• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Game of Thrones S8, Apr 14-May 19 @9PM EDT |OT| Aunt-Man and the Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Robert definitely was aware of Gendry. He paid the best blacksmith in Kings Landing double to take Gendry in as an apprentice,
Incorrect, that was Jon Arryn. Robert never gave a flying fuck about his bastards or how many he had out there in the wild. It was Jon Arryn that set the boy up and tracked his progress. Robert definitely kept any distance and knowledge of his bastards away when Cercei threatened to kill anyone she found.

B-Dubs

The Mad Titan
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but only Jon would have a chance of stopping her. She will definitely not listen to Tyrion (at this point after he's shit the bed), not Bran (she has yet to learn about his All Seeing but I doubt he has enough seay even with facts) and definitely not Brienne. She has no sway over Dany. And how invested is Jon in saving Jaime's life? After he reveals Cersei is betraying them there's not much for him to do except join Dany's Westerosi Avengers
But would Jon be cool with her killing someone for saving over a million lives? That goes pretty hard against his entire character arc. He's the type that would probably do what Jamie did in that moment.

Dec 28, 2018
This was oddly slow and lacking in impactful scenes. I get it that they're reintroducing everyone after a full year of absence, but I expected a little more oomph to open up the final season.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Some (Thoros) have used wildfire to set their blades ablaze, but it's extremely volatile and kinda destroys the weapon after prolonged use.

Also you'd have to be a moron or a psychopath to carry even a tiny amount of Wildfire around with you on your goddamn body.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
This was oddly slow and lacking in impactful scenes. I get it that they're reintroducing everyone after a full year of absence, but I expected a little more oomph to open up the final season.
like what?

there were literally countless extremely important reunions, I wouldn't discount them for nothing. overriding the ep with tons of "exciting" moments like Jon riding a dragon would overshadow how crucial all the character interactions are.

Dec 28, 2018
like what?

there were literally countless extremely important reunions, I wouldn't discount them for nothing. overriding the ep with tons of "exciting" moments like Jon riding a dragon would overshadow how crucial all the character interactions are.
I wouldn't take any of those scenes away either, just maybe add another scene as impactful as the burning body parts spiraly thing. Also could easily lose the Jon riding a dragon scenes, those were really cheesy in a bad way.

Oct 28, 2017
Newsflash: all of the Starks are dumb (Bran in his 3ER form being the sole exception). I have 7 seasons of TV and 5 books to use as references if need be. They're dumb asses: Ned, Cat, Robb, Jon, Arya, Sansa- they are/were literally walking mistake factories.
I mean no argument from me there. I just was not subjected to the most drab drama from these stupidity like I am with sansa lol

Oct 26, 2017
Beric Dondarrion is so goddamn fuckin cool mofo bastard. I want him on the Iron Throne. There is no one more badass than him. Although Hound did beat his ass.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't take any of those scenes away either, just maybe add another scene as impactful as the burning body parts spiraly thing. Also could easily lose the Jon riding a dragon scenes, those were really cheesy in a bad way.
"I can show you the world/snowy, shivering, undead/tell me, bastard/now when did you last let your cock decide?"

Oct 29, 2017
What is Dany referring to when she says "You should have never trusted Cersei" and Sansa says "Neither should you" or the other way around? When did Sansa trust Cersei?

Oct 25, 2017
Some (Thoros) have used wildfire to set their blades ablaze, but it's extremely volatile and kinda destroys the weapon after prolonged use.

Also you'd have to be a moron or a psychopath to carry even a tiny amount of Wildfire around with you on your goddamn body.
Thoros didn’t use magic for his?

Oct 27, 2017
But would Jon be cool with her killing someone for saving over a million lives? That goes pretty hard against his entire character arc. He's the type that would probably do what Jamie did in that moment.
Yeah but that's only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Jaime's fuckery throughout the show

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but that's only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Jaime's fuckery throughout the show
At the same time: does the Northern Coalition really have the ability to be choosy about who wants to help them, especially when they're one of the best swordsmen in Westeros and bringing a Valyrian sword with them?

Oct 26, 2017
I would have traded some reunions for others, restrained the hall discussion, and definitely traded the dragon scene for most anything, but I liked the episode. It's certainly better in terms of characters and storytelling than what we got most of the last few seasons.

Sam and Arya were the MVPs, but Sansa's line about thinking Tyrion was the cleverest man in the Seven Kingdoms was a zinger.

The fool who almost tried to kill Arya last season due to obvious manipulation from Baelish
I'm still not clear as to whether that was misdirection for viewers (with no in-universe explanation), misdirection for Littlefinger (and his spies?), or the sisters actually falling for it (until Bran told them).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wish they weren't doing this whole Sansa mistrusting Dany plotline, which I can't imagine will have a lot of airtime what with there only being 5 episodes left but still. One of my main issues with season 7 was that I felt like her drama with Arya felt like a retread with her not trusting Jon in season 7 and now they're doing it for a third time with Dany.

I get that there needs to be some drama behind what's happening other than just the white walkers but I wish it was something different.

Jan 6, 2018
What is Dany referring to when she says "You should have never trusted Cersei" and Sansa says "Neither should you" or the other way around? When did Sansa trust Cersei?
S1. Sansa told Cersi that they were leaving Kings Landing and asked her to help them stay so she could marry Joffery

This directly led to Ned's Death

Oct 27, 2017
Was that burning arm corpse thing a reference to that wheel metaphor Dany mentioned a couple things back?

That legit gave me a jump when they kid started screaming lol

Oct 25, 2017
Was that burning arm corpse thing a reference to that wheel metaphor Dany mentioned a couple things back?

That legit gave me a jump when they kid started screaming lol
The white walkers/NK have made that pattern several times, it's roughly the pattern the children of the forest were standing in when they created the NK.

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
In the books got 10 plotlines locations
dany
Young griff
Dorne
Kings landing
The riverlands
The vale
The iron islands
The north
And the wall and beyond
And arya
Now 5 of those I think will converge

Young griff will kill cersia and tommonlen and defeat lannister rule of kings landing

Dorne will support

S ansa will marry him and little finger will become hand to think king after Jon conington dies.

Brienne will die in the river lands, to save Jaime, Jaime will return to kings landing, kill Cersei, then go to the wall and become the 1000th and final lord commander

Stannis beats the boltons will either die to the other or to dany

Dany will have 2 villians before the other, young griff and euron

No idea how arya will factor besides killing lady stone heart.