• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
It's quite simple actually. I don't like people who revel as pigs in shit at the perceived 'failures' of this unprecedented show and I wish to share my contempt for them.

So people who want to passionately discuss their feelings about something they've been watching for 9 years and reading for 20+ years are just "pigs in shit" and nothing that they say is valid or interesting or genuine? It's all just that they are HAPPY that they can complain, right?

If you think their arguments are so puerile and contemptible, engage them and offer your response. Otherwise, you're just another self-satisfied and smug internet "intellectual" who thinks the fact that they like what dragon show did makes them superior to anyone who didn't like what the dragon show did, and who contributes absolutely nothing of value or anything worth an ounce of critical thought.

Posts like this are ten times more negative, ignorant, and critically stifling than anything said by anyone who critiques the show.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
She wasn't deliberately trying to kill the civilians in King's Landing. She was going after Cersei and the remnants of her army. In order to do that she was always going to end up killing innocent people. Cersei even placed a bet on that to insure her own security. Dany saying fuck it and not caring about not being loved and liked anyone results in people dying.
Nope, look at the episode. There are several moments in Dany's rage where Drogon's attacks are aimed at streets with no soldiers on it. Hell, most of the destruction is away from the Red Keep, Dany only starts attacking the Red Keep itself around the time the Cleganebowl happens. If she was going after Cersei, why would she not directly fly to the Red Keep? The only reason Cersei died in the attack is because all the exits were conveniently blocked off, otherwise she and Jaime would've had time to escape.

Oct 25, 2017
I think most people see it as character assassination because it feels rushed as fuck.

Daenerys thinking she's on a hero's journey, only to become the villain, has always been a likely outcome, but there has been no nuance or texture in the transition recently. It feels like we're jumping from plot point to plot point with people like Varys inserted to tell us "Oh, she's crazy now, btw" because her actions don't speak for themselves.
Yeah, this is probably it. Lot of Dany fans have whiplash from how fast she changed I guess.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
She wasn't deliberately trying to kill the civilians in King's Landing. She was going after Cersei and the remnants of her army. In order to do that she was always going to end up killing innocent people. Cersei even placed a bet on that to insure her own security. Dany saying fuck it and not caring about not being loved and liked by anyone results in people dying.

No, she was definitely going after civilians. Straight up strafing runs on streets with little to no soldiers.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
My thoughts around Tyrion. He's always misread women so people saying he is magically dumbed down this season is forgetting that aspect of him. His major misjudgements have always been a result to this. Its not necessarily from just women he's loved but just women in general.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
From a YT comment:

Game of Thrones Patch 8.05 notes:
- Scorpions now have -50% hit rating
- Iron Fleet may now only fire one bolt at a time
- Buildings and structures now take 500% more dragonfire damage. (Developers notes: We noticed that dragonfire was ineffective against buildings and structures in previous patches (8.03) for the Army of the Dead faction, to a point where a single Hero class could hide behind a rock and take zero damage. We believe this hotfix will address future dragonfire siege damage against buildings)
- Daenerys Hero class and infantry for Targaryen faction have had their sanity reduce by 100% and will often attack random enemy and neutral units
- Arya hero class health increased by 400%

giphy.gif
This is A-MEI-ZING!

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
Unquestionably the worst arc of the show.

They really fucked that one up
As someone who actually likes this episode I will agree that Jaime's turn back to Cersei doesn't feel earned. It comes across as "Well he's supposed to end up in this situation according to Martin" situation where they weren't told why.

Oct 25, 2017
lmao

i'm all in on the grrm truther train
It's a train I'm willing to board, lmao.

Uh wow. That was no slip of the tongue because he had to wait for the translator and slow down what he was saying.
Exactly, either he's been misinformed or there is some truth to it.

What he say, shit service at the moment
Books are coming soon. Like really soon. The only thing I don't buy is book 7 being done as well lol.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
I'm not denying that's a valid criticism but based on the hyperbolic takes everywhere it's clear a ton of people didn't want Dany going mad queen at all and are very upset.
I agree, people have spend years falling in love with the character. In my mind had they written it properly it would be a masterful ending

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is all Bran's fault. Sitting around playing Virtual Crow Simulator while knowing millions are about to die? Couldn't think of letting somebody know?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not denying that's a valid criticism but based on the hyperbolic takes everywhere it's clear a ton of people didn't want Dany going mad queen at all and are very upset.
I mean they basically set her up and ran with a sort of feminist overcomes obstacles idea for a bit there so yeah some people will be upset that she did this at all. The marketing pushed that, and they leaned pretty hard with it at times in dialogue.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Ordinarily I'd be right there with you but the show is impossible to take seriously at this point. There's such a degree of detachment that it kind of was hilarious at times, much like episode 3.

As awful as the show had become, I was still convinced that at least Jaime would be killing Cersei. Not even that happened. It's insane just how much of a disaster this is.

I'm hoping the speculation that Winds release will be announced after next week's episode is true. I shouldn't, but I can't help myself. Please let it be true :c
There were times that I laughed at the episode.

Arya : come with me, you'll die here!

*immediately runs them into dothraki blades and dragon fire*

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
I think book 6 is done. Book 7 being done is wishful thinking.

And GRRM has repeatedly said it's not done. He could just be silent instead of lying

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
I don't think that's what's happening though. Sure the Internet and ERA can be an overly cynical, negative place. But people legitimately criticizing a particular episode, especially the morning after it airs, are not reveling in the show's failures. If you can't understand why some people would feel last episode was poor, you aren't really trying. You don't have to agree with it. For someone who seems to be arguing for reason, it's pretty inconsistent to insult a bunch of people for how they perceive a television show. It suggests perhaps that you aren't using reason yourself and are reacting emotionally. Which is a bit ironic considering the way you lambasted people for doing something similar.
I'm not addressing those with legit criticisms. I have plenty of those myself. But there were plenty of live posters who were basically right from the off gleefully and continually shitposting without substance page after page.

I think the show is an astonishing achievement despite its faults (which as stated I consider to be a hangover of trying to remain faithful to Martin for too long). I take your point about an emotional reaction but it is natural to feel anger when confronted with lazy contempt for the things we enjoy and respect.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
From a YT comment:

Game of Thrones Patch 8.05 notes:
- Scorpions now have -50% hit rating
- Iron Fleet may now only fire one bolt at a time
- Buildings and structures now take 500% more dragonfire damage. (Developers notes: We noticed that dragonfire was ineffective against buildings and structures in previous patches (8.03) for the Army of the Dead faction, to a point where a single Hero class could hide behind a rock and take zero damage. We believe this hotfix will address future dragonfire siege damage against buildings)
- Daenerys Hero class and infantry for Targaryen faction have had their sanity reduce by 100% and will often attack random enemy and neutral units
- Arya hero class health increased by 400%

giphy.gif

Bahaha that's great.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man, some of you are a bit much, tbh. Jamie's ultimate story arc was awful but the episode was pretty enjoyable in my opinion. Certainly nothing to be pissed off over.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Loses to a man with one hand who has been riding for weeks and jailed . . . .
It was more like a draw, Euron mentioned about taking credit for killing the famous Jaime Lannister when he was already mortally wounded and later finished off in the collapse. Euron might have also been a bit exhausted from swimming and overestimated Jaime like yourself.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Arya arc doesn't make any sense at all as well...

The only really good payoff of the last 2-3 seasons was John being elected King in the North.

Oct 28, 2017
Dany's actions are totally unmotivated and unconvincing to me. And I really don't think it's a bias for her character, it's poorly plotted out writing. I simply don't accept that the Dany as depicted in this show would do what she's shown doing. Nope, not buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.