• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Dany never really needed to marry for an alliance in Westeros, she was fucking loaded at the end of S6. She had 3 dragon, Unsullied, Dotharaki, second sons, the Tyrells, Dornes and Greyjoys. She could have won the war right there.

And honestly it might have been cool if S7 began in the spot it is now, Dany invades King's Landing, and Cersei places human shields all over the city, has potential for this hyped conquest to become a tragic massacre. Seeing Dany and Tyrion fail so much felt much less developed and is in the shadow of the superior storyline of stark resistance earlier on.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Now that I think about it, it's really dumb that Tyrion thinks a bunch of half starved peasants with no training or weapons can overthrow Cersei and her Lannister soldiers, which Tyrion highly praised in S7, and an elite mercenary army.

Was he thinking they'd just mass at the gate and open it or was he hoping there be another poorly guarded royal procession to waltz through the city while the peasants are angry and starving?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Nobody makes sense in this show anymore. Every single major character acts out of character and or constantly contradicts themselves.

The most ridiculous two from last episode were Cersei and Tyrion. Cersei acting like she hasn't wanted him dead for years and has an active contract out on his life - letting him live. And Tyrion still talking to her like the past four seasons haven't happened. "You're not a monster".

D&D are just phoning it in. It's hilarious watching them somberly discuss the episodes in the wrap up as if we've just watched was some kind of deep series of character studies and dramatic, surprising moments.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Plenty of people cross-post. I've cross-posted. Are there people who post predictions/theories influenced by leaks? Eh, there's a couple of posts that have made me raise an eyebrow but theories in these threads are all over the place so I'm not sure how you can get spoiled here on anything.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Pathetic for anyone who posts spoilers as theories and want to be congratulated for it or see if they can bend the spoilers rules. Sad.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Plenty of people cross-post. I've cross-posted. Are there people who post predictions/theories influenced by leaks? Eh, there's a couple of posts that have made me raise an eyebrow but theories in these threads are all over the place that I'm not sure how you can get spoiled here on anything.
I guess best we can do now make a new forum rule that people have to put their predictions in spoilers. Maybe?

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
lol do the Lannisters have control over The Twins?
Lol No. their stooges the Freys sorta did, that is until Arya mass murdered them all.

Speaking of that whole region. Jaime allows the remaining Tully forces to leave Riverrun alive. Sansa had sent Brianne to inform her uncle to bring himself and his forces north to join her against the Boltons. Yet we never see those forces again after the siege of Riverrun was over. On top of that, didn't Jaime promise to send Edmure, his wife, and his baby to Casterly Rock if he helped get the castle to surrender?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Title updated per OP's request.

shira if you want the wording to be different let me know. And remember you can report your OP and request title changes which might get it done faster than pinging mods.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I actually just posted a prediction. I've put it in spoilers now. Sorry if anybody didn't want to read it or it lined up with leaks. If you've looked at the leaks and it lines up, maybe don't quote it and imply that it's correct? Because that's what is actually spoiling it for people. Me included.

Tanerian and TheBlackNamekian, please scrub your quotes of my post
Gee, what a prediction.
Uh, yikes.

I guess I got it. Cool, thanks for spoiling it for me and anybody who read it by trying to be a backseat mod.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I actually just posted a prediction. I've put it in spoilers now. Sorry if anybody didn't want to read it or it lined up with leaks. If you've looked at the leaks and it lines up, maybe don't quote it and imply that it's correct? Because that's what is actually spoiling it for people. Me included.

Tanerian and TheBlackNamekian, please scrub your quotes of my post

Uh, yikes.

I guess I got it. Cool, thanks for spoiling it for me and anybody who read it by trying to be a backseat mod.

You're quoting the person quoting you thus further spreading it.

7hNUI0Y.jpg

:p

Jan 31, 2018
It turned into generic TV once the source material ran out. Still entertaining in spots but of the 'turn off your brain' variety. Plotholes, shortcuts and inconsistencies galore. Without everything being spoonfed to them step by step, they're resorting to adding tension for tension's sake and it shows. The Sansa and Arya strife, the Sansa and Daenary's strife, the stupidly powerful scorpions, Qyburn being an all powerful genius, the dragons becoming useless and so easily defeated, Euron...just everything with Euron.

They really just handled season eight so poorly. It looks like they planned it so the first three episodes revolved around the Night King while the latter three would focus on the Iron Throne. But that's completely backwards to the theme they had been building up for the last 10 years basically. The Night Kings essentially becomes little more a side mission. It should have been the other way around or even better, intertwined. Instead, Daenery's, Tyrion, Varys and Sansa, basically all the characters end up looking like morons and the throne itself just doesn't mean as much.

I'm now at the point where I just want the spectacle since I know how unlikely it is that anything will be concluded in a satisfactory way. Bring on the horde of baby dragons from Drogon. Bring on the destruction of Kings Landing and everyone killing each other for the throne. It doesn't matter anymore.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Title updated per OP's request.

shira if you want the wording to be different let me know. And remember you can report your OP and request title changes which might get it done faster than pinging mods.
Thanks! Bit gutted some people were confirming what speculations had some truth in it based on out of context set pieces or whatever. On old forum threads people used to do it all the time by pretending book spoilers were speculation but I never knew which spoilers were true because there were so many theories.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Hey hey hey, Tyrion has made monumental fuckups and should prob lose his job but he isn't treasonous....yet
I don't know if he actually will be, but he's certainly toeing the line, and I could see him and Varys just getting bundled together by a pissed off Daenerys
You're quoting the person quoting you thus further spreading it.

7hNUI0Y.jpg

:p
I've drunk the cup with the iocaine powder, haven't I? shira, hit me with that "more wine" gif. Let's just end it

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think I'm at the point where the only satisfactory conclusion they could give me is a scenario where Cersei wins. She's the only one who they have consistently been true to. Her winning would actually feel deserved and they didn't butcher any of her character arc to get her to where she is (besides that bit last episode where she doesn't just kill them all, because that's not Cersei at all).

Cersei winning would also fit perfectly with the fucked up world we live in anyways.

Cersei winning would be tits. And when the ending comes, it is her new children who murder her to continue the whole circle for the throne once more.^_^

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I want cersei to have a monster baby like they implied Dany's from season 1 was

Just go full schlocky Alien ripoff. Qyburn just tents his fingers and looks pleased in the background

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Jon has been constipated since being resurrected and he will explode in a poop shower in King's Landing to take out Euron.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Dany never really needed to marry for an alliance in Westeros, she was fucking loaded at the end of S6. She had 3 dragon, Unsullied, Dotharaki, second sons, the Tyrells, Dornes and Greyjoys. She could have won the war right there.

And honestly it might have been cool if S7 began in the spot it is now, Dany invades King's Landing, and Cersei places human shields all over the city, has potential for this hyped conquest to become a tragic massacre. Seeing Dany and Tyrion fail so much felt much less developed and is in the shadow of the superior storyline of stark resistance earlier on.

Frankly would have made more sense too. Dany spent a lot of time when she reached Westeros doing fuck all. She seemed to ignore her advisors in Essos when she should have taken their advice, and generally seems to take their advice in Westeros when they've mostly been wrong (executing the Tarlys excluded...but that amounted to jack all apparently).

If she'd come in, immediately laid siege to Kings Landing either building up the concern about dead innocents or immediately filled the Red Keep with Dragonfire, then you'd have far fewer dead people, no Undead Dragon, Seven Kingdoms in Dany's control, and frankly it would have fit both Dany's character and a fitting end to the woman who blew up Baylor's Sept.

Like Olenna said, she should have been a Dragon.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Jon has been constipated since being resurrected and he will explode in a poop shower in King's Landing to take out Euron.
his backed up bowels releasing caused him to blast hundreds of feet into the air for a flying sneak attack. That's what Euron was squinting up at in the episode 5 preview.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing worse than her winning would be them pulling a sopranos fade to black.
I hope they just continue the fade to black nonsense they've been doing all season.
Right when things start going off in the battle for KL, they just do this:

giphy.gif

The next scene is Cersei dancing over the bodies of her enemies while Euron is behind her having a shit eating grin.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they just continue the fade to black nonsense they've been doing all season. Right when things start going off in the battle for KL, they just do this:

giphy.gif

The next scene is Cersei dancing over the bodies of her enemies while Euron is behind her having a shit eating grin.
LOL if the ending is
Tyrion getting blacked out from a blow to the head

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
At this point, I can't wait for this to get over with.

I guess I better go back to waiting for the books to get me some closure. You failed me TV show.

Oct 25, 2017
i suggest you guys avoid youtube, spoilers/leaks are coming up in my recommendations list lmao

Spiderman: far from home, trailer

have not seen Endgame yet, basically spoils everything, going by era threads on it. :|

I think I no longer care about rapid-fire products with spoilerphobia attached to them. Just binge on netflix and done.

Actually, binging The Alienist without ever having read the thread was a superb experience. Such a nice show.
Or The Terror, even with the thread. Or binging Mindhunter. All are good, and can be viewed without worrying about anything. So clearly it can be done.

Somewhat ironically, that's how I initially watched S1 of GoT long after it had come out. Frankly, I still think that was the better way to watch it. But then S1 was 'by the book' and exceptionally well made.

Oct 25, 2017
Cersei winning would be tits. And when the ending comes, it is her new children who murder her to continue the whole circle for the throne once more.^_^

#CerseiCrew represent! Our Queen will not be defeated!

Hindl Sweeney Swift

LOL if the ending is
Tyrion getting blacked out from a blow to the head

Haha that's not far off what I joked about a couple of weeks ago and would be hilarious. We won't get it though :(

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Now I can't tell which spoiler tags contain funny jokes and which contain speculation that might also correspond to the leaks.

All I want is funny jokes :(

Oct 25, 2017
Now I can't tell which spoiler tags contain funny jokes and which contain speculation that might also correspond to the leaks.

All I want is funny jokes :(

I got you fam. These aren't spoilery, or if they are it will be a shock to us all.

his backed up bowels releasing caused him to blast hundreds of feet into the air for a flying sneak attack. That's what Euron was squinting up at in the episode 5 preview.
I hope they just continue the fade to black nonsense they've been doing all season.
Right when things start going off in the battle for KL, they just do this:

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.