• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
In season 4 I think, Melisandre says there are various potions and oils which make the lord of light seem more believable.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
But would Jon be cool with her killing someone for saving over a million lives? That goes pretty hard against his entire character arc. He's the type that would probably do what Jamie did in that moment.
Yeah but that's only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Jaime's fuckery throughout the show

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Y41SDns.png

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

"This. This isn't the end. Not for you. Not yet."
"How will we know it's the end?"
geQVGci.jpg

"You'll know."

7I99eiT.jpg

8riougs.jpg

lssY5Cu.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would have traded some reunions for others, restrained the hall discussion, and definitely traded the dragon scene for most anything, but I liked the episode. It's certainly better in terms of characters and storytelling than what we got most of the last few seasons.

Sam and Arya were the MVPs, but Sansa's line about thinking Tyrion was the cleverest man in the Seven Kingdoms was a zinger.

The fool who almost tried to kill Arya last season due to obvious manipulation from Baelish

I'm still not clear as to whether that was misdirection for viewers (with no in-universe explanation), misdirection for Littlefinger (and his spies?), or the sisters actually falling for it (until Bran told them).

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wish they weren't doing this whole Sansa mistrusting Dany plotline, which I can't imagine will have a lot of airtime what with there only being 5 episodes left but still. One of my main issues with season 7 was that I felt like her drama with Arya felt like a retread with her not trusting Jon in season 7 and now they're doing it for a third time with Dany.

I get that there needs to be some drama behind what's happening other than just the white walkers but I wish it was something different.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
What is Dany referring to when she says "You should have never trusted Cersei" and Sansa says "Neither should you" or the other way around? When did Sansa trust Cersei?

S1. Sansa told Cersi that they were leaving Kings Landing and asked her to help them stay so she could marry Joffery

This directly led to Ned's Death

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was that burning arm corpse thing a reference to that wheel metaphor Dany mentioned a couple things back?

That legit gave me a jump when they kid started screaming lol

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Was that burning arm corpse thing a reference to that wheel metaphor Dany mentioned a couple things back?

That legit gave me a jump when they kid started screaming lol

The white walkers/NK have made that pattern several times, it's roughly the pattern the children of the forest were standing in when they created the NK.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
In the books got 10 plotlines locations
dany
Young griff
Dorne
Kings landing
The riverlands
The vale
The iron islands
The north
And the wall and beyond
And arya
Now 5 of those I think will converge

Young griff will kill cersia and tommonlen and defeat lannister rule of kings landing

Dorne will support

S ansa will marry him and little finger will become hand to think king after Jon conington dies.

Brienne will die in the river lands, to save Jaime, Jaime will return to kings landing, kill Cersei, then go to the wall and become the 1000th and final lord commander

Stannis beats the boltons will either die to the other or to dany

Dany will have 2 villians before the other, young griff and euron

No idea how arya will factor besides killing lady stone heart.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
dany
Young griff
Dorne
Kings landing
The riverlands
The vale
The iron islands
The north
And the wall and beyond
And arya

Young griff will kill cersia and tommonlen and defeat lannister rule of kings landing

Dorne will support

S ansa will marry him and little finger will become hand to think king after Jon conington dies.

Brienne will die in the river lands, to save Jaime, Jaime will return to kings landing, kill Cersei, then go to the wall and become the 1000th and final lord commander

Is Captain Strickland the TV show version of Griff?

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
dany
Young griff
Dorne
Kings landing
The riverlands
The vale
The iron islands
The north
And the wall and beyond
And arya

Dorne will support

Why won't Dany marry (f)Aegon?

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
I'm still not clear as to whether that was misdirection for viewers (with no in-universe explanation), misdirection for Littlefinger (and his spies?), or the sisters actually falling for it (until Bran told them).
I thought that by the time LIttlefinger was telling Sansa 'I play this game where I think about the worst possible intentions of people' or whatever, and Sansa was smiling and nodding and going along with it, the show was revealing that nobody is falling for his nonsense anymore.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I thought that by the time LIttlefinger was telling Sansa 'I play this game where I think about the worst possible intentions of people' or whatever, and Sansa was kinda smiling and nodding, the show was revealing that nobody is falling for his nonsense anymore.

They have Bran now, he is like an instant lie detector. You can't bullshit around the Starks anymore for the most part.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

The writers straight say in the BTS of that episode that the sisters were fooled by LF until they realized they could tap into Bran to learn the truth.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Why won't Dany marry (f)Aegon?
The fact the Second dance of dragons is already teased by grrm and the mummers dragon vision

In universe I feel Aegon will be high off his his victories is essos fall for Sansa and buy into Little fingers schemes

It will take dany a while to get to westeros

Probs the 7tb book ( which won't be a dream for spring that will be the 8th book...)

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Captain Strickland the TV show version of Griff?
One can hope. But I doubt it, it'd be nice to have an actual reason that it was the Golden Company, but considering the Blackfyres were never established in the show, it's probably just a shitty name drop.

They really should have done fAegon instead of butchering Dorne. Even in the books, Dorne felt pretty minor, and just a supporting story for Dany and fAegon. Basically just showing Dorne playing both sides of the Dance of Dragons 2.0. Quentyn died anyway without making a single difference, and maybe Aurienne actually does something interesting for fAegon's plot, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.