• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Me, the entire goddamn episode:

aa54dcathzx21.jpg

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you sure thats why he was banned? The Bells thing seemed pretty obvious to me once they started repeating it over and over again in the episode. It was "The Crypts are safe!" all over again.
He was banned for posting spoilers as speculation (no evidence of this) and trolling (trying to defend himself).

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
We never see Dany riding Drogon while the city burns.

That is because Drogon is in charge and killed everyone in an act of revenge. He snapped after his brother was killed by Euron the clown.

Drogon will sit on the Iron Throne.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still trying to process how bad this episode was. The best thing about last night's episode was that the stream crapped out and I switched over to watch Kawhi's epic shot in game 7 because of it.

While a feel different on the show than you do...

That Kawhi shot tho

OT: I HATE that Jamie was done the way he was. The more I think about it the less bad it is, but I hate it. I wanted him to finally turn for us. Dany turning wasn't a surprise at all though, and Tyrion did telegraph the bells stuff.

I haven't thoroughly read the leaks, so I never saw anything about the bells. But there is something I did read on accident just by coming across it, I'm tempted to just go read them to confirm if it was right.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I low key like the fact that didn't go with what everyone was thinking.

No, it went pretty similar to how I thought it would go out.

I think Cersei being a mess, cowering in the cellar of Kings Landing is a fitting end for her as a character (ignoring Episode 4 and the fact she could have easily ended the war in a second if she wanted to with Danny showing up at Kings Landing)

Jamie? Yea, they nuked his character.

Danny going mad queen? It's been telegraphed for ages and was one of the only ways to get Jon to betray her. Either way this series was ending with Jon flipping on Danny after seeing her burn an entire city down, or Danny becoming hyper paranoid (a better approach in my view) and start executing people she believes are plotting against her to get Jon to take the thrown.

We got both, but frankly it would have been a more rewarding pay off to have Mad Queen bubble up after the battle as she deals with the fact everyone knows Jon has the rightful claim. Her paranoia would have been more captivating (if given enough time to mature) than just having her go on a genocidal rampage and turn 100% evil.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
xohbssjwdwx21.png

I honestly don't know how people still defend the two clowns. Fuck D&D

Yea this to me was the most damning...

Like I can forgive the sharp turn for khaleesi being that there were subtle implications of her becoming that, just it wasnt fleshed out enough, but the jamie lannister stuff is inexcusable

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sooooo... burn down a surrendered city?

She doesn't have a legitimate claim to the throne, and thanks to Varys the whole kingdom knows that now.

If she wants the throne (which she does above all else) she's gotta take it by force. Prove that she's a force to be reckoned with.

She really didn't have any other way. It's what her ancestors did... Did that not lead to hundreds of years worth of peace?

Oct 27, 2017
I really dislike what they have been doing and what they did to some characters last night, but I still really enjoyed the episode. I just don't know where people are getting the energy to throw up their arms in anger now when I used up all of mine like 2 or 3 seasons ago.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
I'm curious why some of you guys are shocked she went Mad Queen.

Of all the shit she's been through, it's bound to happen and Varys/Jon's decisions earlier was the tipping point.

The writing for the Lannisters this episode was awful though. Fucking Jaime lol

Why the two dragons didn't go whole ham on the zombie army two episodes ago I'll never know.

They did. But that time there's a blue dragon interrupting them.

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
For what it's worth I thought the episode was fantastic, which came as a surprise to me since I didn't think GoT had much steam left. I honestly was not expecting things to turn out this way. I'm feeling fully invested again, which is awesome! I think I have a pretty good idea of how this will go down now.... :o

Oct 25, 2017
She doesn't have a legitimate claim to the throne, and thanks to Varys the whole kingdom knows that now.

If she wants the throne (which she does above all else) she's gotta take it by force. Prove that she's a force to be reckoned with.

She really didn't have any other way. It's what her ancestors did... Did that not lead to hundreds of years worth of peace?
Her ancestors didn't burn an entire city filled with innocents..they burnt armies and castles.
Aegon the Conqueror was smarter than this, this defense doesn't work. Though I'm sure she sees it that way.

There is no peace here, only ashes. Dany made a colossal mistake. She literally won before she went ballistic.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
My thoughts as well. Nothing she's has done so far has even sniffed destroying the entire city AFTER it had surrendered which is why it's a big leap for me and a lot of people it seems.

It's like two separate people wrote the script. One person wanted her to burn down the city, and the other wanted people to think she would but instead she would do everything the right way. Then the former decided to just tack on their scenario to the latter's story just because. Just torching the city after winning it with no civilian casualties, is just obscene as how forced it is. I was laughing through the whole thing because I knew what these idiots wanted me to feel, and because it was so idiotically plotted out, it turned into comedy.

This would be like the US still nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki when the Japanese has already unconditionally surrendered because reasons.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
I guess they'll live off their Game of Thrones royalties from now on, because how could someone possibly hire these two fucking garbage-ass HACKS.

They will be nuclear-grade toxic after this show is over. The massive negativity that is already swirling will follow them to the end of their existence.
This shit should be bannable. It's a TV show for fuck's sake. Yeah, people may not like the final season, but wishing their careers dead because you disagreed with how they wrote a show that was going to be a monumental task to write after book material ran out for ANY writer? Gross.

Shit like this is what makes TV shows like GoT not ever happen. They get too big and people literally go overboard with emotion.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Didn't she prove that when the entire army of Cersei's surrendered, though? Like, wasn't the point of them laying down their weapons because they knew that Dany could not be defeated? She had another way, she just chose to kill literally everyone instead because of "fear". Hell, she could have just gone after Cersei herself but even let her escape, the one who actually ordered the death of her friend and advisor.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No one was opposing her though. Cersei and the Lannisters, but they had just surrendered.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yes. And? Strange has a final outcome in mind when he made the decision to give up the time stone. What purpose did Bran have? We better find out next episode because otherwise what was the point?

Thats what I am saying. We don't know what the final outcome is yet. So maybe there is something better on the way. Also I am not entirely sure Bran can see the future in the same way he see's the past. In the books and in the show the things having to do with the future seem to be more like visions open to interpretation rather than Bran just standing there watching things as they happen. Jojen for example saw his hand on fire in the hut at Crastors. Melissandre has a similar experience with her visions in the flames.

Unless I missed something or forgot something? (which is 100% possible. Brans chapters were my least favorite chapters of the books)

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The more I think about it, completing Danny's arc by having her turn Mad Queen via executing those she believes is conspiring against her by burning them alive would have been rather poetic and fitting due to her Father's actions that helped fuel the initial rebellion in the first place.

She should have taken Kings Landing via her dragon, but not in a genocidal rampage, more in a "I don't care about collateral damage" way. She would have some plausible deniability when her council question her actions, and from there she continues down the path of madness as she flips on Jon and attempts to cement herself via pure fear of anyone uttering Jon's claim to the thrown.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
It could have worked better with more time. It was too rushed.

They also really are shit with showing the passage of time between traveling, etc. It makes it seem like all locations are next to each other, but in reality it probably took a month there and back.

The more I think about it, completing Danny's arc by having her turn Mad Queen via executing those she believes is conspiring against her by burning them alive would have been rather poetic and fitting due to her Father's actions that helped fuel the initial rebellion in the first place.

Uh, yeah. That is completely on the nose obvious. Everyone expected it. Which is why it's bad writing.

Oct 28, 2017

Nah, people are gonna be gunning for her because of how fucking crazy she is. Jon is gunna turn a blind eye to anyone looking to take her out. She's gonna lose the support of the people she needed most. Her actions only delegitimized her further.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Her ancestors didn't burn an entire city filled with innocents..they burnt armies and castles.
Aegon the Conqueror was smarter than this, this defense doesn't work. Though I'm sure she sees it that way.

There is no peace here, only ashes. Dany made a colossal mistake.

Did they not burn entire cities of they didn't surrender?

But yes, this probably does lead to her death. But, at least she'll be queen for a day... Which is all she ever wanted anyway, isn't it? There is nothing else in her existence that matters to her.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Another thing that makes no sense is Dany waiting for the bell before the genocide. I mean if she is already mad, then why wait for the bell before the massacre to begin with? just for shock the audience? lol

Bro have we been watching the same show? Dany is a brutal killing machine who loses her temper and kills tons of people ALL THE FUCKING time.

She watched as her brother had molten gold poured on his head.
She burned the masters alive.
She crucified the masters in Myreen.
She locked the Dothraki in a hut and burned them alive.
She massacred the Masters entire fleet and then burned 2/3 of them alive to send a message.
She massacred the entire Lannister army in the field.
She burned the Tarlys alive instead of putting them in jail. She burned Varys alive for betraying her.
She's wanted to burn Kings Landing to the ground SEVERAL times and was only talked out of it by Tyrion who she no longer trusts.

Dany has been on the edge of being a total fucking psycho the entire show but she always had someone with her to hold her back. It was Jorah or Missandei or Tyrion or Dario or what have you. Up until now her homicidal temper has been mostly limited to people we all thought "deserved it".

We must be watching different shows fam.

You really equating her killing bad guys and army on the battleground whom are actively trying to kill her to her killing hundreds of thousands of civilians that aren't part of the fight? pls.

At best i might agree with you about the Tarlys, but hell no to everything else.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Try what again? I didn't say those people didn't deserve to be killed. Obviously they did. That's not the point.

Burning people alive and massacring them isn't something sane people do. Regardless of what they are guilty of. Do you see civilized countries burning people alive for crimes? Those are the actions of a slightly insane person. And after witnessing all of that death and murder at her hands it's not surprising that she has gone full fucking mad queen. Not to mention the fact that her army has been defeated (mostly) and the two people she cared about the most have died recently one of them at the hands of Kings Landing (as Dany see its).

Oct 27, 2017
Yea this to me was the most damning...

Like I can forgive the sharp turn for khaleesi being that there were subtle implications of her becoming that, just it wasnt fleshed out enough, but the jamie lannister stuff is inexcusable
I guess I remember Jamie's heroics being a constant source of doubt to him and viewers throughout the show. It goes back to Ned catching him sitting on the throne. He suspected Jamie was never actually honorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.