• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
What a shitty feeling.

I made a prediction and got the show spoiled and a warning out of it. What a mess, lol. Really subverted what I expected would happen when I first posted. It's funny how people who are worried about other people spoiling things often end up calling attention to and cementing things as actual spoilers in threads.
Cersei endgame theory
I would be down. I could imagine them going for
some kind of anticlimax where nobody gets the kill on Cersei and she just dies in childbirth.

This whole season has felt like they're simultaneously rushing through plot lines and dragging their feet, so it's hard to guess when exactly anything will happen. Next episode could be all battle again, or the fighting could be over in the first 20 minutes, and I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
#CerseiCrew represent! Our Queen will not be defeated!
I'm happy for you lot. To watch your queen humiliated; witness her Mountain tear apart her enemies; sit back in awe as she spectacularly took matters into her own hands and destroyed all who opposed her; be gripped by fear as new enemies gather in incredible numbers to end her reign, and be stunned and amused as these enemies trip all over themselves as they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Must feel great.

Cersei probably went back to the Red Keep perplexed and asked Qyburn, "did he really say that he knew that I wasn't a monster?!" 🤔

giphy.gif

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say, before we get bogged down in the last few episodes, a round of applause for our host shira and the work they do managing both GoT threads. Really appreciate your efforts.

AaqJvsj.gif

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
While I think he's just being coy here, it will be interesting to see how the actors viewed this last season in later interviews. I remember in the Battle for Winterfell episode featurette Dinklage rightly pointed out the absurdity of putting the defenseless people down in the crypts.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy for you lot. To watch your queen humiliated; witness her Mountain tear apart her enemies; sit back in awe as she spectacularly took matters into her own hands and destroyed all who opposed her; be gripped by fear as new enemies gather in incredible numbers to end her reign, and be stunned and amused as these enemies trip all over themselves as they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Must feel great.

Cersei probably went back to the Red Keep perplexed and asked Qyburn, "did he really say that he knew that I wasn't a monster?!" 🤔

giphy.gif

NgwQFQ3.gif

The only thrones I have watched are the very first episode and episode 3 of this season because I wanted to see some epic Lord of the Rings Helms Deep shit go down.

I'm in for the last two episodes though because fuck it why not. I want to see the train wreck along with everybody else.

Fortunately my #CerseiCrew have kept me in the loop so I am an expert.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
just Need rhaegal to come back.

End of season 6 with dany and her huge armada to standing in front of KL, like how far you've fallen my queen 😭

Last edited:

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
NgwQFQ3.gif

The only thrones I have watched are the very first episode and episode 3 of this season because I wanted to see some epic Lord of the Rings Helms Deep shit go down.

I'm in for the last two episodes though because fuck it why not. I want to see the train wreck along with everybody else.

Fortunately my #CerseiCrew have kept me in the loop so I am an expert.

You don't even watch the show?!

cersei_eye_roll-DMID1-5gnupwnl2-245x253.gif

Booo!

Jan 31, 2018
On the surface all of season eight is 'not that bad'. Still entertaining in spots; a good spectacle at worst. But take five seconds and actually think what it does to the rest of the series and yeah, it's pretty bad.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
On the surface all of season eight is 'not that bad'. Still entertaining in spots; a good spectacle at worst. But take five seconds and actually think what it does to the rest of the series and yeah, it's pretty bad.

The only uniquely awful part of season 8 for me is that the apocalyptic long night brought on by the army of the undead is just a footnote now. Basically just a justification for why Dany's forces against Cersei has been halved.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm at the point where the only satisfactory conclusion they could give me is a scenario where Cersei wins. She's the only one who they have consistently been true to. Her winning would actually feel deserved and they didn't butcher any of her character arc to get her to where she is (besides that bit last episode where she doesn't just kill them all, because that's not Cersei at all).

Cersei winning would also fit perfectly with the fucked up world we live in anyways.
At this point I just want Bran to do something! That's all I care about now. I'm just too damn disappointed.
I swear when I have time I'm going to edit a video together showing the show contradicting itself in just these recent seasons. Remember, Daario was left behind by Dany specifically because she knew she'd have to marry someone to make alliances in Westeros. Then when the very first real potential ally presents herself in Jon Snow, The King in the North, and despite being attracted to him, she doesn't suggest the piss easy solution of them getting married. Instead, she complains about him not bending, refuses to listen to his pleas for aid, and then asks him to go on a pointless suicide mission. ALL of that instead of just marrying the dude and immediately bringing the North to her side.

And now, suddenly she doesn't want to marry because she doesn't wish to "share the throne." What a load of horse shit. Also, what happened to Tyrion talking to her specifically about a successor? She mentions she can't bare children, thus her legacy dies with her. But, she refuses to entertain any means by which she might name a successor. What?!?!?
They ruined everything. I wish somehow we can get a proper retelling.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Just rewatched episode 4 and I liked it more than the first time. I gotta say the reaction has been way out of proportion to the quality of the episode. The first 50 minutes or so are really great and the last 20 are no where near bad enough to warrant the vitriol going around.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 4 kinda unraveled the whole thing for me in a way that season 5-7 thus far have not, try as they did. It's like the penny dropped and idgaf anymore about how they end this and just here for the fuckery now.

When you try to move plot like that so fast, every action a character on screen makes feels so weightless and pointless(and also very very dumb) because they can just engineer w/e fucking thing they want now as long as it makes sense to D&D. Such a strange feeling watching ep 4....its like some made up show that did not have 7 seasons of setup before it and instead things just happen now.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The only uniquely awful part of season 8 for me is that the apocalyptic long night brought on by the army of the undead is just a footnote now. Basically just a justification for why Dany's forces against Cersei has been halved.
Plus the night king was built up to be the end game big bad for years. Boom he's done after one battle and we still don't know wtf he wanted beyond "me kill".

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love how the show keeps cutting away right when a conversation is going to get interesting. It's crazy we didn't see Bran tell his sisters about Jon's parentage or Cercei strike a deal with Tyrion was season.

Status
Not open for further replies.