• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FRV

Oct 27, 2017
What is inconsistent? Rhegal wings were fucked up and he was already injured before he died and Dany was prepared this time. I suppose they could have hidden some ballista away from view if I had to nitpick.

I just think it's inconsistent that they can't hit for shit when they have multiple ballistas tracking a dragon versus Euron 3 shoting a Dragon from a very far distance while it moving. Maybe it was all Euron and he got nerfed.
I'm not saying hitting a dragon is easy but after what Euron did I want too see some minor consistency.

Drogon taking some minor hits would also build some tension, which would build upon the latest ballista scenes but there was none of that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Just because there is foreshadowing doesn't mean the actual turn is well developed or executed, it wasn't.

There is a big character development gap between her dark impulses, isolation, and rule by fear....to burning the city she wished to rule to the ground.

Better writers wouldn't of left long-time fans having to scramble for piecemeal rationalizations to justify to other long-time fans why maybe it does make sense if you just look at it my way.
Yuuuuuup

Preach

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Nah and I'm not going to argue with someone who suggested that not having your hair done up properly or not wearing makeup is indicative of looking insane.
You are intentionally misrepresenting my comments and have been for some time now. I have told you idk how many times now that is not what I believed. I told you that her appearance was only a small fragment of why I believed that and that it's that combined with everything she had said and done leading up to that point. Not to mention the fact that she was actively behaving in a paranoid manner while talking g to Tyrion in that scene. So no it's not just that her hair wasn't done or that she wasn't wearing make up and yet you just keep repeating the lie anyway in order to try and dismiss what I have to say.

If you don't want to have a serious discussion and just want to be intentionally disingenuous then that's fine, but don't pretend that it's me that is being unreasonable in this situation.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, People here making mental gymnastics to understand why Dany went mad king. She has all her life fought to get the Iron Throne, only to lose it to John, lost her only friend, the only one who loves her with no conditions, two of her babies... If that is not enough, I dont know what to tell you.

The Wire had a terrible final season, yet people still talk about it. Hey, many people hate season 2, but people still call it one of the best ever.
It's been a while but I thought season 5 was acclaimed? I

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
We out here pretending it's all the same!

Season 1: saved mirri maz duur and lots of others from being raped
Season 2: killed psycho warlocks that wanted to imprison her for all time to do God knows what with their magic
Season 3: slavers, made sure to spare innocents
Season 4: hundreds slavers that crucified
innocent men, women and children slaves
Season 5: slavers
Season 6: slavers and rapists
Season 7: War and went over the top and burned war prisoners alive
Season 8: burns alive and kills hundreds of thousands of men, women and children after surrender and millions more will die in the aftermath, 2 episodes after she saves westeros and tens of millions of lives.

Guessing y'all kinda forgot too.

tBZU32T.gif

That image is one giant false equivalence. Yeah, Dany's done her fair share of killing over the years, but nothing even remotely close to deep-frying an entire city of innocent civilians and soldiers who had literally just laid down their arms and surrendered.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
S8E2 is fantastic and is one of the best episodes we have had since Season 4.

And despite the Long Night's many flaws, I think it's a good episode. I enjoyed it quite a lot, before the post-analysis kicked in anyway.

I'll like mostly agree with this. I was thinking a lot of things were dumb in the moment in Episode 3, but the spectacle and tension was so good that I enjoyed most of it.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok not sure how doing the same thing is supposed to prove a point. Other than you also being petty and attacking others. While being wrong ay lmao

I was highlighting that my post you quoted was made in jest. I don't actually think anyone who legitimately criticizes aspects of the show needs to automatically be dismissed.

Just the people with the really obnoxious superiority complexes like the two I quoted. Those people are fuckin' nerds.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all remember when these writers were going to do a show about the South successfully seceding from the Union, a premise people were notably wary of them exploring?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest takeaway is that for Dany to become the mad queen, they had to SACRIFICE Tyrions character to do it. If Tyrions character had stayed well.. in character from other seasons, none of this would happened.

Whats worse is they have the charcter himself admit to blunder after blunder to Dany.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
"Dany's arc was telegraphed!"

Hmm....

Tonight's episode, although a cool battle was SHIT as far as the writing and characters go. Jaime's character arc completely wasted, Arya suddenly turns heel because the Hound tells her she'll die (even though she didn't listen the past 5 times he said something similar), and of course Dany, just hand waving her straight into the realm of Anakin circa "I hate sand" era.

I don't get it, it's like the showrunners are RUSHING to finish it and don't give a shit about keeping the quality up.

I'd say if GRRM's book comes out I have $100 that the ending is going to be drastically different then this shit.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Lol, People here making mental gymnastics to understand why Dany went mad king. She has all her life fought to get the Iron Throne, only to lose it to John, lost her only friend, the only one who loves her with no conditions, two of her babies... If that is not enough, I dont know what to tell you.

The Wire had a terrible final season, yet people still talk about it. Hey, many people hate season 2, but people still call it one of the best ever.
Jon literally told her she was his queen. Jon marched for her. Gonna have to try harder than that.
My biggest takeaway is that for Dany to become the mad queen, they had to SACRIFICE Tyrions character to do it. If Tyrions character had stayed well.. in character from other seasons, none of this would happened.

Whats worse is they have the charcter himself admit to blunder after blunder to Dany.
Yep. They made Tyrion dumb as a rock for 2 seasons just to have this.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
We out here pretending it's all the same!

Season 1: saved mirri maz duur and lots of others from being raped
Season 2: killed psycho warlocks that wanted to imprison her for all time to do God knows what with their magic
Season 3: slavers, made sure to spare innocents
Season 4: hundreds slavers that crucified
innocent men, women and children slaves
Season 5: slavers
Season 6: slavers and rapists
Season 7: War and went over the top and burned war prisoners alive
Season 8: burns alive and kills hundreds of thousands of men, women and children after surrender and millions more will die in the aftermath, 2 episodes after she saves westeros and tens of millions of lives.

Guessing y'all kinda forgot too.
I honestly cannot believe this needed to be stated. That irony of people defending shit storytelling with that tweet is too much for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that was possibly the best episode this season. Really satisfied with how it turned out and the action scenes were top notch. Also I could actually SEE something this episode so that's a plus.
Agreed. The episode was a fantastic 80 minutes of television.

Seeing a very vocal minority screaming about the poor writing regarding Dany's decision to burn King's Landing has me scratching my head though. It's almost as if some people haven't watched the show and haven't picked up on the possibility that this was always a potential outcome. The show has laid it out pretty clearly. Especially considering with what's transpired in the previous episodes for the character.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How to fix a lot of problems with one simple change: Cersei throws Missandei off of the balcony when she hears the bells start ringing.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've only been invested in Arya for the past 2-3 seasons. This was a sloppy mess and completely out of character, but I gave up caring about Danny and Cersei and the Iron Throne a while back.

Does Danny have green eyes? Arya is going to kill her, right? Or will Jon do the deed?

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That inside the episode had me in literal tears. Do you have any idea idea what it's like growing up with an abusive family member? Going through your entire life with an awful jumble of fear and hatred while somehow rationalizing that it's somehow your fault? The scene where Viserys got killed was incredibly cathartic o me, only for the showrunners to come out and say that it was meant to show how awful Dany would become because her reaction to her abuser's death wasn't "proper".

Yeah, I kinda have an issue with people handwaving away those dislikes as just "nerds".
She had zero reaction to her brother getting his face melted. She constantly comes off as cold blooded when it comes to her view of justice. Typically that justice as been morally correct, but as the seasons went on it was often her advisors keeping her from doing more harm

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Just because there is foreshadowing doesn't mean the actual turn is well developed or executed, it wasn't.

There is a big character development gap between her dark impulses, isolation, and rule by fear....to burning the city she wished to rule to the ground.

Better writers wouldn't of left long-time fans having to scramble for piecemeal rationalizations to justify to other long-time fans why maybe it does make sense if you just look at it my way.
I've already said they butchered the execution and rushed it. I am just saying it's not completely out of nowhere.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just watching the episode and WHHHAAAAAAAAA?

Last episode the fleet had pinpoint 360 noscope accuracy and killed a dragon and a fleet.

Now Dany burned ALL THE SCORPIONS IN THE ENTIRE MOTHERFUCKING FLEET AND THE CITY, SAFE LIKE A FUCKING KITE IN THE BREEZE?! Are you shitting me??!!!

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

They had to sacrifice Tyrion's character, make Euron a god-like shot for only one episode, make the Scorpions have stupidly huge effective range for only one episode, make Cersei not take advantage of Dany's weakness like she hasn't done that type of shit the ENTIRE show, make Jon idiotically tell Dany about being a targ, make Jon idiotically tell Sansa about being a Targ, and then, finally, in the after episode segment have the writers basically spell out that if Dany had gotten fucked by Jon in the same episode she goes genocidal, she would not have gone genocidal.

Oh, and have everyone forget about the time Dany's dragon got shot by a scorpion and the fact that the Iron Fleet would probably intercept them.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If the final episode has an opening sequence I wonder if they'll bother to show King's Landing in ruins.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Both Tyrion and Varys became shells of themselves the moment they joined up with Dany. This shit "war" against Cersei could've been done Season 7 episode 1.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
Just watching the episode and WHHHAAAAAAAAA?

Last episode the fleet had pinpoint 360 noscope accuracy and killed a dragon and a fleet.

Now Dany burned ALL THE SCORPIONS IN THE ENTIRE MOTHERFUCKING FLEET AND THE CITY, SAFE LIKE A FUCKING KITE IN THE BREEZE?! Are you shitting me??!!!
Euron lost his aim hack in this episode because the sun was shining a bit too much.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
How to fix a lot of problems with one simple change: Cersei throws Missandei off of the balcony when she hears the bells start ringing.

They had to build up rage for Dany. Even then, go goes against everything Dany stands for to just nuke the place. What the hell is she going to be queen of at this point. It's just so shoe horned in. Would have been better if it was like, THE FINAL BATTLE, where you have the Night King in Kings Landing, all the fighting going on, etc.... and she just nukes the place.

But yeah, that whole night king storyline, that wasn't ever really worth anything anyway.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Euron did not die a king.
Euron is not the father of Cersei's child.
Euron did not kill Jaime.
Euron died while Yara is the lord of the Iron Islands.

100% useless clown.
Seriously, the writing of Euron sucked major ass. Dude just loses his fleet after WRECKING the last dragon. Then he's like "well, we're fucked, we lost" lol

I get that Dany came down in an angle where the sun was in his eyes, but its really dumb that not a single shot hit after 4 perfect hits last episode. They really should've cut that out. One of the dragons should've died last week IMO, in the Night King battle.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Stannis fans I owe you lot the biggest of apologies. I enjoyed watching your loser King get dragged in the mud (it's still funny to me dammit...20 good men lol), but you guys have insisted that D&D butchered him in the show. I was wrong to laugh at your pain. I know how it feels now.

Status
Not open for further replies.