• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Dragons share a semi-psychic bond with their riders. As Tyrion said they know who their rider's enemies and friends are.
Like they're connected telepathically and they know what the rider wants to do. Which makes more sense than her shouting commands and twisting some back spikes to command him to do complex flight maneuvers.

Jon even said as much in that scene from episode 1 of this season. "It's like he knew where I wanted to go" or something.

So Drogon knows her enemies and still targeted the civilians? Dragons are supposed to be more than just brute animals right?

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
xsSeSaz_d.jpg

I was on board the moment Jaime pushed Bran out of the window. That's when I realised that this was going to be special and different show.

The source material part is totally me.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
So Drogon knows her enemies and still targeted the civilians? Dragons are supposed to be more than just brute animals right?
Daenerys knew she was targeting civilians. That's why it's garbage.

Dragons are supposed to be pretty smart animals, but still just animals. They and their rider they've bonded to have a special connection, though.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Was just saying she didn't have to kill all the civilians like that to "break the wheel".

I feel like you're not getting the point, here.

When she says 'break the wheel', she simply means 'break it for everyone who is not a Targaryen.'

She believes the throne belongs to her, by birthright, and that it was stolen from her family by the usurper. It's why when she sees her dream slipping away (Jon's rightful claim), she realizes that in order for her to fulfill her 'destiny' she needs to be the dragon- She needed to send a statement: Bend the knee or die.

It's why I really don't hope D&D don't go with the 'she just snapped, bruh!' angle, because it's actually a really powerful story arc without throwing in the insanity angle.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I think they said "basically" or "essentially" the end of the dothraki, but there are still way more than there should be based on what we saw in episode 3.
Bunch of cowards I tell you. They rode towards the zombie horde then dropped their flaming weapons and took a left turn then came back when the coast was clear.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I think they said "basically" or "essentially" the end of the dothraki, but there are still way more than there should be based on what we saw in episode 3.
i agree with you there, but either way, just like the 'Dany kinda forgot about the Iron fleet' comment, I don't think room needs to be left for interpreting what they say.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Jaime was only ever going to die one of three ways.

Either side by side with Cersei during the destruction of King's Landing
Killing Cersei during the destruction of King's Landing
With Brienne during the destruction of King's Landing/fighting the whitewalkers

They chose the worst of the three endings, but remember, I highly doubt George didn't tell them this...

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
I'm not a reader of the books and I understand Jaime is different in the book, but I have to ask if people genuinely thought this guy deserved any different of an ending? I'll admit that I never liked Jaime as a character through the show and that's largely cus I felt it never gave me a genuine reason to.
His turn back to Cersei is just so odd. It's so abrupt that it's jarring.

Bronn informs Jaime that Cersei sent him to end his life. He also learns that Cersei's army ambushed Dany and killed one of her dragons. Next thing you know he is leaving Winterfell and heading back to her.

I know that deep down he still has feelings for her but why the suddenly random turn?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Jaime doesn't randomly turn to Cersei. His purpose for going to King's Landing is to persuade her to surrender.

He stays with her in the end because he knows he is about to die and so is she. He has nothing to lose by returning to Cersei. His last words are comforting. It's the same thing as what Bran says to Theon.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Jaime doesn't randomly turn to Cersei. His purpose for going to King's Landing is to persuade her to surrender.

He stays with her in the end because he knows he is about to die and so is she. He has nothing to lose by returning to Cersei. His last words are comforting. It's the same thing as what Bran says to Theon.
The last thing he learns before leaving is that Dany was ambushed and lost a Dragon. Sansa informs him that she won't get to see Cersei executed.

Persuade her to surrender when she appears to be winning?

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Show Jaime has been stupid for so long that it was consistent for him to be stupid this season also.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
The last thing he learns before leaving is that Dany was ambushed and lost a Dragon. Sansa informs him that she won't get to see Cersei executed.

Persuade her to surrender when she appears to be winning?

Surrender to prevent Daenerys from doing what she did, flee in exile. It's important for Jaime to be with his sister. They're not planning on having sex again.

Given the super fast characters turns, which makes more sense, him returning to be with her at the end or him hating her and choking her to death?

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Surrender to prevent Daenerys from doing what she did, flee in exile. It's important for Jaime to be with his sister. They're not planning on having sex again.

Given the super fast characters turns, which makes more sense, him returning to be with her at the end or him hating her and choking her to death?
Him throwing her out a window.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Why do people keep acting like the Seven Kingdoms breaking up to be independent kingdoms again is a good thing? That is a bad thing, do people not realize that the Seven Kingdoms were constantly at war with each other. Aegon's Conquest brought stability and relative peace, there were wars but nothing like the amount of wars prior to the Conquest. Westeros was chaos before Aegon's Conquest, returning to that chaos would not be a good thing.

I'm not a reader of the books and I understand Jaime is different in the book, but I have to ask if people genuinely thought this guy deserved any different of an ending? I'll admit that I never liked Jaime as a character through the show and that's largely cus I felt it never gave me a genuine reason to.

There ya go.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bo...jaime-fuck-boi-lannister-lets-do-this.100344/

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people keep acting like the Seven Kingdoms breaking up to be independent kingdoms again is a good thing? That is a bad thing, do people not realize that the Seven Kingdoms were constantly at war with each other. Aegon's Conquest brought stability and relative peace, there were wars but nothing like the amount of wars prior to the Conquest. Westeros was chaos before Aegon's Conquest, returning to that chaos would not be a good thing.

33d.jpg

:-p

We can have a sequel series set a few hundred years in the future, and the opening pilot would essentially be:

mrw-i-finish-the-css-and-then-open-the-page-in-ie-157284.gif

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I'm actually surprised they didn't have Cersei and Jaime start fucking for their last moments. They could never help it before and it would've actually been amusing this time with seeing rocks crush them in the middle of it.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Jaime was only ever going to die one of three ways.

Either side by side with Cersei during the destruction of King's Landing
Killing Cersei during the destruction of King's Landing
With Brienne during the destruction of King's Landing/fighting the whitewalkers

They chose the worst of the three endings, but remember, I highly doubt George didn't tell them this...

Yeah but how do you reconcile the that with Cersei being prophecized to die via strangling by the little brother

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
There is no perfect answer and GRRM isn't trying to support any one political structure over another. That isn't the point.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Dany going full fire and brimstone and having it all be resolved in one episode reminds of Supernatural. A character would undergo some massive change and then it would be resolved in the next episode, shit was infuriating cause I wanted to see what the status quo would be like with such a change, how different all the usual interactions would be.

I hope Dany goes full Sheev in Revenge of the Sith next episode, if it's only one episode I need the memes to be immortal.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Dany going full fire and brimstone and having it all be resolved in one episode reminds of Supernatural. A character would undergo some massive change and then it would be resolved in the next episode, shit was infuriating cause I wanted to see what the status quo would be like with such a change, how different all the usual interactions would be.

I hope Dany goes full Sheev in Revenge of the Sith next episode, if it's only one episode I need the memes to be immortal.

Yeah if we're going stupid, I want it to be full stupid.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

There ya go.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bo...jaime-fuck-boi-lannister-lets-do-this.100344/
Just read and holy shit. George probably regrets giving them his books to adapt. Could do you maybe do a write up on Jon?

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I read this when you posted it and I'm not sure if you're disagreeing with me? Talking strictly about show Jaime, and regardless if he's well written overall or consistent, is he the type of character people are genuinely upset didn't receive a better ending? He's never come across as a character I should genuinely like and root for, to me. So, I was not at all surprised he made his way back to Cersei knowing full well she was about to be obliterated To either escape with her or go down with her.

I can see why if book Jaime did this it'd be some bullshit, but show Jaime? I don't see it.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I read this when you posted it and I'm not sure if you're disagreeing with me? Talking strictly about show Jaime, and regardless if he's well written overall or consistent, is he the type of character people are genuinely upset didn't receive a better ending? He's never come across as a character I should genuinely like and root for, to me. So, I was not at all surprised he made his way back to Cersei knowing full well she was about to be obliterated To either escape with her or go down with her.

I can see why if book Jaime did this it'd be some bullshit, but show Jaime? I don't see it.

This is the problem, especially since Show Jaime followed Book Jaime for near 4 seasons. How can the man who saved King's Landing suddenly declare he's never cared for innocents? It's a gross misreading of his character that fundamentally fails to understand who he is and what he cares about.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Just read and holy shit. George probably regrets giving them his books to adapt. Could do you maybe do a write up on Jon?

Hmmm, this is a interesting one that I think I will tackle. People kept pestering me about Stannis, but they are so different between Book and Show that it'd be near pointless. But, I did end up writing those Stannis Treatsie posts a few weeks back. Still, there's too much fi a disparity between Show Stannis and Book Stannis to even merit such a write up. However, Jon Snow would be a good thread especially since the show currently wants to portray him as some honorable idiot to a fault when Book Jon Snow is far more nuance and not so concerned with honor.

EDIT:

Whoops, double post.