• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I've been super optimistic all season trying to cut these guys slack but that finish was just the capstone on an abject lesson of how to fucking ignore your entire story so you can just finish your show as painlessly as possible

clemenx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Venezuela
You think Grey Worm gives a fuck or would have been thinking rational?

With Dany dying, he would have lost his girlfriend and the woman who gave him freedom.

There is no way you can tell me he doesn't kill Jon right there with how he was acting in these last episodes.
Yep it makes 0 sense that Drogon, Unsullied and Dothraki didn't unleash hell on earth with Dany being murdered.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
there was no resolution from Dany for what she did. No reaction from her when Tyrion tells her she massared a city. And none when Jon brings it up to her. She said she liberated King's Landing, and all Jon had to say was "but you won. why did you kill everyone anyway?"

but he didn't ask that. I wanted an explanation. Were they just incapable of putting together dialogue for her or something?

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Isn't a little ironic that Jon killed Dany like a bitch the same way he was betrayed and murdered?

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Just want to announce that I called King Brandon Stark over a year ago!!!

1cq24acrx3y21.png

ui9njjdjhpx21.png

They knew from the beginning that it was Bran Stark that would be King.

mokeyjoe

Dec 22, 2017
It was actually a really lovely ending. And it felt like the books again.

It's a shame about the 6 episode sprint to get there. I guess I wish GRRM had got on with the books quicker. All the stuff that comes from the books was always very well adapted, and in a sense this feels like GRRM at work again.

I thought maybe knowing how it all ends would diminish my desire for the remaining novels, but it's actually the opposite. It's felt like I flipped to the last chapter and now I want it know how it gets there.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I thought this was the best episode in the last 3 seasons, not a high bar but I actually enjoyed this and I'm pretty happy with where everyone landed.

The why they landed wherever is still a problem because of the ridiculous sprint to finish but I enjoyed this episode in its own.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great to see the small council again. Loved that. Happy Jon have proper love to Ghost. Everyone complained about it from the other episode without knowing if he'd see him again. Sad the show is over :( GOAT

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Grey Worm too stupid to choose own queen's successor, give power back to white people.

Sansa threaten us with 500 people from House Karstark.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Little drawn out, but overall I liked it. Way better than the last two episodes. Just a nice simple ending, which is alright by me.

I kind of feel like they should have made this a two night finale. Like, aired last week's episode last Saturday and this episode last Sunday. The first couple of scenes literally felt like they were cut from last week, and then an epilogue.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Welp, that was hand's down the worst episode for me this season. And the finale no less. So much about it was just really off for me. Hated Dany's death and way too many long scenes that were completely unnecessary. The writing was just completely awful. What a let down.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
The Night's Watch is pretty much now just a reform school, and Jon is the headmaster.

Well, after he... leads the WIldlings somewhere?

Why is Jon going with them? Tormund is all they need.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Jon is where he should be

Arya sails into the unknown like Numeria

Queen in the North

overall a shit season gives us a good ending IMO

nopressure

Oct 28, 2017
Meh. I could have enjoyed this episode if it wasn't in the context of everything else being bad. Amateur writing, plotholes, childish jokes and awful character arcs.

Daenarys wasn't even the same character that I've watched for 8 seasons.
Jon's whole story is a mess. He should have been killed by Drogon or the Unsullied instantly.
Bronn should be executed after his stunt earlier in the season. Why would anyone want him on the council.
Bran should never get the throne. Aside from the decision being illogical, he literally admitted he knew he'd be chosen. He intentionally screwed over everybody for the throne (including all of King's Landing) - he's as bad as Daenarys for letting the events unfold the way they did.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
While it wasn't perfect it concluded everything well enough and left enough open for spin-offs in the past and future timelines.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Bran can see the future and different outcomes, and he purposefully set in motions the actions that would make him king.
In the game of thrones you win or you die. Or you get pulled around in a sleigh by friends you willingly sacrifice while using your time lord skills to pull puppet strings fucking everyone else's lives over until you're king. #subverted!

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like where Jon, Arya, Sansa and Tyrion ended up.

Not thrilled Bran is King buy whatever.

Best episode of the season but still found it pretty damn boring.

Seasons 1-3 are some of the best television ever and it's a shame it turned out the way it did. Oh well.

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
JON AND GHOST BACK TOGETHER

Whole season redeemed, 10/10, best finale ever.

"For me the finale was really meh, but whatever, Chernobyl tomorrow!"]

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The vacuum Dany leaves and the way the show resolves it is so unlike everything we've seen in this show. It should be chaos. It should be backstabbing and asskissing and espionage and total pandemonium. Everyone is an Edmure or a Sansa. This should be like the last Estates General. Hell, the show has done this before with the office of Lord Commander.

Instead, a bunch of C-tier caricatures of the nobility assent to subjugation under a Northern Lord, even after one kingdom freely secedes, because...?

I guess no one wants to watch this shit drag on for another season - which is how long something like this would've taken six years ago - but the alternative is even worse. I'm not sure we needed it at all.
She burned the fucking city to the ground and killed like, half a million people.

There's no reason, none, that the smallfolk shouldn't be rallying around literally anybody and killing all of these lords who until five minutes ago were following the crazy burny lady. They rioted when Joff did something stupid and off-hand. A genocidal mass murderer's retune and retainers acting like they still get to rule over the people is so utterly insane that I'm amazed they didn't write at least something to address it even slightly.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
So...what was the whole thing with Varys writing those notes before he was killed?
Why are the listening to Tyrion but not letting Jon be king?

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Ok. After all the mess that came before, I did NOT expect to actually like the final episode and ending. I'm kinda satisfied. WHAT THE FUCK?

Only thing is that I wish they had made it two hours long and not fast forwarded weeks after Jon kills her. I wanted to see the reactions and tension.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, Hodor dying was like legit one of the most important things to happen in all of Westeros history it seems.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty fucking good ending all things considered. Wow.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Well, I suppose it wasn't as awful as I expected, but that's a low bar. Instead it was just really ... rote. Felt like the end to some low budget fantasy show like Shannara Chronicles rather than what was the biggest TV event of the decade.

I figured the Dany death was happening, though maybe him strangling her instead. Drogon slowly melting the throne for no reason was the first really awful moment of the episode - the stuff up to that was basically okay. Did like Tyrion searching for and finding Jamie and Cersei. So I guess it was true to form for the latter half of season eight - start off okay, trigger something stupid. I guess it was even at the place I predicted time wise.

I think my biggest groan came from Bronn being on the small council. Like, wtf? Why is Sam on it? Wouldn't it be years before it would make sense for him to be there?

Davos as Lord of the Fleet at least makes a little sense, though Yara would make more sense. Arya sailing west made no fucking sense, you ridden on two ships in your entire life! Bronn the Broken, really? At least Brienne did something besides cry.

Tyrion is going to be the worst 3rd time hand ever.

Can someone explain how Grey Worm takes liberty to slaughter Lannister army prisoners but not the person who uh... killed his queen?

Yeah I was a little perplexed by that... I mean it's been like 3 weeks by the time they have that meeting, why is Jon still alive? His whole ending makes no sense.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was D tier fanfiction bullshit from start to finish, you don't have to pretend it was good just because you like Sansa

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
They totally moved on from Dany without looking back or talking about it at all. And no one said "hey! Regicide!"