• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
how many miles is brandons wall? like how tf was that made? if theree was some crazy stuff about a tunnel, i would not be surprised.

We learned about Brandon's wall in the show's pilot. Would be a pretty goofy asspull to be learning about a 1,000 mile tunnel from WF to KL in episode 70. Any tunnel running that distance would have to have multiple entry/exit points between WF and KL, or there wouldn't be enough breathable air down there. Somebody would have discovered such a thing by now.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
So the NK wants Bran dead because he's Westros edition of Wikipedia? And he needs an entire undead army to kill the creepy guy in a wheelchair...cool...

KingIndaNorf

Banned
Apr 11, 2019
Why didn't the north just borrow a bunch of money from the iron bank and rent armies to fight against the white walkers? lol :)

Why would a bank give a loan to the north of that size when they have next to no chance of paying that loan back.

I mean if your the iron bank worst case scenario everyone's dead and you have no way of getting your money back . Best case scenario north wins and whoever sits on the iron throne pays u back. Problem here being the person on the throne is Cersei.

Also most sellswords would be worth fuck all in a fight like that.

BaronVonJof

Apr 12, 2018
United Kingdom
Can't wait for the next episode and all the chaos it shall bring!

Who do we all think is going to die next episode? Considering what happened with Arya and Gendry last episode I think he's going to die.

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I would be surprised if the night king is defeated in the winterfell battle. It would be anti-climatic to finish that arc and then have 3 episodes left for the iron throne. My best guess is that the living lose that battle and retreat. The show is setting up that Tyrion is finally going to outwit his sister for once. Perhaps Cersi is dethroned first by some plan of Tyrion's, and then there is one final battle for the finale living vs. the dead.

There's too much "they can't get over water" and "Yara's taken back the Iron Islands" hints that they're definitely going to have to retreat there for safety at some point. And notice the march of the ice tiles is moving southward with each new episode. I doubt that stops after next week's episode. The battle at Winterfell is going to be a disaster.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
We better see this when she kills her first White Walker or I'm done with this show!
Watch the NK be different from normal White Walkers, and just shrug her staff attacks, and we get a throwback (they seem to like doing these) to this scene:

GOT7-Arya-Stabs-the-Hound.gif

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Prediction for who dies in Episode 3:

Brienne - it was telegraphed unfortunately:-(

The 3 Eyed Raven (3ER) - I think he'll kill the Night's King, but won't survive the encounter. I just hope that Bran doesn't die with him.

Theon - this was also telegraphed

Beric - if Mellisandre doesn't return he will definitely be a sacrificial lamb

Jorah - He'll die to protect one of Dany, Sam, or Lyanna.

Drogon - the ice dragon won't go down without casualties, Drogo will take him down with some help, but die in the process.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Did you miss the part waayyyyyy back when Balon had Theon go to the stony shores? Also took a single episode, mate.

This is a TV show. Not a book.
It doesn't matter. It needs consistency. Him getting there BEFORE the white walkers makes this show worse.

All the dialogues from this episode feels like something from a telenovela from my country. I hate the direction this show is going, full of fanservice and everyone being friends and shit. And it's going like this since the end of the last season.

Nah bro, for me the series has gotten better and better over time. Best TV imaginable

Good for you.

Maynerd

Oct 27, 2017
Redmond, WA
Why would a bank give a loan to the north of that size when they have next to no chance of paying that loan back.

I mean if your the iron bank worst case scenario everyone's dead and you have no way of getting your money back . Best case scenario north wins and whoever sits on the iron throne pays u back. Problem here being the person on the throne is Cersei.

Also most sellswords would be worth fuck all in a fight like that.

Well they don't have to tell them it's to fight the white walkers :) They could say they need 100,000 men to fight Cersi, then boom hey guess what you are fighting the dead!

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I feel like Jamie is going to be one of the first to go. Yes he still needs closure with Circe but I feel like his story has come full circle now.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter. It needs consistency. Him getting there BEFORE the white walkers makes this show worse.

All the dialogues from this episode feels like something from a telenovela from my country. I hate the direction this show is going, full of fanservice and everyone being friends and shit. And it's going like this since the end of the last season.
I'm growing to hate the term "fanservice" and how it's mis-used.

Payoffs to character arcs/plot points is not fan service

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think we're going to get closure to the Lord of Light stuff at all and Beric can't rez anymore.
I mean what sort of closure would we get? It's very heavily implied that the lord of light or god or whatever thinks Beric needs to be apart of this and thus keeps bringing him back to life and gave him the power of fire buffs. It would feel really weird to get further exposition about it.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm growing to hate the term "fanservice" and how it's mis-used.

Payoffs to character arcs/plot points is not fan service
It is when it feels forced by the directors. It feels artificial and the delivery by the actors is always boring, even though I'm certain it's not a problem with them, just the shitty script they have to use.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I think Beric's going to bite the dust. If they really want the Lord of Light to be a major part of the conclusion to the story, I think Melisandre will be the one to reveal it (or explain it after it happens). I don't think we've seen the last of her.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
He didn't just have his daughter killed, he had her burned alive and fucking watched it.

He didn't just burn his daughter alive and fucking watch it, but he led his wife to suicide and then led an army of men to their deaths for his own pride and honor.

Stannis is literally one of the worst characters in the show. He indirectly led to Ned Stark's death by making his own claim to the throne and killed Renly who was probably the best option for King in the history of the show. And Renly's death led directly to Robb's death as well. I don't care what anyone says. That fucker can rot. The only worthwhile thing he did in the history of the series is save Jon's ass. That's it.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
how many miles is brandons wall? like how tf was that made? if theree was some crazy stuff about a tunnel, i would not be surprised.

There is support that the wall is actually a stone wall at the bottom, and that is what was built. It was imbued with magic, and as the "magic" of the NK flows south but is blocked by the magic it built up into this big ice wall.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Yep, he wants the NK to come after him for a reason. He knows it's bait he won't turn down and he wouldn't just offer himself up if he didn't know how to kill him.

definitely feels a bit like Doctor Strange in Infinity War. He knows there's one way to win and even if he dies (at least temporarily) they have to do it.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Night King has always been slow. Guy took 7 years north of the wall to really do anything.

Granted, he need a dragon to get out of the wall, but still. He always moved slowly.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Stannis is literally one of the worst characters in the show. I don't care what anyone says.
Yup, Stannis is a piece of shit (at least in the show, idk about the books)
Night King has always been slow. Guy took 7 years north of the wall to really do anything.
Yeah, this. The NK has been marching south since like Season 4 or something like that. Jon's been figuratively run laps around them.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
The 3ER can only see the past/present, as far as we can tell, yeah?

I don't think Bran knows for sure how to kill the NK, as it has never happened before. He has some theories about things yet untried (his response to dragon's fire), but he's still taking a risk

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guaranfucking-tee that ya'll would of been the first to complain that they "rushed into the war too fast" if they had skipped these very necessary calm-before-the-storm episodes just to get to the action faster.
I get what they're trying to do, but the episode is at least 25 minutes too long and again, nothing happens. Like 95% of the dialogue is stuff we already know and a lot of the conversations came across as filler. I'm sure a lot of this will pay off in the next episode but again, that's next episode. This episode was boring af.

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
Bran is also likely the only person who actually knows how to kill the NK

This may turn out to be completely different that I thought it would go down.. I was 90+% sure Jon would kill the NK, now maybe its some Bran-only level skill that can defeat him.. So we thinking there will be a battle at Winterfell next week where half the cast dies and then moves on KL, or will the NK go to KL first?

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
He didn't just burn his daughter alive and fucking watch it, but he led his wife to suicide and then led an army of men to their deaths for his own pride and honor.

Stannis is literally one of the worst characters in the show. He indirectly led to Ned Stark's death by making his own claim to the throne and killed Renly who was probably the best option for King in the history of the show. And Renly's death led directly to Robb's death as well. I don't care what anyone says. That fucker can rot. The only worthwhile thing he did in the history of the series is save Jon's ass. That's it.
I have never seen so much truth laid out like this in awhile. Fuck Stannis. The only reason his scenes were any good was due completely to hype master Davos. The scene at Braavos just solidified how much of a loser Stannis was.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
This may turn out to be completely different that I thought it would go down.. I was 90+% sure Jon would kill the NK, now maybe its some Bran-only level skill that can defeat him.. So we thinking there will be a battle at Winterfell next week where half the cast dies and then moves on KL, or will the NK go to KL first?
I feel like the whole "Yara going to retake the Iron Islands" thing has to be more than a way to write out Yara for the rest of the series. Part of me wouldn't be surprised if Tyrion convinces Jon to retreat from Winterfell and let the Night King march on Cersei and Kings Landing. Then maybe try to pincer-attack the army of the dead and trap the Night King somehow.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The fuck is going on with this Arya stuff all over the internet? Did i miss something? Why are people weird about it?
The show is full of sex scenes, the actress is 22. Is it just because we saw her "grow up" on the show that its weird or something? I really dont follow?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the whole "Yara going to retake the Iron Islands" thing has to be more than a way to write out Yara for the rest of the series. Part of me wouldn't be surprised if Tyrion convinces Jon to retreat from Winterfell and let the Night King march on Cersei and Kings Landing. Then maybe try to pincer-attack the army of the dead and trap the Night King somehow.
So they need to fight a even bigger army?

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved that episode. They're about to break a lot of peoples hearts, so they gave us a final farewell to so many character we've spent 8 years with. I thought it was terrific. Next week is going to be fucking depressing but amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.