• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Whatever happened to that white walker with the ball and chain weapon, was he the original that the tree people made?

Anyone think she will turn her dead dragon back on side?

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Yeah, Sansa was dumb as bricks. Now she has a bit of experience and is overstepping. She's going to cause civil war.

In-story, she's very smart now. If you listen to Benioff and Cogman talk about her, they'll make you question if you're watching the same show as them.

No, it was just her and Maisie Williams that got tats. Maisie got one that says No One.

"You had best run back to your room, little sister. Septa Mordane will surely be lurking. The longer you hide, the sterner the penance. You'll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers."

I used to think that meant she would die too but I doubt it now.

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I also rolled my eyes at "Sansa is the smartest"... like... since when?

Arya you've met Tywin for fuck's sake.
i sort of cringed at that part, but lets not act like she didn't take down the smartest of all the smart people, littlefinger... plus if it wasn't for sansa, jon would have died a second time at battle of the bastards.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
i sort of cringed at that part, but lets not act like she didn't take down the smartest of all the smart people, littlefinger... plus if it wasn't for sansa, jon would have died a second time at battle of the bastards.

Yeah but Arya left hating Sansa, and after spending a couple of weeks with her she's the smartest person ever? Ok

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

I always assumed Bran came to her and told her what was up with Littlefinger, not that she figured it all out on her own.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I think you have to chalk up Arya's "shes the smartest" line as her just attempting to protect her family, like she said. Plus she's just trying to tell Jon that Sansa is right and he should listen to her.

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Yeah but Arya left hating Sansa, and after spending a couple of weeks with her she's the smartest person ever? Ok
i feel like its ridiculous to ever think arya ever really hates Sansa. after all that family has been through, and knowing the kind of upbringing they both had with their father, it was inevitable that they would come to admire each other.

I think you have to chalk up Arya's "shes the smartest" line as her just attempting to protect her family, like she said. Plus she's just trying to tell Jon that Sansa is right and he should listen to her.
this is also true. Probably on over-correction to get jon on board.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
kr58mluh3is21.jpg

Why is Jon kissing Dany's chin?

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Not understanding both her brothers conveying an army of zombies is upon them, one of them who is psychic and can see the future who also told you about LF, is the sign of a dumb fucking character.

Newsflash: all of the Starks are dumb (Bran in his 3ER form being the sole exception). I have 7 seasons of TV and 5 books to use as references if need be. They're dumb asses: Ned, Cat, Robb, Jon, Arya, Sansa- they are/were literally walking mistake factories.

kr58mluh3is21.jpg

Why is Jon kissing Dany's chin?

To keep Rose Leslie from beating the shite out of him.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Watch it again, I liked it a lot more the second time around. It went from an okay episode to a pretty good one.

Also, holy shit @ those ratings.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I also rolled my eyes at "Sansa is the smartest"... like... since when?

Arya you've met Tywin for fuck's sake.
Think she was saying it to make a point, the last thing anyone would ever expect is for Arya of all people to take Sansa's side over Jon's even when it would be reasonable to take Sansa's side. She's basically telling Jon to get his shit together.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh it absolutely is, they tried to show it, but so many people wrote it off as her just killing her enemies. In the books it is quite obvious that she isn't a hero and only craves power.

If people watching the show caught onto the fact she is power hungry, then I don't think they failed, they just didn't make it on the nose until they started to blatantly show the ramifications of her actions.

Which is kinda what I've been saying for a while now, but I'm glad they are going forward with it.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Think she was saying it to make a point, the last thing anyone would ever expect is for Arya of all people to take Sansa's side over Jon's even when it would be reasonable to take Sansa's side. She's basically telling Jon to get his shit together.
That was definitely the intent of the writers to get that message across to the audience but I did think they went a bit TOO hyperbolic. No way anyone in that universe thinks Sansa is the smartest person they've ever met.

Especially when last season Sansa calls herself a slow learner and Littlefinger almost had them killing each other.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017

Arya meant it but not the way many people are taking it. The context of the statement comes from Arya's experiences and what she has come to believe is the smartest way to live. Which is to trust absolutely no one that isn't family. That's the common ground that Sansa and Arya have now. That and to be absolutely ruthless towards those who have done them wrong.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, what do you guys thing the odds are we'll get a scene where the dragons 'choose' Jon over Dany? I think it's quite high after this episode. I don't know the context, it can be anything from staying with him when she leaves, or even refusing her orders to torch him... but I feel like it's coming.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, what do you guys thing the odds are we'll get a scene where the dragons 'choose' Jon over Dany? I think it's quite high after this episode. I don't know the context, it can be anything from staying with him when she leaves, or even refusing her orders to torch him... but I feel like it's coming.

I don't think Drogon will bail on Dany, but Rhaegal is probably linked to him for the rest of the story.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's possible since they did something similar in Avatar when Jake chooses the big one, but he doesn't know the Valyrian commands for the dragons.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how he was raised, and all he's seen, the prospect of someone wanting revenge on him doesn't seem that far fetched does it?

The idiot part comes from apparently not expecting retaliation from the Starks before coming to Winterfell. I guess it just slipped his mind that he attempted to murder Bran.

Then there's Dany probably not being all that cool with him killing his father.

Good luck, Jaime. What is he even doing here, besides coming to the gathering of the heroes.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Drogon won't ditch Dany. They'll probably die together when he gets killed while she's riding him.

I want to see a scene of Ghost staring at Jon every time he's messing around with Rhaegal. Like how Drogon was staring at him last episode.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope the last scene in the show is Dany pooping out a dragon egg that instantly hatches a mini-Jon Snow.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Show Jaime is a complete idiot, then.
The idiot part comes from apparently not expecting retaliation from the Starks before coming to Winterfell. I guess it just slipped his mind that he attempted to murder Bran.

I don't think he's an idiot, I think Jaime is willing to die for his principles that he's trying to live up to. He made a vow to help, so now he's going to do it, even if it puts him in danger.

Going from selfish to selfless has been his whole character arc.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Good luck, Jaime. What is he even doing here, besides coming to the gathering of the heroes.
Fair point.

Status
Not open for further replies.