• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sansa played little finger ... i mean, if that doesnt present her growth then idk what to tell you.
The whole imagine every scenario, everyone is your enemy, everyone is your friend scenario is really confusing me.
Did she take LF advice after she killed him or is she like, ur dead ur advice is no longer valid
OZ20eR5PCi33AGj4J1BVhjk97dbR4fyocLukFx_GLmY.jpg

Arya and Sansa would have killed each other over dumb shit had Bran not tipped them off. S7 was all kinds of dumb.
T.T

Oct 27, 2017
Lol she didn't outplay anybody she was getting successfully trolled by Littlefinger until she asked Bran what was up who told her everything
Do you remember when this happens? I watched the last two episodes of season 7 last weekend and don't remember this. I thought the show went full on with the Sansa-Arya fake out until Littlefinger's death reveal. I don't recall Bran tipping Sansa off beforehand.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe petty infighting is an actual plot point they're going for

Pretty much none of them have seen walkers so they still don't get it. They aren't going just abandon all schools of thought in regards to leadership and the "game of thrones" per se when that is all they know. They will abandon those trite concerns quickly though when the zombies come.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
Do you remember when this happens? I watched the last two episodes of season 7 last weekend and don't remember this. I thought the show went full on with the Sansa-Arya fake out until Littlefinger's death reveal.

It's in an interview with isaac Wright

It was a deleted scene, but even if it wasn't in the final cut that is how the writers intended those events to play out.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Lol she didn't outplay anybody she was getting successfully trolled by Littlefinger until she asked Bran what was up who told her everything

Thats...not how it happened.

Sansa, Bran and Arya played Littlefinger like a fiddle the whole time leading to the "How do you answer to these charges....Lord Baelish" moment. They knew what he was trying to do the entire time. It was all a show. All of it. Bran knew he was full of shit from the start because of the "Chaos is a ladder line" That was them telling the viewers "Bran Knows everything!" which means Sansa and Arya knew as well. Everything was a show to trick Littlefinger into exposing himself and digging himself in deeper to the point where he couldn't crawl back out.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
The whole imagine every scenario, everyone is your enemy, everyone is your friend scenario is really confusing me.
Did she take LF advice after she killed him or is she like, ur dead ur advice is no longer valid

T.T
perhaps in this story, the student supasses the teacher - how many times did little finger look fake af on screen but then the scheme was shown later?
why cant sansa do this. i think the showrunners had that intention and it was successful imo.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
Thats...not how it happened.

Sansa, Bran and Arya played Littlefinger like a fiddle the whole time leading to the "How do you answer to these charges....Lord Baelish" moment. They knew what he was trying to do the entire time. It was all a show. All of it.

See post above. That was not how that plotline was supposed to be read.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
If it didn't make it into the show then it doesn't count. You can't include deleted scenes and then expect the audience to know better.

It was cut and therefore it doesn't matter. So no thats not how it happened.

i suppose, but you can't actually prove that it was just an act either. it's just how you're choosing to read the scene.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
i suppose, but you can't actually prove that it was just an act either. it's just how you're choosing to read the scene.

I can though by just watching the show and paying attention. There is more than enough evidence to suggest it was all an act and it was all planned.

Literally all you do is have to watch the episodes and its easy to see it that way. You deleted scene means squat compared to what actually aired.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
I can though by just watching the show and paying attention. There is more than enough evidence to suggest it was all an act and it was all planned.

Literally all you do is have to watch the episodes and its easy to see it that way. You deleted scene means squat compared to what actually aired.

lol i guess you were also probably one of those guys who bought into those lame ass arya bravos theories because what actually happened in the show was too stupid for people to accept

you really want to base your argument on a deleted scene no one remembers but you? okay. LOL
next step confirmed.

do you want me to just link the quote? here

It's clear after Sansa turns the tables on Littlefinger that she has had some sort of conversation with Bran, but we don't get to see it. When did it take place?
We actually did a scene that clearly got cut, a short scene with Sansa where she knocks on Bran's door and says, "I need your help," or something along those lines. So basically, as far as I know, the story was that it suddenly occurred to Sansa that she had a huge CCTV department at her discretion and it might be a good idea to check with him first before she guts her own sister. So she goes to Bran, and Bran tells her everything she needs to know, and she's like, "Oh, s—."

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
Sansa played little finger ... i mean, if that doesnt present her growth then idk what to tell you.
That's what sucked about the LF defeat. Its one of my least favorite things in TV shows where instead of using good writing to make the lead masterfully intelligent they just make people who are supposed to be masterfully intelligent act dumb and then have the lead outwit the halfwit. LFs machinations with Arya and Sansa were several tiers below how he acted in previous seasons.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is the same girl who over the past few season has learned to "play the game" from Littlefinger and got so good at it that she outplayed him last season. Not only did she outplay him, but she was able to fool Littlefinger to his face by faking emotions. All of this happening towards a person who sold her to a sadist and betrayed her whole family for years. A betrayal that resulted in the deaths of her Brother, Father, and Mother. Yet she still played her role perfectly and never gave anything away. Thats not even mentioning all the times we watched her keep her emotions in check while being a prisoner at the Red Keep. Being polite even to those she utterly loathed and had every right to hate.

To be fair, she didn't so much outplay Littlefinger as him basically being an outward scheming asshole in front of her for the past 4 seasons or so.

She literally knew among other things that
- he was involved to some degree in the framing of her father (and did not help him get out)
- he was involved in forcing her hand to write a letter to Rob, creating a compromising document against her
- he organized Joffrey's poisoning, and framed Tyrion -and- her for it
- he, although saying he loved her mother, tried to molest her repeatedly and switched his story to "now it's you I love"
- he assassinated her Aunt in the Eyrie right in front of her, and then usurped power in the Vale
- he got her to lie to the lords of the Vale to save his skin
- he sold her to the Boltons to gain leverage in the North
- he repeatedly and fairly obviously tried to turn her against Jon, and then Arya
- I wouldn't even be surprised if it has been his idea to tell Sansa to keep quiet about the Vale knight reinforcements, let Jon go in the front line with Wildlings and see what happens

Still, Bran was needed at the end for her to piece it all together, revealing LF's involvment in the death of Jon Aryn, Stark/ Lannister hostilities, Bran assassination attempt and framing, Betrayal of Ned...

Smartest person in the 7 kingdoms ? Right!

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
That's what sucked about the LF defeat. Its one of my least favorite things in TV shows where instead of using good writing to make the lead masterfully intelligent they just make people who are supposed to be masterfully intelligent act dumb and then have the lead outwit the halfwit. LFs machinations with Arya and Sansa were several tiers below how he acted in previous seasons.
perhaps he thought of them as children, like how he had control over the kid who ruled the vale? but i guess if its upsetting he didnt use his power 3000 on them, sorry?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wait people think sansa outplayed little finger? We know from scenes they filmed that it was only because of bran that she realized she was being manipulated. Lol

I love you keep using this to justify your positions as if you're the only one who has watched the show. The fact that sansa was written to have to go to bran and then they even filmed it evidences that at no point was that series of events being set up by arya and sansa.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Arya and Sansa would have killed each other over dumb shit had Bran not tipped them off. S7 was all kinds of dumb.
I never read that plot like that. What is the evidence that they were being fooled if not for Bran?
you really want to base your argument on a deleted scene no one remembers but you? okay. LOL
next step confirmed.
What deleted scene?

I watched S7 without any special deleted scenes and my interpretation was that Sansa and Arya were both suspicious of him, and maybe they confirmed their suspicions with Bran, but didn't strictly rely on him.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Makes no sense to me if Littlefinger is essentially tipped of that Bran is God-tier overseer and still goes ahead with his plot.

Littlefinger might have wondered how Bran would have known that line, but there was no reason for him to think that Bran had the ability to see everything he's ever said anywhere. I mean magic is back, but Baelish hasn't actually seen the Dragons or White Walkers, so all he has is second hand tales of this stuff and omniscience is a big step beyond that. He probably could have easily written it off as Varys telling the Starks it just to unnerve him - I imagine in their time at Kings Landing Varys and Littlefinger did a lot of things behind the scenes that were hard to explain.

As for Sansa/Arya, my read is that they really were a bit at each others throats for a while and it wasn't all an act (an act for who? no little birds in the north...), but at the same time they were both giving off lots of clues to the other that despite the mistrust they're still family and that comes first. Neither trusted Littlefinger, and the whole fight was more about Arya's anger than Sansa. The lying game and handing Sansa the dagger were both big clues that Arya was feeling out and quietly leading Sansa. Plus, again, family first.

They might have had Bran as a crutch written in at some point, but I just presumed that as sisters they managed to read each other well enough that they both came to the same conclusion by the end. I don't presume they ever actually talked it out before Lord Baelish's execution scene, but instead by then they both knew what needed to be done without saying it out loud.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I never read that plot like that. What is the evidence that they were being fooled if not for Bran?

What deleted scene?

I watched S7 without any special deleted scenes and my interpretation was that Sansa and Arya were both suspicious of him, and maybe they confirmed their suspicions with Bran, but didn't strictly rely on him.
id what scene it is, but that poster in here keeps referring to it like it's the crusp of why little finger was brought down.
they are pretty angry and used a website that has no text on their argument. love the ignore list. lol

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
I reckon (and sorry if this has already been speculated) that:

1. Bran will ask for Jaime to be spared, as he's seen what role he plays in the Endgame (sorry!)
2. Bronn will join the fight using the crossbow with the arrows we saw Gendry creating out of dragon glass

That's all I have at the moment...

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
It was a deleted scene, but even if it wasn't in the final cut that is how the writers intended those events to play out.
Perhaps that's how they initially intended it, but if they omitted the scene it could also be because they changed their mind and they wanted the plotline to come across as the sisters having figured it out on their own.

Then again, it is D&D, and giving credit to male characters for what the women in the books do on their own is certainly their MO.... hmmm 🤔

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
lol where did you prove me wrong

You mean other than all of the scenes that actually made it into the show and how most people interpreted them?

Based on what was shown it only takes basic common sense to figure out what happened behind the scenes. I don't understand why you are trying so hard to pretend otherwise.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
perhaps he thought of them as children, like how he had control over the kid who ruled the vale? but i guess if its upsetting he didnt use his power 3000 on them, sorry?
It was just poorly written. For a character who had been pulling the strings of almost the entire plot of the show up till that point to just unravel so easily was disappointing, the equivalent of Selmy getting killed by a small group of amateurs, but if Selmy had been a much bigger part of the show and shown his prowess repeatedly.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
Not even 10 minutes into the episode, it's all doom and gloom, everyone needs to unite to fight the Night King or life will end as we know it..."THIS IS NOT MY QUEEN WHY ARE YOU NOT KING WHAT TITLE DO YOU HOLD WHY DID YOU BEND YOUR KNEE ETC ETC" same old shit of titles and positions with these people.

Wipe them all out.

#teamnightking

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
I reckon (and sorry if this has already been speculated) that:

1. Bran will ask for Jaime to be spared, as he's seen what role he plays in the Endgame (sorry!)
2. Bronn will join the fight using the crossbow with the arrows we saw Gendry creating out of dragon glass

That's all I have at the moment...
oo number 2 sounds good!

I am interested to see the interaction between Jamie and Dany.

i have a feeling that in the longest battle, it will boil down to a group vs the night king. while the night king just kills one after another, one of the starks lands a killing blow and the whole army goes down.

then you see the golden company on the horizon ..

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That deleted scene means they wrote the plot that way, filmed it, and then when cutting it added nothing in to evidence sansa nor arya knew what was happening. I'd imagine if they wanted to reverse course and change how it was written they would have added in something to indicate that and they didnt. And when even the actors are saying bran was responsible for this maybe your interpretation isnt as strong as you think.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
My reading of the Littlefinger situation wasn't that they were playing him the whole time, but that he sort of overplayed his hand in the scene where he is leading Sansa along the "worst thing imaginable" path. Sansa had wisened up enough to not really trust him by that point, but that was the fatal error on Littlefinger's part that made Sansa realize he had to go. Instead of convincing her that Arya wanted to kill her and replace her, Sansa realized that Littlefinger would benefit from Arya's death (as she was a threat to his influence over Sansa) and was thus trying to make it happen. That combined with the fact that Sansa probably knows that Arya would never actually want to be the Lady of Winterfell caused Littlefinger's effort to backfire spectacularly.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
Perhaps that's how they initially intended it, but if they omitted the scene it could also be because they changed their mind and they wanted the plotline to come across as the sisters having figured it out on their own.

Then again, it is D&D, and giving credit to male characters for what the women in the books do on their own is certainly their MO.... hmmm 🤔

certainly possible

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not even 10 minutes into the episode, it's all doom and gloom, everyone needs to unite to fight the Night King or life will end as we know it..."THIS IS NOT MY QUEEN WHY ARE YOU NOT KING WHAT TITLE DO YOU HOLD WHY DID YOU BEND YOUR KNEE ETC ETC" same old shit of titles and positions with these people.

Wipe them all out.

#teamnightking
Yeah the north are gonna get wiped and I won't shed a tear
I want the unsullied to bail on these ungrateful fucks

James Darmody

Nov 22, 2018
To be fair, she didn't so much outplay Littlefinger as him basically being an outward scheming asshole in front of her for the past 4 seasons or so.

She literally knew among other things that
- he was involved to some degree in the framing of her father (and did not help him get out)
- he was involved in forcing her hand to write a letter to Rob, creating a compromising document against her
- he organized Joffrey's poisoning, and framed Tyrion -and- her for it
- he, although saying he loved her mother, tried to molest her repeatedly and switched his story to "now it's you I love"
- he assassinated her Aunt in the Eyrie right in front of her, and then usurped power in the Vale
- he got her to lie to the lords of the Vale to save his skin
- he sold her to the Boltons to gain leverage in the North
- he repeatedly and fairly obviously tried to turn her against Jon, and then Arya
- I wouldn't even be surprised if it has been his idea to tell Sansa to keep quiet about the Vale knight reinforcements, let Jon go in the front line with Wildlings and see what happens

Still, Bran was needed at the end for her to piece it all together, revealing LF's involvment in the death of Jon Aryn, Stark/ Lannister hostilities, Bran assassination attempt and framing, Betrayal of Ned...

Smartest person in the 7 kingdoms ? Right!

What's tragic is on the rewatch, it seemed like Sansa was aware of LFs machinations and delusions of the Throne, especially that scene where Sansa tells LF that his dream is a pretty picture LOL! so basically...LF slipped up here. LFs downfall is telegraphed from Season 6E10. It's frustrating to see Sansa behave like she does in S07 after knowing all this.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Wipe them all out.

#teamnightking
Amen. The north are a bunch of morons who deserve to die

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
They really should have done fAegon instead of butchering Dorne. Even in the books, Dorne felt pretty minor, and just a supporting story for Dany and fAegon. Basically just showing Dorne playing both sides of the Dance of Dragons 2.0. Quentyn died anyway without making a single difference, and maybe Aurienne actually does something interesting for fAegon's plot, but I doubt it.

Oberyn's popularity basically forced them to do Dorne.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wipe them all out.

#teamnightking
giphy-7.gif

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Wipe them all out.

#teamnightking
Someone needs to make a meme shop with all the characters in WF arguing in the courtyard and Jon and Bran on the side looking at them saying "Maybe we don't deserve to live".

Nov 3, 2017

Wipe them all out.

#teamnightking

RJVHqZi.gif

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Even IF Sansa and Arya did not know about Littlefinger's plan from the time we saw Bran make the "Chaos is a Ladder" line (which is a big fucking if considering how open Bran is with his information) Even IF that were the case that wouldn't change the fact that Sansa was able to organize an entire mock trial for Arya and inform literally everyone else of importance at Winterfell of her intentions and yet Littlefinger still had no idea what was happening until it was too late. Its still Sansa outsmarting Littlefinger at his own game. Which was the point of my original statement.

It shows a certain amount of intelligence, patience, and political maneuvering on her part. All of which was completely absent in the first episode. Which means I am still right in saying that her behavior is out of the ordinary given what we know about her character and what she has shown herself to be capable of.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Dorne are supposed to become a big player in the books. They had to do it. They just completely botched that arc.
Funnily enough GRRM somewhat botched Dorne himself too, also in trying to recreate what made Oberyn work. "Darkstar" wound up being lame as fuck, and the rest of it was all rather dull.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oberyn's popularity basically forced them to do Dorne.
Yeah, I know, but it doesn't change the fact that Dorne without fAegon was doomed to fail. They took the weakest part of the books, completely changed its plot so nothing was the same, and somehow made it worse. Honestly, if that is the reason we didn't get fAegon D&D really fucked up. Skipping a huge plot point for fucking Dorne even with Oberyn's popularity was just stupid.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

T.T

She literally said she thanks him for all his advice and such before killing him. She got his Mega Man power.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funnily enough GRRM somewhat botched Dorne himself too, also in trying to recreate what made Oberyn work. "Darkstar" wound up being lame as fuck, and the rest of it was all rather dull.
I think it's still underdeveloped in the books, but I quite like some parts of it. The whole quentyn stuff is eh.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
The writers probably didn't put too much thought into Sansa/Dany. Another powerful woman that just so happens to be pretty is rolling up in Sansa's stomping grounds and is taking over. The daughter of the man who killed her grandfather and uncle just so happens to get Jon to drop his claim as king. She knows Jon is attracted to her.

It could be more complex and perhaps Bran told her something but I doubt the show is going to spend more time on it than that. The writers probably decided to let the audience take it at face value.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.