• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
Do you earn achievements while playing these games on PC? I was playing Forza Horizon 4 and thought a couple might pop up but they didn't.

OP
OP
Rynam

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do you earn achievements while playing these games on PC? I was playing Forza Horizon 4 and thought a couple might pop up but they didn't.

Some games do have achievments, some dont, sadly. Forza has some but they dont really pop up, any you can only view them in the xbox companion app.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Started playing Metro Exodus last night, every time I wanted to save it said "quicksave in progress" so I thought well, it has something saved at least. Started the game today and it only gave me the option to start a new game.
Too bad, I kinda liked it but im not going to play the first few hours again.
Same thing happened to me. Worse still, the opening hours of the game are terrible and there's no way I'm willing to go through that again.
Apparently, there seems to be a bug when it comes to saving settings and progress with the Windows Store version

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Plus use ccleaner to repair and fix registry entries before updating.

I use a Ryzen PC and the update was unavailable to me because of the block in place.

Manually downloaded but after trying to install, it gave a BSOD "somethingsomething watchdog violation something something".

Only after using ccleaner I was able to update successfully.
Oh shit this may be the same issue I'm having. I keep getting GSOD (BSOD for insider builds) with WDF_Violation. Plus if I try to update from settings > windows update, I get Error 0x80070002. So I'll try CCleaner. What did you do with CCleaner exactly to make yours work?

Here's my errors:

Edit: Cleaned registery and such with CCleaner and nothing - still getting Error 0x80070002 on the Windows Update on settings. Haven't tried a manual install with the Updater app again since the GSOD earlier.

Anyone else getting Error 0x80070002 when trying to update to version 1903?

Last edited:

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
Of all the amazing titles on gp, I first downloaded Bomber Crew. I can't get enough of this stupid game.

ReBirFh

Dec 8, 2017
Oh shit this may be the same issue I'm having. I keep getting GSOD (BSOD for insider builds) with WDF_Violation. Plus if I try to update from settings > windows update, I get Error 0x80070002. So I'll try CCleaner. What did you do with CCleaner exactly to make yours work?

Here's my errors:

I did an easy clean first and after that I went to registry, scanned and fixed the issues it found.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I did an easy clean first and after that I went to registry, scanned and fixed the issues it found.
Yeah I've done both of those and still getting Error 0x80070002 on windows update in settings. Did you use that or the manual update method with the "Windows 10 Update Assistant" which updates you to 1903 - the last few times I've tried this method I've gotten the GSOD with WDF Violation.

Oct 30, 2017
Shenmue sets my desktop resolution from 4K to 1080p and if I choose 4K in-game it has black bars on the right and left side.

Whoever said I should play this on PC over the 1X, you trippin.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
everything was working for me, and then today I went to launch void bastards and it freezes on the loading screen. I reset my PC and now when I click "play" it gives me that dumb pop up to click about getting out of the way, and then the game doesn't even try to launch.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
someone in this thread (I can't find the post) said that they somehow had this locked in through the end of 2020? It only lets me make the first month paykment, I can't pay ahead or pay annually. how would I do that?

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Turns out that a bunch of people on the internet were right all along, Sunset Overdrive is indeed great! Seemed so unappealing to me in the vids back then when it came out on xbox. Love that with gamepass I can just try a bunch of games like this that I wouldn't otherwise have played.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Just a follow up, as I was having this exact same issue when I was clicking on the 'store' page. I found that if I connected through a VPN it worked, weirdly.

Thought about it a bit more and tried changing my DNS settings on my network adapter to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 (the Google DNS settings). Lo and behold, now it works perfectly. So this may be worth trying if you're having the same issue.

lmao how fucking bizarre, thanks! Working for me now

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah you have to buy the DLC. It also runs like ass on my GTX980 i54690k machine. Like, 30fps with drops on medium at 1080p
everything was working for me, and then today I went to launch void bastards and it freezes on the loading screen. I reset my PC and now when I click "play" it gives me that dumb pop up to click about getting out of the way, and then the game doesn't even try to launch.
You have something seriously wrong with your rig. It's been said before, but this last post cements it. It sounds like you've tried everything software wise, so maybe it's something with your hardware?

Eternalgamer

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
If you've already signed up for the PC Gamepass, is there anyway to still do the thing where you get the big discount for a longer period and if so how does that work?

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
You have something seriously wrong with your rig. It's been said before, but this last post cements it. It sounds like you've tried everything software wise, so maybe it's something with your hardware?
Nah, the second post turned out to be I needed to update windows again. It works now, void bastards that is. Forza Horizon 4 not so much, it's the only game that wont run right on my rig, everything else works fine. I gave up on trying to play Forza on my pc in december.

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
It's a great value, no doubt about it, but I recommend skipping Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. It's runs like crap on my GTX 1080:

48046911997_9dc0a52a3f_o.png

ppn7

May 4, 2019
How many time to get the same amount of games between PC and Xbox pass ?

There are more then 260 on Xbox and only 60/70 on pc now..

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
My Windows language is en-US, my region is set as US, my main keyboard layout is US-intl, and I'm stuck with some games in my local language, like The Surge.

Am I missing some other way to force a certain language?

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
I was driving and listening to waypoint literally read and react to the PC gamepass list. I agree it is a great list!

One would think any game in the future would be negotiated to come to both platforms?

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, the second post turned out to be I needed to update windows again. It works now, void bastards that is. Forza Horizon 4 not so much, it's the only game that wont run right on my rig, everything else works fine. I gave up on trying to play Forza on my pc in december.

I had some minor problems with Forza as well yesterday when I installed it. I have a 2080 Ti and wanted to play it on my TV, started it and I was getting 15FPS for no reason at all. I disabled Vsync and it shot up to 100FPS and the GPU was then at 100% like it should.

I noticed that the game was thinking that I was running it on my main monitor which is 165Hz, because when I was going to limit it to 60FPS I could only pick 33, 66 and some other odd numbers. I quit the game, set my main monitor to 60Hz and booted it again, now it showed 60FPS in the menu like it should. After that I could set it to 60, turn Vsync on and the game would run like it should.

Maybe it's something similar for you.

SpaceUI

Oct 31, 2017
Anybody know why State of Decay 2 keeps showing "Update Available" and when I try to update it's like 12GB? Update can't be that big, right?

GDewWqI.png

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Turns out that a bunch of people on the internet were right all along, Sunset Overdrive is indeed great! Seemed so unappealing to me in the vids back then when it came out on xbox. Love that with gamepass I can just try a bunch of games like this that I wouldn't otherwise have played.

It might be my game of the generation. Humor is hit or miss but the gameplay is fantastic.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
I have the latest update of windows and the game Metro Exodus still cant finish download the game is 54.8GB and when is 54.4GB done the error 0x80070780 pops up,its annoying...3 times i tried download and gives that error:((
Probably a blessing in disguise. I've downloaded and played 12 or so games, Exodus is the only one that has serious issues even loading correctly. Something is seriously bugged with this version of the game.

SpaceUI

Oct 31, 2017
Now the launcher won't boot up lol, good thing the games are independent of the Xbox app, unlike Steam for example -.-

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Thank for those who suggested using UWPHook!

Pretty easy to setup and now all of the games installed through the Xbox Beta App are now showing in Steam. I could care less about which launcher the game(s) are in but I want to use Steam big picture mode for the built in Switch Pro Controller support!

Now I can play Forza Horizon 4 with a controller. Nice to have the choice between pad or KB/M.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody try playing CrossCode with an Xbox One controller? It flat out won't let me. It's even set up in the menus for a controller and I can't do squat unless I use the mouse and keyboard.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
I've 2 doubts: how to change language on .ini files since games directories are blocked from access
And how to delete incomplete or full downloads....

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
CPU? I just downloaded this and have a GTX 1080. If it runs that bad I refuse to play it.

It's just a weird Frankenstein remaster/remake thing. Its performance is inconsistent for everybody I think. I've got a 2600k OC with a 970 and it stays at 60 fps a lot of the time but it can and will drop down when action gets heavy, usually in outdoor areas.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
My Windows language is en-US, my region is set as US, my main keyboard layout is US-intl, and I'm stuck with some games in my local language, like The Surge.

Am I missing some other way to force a certain language?
For UWP games, you need to set your Format in Language settings to the language you want to use, weird but that's how it works.

List of Games with Achievements.

Outlaw Torn

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a lot of questions about which games have achievements and which don't, so I made a list that separates the games.

Achievements:

• ABZU
  • ACA NEOGEO Metal Slug X
  • ARK: Survival Evolved
  • ASTRONEER
  • Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
  • Bridge Constructor Portal
  • Broforce
  • Crackdown 3
  • Die for Valhalla
  • Disneyland Adventures
  • EVERSPACE
  • Football Manager 2019
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Full Metal Furies
  • Gears of War 4
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
  • Guacamelee! 2
  • Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Halo: Spartan Assault
  • Halo: Spartan Strike
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • Hello Neighbor
  • Hydro Thunder Hurricane
  • Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition
  • MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE
  • Metro Exodus
  • Moonlighter
  • Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
  • Neon Chrome
  • Old Man's Journey
  • Operencia: The Stolen Sun
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • Oxenfree
  • Prey
  • ReCore
  • Riptide GP: Renegade
  • Rise of Nations: Extended Edition
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Riverbond
  • Ruiner
  • Rush: A DisneyPixar Adventure
  • Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition
  • Shenmue I & II
  • Silence - The Whispered World 2
  • Snake Pass
  • State of Decay 2
  • Stealth Inc 2
  • SteamWorld Dig 2
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Super Lucky's Tale
  • SUPERHOT
  • Supermarket Shriek
  • Surviving Mars
  • Tacoma
  • The Gardens Between
  • The Last Door Season 2
  • The Messenger
  • The Surge
  • The Turing Test
  • Thimbleweed Park
  • Thumper
  • Wargroove
  • Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
  • We Happy Few
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
  • Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection
Does Not Have Achievements:
  • Apocalipsis
  • Battle Chasers: Nightwar
  • Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe
  • Bomber Crew
  • Book of Demons
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Suns
  • Clustertruck
  • Crosscode
  • FEZ
  • Hatoful Boyfriend
  • Hollow Knight
  • Hotline Miami
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Into the Breach
  • Kingsway
  • Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
  • Mudrunner
  • Opus Magnum
  • Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You
  • Pony Island
  • RiME
  • Samorost 3
  • Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
  • Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption
  • Slay the Spire
  • Smoke and Sacrifice
  • The Banner Saga
  • The Banner Saga 2
  • The Flame in the Flood
  • The Stillness of Wind
  • Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny – Gold Edition
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • VAMPYR
  • Void Bastards
  • Wandersong
  • West of Loathing
  • Wizard of Legend

Last edited:

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've done a reinstall of Windows, and no luck on getting Metro Exodus, Wolfenstein, or any other Win32 app that states it requires Administrator permissions to install. Just error at 0% downloading.

Same. Except it finishes downloading for me than ERROR shows up.

I give up on this garbage app. Worse than the Windows Store. Games download to 100% than just says "ERROR". Can't delete or uninstall to try to redownload. Can't even figure out how to open the fucking folder where it downloaded to because its tighter than Fort Knox. Sticking with Steam, screw this pos.

Dre

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've set my region and my regional format to US in the Windows 10 time & language setting but after opening Wolfenstein I somehow downloaded the censored and dubbed version with no way to change language. Is there a way to download the US version or do I need a VPN connection for that?

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
So I somehow managed to fix my problem. Not sure what did it. I did a bunch of things and then rebooted, and now it works.

My guess would be that running "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth " followed by "sfc /scannow" in cmd as an admin did it.
Do you remember what else you might have done? Just tried the cmd stuff as admin and rebooted and am still getting that same error message when attempting to install.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Metro exodus.... uh what? first encounter it tells me to smash e, so I do, then a menu comes up that only lets me quit to main menu and nothing else... did I die? Weird death screen if so. I think its a bug tho cuz when I quit to main menu, it just freezes the game.

Slay the spire tho, god damn I can't stop playing this game.

Also... is there any way to get discord to recognize what windows game I'm playing?

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone else encounter problems with downloading/installing Wolfenstein (i.e. whole download progress being reset the next morning)? I tried to download it twice now on my potatoe internet, each time the same bullshit