• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
GEap8pg.jpg

I'm betting anti-Helm's Deep

Is that the weirwood burning? lol

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fully expecting the Battle of Winterfell to go catastrophically wrong in some way, and not really be a Helms Deep scenario where they pull out a miracle win. Once Davos and the others started talking about the crazy battles they've managed to survive I was like "ya'll just jinxed it, fools"

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fully expecting the Battle of Winterfell to go catastrophically wrong in some way, and not really be a Helms Deep scenario where they pull out a miracle win. Once Davos and the others started talking about the crazy battles they've managed to survive I was like "ya'll just jinxed it, fools"

They will lose. Badly. Many will die. But not Davos and Tormund cause then I will scream.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
They will lose. Badly. Many will die. But not Davos and Tormund cause then I will scream.
I was literally just saying on a Discord channel that Davos and Tormund are the two I'm really not prepared to see go. Tormund because he's hilarious and Davos because he's the realist dude in the room.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was literally just saying on a Discord channel that Davos and Tormund are the two I'm really not prepared to see go. Tormund because he's hilarious and Davos because he's the realist dude in the room.

Davos is such a wholesome good guy. No secret agenda. No scret planning. Just trying to survive and helping the weak.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Some of the baddest motherfuckers in the Seven Kingdoms really about to get snuffed by skeletons warriors lol

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
that's what the previews are hinting at. I'm afraid AF to see the next episode, but as long as arya makes it, I'm straight. She's LITERALLY the only person i'll root for...

1) Arya
2)
3)
4)Brienne
4)Podrick
5)Sandor Clegane (only to see cleganebowl)

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Who I think dies:
-Jorah, because he sort of passed things over to Tyrion.
-Grey Worm... possibly, because he told Missandei that "my people will protect your people" or some such. Which makes me think, she lives on, leaves Westeros with the remaining Unsullied after it's all over, but he bites the dust.
-Ed, just because it's time to get rid of some characters.
-Beric cause he's long overdue, he can't tell us more than he has already.
-Sandor... Beric said he would "burn in hell" but "not today" when Arya told him to burn in hell. So it might be his time, but he has to do something pretty heroic since Beric said the Lord of Light had a role for him to play still, it must be a big deal. I don't think he cares much about his brother anymore, his brother is dead already.
-Rhaegal
-Viserion
-Theon, good time to die

Brienne is really likely to die, Sansa said if she trust him with her life he should stay. Plus her being knighted and especially her being overly positive about some advantageous ground to rout back the dead (come on, you are fighting the dead, they will never be routed back!). I can imagine she can die now.

Thormund survives, he's the wildling representative. They can't have him die, he must survive all episodes. There has to be a follow up to what happens with the wildlings once everything is over and it has to be carried through him.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
The Ayra/Gendry scene will be forgotten next week when it begins with the Night King in an orgy, fucking behind a weirwood tree.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
yara went to join her in dorne
Yes, 704 was her last episode.
I believe she and Yara are in a boat rowing somewhere between Dragonstone and KL...
She left to go be with her family in S7.

She got such a raw deal. Her brother/hodor got off better since they died and didn't get to find out all their work just went into killing bran and turning him into a creep.
this to me just means that the writers of the show couldn't find a better story arc to give her. Kinda like Osha, they brought her back just to kill her off.

Meera Reed was one of my favorite characters. And I'm guessing what the show is portraying is that anyone who is in the north and not at winterfell is dead

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
I think Brienne, Theon, Jorah, Beric and maybe Grey Worm are goners.

Maybe Tormund as well, but I'm not ready to see him go please D&D don't do it.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Renly was never faced with any hard choices. Also, Renly was completely fine with murdering Stannis, sooooooo.
Meeting your brother on the field of battle =\= impregnating a fire witch to murder your brother in the dead of night

Say what you want about Renly's experience, but he was not a bad person. Stannis meanwhile was a fucking horrible person even by Game of Thrones standards.

HaNotsri

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Did I understand it rigt that they will place the bait (Brann) inside of hhe walks under that tree? Why not place him outside the walls? This basically means that they will be crushed before he reaches Brann unless he goes balls deep into enemy lines with his zombie dragon...

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I could see Brienne living, with Jamie dying in her place and she carry's on in his honor.

Most likely they'll die together :(

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
These threads suck the joy out of the show to be honest. I wish I could have binged the whole series like I did with seasons 1-3. The threads are generally toxic and you see armchair critics who are supposed experts in everything, claim everything is lazy or terrible.
I've actually been having a better time limiting my exposure to twitter/forum discussions of the show and just enjoying these episodes when they premiere with my phone on silent. Sometimes a little restraint can go a long way, especially when everyone is in a rush to provide the world with their cynical hot takes.

I have a feeling the Red Wedding is going to seem like nothing after this episode. This is going to be a bloodbath
I'm actually anticipating the next episode being way more graphic and horror-inspired than people are assuming.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Meeting your brother on the field of battle =\= impregnating a fire witch to murder your brother in the dead of night

Say what you want about Renly's experience, but he was not a bad person. Stannis meanwhile was a fucking horrible person even by Game of Thrones standards.

At the end he knew it too. As soon as Brienne announced who she was and why she was there, he was just like... yeah.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

I don't understand how you come to this conclusion.

How is it more honorable to kill 10,000 men on the battlefield to kill one man than to just kill that one man in his tent on the eve of battle? Stannis' act saved lives.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Did I understand it rigt that they will place the bait (Brann) inside of hhe walks under that tree? Why not place him outside the walls? This basically means that they will be crushed before he reaches Brann unless he goes balls deep into enemy lines with his zombie dragon...

The tree is special and is going to come into play somehow.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I've actually been having a better time limiting my exposure to twitter/forum discussions of the show and just enjoying these episodes when they premiere with my phone on silent. Sometimes a little restraint can go a long way, especially when everyone is in a rush to provide the world with their cynical hot takes.

I'm actually anticipating the next episode being way more graphic and horror-inspired than people are assuming.

I mean just watching Hardhome and seeing those dead kids eat Sasha(?)...

The kids are all going to be below in the crypt... My heart can't take this.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I still kind of think Jorah survives the battle just because he's sort of supposed to die at this point. He's almost too convenient of a target for next week.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Either you're just straight up ignorant and missed all character development/closure in this episode, or you just want to complain for complaining sake. There is no other possible explanation for your endless dribble.

This was one of the better written (and one of the better acted) episodes of GoT since Season 1, easily. This is not an unpopular opinion.
Yes I'm not easily moved by shows but the beautiful emotional closure of the characters after years and years of buildup under the shadow of near certain death was perfect

Well acted, perfectly executed. Quite the payoff after all of the build up and years of history between these people. Really one of the better conclusions to relationships of any show I've ever seen. The gravity of the situation and build up really came rushing in last night. I didn't even realize I wanted or needed it but I did and it was great.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I don't understand how you come to this conclusion.

How is it more honorable to kill 10,000 men on the battlefield to kill one man than to just kill that one man in his tent on the eve of battle? Stannis' act saved lives.

Stannis assassinated his own brother with blood magic. That sure as hell isn't honorable. Saying he did it to save lives is just naive. He did it to be king.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I think Jon, Dany, Sansa, Arya, and Tyrion are the only people who make it out of Winterfell alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.