• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FeArTriX

Oct 26, 2017
I can't make x64 games to work for some reason I kept getting 0x8007001f error, is there any workaround for this?

gr0w

Oct 28, 2017
Can't get Metro Exodus to work, always stuck at the "cannot log in to xbox live" step. Tried a million things and just gave up -_-
(Edit) i alt-entered and alt-tabbed the shit out of the game, got the missing screen, works now

Last edited:

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Great, so while I was originally getting the Error code: 0x80070005 problem, that went away around a week ago and I downloaded Metro, Slay and others. Today, I go to check out Prey and, Whaddaya know, it's back. I can't download *anything* that requires administrator privileges and just see Error code: 0x80070005. What's more, anything I managed to install previously that required Admin approval... now won't open. At all. No error message, nothing, it just... doesn't open.

This reallllly needs fixing. Especially considering I thought it was already fixed :/

EDIT: For anyone reading, I uninstalled the latest Windows Update (KB4503293) and that seems to have fixed things, at least for now. Looks like they're still tinkering with permissions etc though, so this really is still all a Beta.

Last edited:

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Via the windows store you can click get updates but I believe it auto updates anyway.

Saw that too late, I've already finished the game...it was a fun but janky experience
_____

Is anybody elde having problems launching Wolfenstein? I finally managed to fully download the game but I'm getting this error message: "Could not write crash dump"

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone try Supermarket Shriek? I'm getting terrible frame stutters in that game, which make it completely unplayable. Everything else I've tried seems to be working well.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone please play Prey if you haven't already or I will cry.
Yeah, I'll cry, too!

Does Prey share its achievements with the Xbox version?

Does Prey also come with all the DLC?
Sadly not. At least i didnt see any of the DLC stuff.
If I have the DLC for Prey on the Xbox One, do I get access to it on the PC, as well?

I certainly would not be opposed to playing through the game yet again, but on PC this time.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is anybody elde having problems launching Wolfenstein? I finally managed to fully download the game but I'm getting this error message: "Could not write crash dump"

In case somebody else is having the same problem, update your graphic drivers. It works perfectly afterwards. It runs super smooth even on my laptop Ryzen, a damn fine port!

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Weird Prey bug on Game Pass PC: if you let it idle at the main 'press start' screen it won't be able to log in, which means you can't access any saves either. Fortunately restarting it and pressing a button ASAP will avoid this problem.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Has it been discussed yet how awesome Astroneer is with a friend? Because with a friend, that game is awesome.

yckmd_

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I've been super stoked on the PC Game Pass - recently grabbed that beta Xbox App after trying the companion app (ugh) and very happy about it. Been playing Crosscode, Kingsway and about to start Moonlighter. I got in when it was only $1 Canadian after the announcement and I'm over the moon about the value - even considering finally investing in a GPU since I have access to all these new (to me) games.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If I have a suscription for Ultimate until October and I get a 12 months gold code, does it automatically convert into ultimate?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Last edited:

Naru

May 11, 2019
Tried playing Prey but there is no option to disable motion blur in game and for it to be disabled I have to create a file in the game folder which I can not do since the weird Microsoft Store folder system is write protected.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
So for some reason I am unable to download certain games. Prey, The Messenger, Vampyr, Astroneer...pretty much anything 3rd party. At first I thought it was just because those are locked as part of the beta but now that I'm seeing others are playing them....what gives? Whenever I hover over the "install" button, I just get a red circle with a line through it. Can't click the button, have plenty of storage, no error message anywhere....maybe it's a bug or there was another update for windows that needs to be done. Idk. :-\

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Tried playing Prey but there is no option to disable motion blur in game and for it to be disabled I have to create a file in the game folder which I can not do since the weird Microsoft Store folder system is write protected.
You can grant yourself access to the WindowsApp folder to sort this (well everything except the .exe itself) - there are various guides on the internet.. However you then may struggle to uninstall the games afterwards as you'll be giving yourself the exclusive permissions to those files rather than the Windows service.

It's all a bit annoying really but I suppose there's no way around it given the DRM nature of Game Pass and the time limited nature of the games.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
So for some reason I am unable to download certain games. Prey, The Messenger, Vampyr, Astroneer...pretty much anything 3rd party. At first I thought it was just because those are locked as part of the beta but now that I'm seeing others are playing them....what gives? Whenever I hover over the "install" button, I just get a red circle with a line through it. Can't click the button, have plenty of storage, no error message anywhere....maybe it's a bug or there was another update for windows that needs to be done. Idk. :-\
I had the same thing before I updated Windows 10 to the latest version. It's not apparent, but if you scroll down on the store page it should say the reason why you can't install the game.

Albin

Jun 29, 2018
EDIT: For anyone reading, I uninstalled the latest Windows Update (KB4503293) and that seems to have fixed things, at least for now. Looks like they're still tinkering with permissions etc though, so this really is still all a Beta.
THANK YOU! this worked for me as well. It seems at least. Was able to install Void Bastards (again) and Metro is installed at least.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Anyone played Hellblade? I can't find the option to turn on hdr, I ready it was patched in but I don't see it in the graphics options.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
I had the same thing before I updated Windows 10 to the latest version. It's not apparent, but if you scroll down on the store page it should say the reason why you can't install the game.

Updating through Windows Update didn't help so I had to go and find the May update webpage and download the installer there....but now I can get The Messenger and Vampyr!
Thanks!

wellpapp

Aug 21, 2018
Gothenburg
Metro was unplayable before that hotfix. Played an hour of it last night, can't get over the godawful sound balance those games have, squishy loud footsteps all over.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody having gamepad issues with The Messenger? My control stops detecting movement input, but every other button works fine and it seems to randomly happen in-game. No other game is having this issue so I don't know what is going on.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Was wondering why my downloads were failing every time I tried to install most of them. But somehow a few worked without it (Recore). Needed that 1903 update...

Pretty cool getting in at $1. Probably wouldn't be buying most of those games otherwise.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping that Metro update would fix the game for me, but no. The game still crashes before I get to the main menu, and whatever "safe mode" is won't let me play because it can't access Xbox Live.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody having gamepad issues with The Messenger? My control stops detecting movement input, but every other button works fine and it seems to randomly happen in-game. No other game is having this issue so I don't know what is going on.

I had an issue with the controller tuning off and not powering back on if I left The Messenger idle for a while. I restarted the game and app, resynced the controller and adapter and it cleared up the issues.