• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I figured out that any game that says that it requires admin rights to install will not let me download them. So, all games that are Win32 and not UWP. Now to see if there is any way to fix this without reinstalling Windows... Probably not.

Please let me know if there is, because this is ultra frustrating.

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
Tried Superhot for a few minutes. Got an achievement to pop. I'm satisfied. :)

Still wish I could transfer my VB save, but oh well.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
If anybody gettin the 0x80070005 error or whatever it is any time you try to download a game, go to windows update. It turns out even though I had already updated and done two restarts through windows update menu itself, I needed to do a third reset via the menu still. Hit 'restart now' and now I can download things it seems.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Man...do I have to a US account to use this? I'm currently locked into Panama and I'm not sure if just switching my region to US will let me get this.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, tried Gears of War Ultimate Edition and performance is terrible! Weird because Gears 4 runs at 60 fps with no issues.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can't play Metro Exodus, it says it can't log into xbox live. Other games seem to work fine. Saw some other ppl on reddit having the same problem. Help???
Same for me, it won't sign in.
Ugh.

had the same problem . I still dont know exactly what fixed it but thats what i did:

1. go to windows system settings and then on games. On the left side it says xbox network. My Nat Type under xbox live Multiplayer was showing an error. Click on Fix below and then "test again". Now it should show something else next to Nat type ( it says mittel/ middle in my version "german")

2. then i went back one page and to "APPS" and searched for "Xbox beta" click on that and under the file name it says advanced settings . Go to that and then down and press "repair". Go back and look for "windows store" and do the same. Thats all i did.

dont know if that helped or which of these steps helped but after that i was able to start the game.

Last edited:

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
God have they still not fixed the stupid Windows store games not being able to go full screen? I'm trying to play this game and both windowed and fullscreen is just windowed and my mouse keeps clicking outside the very small space around the edges and having the cursor appear and getting stuck over the top of the game meaning i can only turn as far as the mouse goes to the sides of my screen, and the taskbar keeps getting clicked on too.

ffs

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
Last night I downloaded 133 GB of Gears of War 4. I want to play co-op with my partner who also signed up for PC GamePass. Is there any way I can copy the install over to her the way I would in Steam, so she doesn't have to download the whole game as well?

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
So I somehow managed to fix my problem. Not sure what did it. I did a bunch of things and then rebooted, and now it works.

My guess would be that running "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth " followed by "sfc /scannow" in cmd as an admin did it.

OP
OP
Rynam

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
so after much frustration, I finally managed to install the Xbox app. Is there an "add to library" option somewhere that I'm missing?

If you mean one for your games that aren't installed, no. You can only install games, they get put onto the left side of the app then.
Last night I downloaded 133 GB of Gears of War 4. I want to play co-op with my partner who also signed up for PC GamePass. Is there any way I can copy the install over to her the way I would in Steam, so she doesn't have to download the whole game as well?

You can't, the files are all in a protected folder where you can't really change anything.

God have they still not fixed the stupid Windows store games not being able to go full screen? I'm trying to play this game and both windowed and fullscreen is just windowed and my mouse keeps clicking outside the very small space around the edges and having the cursor appear and getting stuck over the top of the game meaning i can only turn as far as the mouse goes to the sides of my screen, and the taskbar keeps getting clicked on too.

ffs

Did you try Alt+Enter?

Eternalgamer

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm fairly impressed with the launch library.

Downloaded Slay the Spire first and now downloading Recore (which I always wanted to try, especially after that "Definitive" upgrade) and Void Bastards (which by itself made Game Pass worth it for me.

I really wish Outer Realms was on it, though, like it is on Xbox and would like to give Pillars 2 a try since they added that turn based update.

What are some lesser known gems on this service? There are a lot of games here I've never heard of / that haven't gotten much main stream gaming coverage.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Started checking out Void Bastards, which I don't know about, considering it seems pretty roguelike and-

*Sees Difficulty slider*

898.gif

Difficulty slider, pretty System Shock like, and a REALLY slick comic style. I think I am going to like this a lot. :3

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still can't sign into Xbox live when the game starts in spite of being logged in on the app...
had the same problem . I still dont know exactly what fixed it but thats what i did:

1. go to windows system settings and then on games. On the left side it says xbox network. My Nat Type under xbox live Multiplayer was showing an error. Click on Fix below and then "test again". Now it should show something else next to Nat type ( it says mittel/ middle in my version "german")

2. then i went back one page and to "APPS" and searched for "Xbox beta" click on that and under the file name it says advanced settings . Go to that and then down and press "repair". Go back and look for "windows store" and do the same. Thats all i did.

dont know if that helped or which of these steps helped but after that i was able to start the game.
When I go to APPS and click on Xbox the entire menu just freezes that and whenever I right click in any folder, doesn't happen when I'm in safe mode tho. :\

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Saw during the direct that over 100 games are already available starting today. They said they "lied" when they said it was only a small selection for now.

Are they all showing up?

Lizard Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
syzu1h2.jpg

I've been trying launch the Xbox (Beta) app for about 4 hours, anyone know how to fix this? I get the same error from other apps from the Microsoft Store, like Spotify. (luckily you can just download the installer for that) I was able to open the WindowsApps folder by changing its permissions and launch the .exe but i get an authentication error when I try to sign in.
wNWAbRU.png

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
If it hasn't been mentioned yet, update your GPU drivers. The latest AMD Radeon 19.6.1 drivers specifically call out support for game pass. Might help with some errors.

Wow, tried Gears of War Ultimate Edition and performance is terrible! Weird because Gears 4 runs at 60 fps with no issues.
Try turning shadows to low for 60fps. Shouldn't have to on today's hardware, game is busted.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For real though, why is Gears 4 133gb?

4K assets? It's fucking stupid, that's why I have hesitated donwloading it again.

syzu1h2.jpg

I've been trying launch the Xbox (Beta) app for about 4 hours, anyone know how to fix this? I get the same error from other apps from the Microsoft Store, like Spotify. (luckily you can just download the installer for that) I was able to open the WindowsApps folder by changing its permissions and launch the .exe but i get an authentication error when I try to sign in.
wNWAbRU.png

I was getting the sign in errors too until I downloaded the new Windows 10 update and the Xbox beta app. I also had to download games straight from the Xbox beta app, not the store.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
Anyone else have a note on their app saying "Due to a suspension, Xbox Live features may be limited" ? I am using my account that I had tied to Live when I had a 360 about 6 years ago... don't think I was ever suspended, so wondering if it is a bug anyone else is seeing.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
I've done a reinstall of Windows, and no luck on getting Metro Exodus, Wolfenstein, or any other Win32 app that states it requires Administrator permissions to install. Just error at 0% downloading.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
Which is strange, right? It's a Play Anywhere title, so if you are on Xbox Game Pass for Console, you actually do get it on PC. So there are certain PC games that you can only get through XGP Console, or XGP Ultimate.

Quantum Break wasn't a real "play anywhere" game, it was the first in the program and they didn't have the infrastructure set up so they just emailed anyone who bought Quantum Break a code for the PC version.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Man...do I have to a US account to use this? I'm currently locked into Panama and I'm not sure if just switching my region to US will let me get this.
  1. Switch region to US to download the app.
  2. Buy $10 xbox gift card on amazon. Redeem to your MS account.
  3. Remove all payment options (cards, paypal) from your account
  4. Pay for Game Pass with your account balance

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Any obvious way to tell which games have achievements?
Should be stated on the store page (in the Windows Store), but if you want to make sure you can search for the game in the Xbox Console Companion (lol) and check if it has an "achievements" tab.

uUG7y2r.png

Yeah, I wish more of the titles that seem to be GP PC only games had trophies. Wonder why they don't. I mean, a lot of the games that don't have them here DO have them on Steam for example. Games like Book of Demons, Opus Magnum, Into the Breach, Crosscode, etc. I assume it is just not structured similarly enough to bring it over 1:1. Crosscode has 86 Steam achievements for example so... I suppose that's likely why.

I did find this list on True Achievements site. That helps. May be of some use to you too, Mrflood as I know you were asking about a list with ratings. There is a rating column there, though not from an aggregate site. Likely just from users there.

EDIT: Actually nevermind that list. I saw CrossCode listed with 0 Achievements but didn't look at it closely enough. It is listed as 0 not because it has none (which it doesn't currently) but because it is considered "Unreleased". Other titles like Book of Demons and Into the Breach aren't even on that list. Damn.

Last edited:

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
So after reinstalling Windows I can download almost everything now, however Metro Exodus and Wolfenstein II still refuse to download. They say "Starting" then sit there and do nothing.

Tranquility

Oct 28, 2017

Thanks. Did both steps and step 1 should have fixed it, but no luck. Didn't go back after step 2 to see if it had reset step 1. Will do when I get home from work.

Edit: I see now that I did not repair the store. Will try it.

Oct 26, 2017
Thread is getting me bummed, oh man...

I wanted to play GoW ultimate... It's busted.
I wanted to play GoW4... It's 130GB and I can't transfer the files to my friend for co-op
I wanted to play Metro Exodus, bunch of problems.

I know it's beta but that's a lot... Still... 1 buck. And I'm playing Ori. I'll just wish they address this stuff asap

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else have a note on their app saying "Due to a suspension, Xbox Live features may be limited" ? I am using my account that I had tied to Live when I had a 360 about 6 years ago... don't think I was ever suspended, so wondering if it is a bug anyone else is seeing.
Bug. I have it too and I've never been online.