• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
If the Lannisters start having all their prisoners raped then Daenerys should too? You're setting the bar low.

And, yes, I am applying 20th century concepts because I was born at the close of the 20th century. You can view things through a 20th century lens when you read a medieval story and rightfully call it out for being fucked up.

I'm not saying I don't understand that ruthlessness isn't par of the course. I'm just calling a square a square.

But regardless, you don't generally murder nobles who are prisoners of war because they're useful to keep around whether it be ransoms or for exchanges of prisoners.

If you murder your prisoners then the other side might murder their prisoners too in retaliation.
youre buggng. im sarting to feel that or some people even if they died during the battle dany would be a monster. just admit yall have a soft spot for sam and dany made your boy cry

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Good episode. Not a lot happened but a lot is being set up.

A lot of character dynamics were interesting and I'm looking forward to see where it leads.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Solid episode minus the typical "TV writing" but I've mostly got over that by now. I really wish Winterfell gets attacked next episode because if it doesn't I'm not sure I'm going to like how this series is going to end off. I need absolute despair long before they finally manage to beat the White Walkers.

Ah yes, it almost slipped by, this is the episode Jon found out he fucked his Aunt XD

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
youre buggng. im sarting to feel that or some people even if they died during the battle dany would be a monster. just admit yall have a soft spot for sam and dany made your boy cry

Amazing they are so touched by Sam's tears yet completely forget his father at the very least was a massive cunt, and his brother made his own decision to die at his fathers side

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
r/freefolk is great at memes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/c...anthusiasm/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

1i37gc4r8cs21.jpg

202ak8bc4cs21.jpg

t3ijrud1dcs21.png

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing they are so touched by Sam's tears yet completely forget his father at the very least was a massive cunt, and his brother made his own decision to die at his fathers side
Family relationships are complicated like that though, I know that personally.
I get it, Dany had to show she's tough as nails and won't let some punk lord disobey her.
I still stand by the opinion that Dany should've used caution and listened to Tyrion's advice. I'm just glad that there are consequences here.
I can accept Randyll being executed, even Sam did. His brother being burnt as well is what tipped him over though.
They seriously should've held Dickon prisoner.

Expecting him to be cool with it is ridiculous.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
If people think this is boring and slow.

Just watch the last two episodes.

All action. who needs context to a story when everything is Michael Bay

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
What's holding up the white walkers? It used to be the wall. Now we are many days in after the wall broke and the dead should be marching south without rest.
Remember back at the beginning of the series when they didn't cut travel times from the show, it was a trek to get from Winterfell to Castle Black, it took Jon Snow and his uncle and all a while to get there. And the castle where the wall was broken is much further than that, the furthest that the wall extends. They have plenty of time for fun dragon times and intrigue before a slowly shambling army reaches them, even one that slowly shambles 24 hours per day.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say I'm a little impressed with this episode. My main gripe with the last season was how it felt like a fanfiction at times, characters we've been following since the start casually bumping into each other, talking to each other with no weight to it. I thought it was much, much better this episode, with some really nice moments and some emotion behind it. It helps that the whole situation they are in the show kind of justifies all these reunions, but most of them were really well done, and tasteful.

So yeah I thought this was a clear step up from season 7 so far. Granted my expectations are super low now when it comes to the show, I'm mostly here to enjoy the spectacle of it and not think to hard about the details, but credit where credit is due.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Family relationships are complicated like that though, I know that personally.
I get it, Dany had to show she's tough as nails and won't let some punk lord disobey her.
I still stand by the opinion that Dany should've used caution and listened to Tyrion's advice. I'm just glad that there are consequences here.
I can accept Randyll being executed, even Sam did. His brother being burnt as well is what tipped him over though.
They seriously should've held Dickon prisoner.

Expecting him to be cool with it is ridiculous.
where. why. for how long? to what end?

you guys arent thinking this through. Sansa should have kept ramsey prisoner.....or i guess its ok to kill people who arent related to sam....ohhh sam. Poor sam! fuck randyll and dickon. Im sure dany would do it again if she coould. For long may she reign.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
So Roberts rebellion began after Brandon stark and his dad were killed and the mad king demanded jon ayryn send Ned and robbert to him

Why was he cornwed king and not Ned when it was a rebellion and war of conquest anyway

Well robert baratheon had a targ grandmother

So he technically still inherited through targ blood line

Which makes queen cersei make even less sense
I don't think this is the reason. Robert became the king because he wanted to, Ned didn't. The Targaryn themselves got the crown through conquest.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They're doing a thing where you're obviously supposed to cheer for Dany when she sacks Mereen because slavery is bad. But then once she conquers it you realize she has no idea how to deal with a culture she never grew up in and she kind of ruins the entire city and then leaves because she's bored. Now she's doing the same thing in Westeros but without any moral high ground to stand on. She doesn't know anyone in Westeros, none of them know her, and she's just murdering people because of something her crazy brother told her.

It all hinges on the idea that Dany can rule Westeros because her family has, because she is "Blood of the dragon". She has been psychologically abused to believe it through her childhood. In the books her struggle with accepting that Fire and Blood is her calling is more obvious, and it's when everything goes to shit in Mereen and she is almost killed by the harpies that she finally goes "Fire and blood".

But is Dany truly who she thinks she is? In the books, Quaithe never speaks of her as a Targaryen, in fact most don't. She is always referred to as "the mother of dragons".

"Remember who you are, Daenerys. The dragons know. Do you?"

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Solid first episode, the calm before the storm but still had some cool moments.

Jon riding Rhaegal.
Jon finding out who he really is.
Arya's reunion with Jon, Gendry and The Hound.
Sansa and Tyrion reunion.
Sam finding out his farther and brother are dead.
Tension between Sansa and Daenerys.
Jamie arriving and seeing Bran.
Bronn being asking to kill Jamie and Tyrion.
Tormund, Beric and The Night's Watch find Last Hearth destroyed and little Lord Umber dead, pinned to a wall and also his creepy reanimation.

Can't wait for episode 2 now. Bring on the war.

Silentbomber

Oct 27, 2017
I love how Bran knows everybody's internet history.

A bit upset Jon was not worried about the wall being knocked down and the white walkers matching ? he's like, "meh, who cares about castle black, lets ride some dragons ツ "

Kahoots

Feb 15, 2018
When it isn't cringe its boring. If season 1 had been this quality it never would have developed a following.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
where. why. for how long? to what end?

you guys arent thinking this through. Sansa should have kept ramsey prisoner.....or i guess its ok to kill people who arent related to sam....ohhh sam. Poor sam! fuck randyll and dickon. Im sure dany would do it again if she coould. For long may she reign.
hey whatever happened with your roomate btw

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
I can't believe how boring this was.

Yet another episode where nothing happens.

The series is a straight up soap opera at this point:

- static backdrop
- 2-3 characters
- witty banter
- "chemistry"
- cheap romance and rivalry

Every scene last night was just that. Gendry ships Arya. Skeevy ship guy ships Cersei. Danaerys and Jon have a kiss. Danaerys and Sansa hate each other.

It's a stark contrast from the first season. There was a plot that moved and everything was in service to that, the establishment and development of characters was strongly tied to the plot and so too the worldbuilding. This episode, like many before it, wasn't that. It was "hey, remember Gendry. He's a blacksmith! Hey, did you know Jon loves Danaerys, for really real! Hey, Sansa doesn't like Danaerys!"

It's blunt, clumsy, plodding, and boring.

If this season goes like the last several, eventually all this will be punctuated by a blatantly forewarned set piece battle with more plotholes and meaningless noise than you can imagine. And we're supposed to care because of all the "witty banter" and "chemistry". Worse, it will be setup by someone straight up stating "hey, we're going to have a big battle now. Get ready!"

This episode felt very much like the last several seasons, and that isn't a good thing. Yeah, I'm still interested in seeing the white walker story unfold. Yeah, I'll be entertained by the big dumb brainless battle. Yeah, I want to see who sits the iron throne at the end (if there even is one). But the show stopped being remarkable a long time ago.

Last edited:

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Any significance to Aryas weapon request of Gendry? I couldn't even make out what kind of weapon it was.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I can't believe the show started with another cock and balls joke from tyrion too. The show is written like a parody of itself

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
To defeat the night king Jon will have to light his sword by penetrating Dany, her inner fire power something something Azor Ahai. Hope im wrong.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She shows him the dagger, what she asked for is a gun-like device that fires dragonglass

Some of ya'll were playing Candy crush while watching and it shows. :P
can't like i kinda checked out at Jon and Dany's Dragon Waterfall Vacation

Oct 30, 2017
So did the NK place all those limbs on the wall or did he make his cronies do it? How does a writer(s) not think that through? That seems completely out of character.

Anyway, had a smile on my face the whole time through. So good to have this back.

Deleted member 25712

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Remember back at the beginning of the series when they didn't cut travel times from the show, it was a trek to get from Winterfell to Castle Black, it took Jon Snow and his uncle and all a while to get there. And the castle where the wall was broken is much further than that, the furthest that the wall extends. They have plenty of time for fun dragon times and intrigue before a slowly shambling army reaches them, even one that slowly shambles 24 hours per day.

This. Also, the true heir to the throne got told his lineage, the conflict between him and his supposed sisters is brewing, Samwell has a conflict knowing the queen executed his family, Asha got saved by Theon, Cersei and Euron are bangin, Jaime Lannister has shown up at his great peril, Jon/Aegon's ridden a dragon, and the creepiest scene in the entire series with the undead kid screaming happened. Beric Dondarrion remains a boss.

Yeah nothing happened.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
So did the NK place all those limbs on the wall or did he make his cronies do it? How does a writer(s) not think that through? That seems completely out of character.

Anyway, had a smile on my face the whole time through. So good to have this back.

Not at all considering we have seen it before. Heck the opening scene of the series contains a massage from the white walkers.

Season 3

Screen_Shot_2019_04_14_at_7.47.59_PM.png

Opening scene
Screen_Shot_2019_04_14_at_7.37.03_PM.png

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
To defeat the night king Jon will have to light his sword by penetrating Dany, her inner fire power something something Azor Ahai. Hope im wrong.

That's probably not far from the truth. Dany has a dream in the books, which are far behind the show:

dreaming that Hizdahr was kissing her… but his lips were blue and bruised, and when he thrust himself inside her, his manhood was cold as ice.

"We could live here for a thousand years"

I think Jon and Dany will end up as Night King and Queen.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017

Say what?

Ramsey was a monster who murdered his father, his pregnant mother-in-law. Who raped Sansa, sadistically maimed Theon Greyjoy and terrorized anyone he came in contact with, really.

Meanwhile, Dickon's biggest "sin" was being stupidly loyal to his queen.

One of these two would have been irredeemable with absolute certainty. The other - with some time to think things through - might have been a valuable asset and a gesture that Daenerys can be just instead of needlessly cruel.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the show, but every time they show Bran my eyes roll. His arc wasn't great in the books, it's worse in the show.

Hopefully he gets something significant at the end.

He's a boring Professor X.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Why wouldn't the Night King leave like 200 people behind to trap the first group that saw his message?

Like he clearly expected someone to see it, and his army is massive. Even if a dozen walkers ambushed them in the scene it would have been okay, but leaving nobody behind makes no sense.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Sansa should have kept ramsey prisoner.....
Yes, she should have. I mean yeah, everyone cheers because he was a monster and no one misses him, but that doesn't make killing a prisoner who was tied up right. If anything, what she did to Ramsey was more unjust than what Dany did.
Why wouldn't the Night King leave like 200 people behind to trap the first group that saw his message?

Like he clearly expected someone to see it, and his army is massive. Even if a dozen walkers ambushed them in the scene it would have been okay, but leaving nobody behind makes no sense.
He wants them to see the message and bring it back? What's the point of a message if you leave troops behind to kill the people who see the message you want to send?

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Bran is evil. Nevermind the Nightking you better watch out for this little fucker. He's plotting something big and not nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.