• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I tried flushing the store and reinstalling some things and no go on my downloads. I'm going to try to mess with it later today but this happened to before and I want to be supportive this is just not acceptable though.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Does Forza Horizons 4 on Gamepass not include the DLC? Will I need to buy the Lego expansion separetly?

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Here i am unable to even get the windows update.
Tells me to deactivate anti virus software that may be blocking it but i have none on...

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Really enoying vampyr. I guess I play framerates because I didn't like it on my Xbox x at all.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I tried flushing the store and reinstalling some things and no go on my downloads. I'm going to try to mess with it later today but this happened to before and I want to be supportive this is just not acceptable though.
I guess that betas for you. Good jobs they're only charging you £1 I guess.

AYZON

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Started playing Metro Exodus last night, every time I wanted to save it said "quicksave in progress" so I thought well, it has something saved at least. Started the game today and it only gave me the option to start a new game.
Too bad, I kinda liked it but im not going to play the first few hours again.

Oct 27, 2017
Started playing Metro Exodus last night, every time I wanted to save it said "quicksave in progress" so I thought well, it has something saved at least. Started the game today and it only gave me the option to start a new game.
Too bad, I kinda liked it but im not going to play the first few hours again.
Same thing happened to me. Worse still, the opening hours of the game are terrible and there's no way I'm willing to go through that again.

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
So are all of the newly added games as part of this game pass BETA UWP? Or are some Win32? Is there any way to easily tell without downloading and launching the game?

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah you have to buy the DLC. It also runs like ass on my GTX980 i54690k machine. Like, 30fps with drops on medium at 1080p

That doesnt seem right. I have the same CPU but a GTX 1080 and I'm running this guy at 4K 60, with some tweaks to lower a couple of settings. You should at least be getting the same as me at 1080p.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
That doesnt seem right. I have the same CPU but a GTX 1080 and I'm running this guy at 4K 60, with some tweaks to lower a couple of settings. You should at least be getting the same as me at 1080p.
Yeah Ive tried everything, even opened support and tickets and they just suggest I lock the fps to 30. I suspect it has something to do with not being able to run in exclusive full screen maybe? IDK, I pulled my hair out for a few weeks trying to get it to work, and now I just play it on my One S.

Eternalgamer

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
The default drive only, not directory.
Ah gotcha. I was just relieved you could do that. In both the old store and in the original Oculus App you couldn't even do that. Something about how the .exe's administer priveledges if not on the default drive. It was super irritating. I'm just glad that problem is gone.

For this app itself, while it's not perfect, the lay out is FAR BETTER than that Windows store shit. And this game selection for a launch is pretty great. If they grow to include Microsoft's other acquisitions (Pillars games, AOE, etc.) along with the new releases, I can see this being an absolute no brainer. Even though it doesn't have everything the console version has, there is still a hell of a lot of value here and I'm all about the "Netflix" model if the library is decent, and this one is pretty great for just starting.

Between Slay the Spire, Void Bastards, Vampyre, Recore, and Metro Exdous, that already is a pile of games I might eventually bought that I have instant access to now. And there are others I'm looking forward to checkingout.

Salty Hippo

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone figured out how to change language for a game? I changed my entire Windows language to English and the game is still all in Portuguese. This has been an issue since 2016 and here we are 3 years later still being forced to listen to terrible dubs in our dumb native languages. What is it so hard to understand about the fact that voice acting and localization are not necessarily of the same quality across every language?

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
When I click show all game it shows to me only 25 games now. Also how can I share my account and with how many player? Can we play at the same time? Also I did ultimate for 1 dollar but I'm interested only in pc, but I can't subscribe to pc game only now. Last things if I found out Xbox credit cards at low can I buy them and use them for pc game pass? Thanks

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Something's up, that rig is more than capable of running the game on ultra settings.
It should I know, but it doesnt and no amount of troubleshooting has solved it for me, to the point where I just play it on my One S now. I cant be the only one who cant get that game to run properly. I've spent weeks of my time fucking with it, uninstalled/reinstalled, clean windows install, every combination of settings you can think of. I even thought at one point it was because I only had 8gb ram, so I bought 16gb of new ram and tried that, still no luck.

Last edited:

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Have they been adding more games over the past few days? I swear every time I look I notice a few new games that weren't there before.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I'm so happy with Game Pass on PC. Loaded up some Sunset Overdrive last night, and it's a ton of fun. It looks and runs great on my machine. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is hitting my data cap downloading all these games. But I keep scrolling through seeing a bunch of games I want to play. I was happy paying for Game Pass for just the Play Anywhere titles. But now, it's just insane the amount of games I have access to.

Manik

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else just get this when they try to look through the games on the app?

osXBazV.jpg

Just a follow up, as I was having this exact same issue when I was clicking on the 'store' page. I found that if I connected through a VPN it worked, weirdly.

Thought about it a bit more and tried changing my DNS settings on my network adapter to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 (the Google DNS settings). Lo and behold, now it works perfectly. So this may be worth trying if you're having the same issue.

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
As someone who might be getting an Xbox in July, what's the general consensus that the $1 upgrade price will still be available then? I assume pretty good, right?

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
I took the plunge and decided to sign up, but when I went to install any games, it doesn't recognise the second partition on my SSD drive. I have a Windows install on a C:\ partition with a little extra space (About 60gb left on now for future updates and stuff that goes in Program Files), and then a D:\ partition where Games and Programs go so that I don't lose them all if I ever have to format and reinstall the OS.

Both the Xbox App and Microsoft Store only recognise the C:\ partition, plus a clunky old HDD (G:\) for music and a small external drive (H:\), neither of which are suitable for installing games on.

Has anyone had the same issue and found a way to resolve it?

I'm still having this problem. I'm going to be genuinely unable to use the damn store properly if I can't find a workaround. Anyone else had this and managed to fix it?

Oct 25, 2017
6fb9aff0-3199-47a2-9699-848ccd6f878a

Keep getting this every time I try and view the store page in the app, any ideas? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but no luck.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Ok I dont seem to be able to download certain games, the system requirements claim I need a Windows update to a newer version but I'm not finding any updates when I check. Anyone else got this issue?

Manik

Oct 29, 2017
6fb9aff0-3199-47a2-9699-848ccd6f878a

Keep getting this every time I try and view the store page in the app, any ideas? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but no luck.

Just a follow up, as I was having this exact same issue when I was clicking on the 'store' page. I found that if I connected through a VPN it worked, weirdly.

Thought about it a bit more and tried changing my DNS settings on my network adapter to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 (the Google DNS settings). Lo and behold, now it works perfectly. So this may be worth trying if you're having the same issue.

theslb

Nov 15, 2017
I have the latest update of windows and the game Metro Exodus still cant finish download the game is 54.8GB and when is 54.4GB done the error 0x80070780 pops up,its annoying...3 times i tried download and gives that error:((

Lemonade727

Oct 8, 2018
Ok I dont seem to be able to download certain games, the system requirements claim I need a Windows update to a newer version but I'm not finding any updates when I check. Anyone else got this issue?

You'll need to make sure you're updated to version 1903. If you do the update check through the Windows settings and it's not showing the option to download it, you can trigger the update by downloading the update assistant from here. Just know that there were certain blocks put in place stopping the update via traditional means on certain hardware configurations, so you may run into problems. Try to do some backups ahead of time just in case you run into issues on 1903 and need to revert.

After you update to 1903 make sure you download the proper, new Xbox (beta) app from the MS store and download your Game Pass titles from there.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland

Thanks for the heads up, that fixed it for me.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now I'm just getting "Queued" for Vampyr. I guess that is better than "ERROR", but uhhh... it isn't starting ever. Vampyr was the main game I wanted to play on this thing and it continues to be a garbage service that doesn't work for any game that isn't Astroneers.

Oct 25, 2017

Can't believe I didn't see this, thanks. I'll give it a go later and report back.

ReBirFh

Dec 8, 2017
You'll need to make sure you're updated to version 1903. If you do the update check through the Windows settings and it's not showing the option to download it, you can trigger the update by downloading the update assistant from here. Just know that there were certain blocks put in place stopping the update via traditional means on certain hardware configurations, so you may run into problems. Try to do some backups ahead of time just in case you run into issues on 1903 and need to revert.

After you update to 1903 make sure you download the proper, new Xbox (beta) app from the MS store and download your Game Pass titles from there.

Plus use ccleaner to repair and fix registry entries before updating.

I use a Ryzen PC and the update was unavailable to me because of the block in place.

Manually downloaded but after trying to install, it gave a BSOD "somethingsomething watchdog violation something something".

Only after using ccleaner I was able to update successfully.

Beeblebrox

Oct 28, 2017
After a bit of annoying setup and having to change my region (and then buy Xbox prepaid card on CDkeys), I'm in for 2 months for 5 GBP.

This shit is crazy. Void Bastards are downloading, and now let's see what else is on there.

Btw, any word on the status of Ashen and Below? They're already available on the Xbox side of things, right? It'd be great if we got them on PC.