• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
So basically these people agree with the criticisms but still try to label people who didn't like the episode overall as people who would never be ok with it when that's a small minority of dany avatar twitter users
You are making really weird assumptions, do you feel attacked? And I don't know what you mean by "these people". It's one person writing a Twitter thread, are there two tribes in your mind fighting about this or something? With all the same opinions and beliefs, two camps those who disliked the episode and are right and those who liked it and are wrong. I don't know if he is reading Era and got the idea for writing that thread because of the criticism here, but I highly doubt it. He probably wrote it on the basis what he himself has observed, I don't know where but I assume social media plays a big part. What he sees in his feeds isn't necessarily same that you see.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Cersei's torture of choice for her was to watch her daughter's body rot and fall apart forever. As in, she'd be kept alive and probably even force-fed and the like.

Quite disturbing, I might say but it's a good thing Cersei's death was portrayed in a tragic manner, lol.
You're right, I had forgotten.

I guess the next question is, due bodies rot faster or slower when fast travel around Westeros occurs.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
She had like 10 k Unsullied when she got them.

Somehow she still has thousands left (with no replenishing their ranks) after fighting through Astapor, Yunkai, Meereen, the Sons of the Harpy, going through the Lannister armies, fighting the Army of the Dead and then fighting on the streets of King's Landing.

Is every individual Unsullied member like Sekiro? Do they also have the Dragon's Blood and Daenerys is the Divine Heir?

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Theon helped her escape the ship in like the first episode and then she went to retake the iron islands in case the white walkers were too strong. Then he fast traveled to Winterfell.

Idk how I missed/forgot that. But it's weird that that apparently is a valid plan, to just go back to the Iron Islands alone without much leverage after the people already claimed fealty to Euron as the Lord.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want a really dumb twist at this point. Please.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Here here

Dude has access to the entire history of the world and he's the most useless person in the show

I wish the NK offed him so there would be at least one major consequence from that
Now that Euron is dead, Bran is now my least favorite character

watch Bran just no show up in the finale

Don't talk about the protagonist like that. For shame.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Wait I just realized something... Didn't the keep get destroyed in the last episode? Doesn't that mean that the actual throne is destroyed too?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It's only believable based on that "half are left line"...it completely contradicts what happened in the battle of Winterfell. There should be like 5 left including Grey Worm.
Yep

It's also especially funny that basically all the unsullied and dothraki and valemen and northerners died but sam, jaime and all other important people (who werent even important to the finale) survived.

You are making really weird assumptions, do you feel attacked? And I don't know what you mean by "these people". It's one person writing a Twitter thread, are there two tribes in your mind fighting about this or something? With all the same opinions and beliefs, two camps those who disliked the episode and are right and those who liked it and are wrong. I don't know if he is reading Era and got the idea for writing that thread because of the criticism here, but I highly doubt it. He probably wrote it on the basis what he himself has observed, I don't know where but I assume social media plays a big part. What he sees in his feeds isn't necessarily same that you see.
By these people I mean people reposting him here in a counter effort to criticism.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
That picture just makes the writer's whole justification that she's concerned about people wanting to put Jon on the throne that much more ridiculous. So what? She still has a huge army and a god damn dragon. Good luck putting him on the throne. They are writing these characters like they are all idiots. Everyone of these characters is now a complete and utter buffoon.

This is why this season is hard to accept. The characters are just acting out of norm, they're also not behaving like you would expect people to behave.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Here here

Dude has access to the entire history of the world and he's the most useless person in the show

I wish the NK offed him so there would be at least one major consequence from that
I still think it's hilarious how Bran was like "I know everything that has happened and will happen", gives a history lesson to Sam, who is like..... actually, that's wrong. Bran is like.. oh.. really? You sure?

Lol

Oct 25, 2017
Wait I just realized something... Didn't the keep get destroyed in the last episode? Doesn't that mean that the actual throne is destroyed too?
We did literally see the Lannister lion that sits above the throne get toasted. I'm assuming we'll get it in (nearly) this exact state:

uHX7sDU.gif

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
That picture just makes the writer's whole justification that she's concerned about people wanting to put Jon on the throne that much more ridiculous. So what? She still has a huge army and a god damn dragon. Good luck putting him on the throne. They are writing these characters like they are all idiots. Everyone of these characters is now a complete and utter buffoon.
I don't know about you but I'm not afraid of giant dragons the size of 747s unless they have at least 50k kills.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I still think it's hilarious how Bran was like "I know everything that has happened and will happen", gives a history lesson to Sam, who is like..... actually, that's wrong. Bran is like.. oh.. really? You sure?

Lol
I don't remember that, was that about jon/aegon or another scene? Bc i thought they both came to the same conclusion for that

Oct 26, 2017
courtesy-of-hbo.jpg

New promo image.

Holy fuck! King's Landing is actually completely gone. It's literally just ruins now.

It didn't seem like that much damage was done last episode but I guess the fire spread tremendously.

Daenerys gonna rule from Dragonstone then or as Queen of the Ashes?
For those talking about how much of an army she has left, if you go through the painstaking process of counting these rows, there are about 60 in each row. If each row is about as long, and maybe goes past the camera and what we see a bit.... I count 32 rows total? But we can pretend there are a few more than we see, even though we see ruins to left and right blocking more from lining up. This is 3000 left at tops, if we're generous. That seems a lot less crazy since she started with 10,000.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
The way I see it, the justification works, as long as her actions follow it. And the realest action here would have been for her to try and execute Jon to strengthen her claim.

Woulda been a hell of a storyline. How would Tyrion, Varys, Davos, Grey Worm, etc. react?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I don't remember that, was that about jon/aegon or another scene? Bc i thought they both came to the same conclusion for that
It was during Jon's reveal (end of S7), Bran was like.. he's a Sand, and Sam is like no, I read X and Bran is like..... oh, you sure?

I mean it's not a huge deal and I still like that scene a lot I just think it's kinda funny in context

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
It was during Jon's reveal (end of S7), Bran was like.. he's a Sand, and Sam is like no, I read X and Bran is like..... oh, you sure?

I mean it's not a huge deal and I still like that scene a lot I just think it's kinda funny in context
Wait

How would Bran think he's a sand when he saw the birthing of Jon from Lyanna

What

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
For those talking about how much of an army she has left, if you go through the painstaking process of counting these rows, there are about 50-60 in each row. If each row is about as long, and maybe goes past the camera and what we see a bit....this is 3000 left at tops. That seems a lot less crazy since she started with 10,000.

There weren't 3000 of anything alive fighting by the end of that episode lol. Probably not even 30 let alone 3000. Were they having a coffee break in the back or something? This could have been made to work with just a line about how half the forces were kept in reserve at the neck in case Winterfell was overrun. But nope.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone remind me about book version Bran's capabilities? Because I quite frankly dislike creatures and people with essentially godlike powers in a setting like that. While I've read the books I've kinda forgotten what exactly happened to Bran so far, though I guess he didn't develop/get powers like show Bran yet or I would have remembered.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
courtesy-of-hbo.jpg

New promo image.

Holy fuck! King's Landing is actually completely gone. It's literally just ruins now.

It didn't seem like that much damage was done last episode but I guess the fire spread tremendously.

This looks pretty cool and it's a damn shame GOT had such an interesting culmination and it lacked the ability to set it up properly and play with it's consequences. Dany's turn is, by far, the most interesting aspect of this show in the last few years and we will go straight to resolve it right away in the next ep.

Oct 26, 2017
There weren't 3000 of anything alive fighting by the end of that episode lol. Probably not even 30 let alone 3000. Were they having a coffee break in the back or something? This could have been made to work with just a line about how half the forces were kept in reserve at the neck in case Winterfell was overrun. But nope.
Well, the real stupidity is after the episode with the white walker attack, because there should be have 20 people left. But there are people here acting like she has a million troops left, abut her overall army is still pretty small.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
For those talking about how much of an army she has left, if you go through the painstaking process of counting these rows, there are about 60 in each row. If each row is about as long, and maybe goes past the camera and what we see a bit.... I count 32 rows total? But we can pretend there are a few more than we see, even though we see ruins to left and right blocking more from lining up. This is 3000 left at tops, if we're generous. That seems a lot less crazy since she started with 10,000.
She got 8k in Astapor, and there were multiple battles leading up to Winterfell which the entire army appears to have been wiped out.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
courtesy-of-hbo.jpg

New promo image.

Cool looking image, but dumb as hell... Why would she even go into the burnt city and have her armies line up like that while it's raining ash all about?

Kaneda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
courtesy-of-hbo.jpg

New promo image.

Where the fuck did all those Unsullied come from?

Deleted member 9932

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck did Cersei even lose in the end. Still thinking about this.

A few ships with upgraded Scorpions killed a dragon in ep 4, a whole city full of them PLUS the ships firing at ONE dragon should have done the job.

Also, I remember Dany having way less troops. How'd so many come back all of a sudden? DnD were so obsessed with subverting my expectations that they forgot to provide a reason for why any of the things happened the way they did.

Dany mastered Ultra Instinct

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope this season ends with (speculation)

no one on the iron throne, and the seven kingdoms no longer being united.[/spoiler

Are bastard based on where they're born or to whom they are born? Because Jon Snow wasn't born in the North right (Ned's Official story)? So then Bran shouldn't be calling Jon by the Sand surname.
I think it's more where the parents themselves are from. Ned called him snow because his mother was from the North...is my guess.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He does state that he isn't talking about the criticism of the execution and acknowledges it himself that there are issues with the execution.

"And again, I'm not talking about criticism of "well the execution was awful."

Are there issues with Daenerys' descent into destruction and devastation? Undoubtedly. It's rushed, it's hypercondensed. It might flow better if the show had three more episodes, but it doesn't.

Are those criticisms of it unfair? Absolutely not. I'd agree with some criticisms of the pacing and connective tissue in "The Bells."

The concept is fine, but moving forward with it is a bad idea if you know you can't properly execute it in a believable way. No idea what that guy is trying to say.