• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

illamap

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would be fine if there was no trailer just teasers like this, since I try to avoid trailer, but i am probably too weak to resist.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the ending isn't as disappointing as season 7. I'll accept season 6 bad, but dear god not season 7 writing...

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This means the final episode will air on Sunday, May 19, for anyone marking their calendars.

Game of Thrones has become one of those things that is difficult to discuss on Era.

This is not an ERA-exclusive thing. Any community with a large portion of people who have read the books or are familiar with basic storytelling beyond "flashy special effects" also has serious issues with the later seasons of the show.

OP
OP
Hydrus

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the ending isn't as disappointing as season 7. I'll accept season 6 bad, but dear god not season 7 writing...
I dont hate season 7, but I'll admit the writing was not good. But to be fair, D&D wanted it to be the final season. HBO we're the one's that wanted two more, so they had to meet in the middle and do 13 final episodes. Blame HBO.

Oh btw, OFFICIALY 90 DAYS TO GO!!!

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game of Thrones has become one of those things that is difficult to discuss on Era. Kinda like Destiny over in the Gaming section

Just a huge disconnect between the forum and the majority's opinions
C'mon, you know I don't do the hipster thing.
I loved this show, but Season 7 was a horrible piece of storytelling for a multitude of reasons, and I hope 8 won't be. That's all there is to it. I'm not just hating it because it is popular.

Oct 27, 2017
The whole show has banked on its huge budget and spectacle post Season 4, certainly not any great writing. That's fine but its also a bummer that the earlier seasons didn't have as much budget to play with. I'd love to see a book accurate Blackwater.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This means the final episode will air on Sunday, May 19, for anyone marking their calendars.

This is not an ERA-exclusive thing. Any community with a large portion of people who have read the books or are familiar with basic storytelling beyond "flashy special effects" also has serious issues with the later seasons of the show.

How does that make Era any less of an outlier?

This isn't theory work. The ratings continue to skyrocket and overall opinion of the show is at an all time high

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
If the whitewalkers made statues of the Starks in their crypt, I'm beginning to think they're not so bad.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I loved this show, but Season 7 was a horrible piece of storytelling for a multitude of reasons, and I hope 8 won't be. That's all there is to it. I'm not just hating it because it is popular.

Season 7 was amazing, please don't tell me you're one of those people who was upset because they didn't show them traveling for days.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not saying you are a hipster. You are more than entitled to your opinion

But thinking that most people consider S7 a "trash fire" is wildly off the mark. Ots probably the most well regarded season yet