• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
when the show points out that cersei is using the commoners as shields, why couldn't the next episode show that the only way for dany to win was for mass casualties? it would have actually been in line with her character, she is quick to anger, ruthless, and she wants the throne. having just lost what she did and getting shown no appreciation for it would have royally pissed her off, but not "mad". that's a difference that people who say that there were signs throughout the show that this would happen don't understand.

her completely losing her mind was not only hilarious/shitty but also unnecessary

Exactly, it would work so much better if say Dany is being told to pull back and regroup for a later time for instance due to maybe certain things not going right, but decides at that point that she's had enough of that and will just roast the "human shield" as it were.

That would've worked much better.

But her effectively "winning" with minimal death and then deciding of all times to now waste 30 minutes to kill randoms was incredibly stupid. If not for some bricks, Cersei would've gotten away.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They kind of forgot Nymeria was a dire wolf.
giphy.gif

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
What was the name Dany called Grey Worm when Jon came into her room? Astordius or something? Have we ever heard anyone call him that? Even as a book reader I don't think I've ever seen it.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Remember that melted stone castle that Tywin was hanging out in in the early seasons? Dragons are OP
I thought the story was the stone offers some protection but if you keep at it with fire eventually it will melt, not that fire just destroys stone

Of course Drogan is portrayed as really strong so I dont think it's that big a deal

Oct 28, 2017
yep i mentioned that earlier as well

she never even tried to appeal to any southerners and yet all of westeros loves jon

lmao
Seriously. She goes to Winterfall and Sansa and the people there don't like her much and that suddenly means she will never have the love of the people? Isn't gaining the love of the people how she got where she is? How she made so many people believers? That she was special and saw things differently than her predecessors? Isn't that why Tyrion is her Hand? What the fuck show have I been watching?

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I'm enjoying these last few episodes. I've never taken this series too seriously. It was always kinda stupid, which is why I always find it odd that people are now complaining about the writing, when it's always seemed the same to me.

Either way, I'm having fun watching this series.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Just caught it..

Oh my, I was right. They somehow figured out a way to do things infinitely more dumb than anyone could come up with. What an incredible botch this has been.

...Remember when Dany was jovial and gave a pauper a kingdom an hour ago?

Frank

Oct 25, 2017
It's like watching Shawshank Redemption but halfway through they let Michael Bay take over.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the story was the stone offers some protection but if you keep at it with fire eventually it will melt, not that fire just destroys stone

Of course Drogan is portrayed as really strong so I dont think it's that big a deal

Dany clearly synchronized her Targaryen powers with Drogon, using her rage to fuel and enhance his abilities.

Keep up people.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Just caught it..

Oh my, I was right. They somehow figured out a way to do things infinitely more dumb than anyone could come up with. What an incredible botch this has been.

...Remember when Dany was jovial and gave a pauper a kingdom an hour ago?
I think you misread that scene. She wasnt jovial at all, she was pissed at the love Jon was getting and giving Gendry the Kingdom was a political ploy, not something out of the goodness of her heart

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So watching the preview for the last episode I was getting
Last Hunger Games film
vibs. Anyone else feel that?

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
I think you misread that scene. She wasnt jovial at all, she was pissed at the love Jon was getting and giving Gendry the Kingdom was a political ploy, not something out of the goodness of her heart
A move can be politically motivated and an act of kindness. She was totally enjoying herself at the start of the scene.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Dragonfire having enough force to destroy structures is something I've always expected though. I imagined them as giant fire fists. If they were just a glorified microwave, it'd be whack.

Not gonna lie, I plan to rewatch the destruction once I get home. The only episode this season that makes me want to rewatch anything for a positive reason.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017

Depends what they are made of, I guess. I don't think just a building made of brick and mortar wouldn't hold up at all

Harrenhal's dimensions and fortifications were absurd, and it still got wrecked

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
If you were Sansa Stark, you would have been too

Did y'all watch a different show for 8 seasons? Do we suddenly just forget what Sansa has gone through in regards to dealing with royals and trust? The abusive she suffered at the hands of multiple of them?

They were getting ready to face annihilation before Dany came with the dragons.

They should have kissed her feet right then and there. Instead everyone gives them the stink eye for bringing a huge army to fight against the dead.

Northeners are cunts basically.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dany going crazy was always in the cards. She's a Targaryen to begin with. Its fine, but its going high speed all of a sudden. The Jon is more popular is a weak plot device to trigger it, he's only known in Winterfell and beyond the wall. Yeah, he's more popular there (what a surprise eh? He's seen as the savior and killed Ramsay) but the citizens of KL and the other holds? They don't fucking know Jon at all. Up until Winterfell she was usually revered. Its like the writers were thinking "oh shit, we forgot but we still have to make her evil". And they did it in the last few episodes in particular. Missandei's sacrifice felt weak too for example, she was somehow reeled in and then they decided to kill her in front of Dany. Another device to make her go batshit in a quick fashion.

GoT getting a happy ending is the last thing I want. I was hoping Dany would die. But now I hope both Jon and Dany die. Jon is terrible this season as well, with his my queen bullshit he spouts. Guy is brainwashed as fuck.

This is absolute nonsense. Daenerys is hated in Westeros, as has been highlighted, mentioned and hinted a few times in the show. She is seen as a tyrannical power mad foreigner, who's bringing her raping and pillaging barbarian horde of Dothraki, Essos Unsullied and Dorne allies to invade Westeros. She is described as:

"One with no ties to this land; with an army of savages at her back."​
And there's no way people in Kings Landing or the rest of Westeros haven't heard of Jon Snow. Word travels fast across the kingdoms, and Jon's antics are almost stuff of legends. There's no way some word from the Northerners about his noble theatrics and bravery hasn't travelled South.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dragonfire has been shown to have explosive properties before. But yes, it differs scene to scene.
I know it means nothing, but I'd assume thinking behind it is Drogon/Danny can control dragonfire intensity, I assume with age, Drogon increases with strength and power, its 8 years old? He's still a kid.

This episode portrays perhaps the most terrifying version I've seen of a Dragon on screen though. It was the equivalent of dropping a nuke, there was no other outcome but annihilation. And I've got to give props to the director, he treated that aspect with respect, it was relentless .

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

They should have kissed her feet right then and there. Instead everyone gives them the stink eye for bringing a huge army to fight against the dead.

after whats has been done unto them.

of course they are.

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
That was strategy and she wasn't happy at all during that feast. There's several shots of her sitting alone and starring at other people having fun while she broods and serious music plays.
I know what they were trying to do.. it just wasn't compelling or believable lol

Rhaegal's death should have been when the bells start ringing at the very least to make this slightly more believably. Despite what they think was a 'build-up' to Dany's 'turn', genocide was still not a believable act after the stuff she's been through in the last 2 episodes.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Loved:
- Touching parting way between Tyrion and Jamie
- Action / directing of action, reminded me of a war movie with a nuclear bomb going off
- CGI work
- Clegane bowl

Hated:
- Cersei and Jaimie's death
- Jon not doing much cept saving that poor lady from being raped
- Death of Euron was underwhelming
- 7 seasons of building up Arya to be a KILLER, at least she killed the NK I guess

Oct 28, 2017
And there's no way people in Kings Landing or the rest of Westeros haven't heard of Jon Snow. Word travels fast across the kingdoms, and Jon's antics are almost stuff of legends. There's no way some word from the Northerners about his noble theatrics and bravery hasn't travelled South.
What matters is what's presented in the show. You are simply extrapolating and inventing your own headcannon. There is zero evidence presented in the show that Jon Snow is known beyond the North and that the "people love him" (except his own people). I mean, Jon Snow was fucking KILLED for bringing the Wildings South. Come on now.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

and in the end her sister is the reason the war is won

Sansa was never going to bow to a foreign coming to the home she fought, and got abused for, in order to reclaim no matter the context. It would be out of character for her otherwise.