• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Game of Thrones S8, Apr 14-May 19 @9PM EDT |OT| Aunt-Man and the Frost

Dec 14, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Promoting PIracy
Is there anywhere I can get it in 4k? Can't find on my usual source, I guess 4k comes only when Bluray release hits?

Sep 21, 2018
Some really bad writing in that episode.

Been catching up by watching all the series’ before 8 starts on Blu-ray, and seeing it on sky has been a letdown in quality, which although expected, is just nasty to the eye.

Oct 27, 2017
What's holding up the white walkers? It used to be the wall. Now we are many days in after the wall broke and the dead should be marching south without rest.

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the continued bitter and jealous Sansa. Yes, she probably should have been handed Queen of the North over Jon, but she was the one who threw it at him in the first place so she could have Winterfell from what I recall. All this talk from Arya how Sansa's the smartest individual and all, and yet she's trying to flex her intrigue muscles among the North's court because Jon has a beautiful queen at his side, dragons, and possibly everything else she dreamed to have when she was stuck in her fairy tales and pining for Joffrey. It of course is a smart play taken from Cercei's and Littlefinger's books, but only if you ignore the whole reason they are attempting to amass the North. The only smart aspect on display from her was in cutting down Tyrion, who like-wise has lost his wits between publicly announcing the Lannister 'alliance' himself to the Northern court and in trusting Cercei.

Everything else was fairly solid. Good reunions all around, including the silent one at the end between Bran and Jaime. The Theon's breakout of Yara was rather simple, but that could be handwaved as both Euron's and Cercei's arrogance of not expecting a small force to strike the ships for a single prisoner. There's been far worse done in the show with not even a logical explanation to be inferred of them. Same with Cercei and Bronn. A bit odd knowing Bronn and the two are rather close beyond a working relationship, but Cercei is banking on the mercenary-side that Bronn makes no secret of. Just from her p.o.v., it's a pretty solid play.

Edd being alive is great, and it will be a welcome for him, Beric, and Tormund to be a part of everything still. Wasn't keen on the message left, as it isn't something that anyone was already unaware of (except maybe Arya, Sansa, Lyanna, and the one dude who was standing by Lyanna). It was a tense, creepy scene though, so props there.

The time before the battle hits will be interesting. Much of the North dislikes Daenerys and turning against Jon. Jaime Lannister is arriving to not only face Daenerys for killing her father, King Aerys V, but also for his actions against House Stark. His reveal of the planned Lannister betrayal will also put Tyrion in a bad position, and further fragment that of Jon's. Then there's Jon who now knows his lineage and will have to tell Daenerys, who will not take well to suddenly having the claim rug pulled out from underneath her (Despite the fact they're into each other, could marry, and still hold the throne together). So with Sansa trying to play her game against Jon, and Daenerys likely cooling on their relationship, things are going to be rough among them as the dead armies fall upon them.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah I know. The times and distances in the show just confuse me.
well you could argue they didn't attempt going to the wall until then because they needed the extra army at Hardhome, and they were waiting for the dragon to make a passage (the NK probably has foresight similar to Bran).

They are going from the wall to Winterfell in 2 episodes which is pretty fast all things considered.

Jan 17, 2018
shame it took a whole episode to inform jon of his lineage

coulda saved us that corny dragon ride and another cringe incest scene.

other than that, it was alright.

Oct 30, 2017
Corny lines i found

• She is the smartest person i have met
  • I am going to put a prince in your belly
  • Then keep your queen warm
  • Did you bend the knee because you love her?

Jan 17, 2018
Corny lines i found

• She is the smartest person i have met
  • I am going to put a prince in your belly
  • Then keep your queen warm
  • Did you bend the knee because you love her?
yikes
really just waiting for the big fights and the ending at this point. dialogue/character interactions used to be such a massive draw for me.

like who here really buys the jon/dany relationship. feels like they've barely developed it and all of a sudden... love!

May 31, 2018
If the Lannisters start having all their prisoners raped then Daenerys should too? You're setting the bar low.

And, yes, I am applying 20th century concepts because I was born at the close of the 20th century. You can view things through a 20th century lens when you read a medieval story and rightfully call it out for being fucked up.

I'm not saying I don't understand that ruthlessness isn't par of the course. I'm just calling a square a square.

But regardless, you don't generally murder nobles who are prisoners of war because they're useful to keep around whether it be ransoms or for exchanges of prisoners.

If you murder your prisoners then the other side might murder their prisoners too in retaliation.
youre buggng. im sarting to feel that or some people even if they died during the battle dany would be a monster. just admit yall have a soft spot for sam and dany made your boy cry

Oct 25, 2017
'straya
Solid episode minus the typical "TV writing" but I've mostly got over that by now. I really wish Winterfell gets attacked next episode because if it doesn't I'm not sure I'm going to like how this series is going to end off. I need absolute despair long before they finally manage to beat the White Walkers.

Ah yes, it almost slipped by, this is the episode Jon found out he fucked his Aunt XD

Jan 16, 2019
youre buggng. im sarting to feel that or some people even if they died during the battle dany would be a monster. just admit yall have a soft spot for sam and dany made your boy cry
Amazing they are so touched by Sam's tears yet completely forget his father at the very least was a massive cunt, and his brother made his own decision to die at his fathers side

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing they are so touched by Sam's tears yet completely forget his father at the very least was a massive cunt, and his brother made his own decision to die at his fathers side
Family relationships are complicated like that though, I know that personally.
I get it, Dany had to show she's tough as nails and won't let some punk lord disobey her.
I still stand by the opinion that Dany should've used caution and listened to Tyrion's advice. I'm just glad that there are consequences here.
I can accept Randyll being executed, even Sam did. His brother being burnt as well is what tipped him over though.
They seriously should've held Dickon prisoner.

Expecting him to be cool with it is ridiculous.

Oct 25, 2017
If people think this is boring and slow.

Just watch the last two episodes.

All action. who needs context to a story when everything is Michael Bay

Oct 27, 2017
What's holding up the white walkers? It used to be the wall. Now we are many days in after the wall broke and the dead should be marching south without rest.
Remember back at the beginning of the series when they didn’t cut travel times from the show, it was a trek to get from Winterfell to Castle Black, it took Jon Snow and his uncle and all a while to get there. And the castle where the wall was broken is much further than that, the furthest that the wall extends. They have plenty of time for fun dragon times and intrigue before a slowly shambling army reaches them, even one that slowly shambles 24 hours per day.

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say I'm a little impressed with this episode. My main gripe with the last season was how it felt like a fanfiction at times, characters we've been following since the start casually bumping into each other, talking to each other with no weight to it. I thought it was much, much better this episode, with some really nice moments and some emotion behind it. It helps that the whole situation they are in the show kind of justifies all these reunions, but most of them were really well done, and tasteful.

So yeah I thought this was a clear step up from season 7 so far. Granted my expectations are super low now when it comes to the show, I'm mostly here to enjoy the spectacle of it and not think to hard about the details, but credit where credit is due.

May 31, 2018
Family relationships are complicated like that though, I know that personally.
I get it, Dany had to show she's tough as nails and won't let some punk lord disobey her.
I still stand by the opinion that Dany should've used caution and listened to Tyrion's advice. I'm just glad that there are consequences here.
I can accept Randyll being executed, even Sam did. His brother being burnt as well is what tipped him over though.
They seriously should've held Dickon prisoner.

Expecting him to be cool with it is ridiculous.
where. why. for how long? to what end?

you guys arent thinking this through. Sansa should have kept ramsey prisoner.....or i guess its ok to kill people who arent related to sam....ohhh sam. Poor sam! fuck randyll and dickon. Im sure dany would do it again if she coould. For long may she reign.

Oct 25, 2017
So Roberts rebellion began after Brandon stark and his dad were killed and the mad king demanded jon ayryn send Ned and robbert to him

Why was he cornwed king and not Ned when it was a rebellion and war of conquest anyway

Well robert baratheon had a targ grandmother

So he technically still inherited through targ blood line

Which makes queen cersei make even less sense
I don't think this is the reason. Robert became the king because he wanted to, Ned didn't. The Targaryn themselves got the crown through conquest.

Oct 29, 2017
They're doing a thing where you're obviously supposed to cheer for Dany when she sacks Mereen because slavery is bad. But then once she conquers it you realize she has no idea how to deal with a culture she never grew up in and she kind of ruins the entire city and then leaves because she's bored. Now she's doing the same thing in Westeros but without any moral high ground to stand on. She doesn't know anyone in Westeros, none of them know her, and she's just murdering people because of something her crazy brother told her.
It all hinges on the idea that Dany can rule Westeros because her family has, because she is “Blood of the dragon”. She has been psychologically abused to believe it through her childhood. In the books her struggle with accepting that Fire and Blood is her calling is more obvious, and it’s when everything goes to shit in Mereen and she is almost killed by the harpies that she finally goes “Fire and blood”.

But is Dany truly who she thinks she is? In the books, Quaithe never speaks of her as a Targaryen, in fact most don’t. She is always referred to as “the mother of dragons”.

Remember who you are, Daenerys. The dragons know. Do you?”

Solid first episode, the calm before the storm but still had some cool moments.

Jon riding Rhaegal.
Jon finding out who he really is.
Arya's reunion with Jon, Gendry and The Hound.
Sansa and Tyrion reunion.
Sam finding out his farther and brother are dead.
Tension between Sansa and Daenerys.
Jamie arriving and seeing Bran.
Bronn being asking to kill Jamie and Tyrion.
Tormund, Beric and The Night's Watch find Last Hearth destroyed and little Lord Umber dead, pinned to a wall and also his creepy reanimation.

Can't wait for episode 2 now. Bring on the war.

Oct 27, 2017
I love how Bran knows everybody's internet history.

A bit upset Jon was not worried about the wall being knocked down and the white walkers matching ? he's like, "meh, who cares about castle black, lets ride some dragons ツ "

Oct 25, 2017
where. why. for how long? to what end?

you guys arent thinking this through. Sansa should have kept ramsey prisoner.....or i guess its ok to kill people who arent related to sam....ohhh sam. Poor sam! fuck randyll and dickon. Im sure dany would do it again if she coould. For long may she reign.
hey whatever happened with your roomate btw