• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Lunar Wolf

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

I'm just going to assume the absolute worst. I'm not expecting my favorite characters to survive the final season.

Why isn't the Night King an option? Are we just assuming everything is going to turn out alright?

GRRM + D & D already said that the ending won't be tragic just bittersweet. It's kinda ruled out by default.

Do people really think the Night King is actually going to win?

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GRRM + D & D already said that the ending won't be tragic just bittersweet. It's kinda ruled out by default.

Do people really think the Night King is actually going to win?

The show has really lost its way with respect to consequences. They have given the main cast tons of plot armor. 2 of either Jamie, Tyrion, Sansa and Arya might die. One of either Jon or Danerys might also die. However, most of the main cast will make it through

There's nothing to rule beyond the wall. All the people there are dead.

Im not talking about people.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Hold on, I need to regroup after seeing that picture of hunky Gendry.

OK.

It's going to be Jon, the Starks in one form or another, or all sides will be more or less devastated, with the Starks and the common people getting the least worst outcome.

I'm leaning toward that last option. I think the Iron Throne will be rendered meaningless in the end, and Westeros will be left without a traditional monarch.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
Monarchy is abolished is my best guess.

Jon or Dany on the throne is entirely too predictable.

kamakazi5

Oct 28, 2017
1. Sansa
2. Jon and Daenarys' baby (I doubt this one)
3. Arya (also doubt this)
4. Some random thing where multiple people lead Westeros

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Monarchy is abolished is my best guess.

Jon or Dany on the throne is entirely too predictable.

The monarchy being abolished would betray every single motif of that has being laid down in the book and show regarding medieval power politics. It would honestly be the worst betrayal of the world building from the show-runners.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
no one

is the most likely scenario. id be incredibly shocked if there is actually someone on it at the end

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
missandei-on-the-iron-throne-game-of-thrones.jpg

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The monarchy being abolished would betray every single motif of that has being laid down in the book and show regarding medieval power politics. It would honestly be the worst betrayal of the world building from the show-runners.

no?

not at all, the show and books has largely been about illustrating how pointless political squabbles are in the end when there is a massive looming threat like the WW. couple this with Dany's "break the wheel" speech and her vision from S2, and Tyrion trying to get her to reconsider her political legacy, it seems unlikely the throne will become her (or anyones) destiny.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
In the show Jon Snow. Feels like the show runners have been setting this up like that. For the books all bets are off.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be Queen Sansa of the North.

ilikesanta

Oct 26, 2017
During the final battle it looks like Cersi will win, then over the ridge Robyn comes riding on the back of a powerful steed charging with the Knights of the Vale. He fires off some Arrows finishing off John, Danny and Cersei, he jumps off his horse and finishes off The Mountain in single combat. Flash forward, we see Robin in the great hall enjoying a large feast in his honor. He takes a bite of bread and as he looks at it he sees that it's in the shape of a wolf! Immediately he and all the guest start choking and dying. Robin falls to the ground barley hanging on when someone walks up to him. He looks up to see Hot Pie standing before him. Hot Pie looks into the camera, as Arya walks up and wraps an arm around him, and he says "Game Over."

Fade to Black Roll Credits

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing would make me happier than Jon Snow redeeming himself and actually becoming the Son of Fire, the One True King, the fucking Prince Who Was Promised. But at this rate he'll probably sacrifice his life for Dany, or be too stupid to see Cersei coming. I hate not actively rooting for him anymore, but whatever. Ascended Bran should just Warg into him full time and get things done.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Gendry is the Hurley in this whole game of thrones dealio. If they wanted to fuck with people's expectations then he'd be the one to get picked, he's a bit out of left field since he's not a major player but being Robert's son gives him a good enough reason to be king.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
no?

not at all, the show and books has largely been about illustrating how pointless political squabbles are in the end when there is a massive looming threat like the WW. couple this with Dany's "break the wheel" speech and her vision from S2, and Tyrion trying to get her to reconsider her political legacy, it seems unlikely the throne will become her (or anyones) destiny.

Let me expand a bit. The show has built up a world view in which sustaind power is achieved through a mix of four major elements:

1) Military Power and Experience

2) Political Cunning and Charisma

3) Ruthlessness

4) Blood

Every major character that has fallen power has had a tragic deficit in at least one of these. Ned was not ruthless enough, Ramsay did not have the right blood, Joffrey had negative charisma, etc etc. The main characters have been presented to us as having deficits in some of these, but we have seen them grow.

In fact, the whole reason that Jon and Danerys work so well is that you combine their lineage, temper Danerys ruthlessness with Jon's charisma and then amplify their military power through the dragons and manpower.

The show is 100% monarchistic. Not in the sense of a king that can do anything, but in a ruling dynasty that is accepted but has to eventually answer to their people and to their competing houses.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Let me expand a bit. The show has built up a world view in which sustaind power is achieved through a mix of four major elements:

1) Military Power and Experience

2) Political Cunning and Charisma

3) Ruthlessness

4) Blood

Every major character that has fallen power has had a tragic deficit in at least one of these. Ned was not ruthless enough, Ramsay did not have the right blood, Joffrey had negative charisma, etc etc. The main characters have been presented to us as having deficits in some of these, but we have seen them grow.

In fact, the whole reason that Jon and Danerys work so well is that you combine their lineage, temper Danerys ruthlessness with Jon's charisma and then amplify their military power through the dragons and manpower.

The show is 100% monarchistic. Not in the sense of a king that can do anything, but in a ruling dynasty that is accepted but has to eventually answer to their people and to their competing houses.

I mean judging by that criteria Tyrion should be king

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean judging by that criteria Tyrion should be king

He does not have the right blood or charisma. He might be a Lanister, but he is destined to be the head of a minor branch due to being born last. He has cunning, but he cannot overcome his innate physical defects.

Blood is a combination of lineage and being born in the right slot. This is what happened with Danerys when her brother died, the lineage fell to her. Same reason that Jon was validated as a serious contender. The fact that he is the rightful heir, born to the right lineage, not a bastard and born in the right order.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the show? who gives a shit.

In the books? the throne probably gets destroyed and replaced by democratic leaders.

The show has to end with Jon Snow and Daenerys wed and ruling together over a peaceful kingdom after defeating the White Walkers. It's just the kind of schmaltzy ending the fans deserve at this point. It's all heading that way like a runaway train.

The books if they ever come out I think will probably divert quite a bit and have something less cut and dry. Maybe nobody rules, maybe Westeros is just broken up into separate smaller kingdoms and free cities like Essos is by the end. I would be fine with that.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wrote it in another thread, but my ideal ending has almost everyone lose, Tormund and a few wildlings escaping north of the wall, then he coming back down after the white walkers turn to dust or something after they think they won, then Tormund just swaggering over to the iron throne and sitting on it.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No idea honestly. Jon Snow would probably be the one I hope ends up the ruler. Though that seems a bit to saccharine for GoT. I also kinda hope Cersei ends up victorious. Mostly for the shitstorm that would create among fans

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No idea honestly. Jon Snow would probably be the one I hope ends up the ruler. Though that seems a bit to saccharine for GoT. I also kinda hope Cersei ends up victorious. Mostly for the shitstorm that would create among fans

Biggest issue with Jon and Dany is how much of a disconnect there is between the portrayal and the writing. Those two actors have the charisma of a board and have no chemistry. However, the writing pretends that they can sway anyone to their side and that there is a raging fire between them.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
With luck Melisandre comes back from Essos with some long hidden Baratheon heir and the cause, no, the truth Ned died for will finally come to fruition.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Aegon (not Jon) and Sansa over King's Landing. Thanks Varys!

Jon rules over Winterfell with the freefolk and MAYBE Dany, in one form or another. Thanks Arya and Theon!

Tyrion inherits Casterly Rock. A sad thanks, but thanks Varys and Aegon!

Last edited:

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
It will end with someone on the throne and they drink a wine. they start choking and it cuts to black.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Gotta be cersei
But she'll rule a shell of a kingdom. Her brother dead. Her kids dead.

But she'll rule

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced it's going to go something like this.

Cersei ends up victorious, against all odds, and in the last scene she is sitting in her chambers while her chamber maid brushes her hair. After some brief conversation the chamber maid ask:

Chamber Maid: "You believe yourself victorious, my queen?"
Cersei: "I do. I have conquered my enemies, slayed their flag bearers, defeated the white walkers of the North, and taken what is rightfully mine. "
Chamber Maid (smiling slightly): "All that being true, my queen, there is only one true victor in this life."
Cersei: "And who might that be, if not the Queen of Westeros?"
Chamber Maid: "Death, my queen. The one true God comes for us all."

As the Chamber Maid says this, she pulls a blade from her dress and slices Cersei's throat. Cersei, startled and blood flowing freely from her neck, stares at the Chamber Maid is disbelief as she falls to the floor. They lock eyes and as they do, the Chamber Maid removes her mask, revealing herself to be Arya Stark. Arya's watches as the life begins to drain from Cersei's eyes. Before her last breath, Arya says:

"Valar morghulis"

CUT TO BLACK