• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
4IbOEML.gif
Someone tag the mod staff, this needs to be the gif used any time they step into a thread
You could say that about Tyrion and Sansa too >_>
Definitely true for Tyrion.

Sansa at least gave us the satisfaction of seeing right through Dany's BS this season.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
His warging was so useless and meaningless...
Not to mention all the times throughout the season and the last where he could have told characters what was actually going on and saved a lot of trouble (littlefinger in winterfell, Cersei lying about pledging her support etc.) but if he dies it'll be some tragedy? Please.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Why the fuck did Melissandre commit suicide? I honestly for a second believed she was gonna resurrect people with her life or do something but nah, she just walked out into the cold and died.
I think she knew her time was up or the Lord of Light was done with her.
She couldn't do the fire spell without repeating it like 10x and her jewel (which in the books always glares bright) was extinguished

Oct 25, 2017
It's the first time he's fighting an actual organized army and he gets chumped pretty badly.

And lets be honest the reason really is that D&D want to move on and do Star Wars, so this all has to happen in one episode basically because they still to resolve the Cersei plot and only have 6 episodes to do it all in.
Pretty easily though? It certainly wasn't easy for the living.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably in the minority with this but Littlefinger went out exactly the way he should, on his knees crying like a little chump because he got too cocky and finally over played his hand.
He did things the way he usually would, but his reasons for it were not really there. Like what advantage does he gain by playing Arya against Sansa? If he were to plot against anyone it would be John since his goal is the Iron Throne.

Really don't mind him getting taken out like a bitch, though.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
He did barley anything this episode and he let his friend almost die, that's the most unJon thing to do
The two dragons got caught in a blizzard and were distracted. Jon kept attempting to do things but he just was playing checkers while Bran and the NK were playing 4D chess. Technically, every second he spent distracting the NK was him doing something.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Let's hope this is not the end of the WW.There are still so many questions.They were using babies in the first seasons?why?Who was the NK ?his purpose?

- The babies were used to make new White Walkers.
- The Night King was a dude the Children of the Forest turned into a weapon to fight against men.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
D&D are excellent at subverting expectations. They made us think they were incredible plans yet to be revealed but in the end, it was as basic and straightforward as everything else they've come up with.

Correct. The great "Arya couldn't have been that dumb" stabbing debacle from years past should have taught me better.

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
There was no progression though? She failed, refused to kill someone and was punished.

She was hunted down, got stabbed in the open due to her hubris and won a fight when the conditions were in her favour.

Then cut to Westeros and she's an expert assassin, wiping out a whole house solo.
Brah she trained with weapons, poisons and learned face magic. On top of that, winning a fight in her favor, according to you, is being stabbed in the stomach and worn down by being chased.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I can understand folks having issues with how Arya's explicit assassin training with the no ones went, but Arya's been being trained as a stealthy warrior from day one and that has been a clear and concise progression from the moment it began in King's Landing. Basically they fumbled at the finals, but I'm willing to look it over.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Because Sam is awesome. He's the entire reason they stood any chance. Without his knowledge, there's no dragonglass. He also told Jon of his claim to the throne.

"Sam is awesome because he did stuff in the past," isn't a good reason for him to have survived when literally thousands of other more capable soldiers couldn't. You're kind of proving their point right, that fan favorite characters are being kept alive simply because they're fan favorites.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God, I hate this shit that happens when criticism appears these days. I like TLJ, but yet anytime someone criticizes Holdo's stupidity it immediately turns into "you're just being sexist."

Can we stop? Can people recognize that Arya leaping out of thin air to pounce the NK is something that can be cricizied and has nothing to do with her being a GURL. I'm fine with Arya dealing the blow. After all, Jon Snow has been plot armor Gary Sue this whole show. It's the way that scene played out and the way the whole WW threat resolved itself. You can love it all you want, but don't act like it can't be criticized.

Like, fuck I wish the showed leaned harder into Arya's assassin elements instead of giving her sudden plot powers. Arya beating Brienne in a duel those seasons back should have never happened. Brienne should wipe the floor with her. She's an assassin not a Warrior Knight. Arya having enough force to impale her obsidian spear through several wights is just face palm inducing. Arya sneaking through Winterfell library, even though it changes wights to dumb zombies for a moment, is way more indicative of her character and training.

This wasn't some brillant setup and execution that involved all of Arya's training and skills learned through the year. No, it was "ARAGHGHHAGHAHGHGHG, I'MA FLY AND STAB YOU IN THE BACK NIGHT KING!" Out of fucking nowhere. Whhhhhyyyyyy????

Bingooooo.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
He did things the way he usually would, but his reasons for it were not really there. Like what advantage does he gain by playing Arya against Sansa? If he were to plot against anyone it would be John since his goal is the Iron Throne.

Really don't mind him getting taken out like a bitch, though.
The read I got was that Littlefinger finally drank a little too much of his own juice and got too confident in his ability to talk himself in and out of situations. I thought he was trying to place Arya and Sansa against each other because he was trying to take over more of the North by way of staying in Sansa's ear.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The two dragons got caught in a blizzard and were distracted. Jon kept attempting to do things but he just was playing checkers while Bran and the NK were playing 4D chess. Technically, every second he spent distracting the NK was him doing something.
Yep. He did a ton of work. Well, his dragon did. And as you said, delaying the NK and helping slay some wights the old fashioned way.

Ultimately he did what he could just like everyone else, which is to say not very much on his own. The reality is he isn't a superhero and the episode did a great job of reminding everyone of that. Hordes > any individual character. He was lucky to have survived, as was everyone else that made it.

Everyone that made it *barely* made it, and RIP to the other 85% of the standing army. I'm very curious to see how many Dothraki and Unsullied remain.
Nobody talks about how Ed died as well lol

Yes, we have. You're just late.

fargodog

Banned
Feb 24, 2019
Arya is my absolute favourite character in both the book and the show and I felt nothing in that last moment.

What an absolute disaster as both a spectacle and narrative culmination.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
"Sam is awesome because he did stuff in the past," isn't a good reason for him to have survived when literally thousands of other more capable soldiers couldn't. You're kind of proving their point right, that fan favorite characters are being kept alive simply because they're fan favorites.
Yep. Sam served his purpose.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
"-how did you sneak up on me?"

Holy shit that was perfect. I was expecting winterfell to burn and everyone to die and this happens.
Callbacks, epic action, everything.
Did Theon needed to die to buy the time for Arya or did he did he for nothing because of the buff given by Bran's words?
That was fuckin great, I'm rewatching this before going to sleep.
So humans vs humans and some lird of light stuff in the background, I can buy that :)

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how one can blame Jon for leaving Sam behind.
The stakes were too high, Jon had to reach Bran before the Night King.

Sam would understand this.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Let's hope this is not the end of the WW.There are still so many questions.They were using babies in the first seasons?why?Who was the NK ?his purpose?
They're dead. It's over.
Babies? It's what the NK used to create WWs.
Who was the NK and purprose? He was a First Man the Children of the Forest changed to use as a weapon in their war with the First Men who turned on all living things instead.
There's nothing more than that.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Note to self:

If ever surrounded by zombies lay down on top bodies and whimper or put back to wall and fight them off for maximum survival time.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Nobody talks about how Ed died as well lol

I liked him more than Jorah and Theon

Edd got screwed. The guy who was just trying to do his duty to the Nights Watch and constantly told everyone to burn his body became a walker anyway in the ennd just because Sam's dumb ass decided to fight instead of stay in the crypts where he belonged.

Hell if he had stayed there then alot more people might have lived.

Gigglepoo

Oct 25, 2017

Plum

May 31, 2018
I don't understand how one can blame Jon for leaving Sam behind.
The stakes were too high, Jon had to reach Bran before the Night King.

Sam would understand this.

Good thing they can talk it out afterwards and sort out any potential issues that Jon leaving Sam behind might have caused.

Would hate for a character to have an interesting regret that affects their character going forward.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
They're dead. It's over.
Babies? It's what the NK used to create WWs.
Who was the NK and purprose? He was a First Man the Children of the Forest changed to use as a weapon in their war with the First Men who turned on all living things instead.
There's nothing more than that.

yeah i didn't remember the NK story tbh.
Well.RIP WWs.

Oct 27, 2017
God, I hate this shit that happens when criticism appears these days. I like TLJ, but yet anytime someone criticizes Holdo's stupidity it immediately turns into "you're just being sexist."

Can we stop? Can people recognize that Arya leaping out of thin air to pounce the NK is something that can be cricizied and has nothing to do with her being a GURL. I'm fine with Arya dealing the blow. After all, Jon Snow has been plot armor Gary Sue this whole show. It's the way that scene played out and the way the whole WW threat resolved itself. You can love it all you want, but don't act like it can't be criticized.

Like, fuck I wish the showed leaned harder into Arya's assassin elements instead of giving her sudden plot powers. Arya beating Brienne in a duel those seasons back should have never happened. Brienne should wipe the floor with her. She's an assassin not a Warrior Knight. Arya having enough force to impale her obsidian spear through several wights is just face palm inducing. Arya sneaking through Winterfell library, even though it changes wights to dumb zombies for a moment, is way more indicative of her character and training.

This wasn't some brillant setup and execution that involved all of Arya's training and skills learned through the year. No, it was "ARAGHGHHAGHAHGHGHG, I'MA FLY AND STAB YOU IN THE BACK NIGHT KING!" Out of fucking nowhere. Whhhhhyyyyyy????

Spot on.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Also i am maybe in the minority ,but Cersei is one of my favorite characters.

Cersei is an amazing character. But she is also a piece of shit human being that deserves to be shoved off the nearest cliff with a swift kick to the ass.

Other examples of this are Joffery, Ramsey, and Tywin. All great characters. All of them can suck my ass.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
now that it actually matters, I still dont believe for a second that Bronn is going to kill Tyrion or Jamie

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could see this all ending with the 'good' has been done with everyone at Winterfell valiantly saving humanity and then it all gets dragged into shitty greed when they fight for the Iron Throne and end up destroying each other anyway, after defeating the great undead army. I would be surprised if it's different than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.