• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
definitely feels a bit like Doctor Strange in Infinity War. He knows there's one way to win and even if he dies (at least temporarily) they have to do it.

Agreed, even if he doesn't exactly how how to kill him, he at least has an idea for what to do. And I wouldn't be surprised if that idea involves some sort of sacrifice to the Old Gods.

The 3ER can only see the past/present, as far as we can tell, yeah?

I don't think Bran knows for sure how to kill the NK, as it has never happened before. He has some theories about things yet untried (his response to dragon's fire), but he's still taking a risk

I can't say unequivocally that he knows for sure because it hasn't been explicitly stated, but he likely has some sort of plan. Everyone keeps focusing on the Lord of Light when it's the Old Gods who protect the Starks. The 3ER draws its power from them. If the NK goes down their power will be involved for sure.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Stannis got manipulated by Melisandre, whether it was out of hope by her or out of evil to ultimately let the night king come.

I feel like she was honest and thought Stannis was true, though Religious figures can be warped by man either way.

Questions:

If Melisandre doesn't want the Night King to erase history, why?
If Melisandre wants the Night King to erase history, why?

Kyou

Oct 27, 2017
Next episode needs to have Jon going super saiyan and having his sword catch fire while riding a dragon that Bran wargs into

Anything less will be massively disappointing

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Very funny to watch their battle plan and them not mention the super zombie dragon.

On that note: I'm still in disbelief that they went through with that monumentally dumb plan that gifted the Night King with express 1 day shipping through Westeros Prime on a dragon of legends.

All to try and prove to a clearly unhinged person that zombies are real (which she saw and proceeded not to give a fuck which fans all called). Book readers, do you feel GRRM has this happen? It was such a weak point of the last season. I admit I'm excited at how much the threat level went up after that. But my Lord that plan was ridiculous.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017

CZud0dz.gif

Very funny to watch their battle plan and them not mention the super zombie dragon.

On that note: I'm still in disbelief that they went through with that monumentally dumb plan that gifted the Night King with express 1 day shipping through Westeros Prime on a dragon of legends.

All to try and prove to a clearly unhinged person that zombies are real (which she saw and proceeded not to give a fuck which fans all called). Book readers, do you feel GRRM has this happen? It was such a weak point of the last season. I admit I'm excited at how much the threat level went up after that. But my Lord that plan was ridiculous.

To be fair, that was the result of Dany going a little off script. IIRC using Dragons wasn't part of Jon's original plan

Nov 13, 2017
Episode 2 was incredible. Elegiac and sombre in the best ways. One of my favorite episodes of the show, and one of the best written ones in my opinion.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Night King is gunna raise all the dead from Battle of the Bastards, isn't he? We gunna see Ramsey and Stannis again?

Nevermind, Ramsey got shitted out by dogs a while ago.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Night King is gunna raise all the dead from Battle of the Bastards, isn't he? We gunna see Ramsey and Stannis again?

Nevermind, Ramsey got shitted out by dogs a while ago.
I don't think we're going to get any zombie cameos but man, the Night King's army is going to get crazy big insanely fast the further south he continues to go.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The end will be him as Grandpa Tarly telling his grandchildren a story called "A Song of Ice and Fire".

"How does the story end, grandpa?"

"You'll need $14.99 and an HBOGo subscription. Now goodnight, little one."

Haha. Precisely.
Bran is also likely the only person who actually knows how to kill the NK

There must be a specific way Night King was stopped. Only person who knows that is Bran since all the children of the forest are dead.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty solid episode. Really not into the Dany/Sansa plotline, the Jon telling Dany moment felt like a pretty quick moment that was unsatisfying. The character moments by the fire were dope, I really wish we got a little more Bran development but they seem to not know how to properly develop him. Wish we actually saw the Bran/Tyrion moment. Little Sansa/Theon moment was touching.

Excited for the big budget next episode after this.

Edit: It's clearly a wrap for Theon too. Protecting Bran? Later breh.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Most of what we get about Stannis in the books is from the point of view of his number 1 fanboy, and people buy the hype without question.

He's a cool character, but he's more complicated than Davos' dreamboat

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Regarding the crypt and raising undead, wouldn't the crypt hold basically skeletons right about now? don't think that'll play into it, unless it's more like part of the night king army borrow their way to the crypts.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So the NK wants Bran dead because he's Westros edition of Wikipedia? And he needs an entire undead army to kill the creepy guy in a wheelchair...cool...

The explanation was awful. If he wants to kill everyone, why does he have to kill Bran any sooner than anyone else? Unless Bran knows how to kill him, but clearly he doesn't (which is strange, cause he was clearly not killing everyone before and was defeated before).

And who cares if Bran remembers stuff? If everyone is dead it doesn't matter.

And I didn't like how Sam was like "Well that explanation isn't very convincing for the audience, so err... not remembering, is like dying! Dying is awful, we must remember."

Deleted member 21431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
These threads suck the joy out of the show to be honest. I wish I could have binged the whole series like I did with seasons 1-3. The threads are generally toxic and you see armchair critics who are supposed experts in everything, claim everything is lazy or terrible.

Totally true! This thread and the Discovery one are full of people saying "the writing is shit" or this is crap, or that is terrible. I always want to pop up and ask them "why the feek are you a) watching it then and b) coming onto threads slagging it off".

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
The explanation was awful. If he wants to kill everyone, why does he have to kill Bran any sooner than anyone else? Unless Bran knows how to kill him, but clearly he doesn't (which is strange, cause he was clearly not killing everyone before and was defeated before).

And who cares if Bran remembers stuff? If everyone is dead it doesn't matter.

And I didn't like how Sam was like "Well that explanation isn't very convincing for the audience, so err... not remembering, is like dying! Dying is awful, we must remember."

Night King kills every last human besides Bran. Ban lives forever knowing the history of Westeros with no other human to talk to about it, as everyone wondering around the icey fields is dead.

Bran = GRRM. That's why he hasn't finished the books. he wants to be the only person that knows what really happens.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
He didn't just burn his daughter alive and fucking watch it, but he led his wife to suicide and then led an army of men to their deaths for his own pride and honor.

Stannis is literally one of the worst characters in the show. He indirectly led to Ned Stark's death by making his own claim to the throne and killed Renly who was probably the best option for King in the history of the show. And Renly's death led directly to Robb's death as well. I don't care what anyone says. That fucker can rot. The only worthwhile thing he did in the history of the series is save Jon's ass. That's it.
I agree with pretty much everything you said
He didn't just burn his daughter alive and fucking watch it, but he led his wife to suicide and then led an army of men to their deaths for his own pride and honor.

Stannis is literally one of the worst characters in the show. He indirectly led to Ned Stark's death by making his own claim to the throne and killed Renly who was probably the best option for King in the history of the show. And Renly's death led directly to Robb's death as well. I don't care what anyone says. That fucker can rot. The only worthwhile thing he did in the history of the series is save Jon's ass. That's it.
agreed with pretty much everything, however, the key words are: on the show. Apparently Stannis and his motivations/actions are not entirely the same in the books.

Edit: sorry for responding to you like that. I'm on mobile and google chrome keeps acting weirdly.

Last edited:

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Daenerys has become one of my least favourite characters. Everything she does and says is annoying.

Brienne being knighted was the highlight of the episode.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
Now that I think about it, hiding your non-warriors in a place full of skeletons is such a bad idea lmao. They all gonna die, even that little girl who wanted to fight :(

Skeleton Rickon is gonna kill everyone.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
The Targaryens ruled for over 300 years until Robert Baratheon overthrew them and fucked everything up for everyone. Though admittedly Rhaegar's dumb ass has an equal share of that blame. Cersei is only in power now because they have the largest army left outside of the North and nobody can stop her from doing it. Not yet anyway.

Think of it like a military occupation. Except its lasted for 20 years. Once the coup is shut down it will likely return to the original line. That being the Targaryens. First Jon and then Dany. or both of them if they decide to continue playing house...... I mean castle with each other. Which is not unusual mind you in this case. Targaryens married brothers, sisters aunts, and uncles for generations.

Would you have preferred the Mad King to rule instead of Robert?

Status
Not open for further replies.