• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TioChuck

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
The Game Pass is simply absurd, for the price they're asking here in Brazil I feel there is no reason not to buy it, it's so incredibly cheap and the collection of games is just absurd, I'm in awe at just all these amazing GOTY level games that are in it, it's just completely absurd, I just might quit on buying games on PC for a really long time.

Right? I got a R$20 gift card and that gave me 2 months, I'm thinking of buying a whole year already.

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Trying to get this going but the Feature Update 1903 has failed like 7 times for me at 60%. This has eaten up like 8 hours of my day. Why the fuck would they hinge the operation of their gaming store app on the latest OS update when their OS updates are notoriously temperamental.

I always have issues installing the feature updates in Win10 via Windows Update. The only method that has worked for me in the past is installing it via the Windows 10 Update Assistant which I used to update to v1809, every other method I tried failed after wasting countless hours

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I always have issues installing the feature updates in Win10 via Windows Update. The only method that has worked for me in the past is installing it via the Windows 10 Update Assistant which I used to update to v1809, every other method I tried failed after wasting countless hours
I'll give it a whirl and let you know. I tried running the Windows Update Repair tool, I tried using the Media Creation tool, same deal every time. Fingers crossed, though. Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: This interface looks familiar and I'm pretty sure I've done this twice already today but what's another hour and a half?

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'll give it a whirl and let you know. I tried running the Windows Update Repair tool, I tried using the Media Creation tool, same deal every time. Fingers crossed, though. Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: This interface looks familiar and I'm pretty sure I've done this twice already today but what's another hour and a half?

No worries, good luck. I haven't updated to 1903 yet so I cannot verify but using that tool worked first go when I went to 1809 after everything else failed.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
So I tried to download the app, says it doesnt find my pc every fucking time, even when that account is already vinculated to it. I suppose its becuase i dont have my windows to the update it needs? it updated atomatically yesterday and I thought that was it.

Im downloading now a game directly, see if it works that way, if that does fuck the app.

Also 1 fucking euro for all this games is absurd.

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So I tried to download the app, says it doesnt find my pc every fucking time, even when that account is already vinculated to it. I suppose its becuase i dont have my windows to the update it needs? it updated atomatically yesterday and I thought that was it.

That sounds like a different issue. When you try to use the app and you're not on 1903, the error specifically says you need to be on the latest version of Windows (May 2019 update).

I didnt realise you could directly download the games bypassing the app though, that may be the way to go.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
It's annoying with Metro Exodus, every time I start the game, I have to select a new resolution, then select my actual resolution again, then alt tab out and back into the game. Only then will it no longer be 1280x720 resolution...

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds like a different issue. When you try to use the app and you're not on 1903, the error specifically says you need to be on the latest version of Windows.

I didnt realise you could directly download the games bypassing the app though, that may be the way to go.
mmm Maybe i need to restart my PC?
I dont know, it just my pc doesnt appear in systems when the get window for the app opens but it does on every other thing.
The game is downloading, and when it actually push the get button for the game, it asked which drive i wanted to put it and everything. Im sure its not gonna let me play it, but i will tell here if it works or not.

EDIT
A pop just appeared telling me it downloaded on my PC. There was a button to make the game starts and...
it works.
Fuck the app.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This shit is a nightmare to get working.

I'm trying to install the pc app for game pass. Before it will let me install it, it says I need to update my windows, despite windows literally updating an hour ago when I restarted my pc. When I let it try and update, it then just gets stuck at 87 percent and never advances from that point...

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Guys just download the game directly from the website, the app doesnt even recognize my pc yet i downloaded a game and it works perfectly.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No worries, good luck. I haven't updated to 1903 yet so I cannot verify but using that tool worked first go when I went to 1809 after everything else failed.
Back to say no such luck. Hopefully you fare better.

Guys just download the game directly from the website, the app doesnt even recognize my pc yet i downloaded a game and it works perfectly.
May have to do that. I think I give up lol

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else still unable to boot Metro? I downloaded Moonlighter and it works fine. I'm on the latest version of Windows. This is super frustrating.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Also confirming that achivements are working without the xbox app, just popped up the first achivement of Disneyland Adventures on the xbox console companion app thingy (that one i installed to play sea of thives last year, not the same as the normal xbox beta one).

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Anyone know if there's any way to pay ahead for a few months? Trying to lock in this beta price if possible haha

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I played half of The Gardens Between and didn't unlock achievements despite the game showing as 0/1000 on my Gamertag, I started Vampyr and it doesn't even show as played on my Gamertag, is this normal?
I've been playing vampyr and getting no achievements as well. I think it's safe to assume every win32 game or any game that isn't play anywhere doesn't have achievements.

j3d1j4m13

Feb 24, 2019
Bummed about buying Metro like a month ago. Not bummed at all that Microsoft is bringing that value. Excited to run up my Comcast data with downloads tonight!

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
How would a subscription service be responsible game performance lol

Also, what kind of PC do you have, my Alienware was average and ran ReCore at 1080/60 just fine. I was on SSD too in case that makes a difference.
I don't know...maybe it's not well optimized for PC's or something like that? The base game on XBO had many technical issues such as long load times and dropped frames.

I have a PC that can run it. GTX 1050 with an i5

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
How would I go about doing this? Because I've been trying to install Wolfenstein 2 for three days and it's still stuck on starting.
I just went to the first website in the OP
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-pc-games/cfq7ttc0kgq8
If you already bought the pass, it will ask your country (if not the US) and just send you to the games directly, just click the game you want and dowload. It will ask which hard drive you want.
Make sure you have your PC attached to you account.
Once it finishes a pop up will say you can start the game, just say start and it will work. Or at least it worked for me. Only tested Disneyland dventures though.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else got a bug where you can't download anything but you don't get any error message? My downloads appear queued, but I can't restart them at all. It seemingly started after the app had some issues with an update (it told me it was gonna update itself, the I got an error message, and when I restarted it it seemed to work fine until I tried to download Slay the Spire, which is stuck queued along with Operencia now). Tried restarting the downloads directly from the Windows store, no dice either (I've also restarted the computer several times to no avail). I don't seem to be able to cancel the games in the queue either.

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Back to say no such luck. Hopefully you fare better.

Damn...I guess you've already tried this, but have you manually deleted the softwaredistribution folders etc ? We use that method here at work when Windows updates fail to install from our SCCM server

Just google softwaredistribution and windows updates to get the method if not. I think that was one of the last things I did previously before using the update assistant, maybe that made the difference.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn...I guess you've already tried this, but have you manually deleted the softwaredistribution folders etc ? We use that method here at work when Windows updates fail to install from our SCCM server

Just google softwaredistribution and windows updates to get the method if not. I think that was one of the last things I did previously before using the update assistant, maybe that made the difference.
I hadn't. Playing apex now but I'll give it a shot later this evening. Thanks!

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Well, that's not gonna happen. Guess I'm just not gonna keep it past the introductory month unless this gets fixed.
I'm in the same boat with ya. Tried everything under the sun, including fixes that worked for some in this thread (all aside from reinstalling Windows) and not a positive result. I'm hoping this is something that they can just fix.

In the grand scheme I could just take the inconvenience hit and do a reinstall but I am trying to weigh it in my head if I really care about this that much to bother with doing it. So I shall just wait and see. Maybe someone will pop up in here with a magic fix.

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Like shit. The frame rate is all over the place, it's quite nauseating. I have to play on low preset just to keep it above 60fps most of the time, and it looks terrible like that. I'm honestly just going to pie it off, it's a really bad port. 8600k @ 4.4GHz, GTX 1080, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz.

Thank you for the update. I've read a post on Microsoft forums saying that a Windows 10 update released last year messed up the game's performance. At this point, I believe the low GPU usage issue will never get fixed.

Oct 25, 2017
It's annoying with Metro Exodus, every time I start the game, I have to select a new resolution, then select my actual resolution again, then alt tab out and back into the game. Only then will it no longer be 1280x720 resolution...

Had the same shit myself and it was so annoying I ended up uninstalling it.

I'll regret it soon and have to download 50GB all over again won't I?

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I've had a pretty decent experience with the Xbox app so far but now I'm getting "queued 0%" downloads all of a sudden.

Wargroove is only 284.2MB... just give it to me!!!

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Im downloading now a game directly, see if it works that way, if that does fuck the app.

Also 1 fucking euro for all this games is absurd.
How do you do that?

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
If you already bought the pass, it will ask your country (if not the US) and just send you to the games directly, just click the game you want and dowload. It will ask which hard drive you want.
Once it finishes a pop up will say you can start the game, just say start and it will work. Or at least it worked for me. Only tested Disneyland dventures though.

djshauny1

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what I think of the new app. Voice chat keeps cutting out for me after 20mins or so. Just stops completely and have to restart my PC. How do you start a party?

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, I finally fixed my problem. Apparently this stupid app doesn't like external drives. How dumb in 2019.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
i've only been playing void bastards, and sofar the experience has been sublime. I'm gonna really take my time completing stuff and not bouncing around the collection

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Handy. But while I can install Gears of War 4, the Metro Exodus entry in the store has a grayed out install button. It gives me tthe option to install on my devices and tells me I have no applicable devices on my account. :\

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Handy. But while I can install Gears of War 4, the Metro Exodus entry in the store has a grayed out install button. It gives me tthe option to install on my devices and tells me I have no applicable devices on my account. :\
So the same message i get whwn trying to install the app itself.
Something is going wonky. Hope i can install the games im interested in

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guess this is why it's a beta.
28e68b1fdaa1123eecbfcbae11a58d3619db140d.png

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017

Thats because the Disney game doesnt require admin privilages. Anything that does requires the app.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I'm trying the manual download method but the game is taking forever to DL. In the mean time I did update windows again but the download is SLOWWWWWWWWWW.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Unfortunately Into The Breach controller support isn't working for me, my controller is a Logitech F310 and is a XInput controller, apparently the games controller support is tied to steam in some way?

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They really should run this shit through the windows store. Everyone I know is having issues with this app bullshit due to the required windows update.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm trying the manual download method but the game is taking forever to DL. In the mean time I did update windows again but the download is SLOWWWWWWWWWW.
try this:

dont know if it will help.

I heard that Windows has problems when a File is big. Metro took me almost 8 hours. I have an 400mbit connection ......

gonna try to download forza tomorrow and see how that goes. Smaller games were lightning fast.

btw. @ everybody: download Streamworld dig 2. Such a great addictive game . Loved the first game and the second one is pulling me down the mine again.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i wonder how many new subs Microsoft got in the last 3 days. I never planned to jump in this gen and was waiting for next gen xbox but this Gamepass deal made me rethink that and i too am now in this till 2022.

I am thinking about buying a cheap xbox one S for all the gamepass for console games until Project scarlett comes out end of next year. Its a really long time to just use gamepass on pc. Also not all gamepass games are on pc so it would make sense and the games are clearly optimised for the console . PC ports are hit and miss. Like Metro exodus is showing right now. Its a mess.