• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Game of Thrones S8, Apr 14-May 19 @9PM EDT |OT| Aunt-Man and the Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Jon Snow has executed children. Daenerys has burned many a people, not all of whom were guilty of any crime. Jamie Lannister pushed a child out a window. Tormund was a wilding who has killed many a innocent Northerners during his raids. The Hound ran down a child. Tyrion strangled Shae to death out of pure revenge. No one is pure.

Stannis has better reasons than most.
If Stan is had joined with Renly when he had the chance, hundred of thousands would still be alive. (Or vice versa, they're both idiots.)

Oct 27, 2017
Did you even read what I said? If they had paced it better they could have had less action last season and slowed down a bit keeping some for this season.

It's not Mad Men, the writing and acting are not good enough for what they have attempted these last 2 weeks.
I suppose you’re right. I really didn’t like season 7 due to the absurd amount of convenience and lack of logic in everything.

I do feel like the last episodes are going to be full of action though, don’t see how they can fit in another ‘slow’ episode

All this talk about the supposedly abrupt Arya x Gendry got me wondering..
How long has Jon even knew Daenerys before they jumped under the blanket? How many lines of flirting was exchanged? What kind of events they went through together to forge a bond enough to want to bang?

Not sarcasm btw.
I'm asking in all sincerity because I'm mostly a book reader and only skimmed the highlights after they run out of book material. Mostly after The Green Trial ugh that's the one of the most cop out conclusion of an ark I've ever seen bleargh

Oct 26, 2017
All this talk about the supposedly abrupt Arya x Gendry got me wondering..
How long has Jon even knew Daenerys before they jumped under the blanket? How many lines of flirting was exchanged? What kind of events they went through together to forge a bond enough to want to bang?

Not sarcasm btw.
I'm asking in all sincerity because I'm mostly a book reader and only skimmed the highlights after they run out of book material. Mostly after The Green Trial ugh that's the one of the most cop out conclusion of an ark I've ever seen bleargh
Yeah this whole "I'm here because I love your brother" feels kinda unearned, but maybe I'm just forgetting a lot of interactions from last season.

Oct 28, 2017
I guess people are allowed to their opinions, but I do have to admit the negative comments ruin my fun in this thread. I come here to read theories and speculations, not people arguing if it is a good or bad episode and why. Maybe there should be a different kind of review thread.

I've been reading that people think Tyrion and Jaime will survive? I believe Jaime is going to do something heroic and then die later, or die doing it. Per his conversation with Bran, I believe there is no after the fight for Jaime.

Oct 25, 2017
Lady Stoneheart is eh, I'm glad she was left out.
Lady Stoneheart was shit, glad Beric is still around doing his thing in the show instead of that mess.
Though that book scene with Brienne meeting her was so good.

We didn't need the male gazy camera work. It feels weird, cause we've known Arya since she was a kid. And she's never been sexualized. So when the show suddenly decides, "K let's sexualize Arya," it feels weird even in context.

That and aside from literally one glance ever, Arya just never seemed the type to be interested in that type of thing.
Shout out to the Normies, lol.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I guess people are allowed to their opinions, but I do have to admit the negative comments ruin my fun in this thread. I come here to read theories and speculations, not people arguing if it is a good or bad episode and why. Maybe there should be a different kind of review thread.

I've been reading that people think Tyrion and Jaime will survive? I believe Jaime is going to do something heroic and then die later, or die doing it. Per his conversation with Bran, I believe there is no after the fight for Jaime.
If you have your own opinion and enjoy the show than nothing these vinegar-pissers say will do anything to change that. Just laugh it off and enjoy.

Oct 25, 2017
If Robb had joined with Stannis instead of crowning himself King, hundreds of thousands would still be alive.
He didn't crown himself :P but that's the least of Robb's problems really. Stannis didn't have the support he needed to combat the Lannisters. Renly had 100k soldiers and the Tyrell warchest at the time they met and Stannis decided to put a ghost baby dagger in his heart and let the Tyrells go back to Tywin instead.

Oct 27, 2017
hopefully its ok to drag past seasons in, but almost done with S4 in my rewatch and 2 things:

1 - I'm not sure im ready for mountain vs oberyn again, I remember that scene fucking me up and im not even squimish.

2 - this scene tho

still gives me goosebumps.

This scene is so good, can't remember the last time the show had something like this. The action set pieces are still great but I think it lacks these big intense character moments. It certainly misses an actor like Charles Dance who can really steal a scene.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm with you. Everything I've read regarding what happens to Cat in the books sounded really stupid
Nah, it's awesome. One of the best twists in the books.

And there's not a whole lot of her in the books. She's mostly been this invisible background influence fucking shit up who is only revealed in an epilogue-twist that is still unresolved, 14 years later.