beric , Pod, Bronn and the Hound die.

Jon either steps up to become king or decides like Ned Stark before him that he won't take the throne.

Cersei: You should've taken the realm for yourself. Jaime told me about the day King's Landing fell. He was sitting in the Iron Throne and you made him give it up. All you needed to do was climb the steps yourself. Such a sad mistake.

Ned Stark: I've made many mistakes in my life but that wasn't one of them.

The realm is ruled by Jon who never reveals that he's Aegon Targaryen. Instead he rules as Jon Snow and grows to be old and miserable.

jon-snow-iron-throne.jpg

iUyyfVX.png

But if he rejects the throne then there's a lot of possibilities on who it could go be left up to including Gendry and Bran Stark (w/Sansa and Arya as Bran's Rhaenrya Targaryen and Visenya Targaryen)

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'll tell you what I think in the show:

Jaime dies.

Cersei dies.

Tyrion becomes Lord of Casterly Rock.

Daenerys dies either in the epilogue after giving birth or she gives birth before the final battle but dies during the final battle. The point is that she saves the world but the story isn't going to let her rule.

Sansa rules the North.

Arya leaves to go on more adventures as she realizes that she's become too restless to really enjoy home.

Bran never comes back and lives a very long time.

Gendry gets legitimized and becomes the new Lord of Storm's End. Davos goes with Gendry to Storm's End to help him rule.

Tormund, Beric , Pod, Bronn and the Hound die.

Jon either steps up to become king or decides like Ned Stark before him that he won't take the throne.

The realm is ruled by Jon who never reveals that he's Aegon Targaryen. Instead he rules as Jon Snow and grows to be old and miserable.

jon-snow-iron-throne.jpg

iUyyfVX.png

But if he rejects the throne then there's a lot of possibilities on who it could go be left up to including Gendry and Bran Stark (w/Sansa and Arya as Bran's Rhaenrya Targaryen and Visenya Targaryen)

Ain't happening lol, they aren't stupid. The reason it's obvious Jon, Bran, nor Sansa would rule Westeros is because they are nobodies to the eyes of the kingdoms. They won't put someone on the throne who is even less legitimate than all the ones that came before. Whoever ends up on the throne ends up there because #1; there is still a throne, #2; because the kingdoms accept it. Aegon would work out (the real one, no one would believe Jon is a Targaryen), beyond that there's no one, so I think it's Aegon or nobody.

The reason I think Tyrion abandons everything (but to be frank, it's what I expect from the books more than the show) is because he has been failing at everything relating to power and his family's name, so I think he'll throw it all away.

This I can handle, except the Arya bit would leave me broken. I've always felt that Dany would be better off in Mereen than in Westeros.

It's what I think will happen in the books, less so in the show, people would lose their shit. The show seems to have ended her story when she killed Baelish, sadly. They'll just have her marry/relationship Gendry or something.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Ain't happening lol, they aren't stupid. The reason it's obvious Jon, Bran, nor Sansa would rule Westeros is because they are nobodies to the eyes of the kingdoms. They won't put someone on the throne who is even less legitimate than all the ones that came before. Whoever ends up on the throne ends up there because #1; there is still a throne, #2; because the kingdoms accept it. Aegon would work out (the real one, no one would believe Jon is a Targaryen), beyond that there's no one, so I think it's Aegon or nobody.

Ellaria Sand became the ruler of Dorne after murdering their previous ruler. I think if the writers want it to happen then it will happen.

And if GRRM wants to make it happen then it will too.

So if Cerse can claim the Iron Throne on the basis that she was Robert's wife and force then Jon can claim the Iron Throne on the basis that he was Daenerys' husband and force.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Ellaria Sand became the ruler of Dorne after murdering their previous ruler. I think if the writers want it to happen then it will happen.

And if GRRM wants to make it happen then it will too.

So if Cerse can claim the Iron Throne on the basis that she was Robert's wife and force then Jon can claim the Iron Throne on the basis that he was Daenerys' husband and force.
Did you have to remind me about that shit?! Haha. I almost had th whole Dorne garbage wiped from my memory, but nope it's all rushing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.