• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
fA2VZcM.png

I wish you good fortune in the wars to come
Shit really boggles my mind he threw it all away for a peasant and thought his people would accept it. Green as grass.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Book: Robb is injured and grief-stricken over the "death" of his brothers and finds comfort with a high-born maiden. His honour dictates he marry her.

Show: "You're hot, fuck my oath to Frey"

D&D.jpg

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope we get another Dark Queen Cersei scene like this before her reign inevitably ends.

The thought I'm most worried about/disturbed by is her pulling something like this with
wildfire on Daenerys and/or Jon.

"I've heard you are immune to fire, my maester and I would like to test that theory"

or

"Starks should not travel south. I saw to what was done to Eddard Stark here first hand. I remember what happened to your uncle and grandfather when they traveled here to meet the mad king –or should I say your grandfather? I've heard you're a very brave man, Warden of the North. Can you save this false queen you chose to kneel to instead of me?" *Dany gets burned while Jon dies in his own contraption while trying to save her*

Probably way too much of a bummer, and somewhat relies on people knowing history/book stuff, though. Whatever it is, the way those interviews with the actors sound, it seems like it's going to be... not triumphant for anybody.
how can a joke be a prediction? That is not how things work.

"Turns out Jon is actually Superman" is not a spoiler or a prediction.
It's going to be a weird couple of weeks

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
May as well just start placing everything in spoiler tags at this point.

I've been watching those videos going around about the lukewarm responses from the cast regarding the conclusion. I can't tell if they're joking.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
The thought I'm most worried about/disturbed by is her pulling something like this with
wildfire on Daenerys and/or Jon.

"I've heard you are immune to fire, my maester and I would like to test that theory"
I'm honestly expecting Cersei to
have a vast undead army of her own thanks to her pet necromancer, especially after he got inspired by seeing the wight.
She has had all the time in the world to scheme and prepare.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Book: Robb is injured and grief-stricken over the "death" of his brothers and finds comfort with a high-born maiden. His honour dictates he marry her.

Show: "You're hot, fuck my oath to Frey"

D&D.jpg

They have a good relationship that is built over multiple episodes across 2 seasons. This is some nitpicky fear of all changes from the book lazy criticism

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have a good relationship that is built over multiple episodes across 2 seasons. This is some nitpicky fear of all changes from the book lazy criticism

Heh it changes Robb's character a lot. He marries Jeyne out of honor. He marries Talysa because she's hot. One is in line with the character, the other is not.

An actual minor nitpick. In the show they marry by the 7, which makes no sense whatsoever, being as Robb is a Northener and Talysa is from Essos.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Heh it changes Robb's character a lot. He marries Jeyne out of honor. He marries Talysa because she's hot. One is in line with the character, the other is not.

An actual minor nitpick. In the show they marry by the 7, which makes no sense whatsoever, being as Robb is a Northener and Talysa is from Essos.

Robb married Jeyne out of honor is bull. He fell in love with her and made up an excuse.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RT

Don't think people realise this. I was one of them but when examining Robb's war plans he had to cross the Twins to avoid Tywin?

Yeah. Roose Bolton marched south on the Kingsroad to meet Tywin near the Trident. Robb crossed the Twins so he could go west and then south, so he could surprise Jaime near Riverrun.

Unlike the current stupidity, there used to be actual strategy in GoT.

James Darmody

Nov 22, 2018
It occurred to me that from the moment Dany and co arrived in Westeros, Varys or Tyrion could have led a strike team of Unsullied into the secret passages of the Red Keep to depose Cersei without even using her dragons. Though dragons and Dothraki at the gate would have been a good diversion. Hell, they could have used Davos to smuggle them in.

Yep Cersei should've been washed by s6e2 or s6e3

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Robb married Jeyne out of honor is bull. He fell in love with her and made up an excuse.

He... wasn't in love with her, though. Not at first.

The reason he slept with her in the books is because he was heavily drugged on milk of the poppy and other herbs blended by Sybell Spicer, Jeyne's mother (herself the granddaughter of Maggy the Frog, who dealt Cersei her prophecy, and was best known for love potions). Compounding that, while abed, he received news of Winterfell's capture and Bran and Rickon's ostensible deaths.

He slept with Jeyne out of grief, while maliciously drugged out of his mind because Sybell Spicer was conniving with Tywin Lannister, and married her directly after.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The reason he slept with her in the books is because he was heavily drugged on milk of the poppy and other herbs blended by Sybell Spicer, Jeyne's grandmother (herself the granddaughter of Maggy the Frog, who dealt Cersei her prophecy, and was best known for love potions). Compounding that, while abed, he received news of Winterfell's capture and Bran and Rickon's ostensible deaths.

He slept with Jeyne out of grief, while maliciously drugged out of his mind because Sybell Spicer was conniving with Tywin Lannister, and married her directly after.

This is a good post. I'm still going through my ASOS reread, but if i remember correctly:

She also makes Jeyne drink a herbal tea every day, that is heavily implied to be 'abortion tea', preventing her from giving him an heir.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
This is a good post. I'm still going through my ASOS reread, but if i remember correctly:

She also makes Jeyne drink a herbal tea every day, that is heavily implied to be 'abortion tea', preventing her from giving him an heir.

Correct.

And there's no implied about it — she directly tells Jaime as much later on.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
What's really interesting is that these aren't long-time actors giving the show this shade. These are actors who basically owe their entire acting existence to the show. No one would know who Emilia Clarke or Kit Harington are if not for this show.

That kind of exposure normally brings with it a kind of eternal gratitude for the opportunity regardless of the quality. It sounds like they've felt this way for some time and are just now letting it out.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
The whole atmosphere around this final season in the media is weird. Even in their behind the scenes stuff, people like Dinklage are just openly throwing shade at dumb stuff that has happened on the show

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

The reason he slept with her in the books is because he was heavily drugged on milk of the poppy and other herbs blended by Sybell Spicer, Jeyne's mother (herself the granddaughter of Maggy the Frog, who dealt Cersei her prophecy, and was best known for love potions). Compounding that, while abed, he received news of Winterfell's capture and Bran and Rickon's ostensible deaths.

He could have easily claimed as much, but never makes any statements supporting that. He could have fathered a bastard, others have. Marrying her was not honorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.