• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say the fact that the entire mood seemed to change, with sunshine and rainbows just after Dany died kinda goes against everything this story stood for.

This isn't really a bittersweet ending. It's a happy ending for people who are able to stretch suspension of disbelief to unimaginable levels.

If GRRM goes the same route, I will film myself eating all of his books

any more death and tragedy past the mad queen turn/KL slaughter would've just made the show a bummer to end on. it was happier than i expected but not spielbergian

books will be another issue though

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
When Bran was like "I should check on Drogon" I was like awww yeeeeah rubs hands together let's see what's going on in The Shadow Lands or wherever.

But then Bran just wheels out of the scene lmao
;_;

i wonder what even was the point of bringing that up, because it just makes you expect something cool, but... nothing comes out of it.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also I am sure literally every single person who is familiar with the history and lore of the series finds it fucking hilarious that Sansa gets to separate the North from the 7 Kingdoms and yet the generic Prince of Dorne that was present said literally nothing about it. The lore surrounding Dorne and their attitude towards being apart of the 7 kingdoms is well founded and has been set in stone since Aegon the Conqueror. It has been a running theme of both the books and the show. Its the very reason why people are so hostile towards Dorne and its people.

The idea that literally any Martell or representative of Dorne would ever take such news without saying anything at all or even trying to speak up is not only completely unbelievable it is fucking hilarious. D&D have never read the lore of the series. That scene proved that much to me. That was one of the most unbelievable moments of the entire episode to me due to just how blatantly it went against everything that GRRM had ever written about Dorne and its people.

You can say the same about the Iron Islands.

That said, I don't think that was the most egregious example of the show fucking up Dorne, that would be the Sand Snakes murdering Doran and Trystane and that resulting into them being the unanimous rulers of Dorne. I could go into a whole tirade about how that political situation would literally not have been possible at all, but all we got was handwaving it because we needed important lines like "You want a good girl, but you need the bad pussy".

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It still blows my mind that the show portrayed Jon's exile as something that was involuntarily. Everyone's like, Oh no Jon, sorry it had to be this way.

Who the fuck is making him go? Who the fuck is making him stay?

I get the idea is that he always wanted to be there, but then why not just make him go voluntarily.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
How does Greyworm even know Jon killed Deny? For all he knows she burned the iron throne, which could make sense considering she was all about breaking wheels and destroying the past ways, and then fucked off to somewhere for a while on her dragon.
I just assumed that Jon did a dumb Ned Stark-type thing and told everyone he killed her because he felt it was the right thing to do.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Decent send off, 3/5 episode. It's really such a bummer that Dany going rampage didn't have more time for it, but I can live with that because I have to. I loved the turn and thought it was fairly well done, but could have used more episodes for it if not even full season. Happy how Arya's story concluded, it's the story I was most invested in. This also leaves excellent potential for a spin-off, great premise for an open world RPG too. =P Jon petting Ghost gave me a smile too, reminded me how disappointed people were after The Long Night that there was no proper goodbyes. It was nice to see them together with Tormund. Who sat on the throne ended up being bit whatever, Bran's character has been wasted since he became the three eyed raven so I really wasn't invested to him anymore. Sad to see the show to end, even though it's been past it's prime for some time now. Whenever the show was great, it was among the greatest TV of all time.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Everything really went perfectly for Bran.

Jaime crushed by the city that Bran now resides in as King.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Maybe it's because I never liked Dany but I was extremely satisfied with this ending. Most of my favorite characters lived. Jon and Ghost are together again. Tormund lived and even Tyrion made it out alive.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
It still blows my mind that the show portrayed Jon's exile as something that was involuntarily. Everyone's like, Oh no Jon, sorry it had to be this way.

I get the idea is that he always wanted to be there, but then why not just make him go voluntarily.

so you could say this season has been .... rushed?

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
The worse thing about that council scene is the nameless people that have a vote. Including Prince of Dorne.
Yeah we definitely should know who everyone in that meeting is and why they're there. But I guess the show completely abandoned the idea of having the big picture of all seven kingdoms when they completely butchered Dorne in S5.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Throw this show into the dumpster and burn it.

I kind of assumed a huge part of Tyrion's motivation in making Bran King was that his power could be passed on at some point, and that they were establishing the rule of a dynasty of elected God Kings who could use the wisdom of all the Green Seers to lead better and more wisely than any mortal man ever could hope to, but that interpretation is 100% an ass pull that the show didn't really do the work to substantiate.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You can say the same about the Iron Islands.

That said, I don't think that was the most egregious example of the show fucking up Dorne, that would be the Sand Snakes murdering Doran and Trystane and that resulting into them being the unanimous rulers of Dorne. I could go into a whole tirade about how that political situation would literally not have been possible at all, but all we got was handwaving it because we needed important lines like "You want a good girl, but you need the bad pussy".

Nah the Iron Islands I get. Yara is truly different than most Ironborn by the end. But I have never seen any Dornishman in the books or show that would have sat there silently like that.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
One thing i found strange tho. It was all about the Unsullied are mad because Jon killed Dany etc. Uhh wouldnt the Dothraki be even more mad? And then Jon walks on the port later with Dothraki all arround him and they dont even see him. Would have expected some angry looks tho.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Because the Starks have been the best family since day 1.

Plus Jon Snow didn't take the black per say, he bounced. No reprecussions from the Unsullied who all probably died on Naath. If not Greyworms shitty attitude probaby woulr have made him a Tyrant like his queen. But seeing how the Unsullied and Dothraki multiply like the plague no how many got demolished by the White Walkers maybe they would live.

The North becoming free of the bullshit from the south is one of the best parts of the show. Fuck the South.

Jon riding off to the true North, where his heart belongs was a fitting ending for him.

I want another season or a beefy GRRM epilogue of what happened after the show ended.
I am ok with what happenned, my problem is the characters of the show accepting that.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018

Gray worm wanted him dead and Jon made it very clear he was done with the night watch. Him going there was a compromise

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
One thing i found strange tho. It was all about the Unsullied are mad because Jon killed Dany etc. Uhh wouldnt the Dothraki be even more mad? And then Jon walks on the port later with Dothraki all arround him and they dont even see him. Would have expected some angry looks tho.

they kinda forgot about who their queen was

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
what an half-assed ending, lmao! So many thing to say but why bother at all?

arya : "i know a killer when i see one"....
gee, what could possibly make you think that???

13lqyeoq4az21.png

AM I A JOKE TO YOU?

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this entire season was so rushed everything felt contrived. The bullshit heel turn in episode 5 was all because the plot dictated that Jon kill Dany.

"Hey we need Jon to kill Dany and there's one episode left lets have her murder everyone in KL without reason, after she already won the battle"

The"Bran as King" plot would have been pretty cool, had they actually spent ANY time developing his character. Tyrion's spiel about kings needing "a great story" is hysterically ironic considering Bran's story got so little screen time compared so many others in the panel

There was a Negligible amount of time spent dealing with the aftermath of Dany's actions. "Hundreds of thousands of people dead, more injured, families uprooted - let's have the kings aids in a cute little uplifting scene with jokes about brothels."

Finally, why were the Unsullied cool with Jon going to the Nights Watch? They knew the White Walkers were no longer a threat. Jon just went up there to be free...

Last edited:

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Gray worm wanted him dead and Jon made it very clear he was done with the night watch. Him going there was a compromise

If he was so done with the Night's Watch why didn't he fuck off to anywhere else? No one's going to make him, any real power in that deal went to Naath. Sigh, I'm going to stop thinking about all of this and start repressing.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Yeah we definitely should know who everyone in that meeting is and why they're there. But I guess the show completely abandoned the idea of having the big picture of all seven kingdoms when they completely butchered Dorne in S5.
They could also just not include the random people lol. Sure keep Prince of Dorne since he was sort of pointed out as existing.

What happen to Lord Mandarly anyway. He should be there if he's still alive.

Lord Glover still needs to pay for abandoning the North.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
That's the funniest thing about this. he played everyone like fools.

Chaos is a ladder.
Yeah honestly his comments "Why do you think I'm here" and "You were exactly where you needed to be" make him sound like a self-serving ass playing 4D chess. Simply better delivery would have helped communicate those statements as more emotional and sympathetic but it sounded so smug.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bran as king was probably the bullet point.

I'm still putting faith in evil book bran. If he arranged the whole thing, warged into dany etc the whole thing comes together.

It felt tonight like they were building towards this storyline. I'd expect we get it after the books are done

James Darmody

Nov 22, 2018
To be fair, going forward the king will be chosen by a small council of lords. It is no longer by birthright. So Bran not having kids makes the whole transition easier.

Doesn't it make it worse? Like War of Five Kings after Bran dies? It's a neat idea in theory but in practice I'm not quite sure how things won't go to shit after Bran dies.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Do we even know who the guy sitting between Sam and Edmure Tully were? Or the one next to Robar Royce? I recognized everybody else (even tho of course one was just random Prince of Dorne) but those two I have no idea who they're supposed to be.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I have to wonder if they reshot Dany's death scene, or at least cut out a portion of it. The original leaks from ages ago mentioned that there were extras in the scene (unsullied?) and that Jon immediately submits to the guards after Drogon carries her body away, neither of which were part of the scene we saw in the episode.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
what an half-assed ending, lmao! So many thing to say but why bother at all?

arya : "i know a killer when i see one"....
gee, what could possibly make you think that???

13lqyeoq4az21.png

AM I A JOKE TO YOU?

Well,if there's no civilization then there's no story or memories so he wouldn't know imo.
I was more curious about why he didn't know drogon's location but maybe he can't see dragon's memories or something.