• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Ok peeps. Time to get in gear. Anyone have good recap videos to g et caught up?

Secret tree people spell makes ice zombie army to fight bad people, backfires, have to trap them behind a wall, people forget about it, war among themselves, secret prophecy baby born amidst a successful rebellion who should be king but grows up a bastard, becomes a leader. Daughter of overthrown king inspires everyone, gets dragons and army, sails for place where her family was overthrown. Secret king and dragon queen unite to defeat ice zombie army. Wall comes down. Will they finally overcome the hubris and self-destructive tendencies of man?

You're all caught up.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Secret tree people spell makes ice zombie army to fight bad people, backfires, have to trap them behind a wall, people forget about it, war among themselves, secret prophecy baby born amidst a successful rebellion who should be king but grows up a bastard, becomes a leader. Daughter of overthrown king inspires everyone, gets dragons and army, sails for place where her family was overthrown. Secret king and dragon queen unite to defeat ice zombie army. Wall comes down. Will they finally overcome the hubris and self-destructive tendencies of man?

You're all caught up.

Heh i don't see Daario/Euron/Azor Ahai in there. Why did you leave the protagonist out?

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm inspired by the Easy Allies prediction video. Here's mine:
Melisandre will use all of her life force that keeps her young to give Jamie his hand back, but since he sort of knows how to fight with his other hand now, he will duel wield both of the valyrian steel swords Tywin made out of Ice. He'll go down fighting a bunch of White Walkers, like a goddamn hero.
Jon Snow will take down the Night King, after a multiepisode battle. But just as the Night King dies, he wishes that the Night King be reincarnated into a good guy. The final episode is at a King's Tournament a few years later, where a young boy from a small village, with a light complexion but bright blue eyes, enters. He impresses everyone especially for his young age and Jon leaves to train him.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017

You're all caught up.
That's a short and on point summation.

giphy.gif

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Qyburn is a pretty weird maester who can bring someone back to life by draining their blood but can't reattach a hand.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Currently sacrificing a child to R'hllor to ensure HBO Now doesn't crash tonight

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

You're all caught up.
No hotpie? Not accurate enough.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Finished rewatching S7 last night. I'd forgotten all about Tyrion's glowering in the shadows while Dany and Jon are fucking. I have a bad feeling that's going to lead to something stupid.

Otherwise, I'm pretty psyched for this. I've enjoyed every season (to varying degrees) and am usually pretty onboard with whatever the show chooses to do or go, so I feel pretty confident they'll stick the landing for me. Hard to believe its been 8 years since I started watching this over an extremely low-res, green and blocky HBO Go stream and taking the entire first season just to remember everyone's names and families. After Lost ended, I wasn't sure if I was going to find another tv show that just dominated my attention for years, but here we are. Its been a hell of a journey.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
what are the chances the night king brings back every single killed character for a big final brawl?
that would be a brilliant twist for a show with the reputation of killing off beloved characters.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
If we don't band together and fight the real enemy, we won't have time to see whose skeleton rules over a graveyard.
Did they burn Ollie's body after the execution or what? John Vince McMahon strutted out of there the minute the deed was done.

A zombie Ollie nod after he once again arrow shots one of John's people, would be a hilarious way to conclude John's speech.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 20295

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Great OP, love the stats - lol.

Just finished my 7 season run in 7 days (1 a day), staying up for the 2am showing on Atlantic tonight to spoil everyone at work tomorrow 😏.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Did they burn Ollie's body after the execution or what? John Vince McMahon strutted out of there the minute the deed was done.

A zombie Ollie nod after he once again arrow shots one of John's people, would be a hilarious way to conclude John's speech.

giphy.gif

Then Jon holds Tormund in his arms. "Do you remember when I fucked that bear?" "I know you didn't fuck a bear, Tormund." "You know nothing, Jon Sn..." *dies*

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I get the graphs are for a laugh OP, but why did you do the Onion Knight dirty?

Worse fighting ability than Gilly or Cercei? O.o

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Olly is actually one of the few characters in this show who was killed by the good guys despite having a completely reasonable motivation.
Let's also not forget that Jon executed a guy for telling him "no" and had Ollie participate in said execution. What sort of lesson did he think Ollie was learning from that?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
One other thing I would caution that the OP might want to put in the....OP, is that HBO broadcast and HBO Now/Go seem to never be perfectly lined up. If you are watching along with the thread and find that your stream is ahead of most people, show some courtesy and wait a few moments before reacting in the thread. No one wants to have things spoiled right before they happen.

Apr 8, 2018
Man, can't believe it's been over a year and a half since Season 7 premiered. Watched a series recap last night so I'm all good to go. Can't wait!

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
These stats all seem questionable.

Except Hot Pie's.

Hot Pie is a survivor.

As all seven kingdoms burn and the survivors assess the damage, they can find no smallfolk left. Every village is deserted. Every forest is ashes.

Then Arya walks in the crossroads, which is also a burnt out ruin. Hot Pie comes out of the back room.

"What can I get for you?"

Plum

May 31, 2018
One other thing I would caution that the OP might want to put in the....OP, is that HBO broadcast and HBO Now/Go seem to never be perfectly lined up. If you are watching along with the thread and find that your stream is ahead of most people, show some courtesy and wait a few moments before reacting in the thread. No one wants to have things spoiled right before they happen.

Don't wait for us Brits, though. Sky are absolute bastards who put adverts into a show that wasn't built for them so we're going to inevitably be behind by a growing amount every ad-break.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
You really do need to add Jorah Mormont. He's been in the show since the first episode.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Everytime GOT comes back, I want to get back into finishing the books. Do we know how radiclaly different the future books will end up? Kinda hate watching the show without reading the books, but it's too late now

The show is well past the books now isnt it?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Everytime GOT comes back, I want to get back into finishing the books. Do we know how radiclaly different the future books will end up? Kinda hate watching the show without reading the books, but it's too late now

The show is well past the books now isnt it?

George says the destination is roughly the same, but the journey is radically different. But then again he also promised to write the books in the first place.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I need to study for 8hr straight and then GOT time, lets fucking do this

Sceptre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if i want to hold off watching these until the last episode airs, so i can binge through the whole season in one sitting, how impossible will it be to avoid spoilers? 🤔

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
if i want to hold off watching these until the last episode airs, so i can binge through the whole season in one sitting, how impossible will it be to avoid spoilers? 🤔

It shouldn't be hard. Just don't come into this thread or use social media or the internet or talk to your friends.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Probably pretty impossible, with how mainstream / popular the show is.

Status
Not open for further replies.