• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
I wonder what it was

I really really want a Roberts Rebellion miniseries

Idc if we already know what happens, so much of the series relies on exposition of what happened before, and it would be nice seeing it fleshed out.

of all the time periods to cover in a prequel show, Roberts rebellion would be near the bottom

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
What creepy image are you guys even talking about?

helen-sloan-hbo-3-1.jpg

It's probably just a bit of stone wall that looks like a face in the shot. I don't think they'd telegraph the presence of someone being there in a promo shot.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
To make a successful prequel/sequel you need people who were key, and I mean really key. Otherwise it will do like many other big properties: everyone wants to hop in to make their name, nobody wants to take ownership, everyone is just happy to have a job, everyone will end up as a yes-man and no one will want to take the difficult decisions for fear or being blamed when problems arise. I have little faith in any future series.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my final take on the NK going to KL. It doesn't make any sense because multiple plot threads are open that they'll just dump. Euron, Cleganebow, Bronn, Cersei's pregnancy, Jaime or Tyrion have to have some final interaction with their sister, etc

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I feel like the Valanqar prophecy is saved for the final episode

What is this?
Can you write a sentence summary
Thanks

Preston Jacob's Game of Thrones episode watches are basically satirical nitpicky overviews of Game of Thrones's episodes from a book-reader point of view, he's been doing since season 5 I believe and they can be pretty funny.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I'm guessing that's Theon's group inside the castle next to the God's Wood where Bran is. I don't know who's on the other side though, but it looks like a Lion insignia.

this-does-not-bode-well-for-the-living-in-the-great-battle-of-winterfell.png

Last edited:

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Imagine if Aegon takes the throne, marries Sansa, and Sansa is like "I'd like to have ser Brienne as king's guard", and Aegon is like "Oh, sure dear, I'm ok with women being knights, I'm different. Ser Brienne, may I ask, who knighted you?"

oops

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
The Dothraki do have huge numbers. Easily many 10s of thousands but the army of the dead is probably many hundreds of thousands.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Dothraki do have huge numbers. Easily many 10s of thousands but the army of the dead is probably many hundreds of thousands.
Yeah but if you kill the leader, all the ice zombie people the leader arose will die. Seems easy enough for Arya to solid snake the shit out of Night King's army.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Ramsay's plan was to fire arrows at the enemy until he decimated their numbers.
Tyrion's plan was to burn Stannis' ships so that he decimated their numbers.
Jon rained flaming arrows and knocked climbers off the wall when the wildlings attacked Castle Black.

Our plan this time? Advance on the dead-raising zombie army with a full cavalry charge and burn them after we start losing, hope the Night King challenges Jon to a fight and he can kill him.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Ramsay's plan was to fire arrows at the enemy until he decimated their numbers.
Tyrion's plan was to burn Stannis' ships so that he decimated their numbers.
Jon rained flaming arrows and knocked climbers off the wall when the wildlings attacked Castle Black.

Our plan this time? Advance on the dead-raising zombie army with a full cavalry charge and burn them after we start losing, hope the Night King challenges Jon to a fight and he can kill him.

I dont think they even said their plan of defense/attack other than just to lure out the night king to bran. remember bran taking over the conversation and then everyone just nodding? correct me if im wrong.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
They said they are trying to hold out as long as possible. They shouldn't be taking any sort of offensive posture.
yeah, i dont expect them to attack and all of the preparations showed us traps, blockades and etc for a defensive measure. commenting on the person i quoted because i dont remember them at all saying they will charge their army.. at all.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I dont think they even said their plan of defense/attack other than just to lure out the night king to bran. remember bran taking over the conversation and then everyone just nodding? correct me if im wrong.

Any plan that isn't "AVOID FIGHTING THESE THINGS DIRECTLY FOR AS LONG AS WE POSSIBLY CAN" is one doomed to failure.

From the pictures, Dany and Jon are just watching the battle for a portion of, presumably letting part of their army become undead?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
yeah, i dont expect them to attack and all of the preparations showed us traps, blockades and etc for a defensive measure. commenting on the person i quoted because i dont remember them at all saying they will charge their army.. at all.

There shouldn't be men outside of Winterfell.

Every single dragonglass weapon should be a flaming spear and they should be hurled from under heavy cover, not giving a single soldier to the Night King until he either burns down Winterfell on Viserion or climbs the battlements.

The Lannister army does this in season 7, episode 7. They close the gates and plan to burn as much of Dany's army as they can. It's the right plan.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
They appear to have the Dothraki out front but they could be moving out for some kind of attacks on the flanks. It's after 9 EST now so 4 days left to find out lol.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ned says 500 men can hold Winterfell against 10,000 but holding against a siege would be fruitless because the dead never tire. You cannot win in a war of attrition. You have to be proactive and cut the WW down so that the wights die.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Why would you put the horses in front where they'd be extremely vulnerable to archers.

Footsoldiers that are well protected with armor/shields in front, archers behind them and the horses to the side for use of flanking around the enemy.
Right, classic tactics. I wonder what tactics the NK will employ if any. Dire bear shield wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.