• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
What characterization , sometimes i wonder if we were seeing same episodes because i saw none. Just useless filler shit. Like "i know you " , "hey i know you from season 3 " "hey i know you " , "remember this ? "

None of characters had any character development.Unless you count Brienne Tarth becoming "Ser" a character development but thats even it.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that worries me about the next episode is that night time scenes usually look awful on the HBO Go / Now apps...and the entire battle will take place in dimly lit areas.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
What moments, it was full of zzZ.
Only thing i remember from is Arya's disappointing body.
Literally both are filler episodes with 0 interesting thing happens. Atleast we saw dragons on first episode

Talking about someone as having a "disappointing body" sure is a great way to talk about a person and definitely doesn't make you sound like an asshole.

Oct 25, 2017
What moments, it was full of zzZ.
Only thing i remember from is Arya's disappointing body.
Literally both are filler episodes with 0 interesting thing happens. Atleast we saw dragons on first episode

holy fkn shitty post.

"disappointing body" [REALLY showing us your butthole with this one breh]]

"atleast we saw dragons"

why do you even watch this show?

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Theon and Sansa.
Davos, the little girl and Gilly.
Pod, Jaime, Tormund, Davos, Brienne, Tyrion drinking and talking.
Brienne being knighted.
Jon telling Dany about his parentage.
Pod singing Jennys song.

What talking ? You guys are have seriously low standarts. They really missed opportunity there. There could be a lot of things to happen on that drinking scene but nothing happened. None of them told any good story about anything. Just useless wanna drink bro ? hahaha giant tit milky. And useless becoming knight scene.
Whatever suffering is near end 3-4 weeks. Show has fallen like dump in toilet compared to Season1

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he's not a deserter, he was lord commander and they killed him

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death.

man, jon has some work ahead of him explaining his claim. he's not a deserter because he is in fact dead, and he is the legitimate son of rhaegar and his brother and best friend can vouch for that.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
What I liked about the Theon scene is that he basically gives Dany the middle finger lol. He's there for Sansa, not her.

Get wrecked Dany.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
It seems like the dragons should have been a topic of discussion. They know that the Night King can one-shot a dragon. So do you bring them out right away? Or wait until your human army is failing? If the undead show up with a dragon do your release your dragons to fight them?

Maybe the dragon discussions are being withheld from us, but it seems like a pretty important conversation to withhold.

Even more of note, it looked like the WW's are all readied with ice spears on the frontline. They're prepared to take down another dragon or two from the look of it.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
082d15501410cb6f20770a97c2bb0539.gif

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit. Can they do it? 1 hour of greatness with a 20 minute build up?

I think 15 mins of building up or so, such as Bran/Theon going to the godswood. Dany probably telling Jon she is getting on Drogon and he should get on Rhaegal and maybe some disagreements between them. People getting in the crypts. The army getting into position.

Then you have a 40 min battle, so you got another hour left.

That means probably some one-on-one time between Bran and the NK/last showdown, people having to flee Winterfell. That's maybe another 15-20 mins. Still have another 40 mins. Not sure what can happen. Maybe some stuff at KL, would be a good way to leave the WF crew behind until we see them again in ep4.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
That's debatable as women can't inherit the Iron Throne and Jon is a deserting Night's Watch member. If Stannis were alive, he'd have the stronger legal claim between Dany and Jon

Show Jon's not a deserter. His watch was technically ended when he died.

Now, the book version could be different. Book Jon's basically a legit traitor to the NW. That would be even worse in Stannis' eyes.

Nov 18, 2017
I think 15 mins of building up or so, such as Bran/Theon going to the godswood. Dany probably telling Jon she is getting on Drogon and he should get on Rhaegal and maybe some disagreements between them. People getting in the crypts. The army getting into position.

Then you have a 40 min battle, so you got another hour left.

That means probably some one-on-one time between Bran and the NK/last showdown, people having to flee Winterfell. That's maybe another 15-20 mins. Still have another 40 mins. Not sure what can happen. Maybe some stuff at KL, would be a good way to leave the WF crew behind until we see them again in ep4.

It's 80 minutes, not 120.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Someone PLEASE tell me that shot of her from the back was a body double. I don't want to think of Arya like that. Feels pervish.
She touches herself at nights.

The next four episodes are literally movie length. Note that the runtime is minus the opening sequence, end credits, and behind the scenes.

This is great. It's bit of a bummer the season is so short but, episode lenght makes up for it.

Kwhit10

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing that worries me about the next episode is that night time scenes usually look awful on the HBO Go / Now apps...and the entire battle will take place in dimly lit areas.
My biggest gripe with HBO and the show. The dark scenes are sometimes too dark and you can't make out shit.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes the execution of the show is bad, but as far as if it is badly written as a whole, we have to wait and see what the pay off is. There might be a point to it all.

I'm not seeing any red flags like I did with LOST though.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
My little sister. I must protect her. She must be pure.

I wasn't fully convinced that GoT had gone full anime until the reactions to Arya's sex scene last episode.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People enjoying doesnt mean they think its great though.

That's exactly what it means. If someone enjoy the show and think it's great, then the show is great for them, but not for the people who don't think it's great, for them it's not a great show.

And for the majority, GoT is a great show. But for whatever reason, the people who finds the show bad or shitty, rerally needs everyone to hear about how bad/shitty the show is.

33d.jpg

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
What talking ? You guys are have seriously low standarts. They really missed opportunity there. There could be a lot of things to happen on that drinking scene but nothing happened. None of them told any good story about anything. Just useless wanna drink bro ? hahaha giant tit milky. And useless becoming knight scene.
Whatever suffering is near end 3-4 weeks. Show has fallen like dump in toilet compared to Season1

Either you're just straight up ignorant and missed all character development/closure in this episode, or you just want to complain for complaining sake. There is no other possible explanation for your endless dribble.

This was one of the better written (and one of the better acted) episodes of GoT since Season 1, easily. This is not an unpopular opinion.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Either you're just straight up ignorant and missed all character development/closure in this episode, or you just want to complain for complaining sake. There is no other possible explanation for your endless dribble.

This was one of the better written (and one of the better acted) episodes of GoT since Season 1, easily. This is not an unpopular opinion.[/QUOTE]

giphy.gif

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Yes I have and that's why I asked you. Because it was clear that Rhaegar knew what his father had become. There was no way he was going to leave him in power. The tourney of Harrenhal and the facts behind it are proof of that.

The furthest we got on Rhaegar overthrowing Aerys was one line to Jaime along the lines of "changes will be made". By then half the realm was in uprising and Rhaegar wasn't long for this world. Rhaegar should have dealt with Aerys a long time ago, instead he got distracted by... prophecies.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
That's exactly what it means. If someone enjoy the show and think it's great, then the show is great for them, but not for the people who don't think it's great, for them it's not a great show.

And for the majority, GoT is a great show. But for whatever reason, the people who finds the show bad or shitty, rerally needs everyone to hear about how bad/shitty the show is.

33d.jpg

Put them on ignore if you don't like their posts. These are the conversations taking place, and I don't see them telling people who like the show to be quiet.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I thought the episode was awful and I'm still a fan of the series. Just my opinion though.

Anyways, just throwing out theories for next week. Something has to happen in the crypt, presumably with dead bodies. Way too much focus on it otherwise.

Tyrion has to save the day somehow. Hes been fuckong up way too much with his plans, so he will redeem himself with his intellect somehow. Hes also confident they will win, which seems unusual for him. I wonder if hes been working with Bran.

I wonder when Bronn will show up. Middle of the battle for a comedic break, like what the fuck did I just walk into?

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
The Theon/Sansa moment in this episode was a genuine heart string tugging moment for me because both of those characters have been through some shit.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The furthest we got on Rhaegar overthrowing Aerys was one line to Jaime along the lines of "changes will be made". By then half the realm was in uprising and Rhaegar wasn't long for this world. Rhaegar should have dealt with Aerys a long time ago, instead he got distracted by... prophecies.
There is strong evidence that Rhaegar was behind the planning of the tourney at Harrenhal in order to gather all the Lord's of Westeros in one place in order to discuss the situation about his father. Aerys had not left the Red Keep in years and Harrenhal was far enough away that Rhaegar had time and distance on his side.

However Aerys advisors convinced him that Rhaegar and the others were plotting against him and so he decided to attend. This ruining the potential planning. They were not going to plot against the king understand the Kings nose. And the appearance of Aerys with his long raggedy hair and his yellow claws is what cemented the idea of the "mad king" in the eyes of the rest of the realm. it led to everyone being that much more willing to join Roberts rebellion. From there it's history.

But it's clear that Rhaegar knew changes needed to be made and he knew how to make them. He was everything Robert wasn't and would have been a damn better ruler by comparison. Robert bankrupt the realm and set the 7 kingdoms on the path to the disaster that we see now.

It's all a what if so it just my opinion vs yours, but you will not convince me that the 7 kingdoms was better off with Robert and Cersei on the throne than Rhaegar and Lyanna. There is just far too much evidence to the contrary.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
As someone in the "I hate what this show has become but I''m watching it anyway to see how it ends" camp, I did enjoy last night's episode. The knighting of Brienne was an all timer for me, especially since she is one of my favorite characters in the series. Really great moment.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The new episode had it's moments, but I must admit that i was a little bit bored. I know that they are going to burn the house down next espisode so this was more like a prelude, i get it, but...i don't know.

Brianne being knighted was awesome.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
They got their ice spears ready to fight dragons cause they're actually scared of them, maybe they are the key!

I feel like I missed a point when everyone there just understood and accepted Bran's stuff as normal. Like ok yea Bran saw this, listen to him he has all these answers cause he's a wizard or something now. *everyone nods along*

I remember before it was like "Oook." *looks at each other* type thing when he talked lol.

Anyway, really enjoyed todays episode, everyone having their 'final chats' and interactions. I'd be disapointed NOT to have this kinda stuff, especially for those that maybe wont make it through the battle. Today's episode just builds the hype for next weeks even more IMO, sooo hyped for the next episode!

Status
Not open for further replies.