• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
"Cersei and Euron looked so beautiful that night"

q0fRltGl.jpg
Okay that's a good one lol

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
The idiot part comes from apparently not expecting retaliation from the Starks before coming to Winterfell. I guess it just slipped his mind that he attempted to murder Bran.
The other points are true but I don't think anyone knows Bran was pushed by Jaimie. Only Bran and Cersei.

If there would be any retaliation, it would be for slaughtering Ned's men during that duel, or for his family sending their regards at the Red Wedding.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Bran will probably surprise him when he says that it's no harm done.

yep, Jaime will be on the chopping block as we saw in the preview and it will probably be Bran of all people that saves him

"waiting for an old friend" - think he meant this more literally than people expect, he probably thinks highly of Jaime considering Jaime was the one who put him on the path to become the 3.E.R.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little surprised Gendry didn't learn how to turn Dragonglass into Valyrian Steel.

Maybe he finds out how to do that in another episode, I dunno. I've bet my first born that that'll happen so Gendry better not let me down.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little surprised Gendry didn't learn how to turn Dragonglass into Valyrian Steel.

Maybe he finds out how to do that in another episode, I dunno. I've bet my first born that that'll happen so Gendry better not let me down.
Requires magic/dragons.

Might need Mel or Azor/Hot Pie to brown the butter so to speak

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Possible things for Bran to say to Jaime:

"You said you would shoot my uncle's baby into Riverrun with a catapult."

"You pushed me out of a window."

"You strangled your own cousin to death."

"You offered Roose Bolton a deal in exchange for stabbing my brother."

"You raped your sister in front of your son's corpse."

"You stabbed Jory Cassell through the eye."

"You crippled my father."

Neece

Oct 27, 2017

I think you need dragon fire to create Vaylrian Steel.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Putting Jon on the spot with those questions. Great.

"You gave up your crown to save your people... would she do the same?" Jon knew the answer. It was the perfect illustration of why Jon is the true King. He never sought titles, he only rose to do what needed to be done when it was asked of him. Remember what Varys says about Littlefinger? That he'd see the realm burn if he could be king of the ashes? I don't think that's quite an accurate way to describe Dany, but if it came down to her crown or her people, I cannot confidently say she would choose the latter.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
The more I think about it, the more I think I'll be disappointed by the end of the season. This isn't mindless shitting on the show. It's just that they've introduced too many characters that we all know and love, and it will be impossible for all of them to have key roles in the climax.

But then again, all I really want to see is Arya's story. I am hoping she has become Death, or at least its physical manifestation in Westeros. I wanna see all her new tricks.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
"You gave up your crown to save your people... would she do the same?" Jon knew the answer. It was the perfect illustration of why Jon is the true King. He never sought titles, he only rose to do what needed to be done when it was asked of him. Remember what Varys says about Littlefinger? That he'd see the realm burn if he could be king of the ashes? I don't think that's quite an accurate way to describe Dany, but if it came down to her crown or her people, I cannot confidently say she would choose the latter.
She seems the type, to me at least, who would try and have it both ways even if it was obvious she couldn't.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about it, the more I think I'll be disappointed by the end of the season. This isn't mindless shitting on the show. It's just that they've introduced too many characters that we all know and love, and it will be impossible for all of them to have key roles in the climax.

But then again, all I really want to see is Arya's story. I am hoping she has become Death, or at least its physical manifestation in Westeros. I wanna see all her new tricks.

Arya seems to have come back from the brink there. She seemed to be on the verge of it, but reuniting with her family seems to have rekindled her humanity.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Possible things for Bran to say to Jaime:

"You said you would shoot my uncle's baby into Riverrun with a catapult."

"You pushed me out of a window."

"You strangled your own cousin to death."

"You offered Roose Bolton a deal in exchange for stabbing my brother."

"You raped your sister in front of your son's corpse."

"You stabbed Jory Cassell through the eye."

"You crippled my father."
Jaime:
wW2s5hW.gif

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Sam's motivations make the most sense in the show because he's always trusted Jon and Jon alone. Now he's stuck in a place where Jon is the only person he can trust, and feels obligated to give him the best advice because he knows what is at stake. Sam feels obligated to repay the many times his friend has helped him. He also feels Jon is the greatest leader and has no reason to trust Daenerys.

Daenerys should not be villainized with 50 year old events that have nothing to do with her, but she also shouldn't be trusted implicitly just because Jon does. It's a complicated situation which needs resolution quickly and based on this episode, the resolution isn't going to be a happy one.

Did they not hire the Lord Glover actor for season 8?

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Arya seems to have come back from the brink there. She seemed to be on the verge of it, but reuniting with her family seems to have rekindled her humanity.

It was cute seeing her being cold to Gendry at first, cuz thats what she has become, but slowly got more friendly and personable. I hope they continue on the path of making her more well-rounded and not just a cold killer. We don't need two emotionless Starks.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Danny acting nice to Sansa..
Bran " We don't have time for all this"

I burst out laughing at this for some reason. Not sure why, but Bran has become such a hilarious character for me.

Then of course the scene at the end

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It was cute seeing her being cold to Gendry at first, cuz thats what she has become, but slowly got more friendly and personable. I hope they continue on the path of making her more well-rounded and not just a cold killer. We don't need two emotionless Starks.

It kinda feels like she left her humanity behind on her trip to Braavos, and the longer she spends time back home and with people she knows, the more the old Arya seems to come back. I'm sure she'll never be a goofy little kid again, but her humanity makes her far more interesting to me than just "emotionless ninja Arya".

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
What if....

Bran decides to tell Jamie of Cersei's plot to hire Bronn to murder him and Tyrion? Could Bran, working on Jamie's guilt and his desire to be honorable for once, turn Jamie and Tyrion against Cersei? What is Jamie going to do anyway? He has no real choice but to join the Northerners, since Cersei wants him dead now. They'll know if Jamie lies or not - Bran already knows the answers to any questions they ask him.

Bran.jpg

Honestly though....

Bran fucking knows EVERYTHING. That ability he has as the Three-Eyed Raven sorta makes everything a predetermined setup. He can manipulate anything he wants by revealing everyone's plots, conspiracies and past discretions.

He outed Littlefinger. He tells Dany and Jon about their dragon being turned, the wall falling, etc... He saw the marriage ceremony of Rhaegar & Lyanna and the Tower of Joy and Ned taking baby Jon/Aegon.

He can take control of animals or weak-minded humans and see through their eyes and even give them basic commands.

The only thing he doesn't know is the Night King's intentions because the Night King doesn't verbally communicate anything to anyone. All Bran can see is his location.

Everything just comes down to how well they can try to disrupt and stop the Night King. Everything else with King's Landing has probably been foiled already.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Question: the little boy the White Walkers strung up, who Tormund and crew found was at Last Hearth, right? Did they say that in the show?

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
What if....

Bran decides to tell Jamie of Cersei's plot to hire Bronn to murder him and Tyrion? Could Bran, working on Jamie's guilt and his desire to be honorable for once, turn Jamie and Tyrion against Cersei? What is Jamie going to do anyway? He has no real choice but to join the Northerners, since Cersei wants him dead now. They'll know if Jamie lies or not - Bran already knows the answers to any questions they ask him.

Bran.jpg

Honestly though....

Bran fucking knows EVERYTHING. That ability he has as the Three-Eyed Raven sorta makes everything a predetermined setup. He can manipulate anything he wants by revealing everyone's plots, conspiracies and past discretions.

He outed Littlefinger. He tells Dany and Jon about their dragon being turned, the wall falling, etc... He saw the marriage ceremony of Rhaegar & Lyanna and the Tower of Joy and Ned taking baby Jon/Aegon.

He can take control of animals or weak-minded humans and see through their eyes and even give them basic commands.

The only thing he doesn't know is the Night King's intentions because the Night King doesn't verbally communicate anything to anyone. All Bran can see is his location.

Everything just comes down to how well they can try to disrupt and stop the Night King. Everything else with King's Landing has probably been foiled already.
What if he doesn't survive the battle with the Night King though?

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
What if....

Bran can save Jaime from any punishment by telling everyone why he killed the mad king. I assume that will come out and cast further doubt on the fitness of Dany to rule. Selmy told Dany her father was shitty, but she doesn't know about the wildfire plot afaik.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Bran can save Jaime from any punishment by telling everyone why he killed the mad king. I assume that will come out and cast further doubt on the fitness of Dany to rule. Selmy told Dany her father was shitty, but she doesn't know about the wildfire plot afaik.
Remember that Tyrion already told Dany about all of that when she wanted to burn two cities into ash, which makes her reaction to Jamie showing up a bit more interesting.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018

Nah, her first stop back was to kill that River lord guy (I can't be assed to remember names). I really hope she drops some big names.

We've seen she can disguise herself perfectly, and she can easily best a top-tier swordsman triple her size. I want to see what else she's capable of now. She's been my favorite character since the beginning...I need to see her final form.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
The idiot part comes from apparently not expecting retaliation from the Starks before coming to Winterfell. I guess it just slipped his mind that he attempted to murder Bran.

Then there's Dany probably not being all that cool with him killing his father.

Good luck, Jaime. What is he even doing here, besides coming to the gathering of the heroes.
If Jaime makes it out of that courtroom alive, it will be nothing more than a Lord of Light miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.